• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Into The Open Sky IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
She hesitates for just a moment, nods, and says, "We'll return with a cure." Then, Jidath sprints down the stairs as fast as she can.
As you run down, one of the followers throws down a bottle right in front of you. Some greenish slush spills everywhere and makes the stairs quite slippery. You manage to hold your balance and continue running. Some of his fellow students do actually trip on it, but there are still plenty left who are following you.

Savanah's eyes spark in anger. "What?!? You are arresting me?!? For what? Defending myself? That is total bullshit! You just said yourself that you've seen these poison darts out here before! What do you think I did? Stab myself with the dart?"
"I'll be sure to add, resisting an officer to the charges, miss I-am-the-victim here." He moves in and tries to grapple you, but he did not expect you to be this strong for your size, so you escape him with ease.

"I'll be sure to add, resisting an officer to the charges, miss I-am-the-victim here." He moves in and tries to grapple you, but he did not expect you to be this strong for your size, so you escape him with ease.
Savanah pushes him back and says, "I don't think so, Scooter! I am not going to let you take me in for defending myself! Back off!"

Savanah pushes him back and says, "I don't think so, Scooter! I am not going to let you take me in for defending myself! Back off!"
The guard blows a whistle and two more guards appear at the end of the street. "You really think you can take me? Me?! I am paid by the Leaguesman, you will never escape from their might!"

Savanah grabs her maul and lunges at the first guard, aiming to club the man in the gut and double him over. She then takes to her heels, running away in the opposite direction of the other guards.
Hit Points: 70 / 65
Hit Dice: 5d10

Proficiency: +3

Perception: +2

Initiative: +1
Armor Class: 17

Weapons and Armor
Maul: +7, 2d6+4 Bludgeoning, Two Handed

Crossbow, Light: +4, 1d8+1, 80ft/320ft
--20 bolts

Splint Mail: +7 AC, Stealth Disadvantage

She hides a grin at the ones that stumble due to their own grease-trap attempt, but her heart sobers at the sheer number of them. She hopes the High Academe is alright. She hates having to leave him behind. Srill, Jidath blows through the still-rebuilding city, ducking past indignant scholars and turning abruptly down streests. There were still about ten people following her. Jidath looks around and heads to the closest elevator.

Savanah grabs her maul and lunges at the first guard, aiming to club the man in the gut and double him over. She then takes to her heels, running away in the opposite direction of the other guards.

Weapons and Armor

--20 bolts

The guard definitely doubles over, clenching his stomache in pain. "You will ... regret this."

In alarm the two other guard fire of their crossbows. One bolt flies straight past you, but the other plants itself firmly in your thigh (8 damage).

She hides a grin at the ones that stumble due to their own grease-trap attempt, but her heart sobers at the sheer number of them. She hopes the High Academe is alright. She hates having to leave him behind. Srill, Jidath blows through the still-rebuilding city, ducking past indignant scholars and turning abruptly down streests. There were still about ten people following her. Jidath looks around and heads to the closest elevator.

You see two types of elevators lined up. A few of them are bigger buckets hanging from a hempen rope and have a bell boy goblin in them to help your descent go faster. The others you have to paddle yourself, but they do have a thick metal chain connecting them to the rock. To your followers it seems like you are heading for a goblin cart a goblin. He thows three infused missiles at it. The goblin is killed with two while the other frays the rope it is hanging by.

Fluxbauble Fluxbauble and Steamdrunk Steamdrunk While you are still cursing yourselves and trying to comprehend the situation the fourthling already got into action. Or well, action? He was probably too cowardly for that and made a translucent armor appear on his body instead.

Tytugg was much more driven and lunged for Lugg-mag with his halberd. Lugg-mag was so accustomed to martial combat though that he avoided it without much effort.

Savanah winces in pain as the bolt strikes home, but she is stubborn enough to keep on fighting. Leaving the one wounded man, she charges the two new guards, swinging once on each one with her maul.

