• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Iron Caskets: Oceania Naval Base

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot

The 'Vanishing Act' works, catching the pursuing craft off guard and evading them as Alois takes his fighter weaving through the traffic around the station, and then in a wide loop around the station itself.

From the distant light of Pardus' star, the station looks imposing. Large weapons batteries on turrets litter the exterior in several places, making it a daunting proposition to attack with force. Unauthorized craft of any size would not make it far if the station was ready for them. Interior lights here and there indicate the mass of activity inside.

An abrupt alarm sounds in Alois' cockpit; a missile warning. "Fancy trick," Crawford's voice commends him. "But it'll take more than that to lose me!" Her signature would be difficult to find amid the mass of metal here, and perhaps she was intentionally flying close to something else to mask herself.

RayPurchase RayPurchase

With a gentle smile and a quiet laugh, Captain Mara takes Cain's hand in her own and gives him a solid shake. Her hands, as one might have suspected, are well roughed from lots of dirt work. "It's true that this isn't exactly protocol, but things here in Pardus are getting interesting. I thought it best to make an offer myself, before any of our competitors decided to try and pick you up. The Red Brigade is renowned deeper into the home territories, I'm sure you know."

Releasing Cain and taking a step away, Mara tilts her head towards her desk. Sitting on it is a bottle of something red-gold hued, two simple glasses, and a pair of comfortable looking chairs situated on either side. "Shall we discuss business?"

Petroshka Petroshka

Over the next couple of hours the ISS Ascalon would be towed into a synchronous orbit of the station, ending up with it being, effectively, motionless in relation to the rest of the craft in its vicinity. While in the midst of these maneuvers, the ship would receive a hail from one of the other vessels in holding, a Corporate Cruiser; registered as TEC Glorious.

"We have an exciting offer for you," would be the somewhat generic greeting from an overly excited, electronic voice.

After being accepted, the electronic voice would be replaced by a suave looking gentleman; pristine, well trimmed red hair slicked back in an almost hawk-like fashion, soft brown eyes and perfect, shining teeth appearing on the viewscreen. "Hello, there. My name is Christoph DeMarqus, and I'm representing the Terran Entertainment Corporation to offer you some meaningful work to do hereabouts, in Pardus. I'd like to invite whoever it is you have for negotiating contracts come to my ship. I'll send one of my personal shuttles, and treat them to fine food and drink for their brief stay, naturally."

Last edited:
Pardus Sector
Oceania Naval Base

"Reading you loud and clear, Oceania. We'll take up that offer of an orbital tow. Captain, shall we accept their shuttle services?" The Comms Ofiicer reported. Havel hummed as he thought about it, not surprised at the fact that the orbital base is fully docked. Any merc worth their income knows that Pardus is a figurative gold mine for contracts. Still it did sadden him to see that the original Conglomorate lose its control. He did grow up on one of their colonies after all.

"Its alright. Just inform them that a couple of our shuttles will be doing the supply run." As the Comms Officer relayed his message, Havel reached over to his console and pressed a button. "Bridge to Hanger."

"Hanger reporting. What's up, Hav?" A bubbly sounding female replied on the intercomm. That would be Kurosawa Ushio, former pilot and Head Mechanic onboard the Shrike.

"Have Juliet and Moby Dick ready for a supply run. Oh and have Remitz, Holt, Urd and Ibuki's planes ready. I think our little helpers are arriving soon. Wouldn't want to look sloppy, no?" Havel joked before turning his attention back out to the stars.

"Let's see... What sort of job awaits us in these here parts."

Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach Petroshka Petroshka Nachytsm Nachytsm

Home, Home sweet home, those were the words inside Julius's head when he learned that they're going to the Pardus Sector, groggily rubbing his eyes after coming from Hypersleep, Julius took a shower before drying up. he was surprised that the crew is heading to Pardus when it never occurred to him that the sector is also ripe for contracts which included his own family. caressing his Pilot's jacket and the W.E.I.S.S emblem on it, he made his way towards the hanger while greeting the other personnel along the way. Eventually, he reached the Hanger, it was one od the most busiest place in the ship, Pilots and Marines talking about, Engineers repairing and loading the mechs, Julius made his way to his mech which stuck out like a sore thumb due its design, it was unlike the other mechs that the company has in the hanger, one of the fastest and firepower wise, strongest in the arsenal. eventually Julius went in its cockpits, reconfiguring, rerouting and rebooting its Combat OS which a friend installed to help it run.

Through the Cockpit walls, He could hear Sarcoline's sweet voice, his old friend from the same company he used to work with before being replaced by the sound of music from long ago, realizing what's next afterwards, Julius steps out of the cockpit of his Fenrir Lupus Rex after performing maintenance on its Systems just in time as Raura began addressing the Marines and the Pilots.

"As expected of Raura. Music and Inspection." Julius leans on his mech, its ammunition laid out on the ground near it.

Petroshka Petroshka

Alois immediately swerved out of the way of the oncoming holographic missile, and his heart skipped a beat; he pulled up sharply, narrowly avoiding the naval base. He heard a deep groaning sound for a split second: that couldn't be good.

"Damage report."

Within a second, a digital display of his spacecraft appeared on his HUD. None of his critical systems sustained any damage, but there was a nasty scrape on the port canard. It would have to get repaired later.

"Nasty little trick, Crawford. Missiles are for cowards." He felt a small grin form on his face. He activated the DRADIS (Direction, RAnge, DIStance) onboard his ship, giving a rough pinpoint on where Crawford was hiding. If his numbers were right, she was the last remaining pilot. Then again, he didn't exactly pass math, but it didn't matter.

"Ever played chicken, Crawford?"

Nachytsm Nachytsm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back