News & Updates iOS Push Notifications are here!

Hey all,

The time has finally come, for us iPhone users who use the site to get something we've never had on our phones, and that's Push Notifications. Apple has released this for iPhones (you'll need to update to ios 16.4+) and use the safari browser for this process.

Go to the hamburger icon menu in the top left and look for the install the app button (you have to be using safari for this, this is an apple restriction).

Bigger Screens (iPad): If you can't see the hamburger menu due to a larger screen like an iPad, the instructions are the same. Safari > Share Menu > Add to Home Screen > Login to the site on this new app on your home screen, and the site will ask for permissions to send you notifications.

Follow the instructions that came with the xenforo software update, and you'll have RpNation on your phone like an app providing notifications.

23-05-16 22-43-50 0497.jpg

23-05-16 22-44-37 0499.jpg

If you have any questions or concerns, please post below. I'm so stoked about this!

Last edited:
As a note to anyone interested in making this work, this does strictly require iOS 16+.

Android can already add the site to the homescreen and get push notifications, has been for years.
I have notifications for this site turned on with android and not getting them. I was using Firefox to give me notifications but that's not working anymore.

Screenshot_20230626-163749.png

I have notifications for this site turned on with android and not getting them. I was using Firefox to give me notifications but that's not working anymore.

View attachment 1097450

If you've added it to your homescreen on android, make sure you go here: https://www.rpnation.com/account/preferences

Check to see if it's still enabled. If it is and you aren't getting it, disable and re-enable it within your account settings/preferences here on RpN. It will send you a test notification if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back