Weapons and Armor

--20 bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
Sasha turns to the second man, leaping into the air with a kick, then following up with a crippling punch to the gut. "I am not going to marry that ass! Leave me alone!"
Hit Points: 50
Hit Dice: 5d8
Base Ground Movement: 30 / 40 feet
Initiative: +4
Armor Class: 17 (19)
Ki Points: 5

Perception: +3

Weapons and Armor
Dart

+7, 1d4+4 piercing, Range 20ft/60ft, Finesse, Thrown

Spear
Main Hand: +7, 1d6+4 Piercing
Both Hands: +7, 1d8+4 Piercing

Ranged: +3, 1d6+4 Piercing
Ranged, both hands: +3, 1d8+4 Piercing
Thrown, Versitle

Unarmed Strike
+7, 1d6+4 Bludgeoning

Magic Tattoo
Once per day it grants me the Shield of Faith spell (+2 AC) for ten minutes.

goblin is killed with two while the other frays the rope it is hanging by.

"You gorbshingles!" She shouts. "They had nothing to do with me! You just killed them for no reason!"

Even though she says that angrily, a spike of fear pierces her through. So they were willing to kill. They were willing to kill complete strangers to get to her. The stakes had raised all of a sudden, and she was acutely aware of it.

Jidath didn't want to go to one of the hemp elevators with a bell boy and put more people at risk. Besides, since they had those missiles available to them, it would be really easy for one of her pursuers to finish her off by cutting the rope. She ducked and jumped into one of the steel cabled elevators and began to paddle. Jidath felt tired from her chase; she was pretty fit, as scholars went, but her stamina wasn't endless. She started singing under her breath to keep the paddle in time. "And away we go, and away we go, and away we go ..."

Lugg-Mag is enraged at the Tytugg. How dare that pishface sell him out!
"Vurracom Tytugg!!!" Lugg-Mag called, casting Hunters Mark on his assailant. As a shining jagged mark appeared on Tytuggs clothing, Lugg-Mag swung his great club at them once going too high, then swung again, this time scraping the club along the cobbled streets, missing.
Lugg-Mag cursed in his head, he never had trouble hitting trogs!
Fluxbauble Fluxbauble Felix Felix

Last edited:
Taking a step back as Lugg-Mag moves forward to intercept his "friend", Pyke calls forth his tome to his left hand. Quickly opening the mystic text he feels the flow of magic course through his being. His once hazel eyes now look like captured fog in glass orbs.

"You have the worst friends I've ever met Lugg-Mag and I've had angry mobs chase me out of the Deepwoods."

Placing his free hand on the pages he pulls at the borrowed power from within before reaching for his amulet that hangs on his neck. The wild power feels like he's grasping at a storm before it coalesces and is given purpose through the amulet. Whipping his arm forward as if throwing it at the fourthling, Pyke directs his spell. A mist nearly imperceptible encircles the fourthling and stretches out to touch Tytugg and the goblins. Their eyelids grow heavy as the mist embraces them. Soon all the goblins fall to the ground asleep. Only the fourthling and Tytugg remain standing.

"Sleep and drift into a dream." Pyke returns his hand to the pages grasping at the storm of magic held within once more as he prepares his next move. "It seems you have a bit more vigor than them fourthling. Lugg-Mag, they won't stay down for long so I suggest you and your "friend" there settle your business quickly. Now then..."

Pyke once more pulls power from the tome and hovers his hand over this amulet. "... I have a job to do, so let's make this quick yeah?"

Felix Felix Steamdrunk Steamdrunk

Last edited:
Savanah winces in pain as the bolt strikes home, but she is stubborn enough to keep on fighting. Leaving the one wounded man, she charges the two new guards, swinging once on each one with her maul.

Weapons and Armor

--20 bolts

The two guards double over as your maul hits them square in the gut. As they are gasping from air people,mostly goblins, start pouring out of their houses. An old lady who clearly looks like the matriarch of this neighborhood quickly runs up to you.

