• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ✧.* invisible string - one x one roleplay

blussh

flɑˈnœʁ
It was a mid- September day with no events of interest. The sky was that awful shade of drizzly, miserable grey that not even the likes of Byron or Shelley could romanticise. Nothing of any note was forecasted to happen, that was until, of course, just about everything did.
┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊
1696182816683.png
In the year Twenty Twenty Three Muse A meets Muse B in the middle of a crowded street in a city neither of them have been to before. Beneath a rainy grey sky, and the covers of a rainbow of umbrellas, they lock eyes for the first time in this lifetime, before the crowds push them away once again. Despite valiant attempts to fight the force of human bodies and frantic perambulation, they get pulled apart. As they catch the final glimpse of eachother, they realise, a few moments to late, that this is not the first time that they have met.
1696183059270.png
Life One – Salem, Massachusetts – June 1692

Muse A was once an upstanding, respected member of the small settlement that the townspeople called Salem. Living with their grandmother, a natural healer and herbalist, they find themselves amidst the throws of feigned spiritual revelation from the town’s young girls, and after the public persecution of their grandmother, stands trial for witchcraft themselves. Muse B is the oldest child of the town’s Reverend- a cruel and vindictive father, who has very little regard for the well-being of his children- and is held in the highest esteem by all who encounter them. With the pressure of the town to find and hunt down those accused of witchcraft, they find themselves struggling over whether or not to bow to town’s influence, or follow their own moral’s and beliefs. After Muse A miraculously escapes the overcrowded, makeshift prison of the town hall, the town in sent into uproar. Assumed to be undeniably a vessel for the devil, the town focuses on hunting them down. During the search, Muse B finds a dishevelled Muse A drenched by the rain, lying in a creek, leg broken from an attack by a wild dog. With their morals called into question, and their entire life on the line, Muse B makes the difficult decision not to hand Muse A into the mob desperate for blood, and instead hides them away in the attic of the church, both of them concocting a plan to escape together and start a life free of hysteria, false claims or the bloodlust of those they once considered family.
1696183317533.png
Life Two – Yorkshire, England – June 1814
Muse B lives a life of relative unrest, oldest child of the family and supposed patriarch of the family, surmising that their father’s death will come sooner rather than later. In a luxurious manor house built on the grounds of a gradually decaying abbey, Muse B prepares for a trip down to London to meet with the most eligible young debutantes and find a partner. Untitled due to a large volume of debt owed to the ton’s families, by their alcoholic, gambling- obsessed father, Muse B learns of the outrage directed at their family and struggles from ball to ball with vindication and resent. Close to giving up on the mission to fulfil the purpose their family’s ideals, Muse B drinks away their sorrows in the bar of the local opera house, where they meet Muse A, an extravagant opera singer with a scandalous reputation. Over a night discussing their shared woes, Muse A and Muse B decide on a plan to mutually benefit one another. Muse A will act as a viscount’s daughter, and accompany Muse B back home to Yorkshire, as they both feign an elopement. There’s only one catch- neither of them can fall in love.
1696183436885.png
Life Three – London, England – 1882

Muse A is working as a scullery maid for an enormously well- respected author, mistreated by the brutish cook and looked down upon by the other members of the house for her grand ideas and uppity attitude. Muse B is down-on- their luck, having failed as an artist, and relegated to a photographer’s apprentice in a last-ditch effort to fulfil their dreams of artistry. Both on the verge of a life in a Whitechapel workhouse or voyage to work tirelessly on a steamer, a chance encounter leads the two to formulate a plan to turn their luck around. After an incident with the master of the house, an infuriated Muse A finds themselves having to navigate a dead body and the terrors of a Victorian prison. In order to escape such an alarming fate, Muse B helps Muse A hide the body, and together they begin pawning off his belongings, and working through his inheritance. Realising the possibilities the two of them have opened up through their murderous crime, they begin a Bonnie and Clyde-esque string of robin hood crimes across the city, stealing from the rich to give to well… them, all whilst trying to escape a ferocious campaign for their arrest, and a cunning detective that seems to be on their heels.

1696183796758.png
Life Four – New York City – 1934
Muse B had been raised in a small coastal village in Devonshire, England, in a large household governed by a cruel, worn-down mother, and an absent father, who spent most of his time working. Frustrated by their slow, miserable life helping rear cattle their parent’s farm, they book passage on a steamer to New York City, excited to start a life of business an enterprise in the New World. There, they meet rising Hollywood starlet, Muse A, a fierce and anachronistic firecracker who has their eye on the prize and lets nothing stop them. Muse B, who’s struggling to make ends meet, but is too ashamed to go back to their farm in England, finds themselves roped into Muse A’s world of glitz and glamour, when they accept a lucrative offer to deliver a package from one Manhattan estate to a shady figure in a trench coat in a dark and mysterious alleyway. Now embroiled in criminal scheming and a world of darkness and horror, a ruffled Muse B must rely on the hospitality of a very unreliable Muse A.

