• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Iridia- Occ

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
heyy ill have my first post up tomorrow (or i guess technically today), thanks for waiting been a busy/social last few days for me apologies♡

alright got first post up. sorry if it reads like a YA fantasy intro i only know how to write dramatically and with too much wistfulness. it's funny i just watched knight's tale (heath ledger) and was thinking about making it more funny than storybooky but i'll save that for another post

Last edited:
Got mine up as well! I'm aware (and sorry) that it's kinda (note: really) long but rest assured that my posts afterwards won't be as long as this one right here. Also I'd like to ask if it reads well grammar or writing wise since English isn't really my first language and I haven't written for a while now lmao

Got mine up as well! I'm aware (and sorry) that it's kinda (note: really) long but rest assured that my posts afterwards won't be as long as this one right here. Also I'd like to ask if it reads well grammar or writing wise since English isn't really my first language and I haven't written for a while now lmao
It read perfectly! I'm being honest: if you hadn't told me English wasn't your first language I really don't think I would have known!

It read perfectly! I'm being honest: if you hadn't told me English wasn't your first language I really don't think I would have known!

Thank youu!! I kind of fret over things like grammar too much, and second guess if this word matches this word and such to the point where I essentially stretch what should be maybe an hour or two I allotted to myself to writing into half of my entire day lol, so it's kinda cool to see people be so reassuring haha.

anyways, i'm excited to see all our characters finally interact!!

Thank youu!! I kind of fret over things like grammar too much, and second guess if this word matches this word and such to the point where I essentially stretch what should be maybe an hour or two I allotted to myself to writing into half of my entire day lol, so it's kinda cool to see people be so reassuring haha.

anyways, i'm excited to see all our characters finally interact!!
Aww no problem. Yea it was fine and I loved reading it! I mean it! Your hard work writing it certainly paid off.

And yea, I'm super excited to see our characters finally interact!

My only thing is, I don't know if I should come in with my response now or wait a little while for some others, because I think I have a general idea of what Mitchell will react to his situation with and his interaction with both the drunken soldier and the noble.

Sorry about that post BLK BLK
I feel like its a little clunky, and I got it out much later than I expected
Suddenly got really busy yesterday and will be busy til Saturday the 26th, and it's not really the good kind of busy so it's throwing me off, interrupting me right when I get into a groove, that sort of thing
I'll mull it over until you post, see if I can smooth it out and try to improve it in the meantime

awesome post! :D Looking forward to interacting with all of you inthis

Not a bad opening round you guys. Fantastic writers all around. Ill be dropping the my next post soon enough and we can get most of us to the palace or at least enough for the majority to cross paths. from there we can figure out where to take things.

Im debating wether or not to have us take a vote in the OCC for which noble Player character should be the next monarch (king or queen) with perhaps a third option for a whole new character being designed for the throne by us as a collective.

Can't wait to see your post! Take your time.

Also ooo that sounds quite interesting to say the least. Some drama over who is gonna be the next king or queen. I'd be totally down for a vote here in OCC or something like that.

Not a bad opening round you guys. Fantastic writers all around. Ill be dropping the my next post soon enough and we can get most of us to the palace or at least enough for the majority to cross paths. from there we can figure out where to take things.

Im debating wether or not to have us take a vote in the OCC for which noble Player character should be the next monarch (king or queen) with perhaps a third option for a whole new character being designed for the throne by us as a collective.

i'm up for an ooc vote myself, since i'm kinda interested in seeing as to how that would be implemented into the IC. given that the previous king had no heir, how would an order of succession work in Iridia? is it similar to where the childless monarch's nearest collateral line inherits the crown, or a system where the noble houses and Golden Knights have a say in the matter?