"We saw what you did. These leeches clearly deserved it. They say the city guard is here to protect us, but what have they done for this neighborhood? Nothing! They are only here to make sure all the shops pay their dues. Thank you for showing them. We don't want you to get caught up in this, so leave now and never return if you know what's best for you. We can delay them. Even though they are evil, they can't do nothing to a big crowd of peaceful people."

Sasha turns to the second man, leaping into the air with a kick, then following up with a crippling punch to the gut. "I am not going to marry that ass! Leave me alone!"

Weapons and Armor
Dart

Spear

Thrown, Versitle

Unarmed Strike
+7, 1d6+4 Bludgeoning

Magic Tattoo

As you hit the man twice he tries to hold on to your leg in order to restrain you, but you barely manage to escape his grasp. The other man is also starting to recover.

"You gorbshingles!" She shouts. "They had nothing to do with me! You just killed them for no reason!"

Even though she says that angrily, a spike of fear pierces her through. So they were willing to kill. They were willing to kill complete strangers to get to her. The stakes had raised all of a sudden, and she was acutely aware of it.

Jidath didn't want to go to one of the hemp elevators with a bell boy and put more people at risk. Besides, since they had those missiles available to them, it would be really easy for one of her pursuers to finish her off by cutting the rope. She ducked and jumped into one of the steel cabled elevators and began to paddle. Jidath felt tired from her chase; she was pretty fit, as scholars went, but her stamina wasn't endless. She started singing under her breath to keep the paddle in time. "And away we go, and away we go, and away we go ..."

As you took one elevator, the others also started going down. Some of them are left behind, since the goblins who were supposed to paddle them were revolting for killing their colleague. Their are two duos who each got a metal elevator and are still following you. In each there's one paddling and one trying to fight you. One of them throws a bottle at you, which breaks in your cart. A sickening green Brume goes up to your nose.

Lugg-Mag is enraged at the Tytugg. How dare that pishface sell him out!
"Vurracom Tytugg!!!" Lugg-Mag called, casting Hunters Mark on his assailant. As a shining jagged mark appeared on Tytuggs clothing, Lugg-Mag swung his great club at them once going too high, then swung again, this time scraping the club along the cobbled streets, missing.
Lugg-Mag cursed in his head, he never had trouble hitting trogs!
Fluxbauble Fluxbauble Felix Felix
Taking a step back as Lugg-Mag moves forward to intercept his "friend", Pyke calls forth his tome to his left hand. Quickly opening the mystic text he feels the flow of magic course through his being. His once hazel eyes now look like captured fog in glass orbs.

"You have the worst friends I've ever met Lugg-Mag and I've had angry mobs chase me out of the Deepwoods."

Placing his free hand on the pages he pulls at the borrowed power from within before reaching for his amulet that hangs on his neck. The wild power feels like he's grasping at a storm before it coalesces and is given purpose through the amulet. Whipping his arm forward as if throwing it at the fourthling, Pyke directs his spell. A mist nearly imperceptible encircles the fourthling and stretches out to touch Tytugg and the goblins. Their eyelids grow heavy as the mist embraces them. Soon all the goblins fall to the ground asleep. Only the fourthling and Tytugg remain standing.

"Sleep and drift into a dream." Pyke returns his hand to the pages grasping at the storm of magic held within once more as he prepares his next move. "It seems you have a bit more vigor than them fourthling. Lugg-Mag, they won't stay down for long so I suggest you and your "friend" there settle your business quickly. Now then..."

Pyke once more pulls power from the tome and hovers his hand over this amulet. "... I have a job to do, so let's make this quick yeah?"

Felix Felix Steamdrunk Steamdrunk

The fourthling mumbles an enchantment and you feel the air go slightly colder, but whatever came out of his hand only sizzles a bit before dying out.

However, it seems like Tytugg went easy on his former friend with his last hit. This time he ferociously lungs forward and hits Lugg-mag on his shoulder. Using the momentum he bounces the other end of his halberd of your thigh and lands another blow even more devastating than the last.