1696183928783.png
Life Five – New Orleans – 1957

After a scandalous affair, a miserable Muse A finds themselves married off to a cruel ex- militant, with a love for drinking, poker nights with friends and asserting his control over those he feels are weaker than him. Muse B, a wealthy, up- and- coming merchant meets Muse A at a run down pub in the old French quarter. After talking and bonding over a love of classical literature and old music, Muse A divulges their past of mansions and ballgowns up in the north, and their discontent at their new life. Muse B, who’s searching for adventure and escapism from the simplicity of their current life decides to write a play inspired by the woes of Muse A, who eagerly agrees to the idea. The two meet up to co-write the story every Thursday night, when Muse A’s husband is playing poker at home. The two begin to bond, until said husband gets suspicious and catches the two as they write together in the sitting room of Muse B’s home. Furious, he swears to kill Muse B for associating with another man’s wife, and Muse B is forced to fight tooth and nail to avoid a most terrible fate indeed.
1696184088125.png

Life Six – Present Day - An Unnamed City

Muse A and B meet on a crowded street, on a nondescript, uneventful, rainy day in mid September. Drowned out by crowds, the pair realise that they have certainly met before, and must find a way to overcome the karmic forces hellbent on keeping them apart.

1696182816683.png
Well hello there! That was quite a lot to get out of the way, wasn't it? I'm Rory, Lorelai for full, Rory for short. I'm twenty- one years old, and a student, from England. I'm a Pinterest- addict, Spotify- obsessed writer with a million ideas. This idea has been somewhat of a passion project of mine for a few months now, and I've finally managed to put all of my ideas together to make something coherent. This roleplay is certainly not for the feint of heart- it's an epic spanning centuries and interconnecting timelines, a story of soulmates and love and human nature all thrown into one chaotic soup of ideas. I promise you, though, it'll be a fun time. Whilst I have a clear outline of how I want the storyline to go, I want this storyline to be as collaborative and open to additional touches as humanly possible. With that said and done, I'll move onto my rules, requirements and preferences.

For the purposes of this storyline, I would very much like to play muse A. I'm up for any gender pairings, but I would quite like to play muse A as female, as I have a specific character I had in mind whilst writing.

I won't god- mod this. Don't worry. You can do whatver you want and take the story any which way- I can assure you I'm not strict. If there's something you want for your character- just let me know- and we'll do it. Here's essentially all of my rules :
☑ eigteen and older
☑ lengthy replies
☑ open- minded
☑ regular ( one every few day+ ) responses ( everyone has lives though, so I'm really not strict on this one )
☑ friendly, including ooc chatter
☑ comfortable with darker themes ( although, I sympathise that they are not for everybody, and will be as accommodating as possible )
☑ on site roleplay only
☒ discriminatory or bigoted in any way whatsoever
☒ short, one- line replies
☒ fandom / canon character
The way in which I want the plotline to be played out is as follows, it starts with the muses meeting on the crowded street, and as they get dragged apart we go through each lifetime as if it was it's own separate story. This sounds utterly exhaustive, I know, but I assure you, it'll be a great time. Every storyline/ lifetime must end in the same way, that being with no happy endings. For the plotline to work it is imperative that every life ends tragically. Once all the lives have been written, then we'll move to the present day!

Thank you if you read this far, and thank you for any interest you might have!

1696185092285.png
Green was the color of the grass
Where I used to read at Centennial Park
I used to think I would meet somebody there
Teal was the color of your shirt
When you were sixteen at the yogurt shop
You used to work at to make a little money

Time, curious time
Gave me no compasses, gave me no signs
Were there clues I didn't see?
And isn't it just so pretty to think
All along there was some
Invisible string
Tying you to me?
Ooh
Bad was the blood of the song in the cab
On your first trip to LA
You ate at my favorite spot for dinner
Bold was the waitress on our three year trip
Getting lunch down by the lakes
She said I looked like an American singer
Time, mystical time
Cuttin' me open, then healin' me fine
Were there clues I didn't see?
All along there was some
Invisible string
Tying you to me?
Ooh
A string that pulled me
Out of all the wrong arms right into that dive bar
Something wrapped all of my past mistakes in barbed wire
Chains around my demons, wool to brave the seasons
One single thread of gold tied me to you
Cold was the steel of my axe to grind
For the boys who broke my heart
Now I send their babies presents
Gold was the color of the leaves
When I showed you around Centennial Park
Hell was the journey but it brought me heaven

Time, wondrous time
Gave me the blues and then purple pink skies
And it's cool, baby, with me
All along there was some
Invisible string
Tying you to me?

Attachments

• 1696183751848.png
    1696183751848.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 6
Are you looking for 100% realistic? because if not I'd be 1000000000000% down for Life 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back