Updated Morrigan's CS with a very simple outline of what her family's noble house is like. Will likely go back and add more later, just wanted to have something up though. Going to try to get something out for the IC now

Sorry about that post BLK BLK
I feel like its a little clunky, and I got it out much later than I expected
Suddenly got really busy yesterday and will be busy til Saturday the 26th, and it's not really the good kind of busy so it's throwing me off, interrupting me right when I get into a groove, that sort of thing
I'll mull it over until you post, see if I can smooth it out and try to improve it in the meantime
Don't worry, life comes at you fast :) ! I ended up running into some unexpected complications as well which will keep me a bit slow to respond for a few days. I'll try to get a second post out tonight or tomorrow, but I may end up taking a bit longer myself. I'm more than happy to go back and re-rp out anything after we've posted a bit more if you think that's best, too.
I hope things calm down for you in the coming days!

i'm up for an ooc vote myself, since i'm kinda interested in seeing as to how that would be implemented into the IC. given that the previous king had no heir, how would an order of succession work in Iridia? is it similar to where the childless monarch's nearest collateral line inherits the crown, or a system where the noble houses and Golden Knights have a say in the matter?
Basically the noble houses will gather and make a selection from the young adults they have between them. (Typically only ages 17-28 are considered.) from there they will likely spend the next year or two in a state of preparation being educated and trained while a sort of “Hand of the king” runs the day to day aspects. The golden knights only real involvement with the process is watching the new monarch very closely during that year long period.

Its actually rather odd, the Golden knights do not serve the crown or the nobles and have legit in the past slain kings. Think of it like the difference between generals and politicians. Golden knights are like high ranking military commanders, nobles are like congressmen and senators, the king is the president. And a bunch of bureaucracy is the sauce between this weird political sandwich.

Basically the noble houses will gather and make a selection from the young adults they have between them. (Typically only ages 17-28 are considered.) from there they will likely spend the next year or two in a state of preparation being educated and trained while a sort of “Hand of the king” runs the day to day aspects. The golden knights only real involvement with the process is watching the new monarch very closely during that year long period.

Its actually rather odd, the Golden knights do not serve the crown or the nobles and have legit in the past slain kings. Think of it like the difference between generals and politicians. Golden knights are like high ranking military commanders, nobles are like congressmen and senators, the king is the president. And a bunch of bureaucracy is the sauce between this weird political sandwich.

so it's less absolute monarchy and more centralized oligarchy, where the commoners have a very little say in? that seems... not good, for the the average citizen, much moreso when you realize that one branch of the government is entirely composed of immortal superhumans, unable to be checked by the nobles or the reigning monarch in whatever they wish to accomplish, since they can just say 'haha no' and fold whomever that tries to oppose them like a lawn chair. from what i understand, it is only under obhad's guidance and stalwart leadership that few to no incidents have occured wherein a golden knight too ambitious for their own good has tried to completely seize control of the kingdom (conveniently ignoring the fact that my character may or may not fit the bill of such a person)

so it's less absolute monarchy and more centralized oligarchy, where the commoners have a very little say in? that seems... not good, for the the average citizen, much moreso when you realize that one branch of the government is entirely composed of immortal superhumans, unable to be checked by the nobles or the reigning monarch in whatever they wish to accomplish, since they can just say 'haha no' and fold whomever that tries to oppose them like a lawn chair. from what i understand, it is only under obhad's guidance and stalwart leadership that few to no incidents have occured wherein a golden knight too ambitious for their own good has tried to completely seize control of the kingdom (conveniently ignoring the fact that my character may or may not fit the bill of such a person)
Indeed. I wanted there to he a very obvious political imbalance and most people are insulated and feel safe due to ignorance. Most people dont even know the knights gain their powers from the goddess blood and genuinely think they reach that level via effort and training.

Im actually pretty happy you mentioned it because it will be a rather large part of the plot…what happens when these Immortal superhumans are not on our side anymore? What happens when the leaders are forced to lead? What happens when the upper class are called to uphold their duties.

At least in the case of the nobles there is a historical and power based reason as each of their unique magical bloodlines contributed to history prior to the founding of the nation. Its pretty safe to say the kingdom is in for a rude awakening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back