Lugg-Mag cried put in pain as he was cut into. Blood seeping from his leather armour, Lugg-Mag steadied himself repeating the matra of the hunters mark in his head, "Track, Persue, Strike, Chain. Track, Persue, Strike, Chain..."
"How much was i worth, Tytugg?" Lugg-Mag swung, club clattering off a wall. "How much profit did you make selling me out?" Swung again, again going wide. What is wrong with me, Lugg-Mag thought, why cant i hit him?

It seemed that Lugg-Mag was struggling with his side of things. Though it's not exactly his style, Pyke knew if things got tough he needed to hold off his ace for the right moment. Survival on the Edge is one part instinct, one part intelligence, and one part experience. With that in mind he needed to alter the odds in their favor even just a little more. Channeling the chaotic energy of his magic once more into the amulet around his neck he extends his hand out once more. He points to Tytugg and a crackling green energy forms at his fingertips.

"Please hit..." Pyke says under his breath. A beam soon fires out from his fingertips towards Tytugg. As the beam soars out, he then splits his index and middle fingers apart to produce a second beam aimed at the fourthling. The initial beam smashes Tytugg square in his shoulder pushing his form slightly off kilter. The second beam however missed its mark.

"Slag, was hoping to get them both. I really hate direct confrontation."
Felix Felix

Lugg-Mag cried put in pain as he was cut into. Blood seeping from his leather armour, Lugg-Mag steadied himself repeating the matra of the hunters mark in his head, "Track, Persue, Strike, Chain. Track, Persue, Strike, Chain..."
"How much was i worth, Tytugg?" Lugg-Mag swung, club clattering off a wall. "How much profit did you make selling me out?" Swung again, again going wide. What is wrong with me, Lugg-Mag thought, why cant i hit him?
It seemed that Lugg-Mag was struggling with his side of things. Though it's not exactly his style, Pyke knew if things got tough he needed to hold off his ace for the right moment. Survival on the Edge is one part instinct, one part intelligence, and one part experience. With that in mind he needed to alter the odds in their favor even just a little more. Channeling the chaotic energy of his magic once more into the amulet around his neck he extends his hand out once more. He points to Tytugg and a crackling green energy forms at his fingertips.

"Please hit..." Pyke says under his breath. A beam soon fires out from his fingertips towards Tytugg. As the beam soars out, he then splits his index and middle fingers apart to produce a second beam aimed at the fourthling. The initial beam smashes Tytugg square in his shoulder pushing his form slightly off kilter. The second beam however missed its mark.

"Slag, was hoping to get them both. I really hate direct confrontation."
Felix Felix
"Ha! You weren't worth that much and now that I see your strikes I can see why!" He retaliates from Pyke's blast by hitting Lugg-mag again.This time he misses once and the hits are also less devastating, but it hurts nonetheless.

Meanwhile the fourthling actually managed to produce a big shard of ice. When he hurls it at you,he misses both of you and shatters on the ground. Small chippings fly in every direction.

ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose Back at the ship you were almost finished with building the chests when Marion came to you.

"Pyke and Lugg-mag are already done with carrying our stuff, but they are still nowhere to be found. I don't trust this. Can you come with me to check on them?"

Luna looks up from her woodworking, nodding as she puts her tools away, gathering a few things should the worst arise. "Lead the way"

The two guards double over as your maul hits them square in the gut. As they are gasping from air people,mostly goblins, start pouring out of their houses. An old lady who clearly looks like the matriarch of this neighborhood quickly runs up to you.

"We saw what you did. These leeches clearly deserved it. They say the city guard is here to protect us, but what have they done for this neighborhood? Nothing! They are only here to make sure all the shops pay their dues. Thank you for showing them. We don't want you to get caught up in this, so leave now and never return if you know what's best for you. We can delay them. Even though they are evil, they can't do nothing to a big crowd of peaceful people."
Savanah nods, saying, "Thank you. Just be careful when dealing with these fools. I must go now." With that, she hustles out of there, running at first, then once she is away from the immediate area, slowing down to avoid drawing attention to herself. Time to head to the airship. Savanah does her best to keep her eyes open for any other threats to her. No sense in dropping her guard.

Lugg-Mag snarled at Tytugg, gripping his side. This was bad, how had he become this soft? Quickly he muttered under his breath, and between his fingers a red light like a hot iron glowed, curing the heavily bleeding wound.

As you hit the man twice he tries to hold on to your leg in order to restrain you, but you barely manage to escape his grasp. The other man is also starting to recover.
Sasha is starting to get flustered. I may need to pummel these two some more to keep them from following me, or worse, taking me prisoner! She turns on the fellow that just tried to grab her and she tries to knock him out quickly to keep him from staying in this fight any longer.

Weapons and Armor
Dart

Spear

Thrown, Versitle

Unarmed Strike
+7, 1d6+4 Bludgeoning

Magic Tattoo

Judith first smirks at the difficulty that some of her followers have and getting down. Serves them right for murdering an innocent. Then they toss the brume into her elevator, and she coughs, glaps a hand to clear the air as much as she can, and keeps paddling. Jidath's still coughing and trying to clear the burning sensation from her throat when she begins to shout at them, lacing her insults with the thread of shimmer. It's not very insulting or effective when she's coughing her lungs out.

"You useless piles of rock dust!" Jidath begins.

After his spell went off the fourthling shot out a spell of their own. A shard of ice sprang forth and crashed onto the ground and shattered sending a spray of ice daggers all around. Acting quickly Pyke stepped out of the line of fire, protecting his tome while he did so. He opens his tome once more and begins to channel the magic into another beam of eldritch energy. Just as he found his footing he looked to see Lugg-Mag fall to the floor. He could see small shards of ice puncture his armor. Now the odds were against him once more.

Pyke needed to act but he had already began casting his spell. His trump card will have to wait. He points to Tytugg once more and fires off two beams from his fingertips. The first one barely missing the shoulder he had previously hit. The second shot was square on Tytugg's chest. The recoil of magic shifted Pyke's stance slightly. If that was any indication of the power behind the shot Pyke hoped it was going to hurt.

Savanah nods, saying, "Thank you. Just be careful when dealing with these fools. I must go now." With that, she hustles out of there, running at first, then once she is away from the immediate area, slowing down to avoid drawing attention to herself. Time to head to the airship. Savanah does her best to keep her eyes open for any other threats to her. No sense in dropping her guard.

You make your way back to the ship without any trouble, but when you get there it seems like no one is there. A hooded figure with a sickle comes up to you and is shouting hysterically, while constantly switching his pointing from a loud battle in the distance, to the ships catapult to the anchors that keep the ship tied to the docs.

Lugg-Mag snarled at Tytugg, gripping his side. This was bad, how had he become this soft? Quickly he muttered under his breath, and between his fingers a red light like a hot iron glowed, curing the heavily bleeding wound.
After his spell went off the fourthling shot out a spell of their own. A shard of ice sprang forth and crashed onto the ground and shattered sending a spray of ice daggers all around. Acting quickly Pyke stepped out of the line of fire, protecting his tome while he did so. He opens his tome once more and begins to channel the magic into another beam of eldritch energy. Just as he found his footing he looked to see Lugg-Mag fall to the floor. He could see small shards of ice puncture his armor. Now the odds were against him once more.

Pyke needed to act but he had already began casting his spell. His trump card will have to wait. He points to Tytugg once more and fires off two beams from his fingertips. The first one barely missing the shoulder he had previously hit. The second shot was square on Tytugg's chest. The recoil of magic shifted Pyke's stance slightly. If that was any indication of the power behind the shot Pyke hoped it was going to hurt.

Even though Lugg-mag healed himself he still went out cold from the bits of ice flying around. The goblin henchmen are waking up and some of them manage to grab their shortbows and fire at Pyke. They quickly revert back to their original form to scare the goblins. It works very well.

"The gloamglozer! He is here!"

Most of their arrows miss, but one of them hits Pyke in his leg.

"Get a grip on youself." Tytugg shouts, though he is also shivering a bit himself. "That's just an old wives tale."

The fourthling looks at the skull on his shirt and then up to Pyke. "If he was he would not be attacking his underlings, right?"

In all that commotion Marion enters the scene, her warhammer ready and a small mechanical critter on her shoulder emitting a protective aura (9 temp hp for all of us). She observes the battlefield and sees one of her comrades has already fallen. "Pyke, how could this happen?! We should get him back to the ship to get him proper help and then we are getting out of here. The fourthling immediately shoots a cold ray at her, which hits her square in the chest. She has no time to waste though, so she quickly crouches down beside Lugg-mag and heals his wounds with some crackling energy.

Tytugg notices and forces his efforts on the new woman. He lands two well-performed strikes, but he did not expect the lightning arching up the staff from her and hitting him in the chest.

ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose Luna watches everything from a nearby rooftop. She is a bit worried about the ballista it looks quite damaging, even for a ship and there is some kind of rope attached to the arrow that she has no idea about.

Sasha is starting to get flustered. I may need to pummel these two some more to keep them from following me, or worse, taking me prisoner! She turns on the fellow that just tried to grab her and she tries to knock him out quickly to keep him from staying in this fight any longer.

Weapons and Armor
Dart

Spear

Thrown, Versitle

Unarmed Strike
+7, 1d6+4 Bludgeoning

Magic Tattoo

The two man both look pretty beaten up. In a desperate attempt the man who was choking before got up and tried to subdue you with a net.

Judith first smirks at the difficulty that some of her followers have and getting down. Serves them right for murdering an innocent. Then they toss the brume into her elevator, and she coughs, glaps a hand to clear the air as much as she can, and keeps paddling. Jidath's still coughing and trying to clear the burning sensation from her throat when she begins to shout at them, lacing her insults with the thread of shimmer. It's not very insulting or effective when she's coughing her lungs out.

"You useless piles of rock dust!" Jidath begins.

One of the man in the carts takes your insult quite hard, he looks exhausted and their cart is lagging behind. The other cart is still up to speed and the passenger hurls another vial at you. It breaks and a gas evaporates that makes you giggle.

Lugg-Mag sighed heavily as he returned to the waking world. His body ached and stung, but the cold stone beneath him felt good. For a moment he forgot he was in the middle of a battle, and panic returned with the memory.
With a warcry, Lugg-Mag propelled himself to his feat, swing his great club down onto the gently fried Tytugg. The great club finally connected with the filthy sellout, glancing his head and hitting the floor and Lugg-Mag let out a cry of triumph.
"Not so slippery now, are ya!" he quickly pulled the greatclub upwards, glancing a second strike between tytuggs legs.

The giggling turns into outright laughter as Jidath finds the side of her elevator so funny that she can't stand upright anymore. This smoke swirls around her, and she's both coughing and wheezing with laughter. After what's probably long enough for the other group to start to catch up, she manages to get into a standing position, flap away the remaining smoke, and start pedaling again. She also resumes the stream of insults.

"Is this what you expected to do with your life? Chase after someone in an elevator? Wow, you're such great scholars!" Her words are dripping with sarcasm.

You make your way back to the ship without any trouble, but when you get there it seems like no one is there. A hooded figure with a sickle comes up to you and is shouting hysterically, while constantly switching his pointing from a loud battle in the distance, to the ships catapult to the anchors that keep the ship tied to the docs.
Savanah looks at the man with suspicion, but then hears the sound of the fighting going on. She nods, saying, "I'll be right back! Got to see if I can help out over there." With that, she sets off at top speed, maul in hand. Time to see if my new armor is worth what I paid for it.

Weapons and Armor

--20 bolts

Users who are viewing this thread