• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

The Forge
"Well I'm a massive horror fan. I started watching at twelve or eleven. Not exactly my smartest decision." She admitted. It wasn't nightmares or a fear of the night that she'd developed, like most people would. Instead she'd developed a sort of insomnia. "I kind of became an insomniac as a result, hence why I started sneaking out at night and doing stupid shit. And Qui only even needed four hours of sleep, so pretty soon he started tagging along. But that's a whole other set of stories." She smirked at the memories. "Insomnias gone now, but the love of horror still remains. It's one of the things I do with the squad, horror movie marathon at mine. It gets pretty insane sometimes, cis some of them are genuinely terrified but they go along for the banter." Her love for her friends was clear. In a way it was a strange parallel between her and Elliott. Elliott had A.J's gang and she had her pilot squad.

The apartment
Maybe he would change the timeline, maybe he wouldn't. But once in one day was more than enough for him. They'd cross that bridge when they came to it. John had to admit that the idea of turning a violin into a crossbow (or at least what looked like crossbow) was a damn cool idea. "Now that is cool. You should show that to Cliff, considering she's the resident archer 'round here." He handed the phone back. "Any other musical talents or just violin?"

The Forge

Kay listened and the moment Cal said when she started watching, she knew it wasn't a bright idea. She let her continue talking and it was clear to Kay just how much she cherished her friends in the pilot squad, as well as noting the similarities between her and Elliott with AJ's gang. "Doing something is better than sitting still going stir crazy staring at a blank wall so to speak" She replied. "I watched one the other night about a couple of weeks ago now I think, when John and Chas wee out, I jumped out my skin so much I threw my phone on the floor." She laughed.

The Apartment

Fia grinned when he said it was cool. It was literally her pride and joy to her, next to her weapons. "Maybe I should, I'm currently trying to see if I can make it a functioning bow because, well, why not?" She replied as she took back her phone. "I sometimes sing, but not much, prefer to play. Though if Ell plays your old guitar, I'll sing with him sometimes. We did a cool duet once when I played my violin and him the guitar. It was like this badass play off thing we did. I was totally showing off though, taught myself to dance whilst playing. I got videos of my playing on here if you're interested" she told him smirking. Though it was obvious it was out of pride for what she did. It was also the first hint that she's not the same Fia that Rinaa knows.

The Forge
Cal smirked at the idea of Kay being tha scared. "They're not that bad, unless it's a jump scare and buttered popcorn. But it's very rare that nothing happens 'round here, Cliff's always being dragged out on call for something. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a protocol that says to call her whenever anything major happens. If it's not that it's me having to pull extra forge shifts cos a massive armour order was placed. Or there's a game on or training." Cal could continue listing the things that interrupted her life for ages, but she didn't. She loved the hecticness of it.

The apartment
"Making it fully functional is the only option no doubt about that. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong." John agreed. It mightn't work great, but it would make everybody think twice before fucking around. His expression completly changed at the mention of Elliott, contorting through at leat sixteen different arrangements, as it always did whne something shocked him to his core. Elliott was alive? He didn't die when Rinaa was young? Unless the age gap was far bigger than theorised. No, that didn't work with what they knew, and Fia had clearly recognised the Rinaa at that age. But why would Rinaa lie about such a thing? He'd seen her reaction to everything, there was no way she could be faking all this.....or was there? And if so, to what ends?

The Forge

"In this instance it was a jumpscare. A totally predictable one and it still got me." She laughed. She listened to the few examples of why she rarely got time to just chill out and it made sense to her. It figured they'd both be the busy types who loved working. "I suppose that makes those rare nights in more savoured though?" She said.

The Apartment

The fact he agreed with her about making her crossbow violin fully functioning actually really made her really happy. It wasn't fully a liked idea in her time, but she was convinced it was down to fear of her ruining the instrument and how upset she'd be if that became the case. She saw the various expressions flash across his face when she mentioned Elliott, which made her realise she should clarify some things.

"There's a Rinaa in my timeline but she's different to this Rinaa. I'm not from her timeline. I don't know what the case is with her timeline but I'm guessing something real bad from her reactions around me and to the Wolfie nickname. It's how I recognise her and she recognise me. I noticed the differences between her and the Rinaa I know quite quickly. I gave her the nickname because of her personality and agility which is why I didn't think about it when I used it when I got here." She explained.

The Forge
"Yeah it really does. Espescially since we both work crazy hours." Both the expression on her face and the tone of her voice conveyed just how much she loved Cliff. And they'd actually both been planning to take a week off from work to plan the wedding and just be with each other and enjoy the simple things in life. But that hadn't happened due to the arrival of Elliott. Maybe they should both just take the next few days off. They were owed it, and Dan had been trying to persuade her to do it for weeks saying he could easily manage the load by himself.

The apartment
Thankfully Fia explained upon seeing his expression. He hadn't seen alternate timeline coming, instantly suspecting one or the other to be lying for some reason unknown to him. But Fia's explanation would make sense, and explained a lot particularly why she had used the nickname when anyone from Rinaa's timeline would clearly know it would only make things worse. "Yeah, things are vastly different in her timeline. For a start Jay first met her when they were both in high security space prison. Back then she wore a mask to conceal her face. They formed a prison alliance, planned riots and eventually escaped, Jay had no idea this was her future daughter throughout the whole time, all she knew was that she was time traveller."

He ran a hand through his hair before continuing the explanation. "But it gets worse. In that timeline Elliott died, the kind you can't come back from or fix with time travel. This Rinaa never knew him. My grief, self depression and the assorted crap twisted the bond between me and Kay, poisoning it. From what's she's told us, this Rinaa showed Elliott's characteristics from a very young age. The poisoned bond meant your mother became hostile towards Rinaa and it became so bad that she was raised off world instead. She came back to Earth again around her teenage years, with a rebellious steak and refused to take anybody's shit. Things snowballed between her and that timelines Kay, getting out of control to the point where they point blank hate each other."

"And as for the nickname....well you've seen the scars on her neck I assume?"

The Forge

Kay smiled at what Cal said. The love Cal had for Cliff was undeniable from her tone. "You two are so perfect for each other. It's amazing what you two have, it really is" Kay commented. She found what they had so special, and she thought they definitely deserved some time off for themselves and their wedding.

The Apartment

Fia listened to what John told her. Hearing what this Rinaa went through and in turn what Jay went through really surprised Fia. What she wasn't expecting though was hearing that Elliott died in her timeline and it nearly destroyed her family, making it toxic. Many expressions of sadness and shock flashed through her face. "Bloody hell..." She gasped, not being able to imagine her mother so toxic to someone...eapecially a kid.

She nodded when he asked her about the scars on Rinaa's neck. "Yeah I did...they look like some kind of werewolf scratches...no wonder she flipped out over the nickname" she remarked, feeling like biggest jerk on the planet. "I feel so bad" she said slightly quieter, which showed she really did feel bad about it. "I know my mouth can get me into trouble sometimes but damn... This takes the piss even for me"

The Forge
"It really is. Among elementals we have what's known as a driadic bond. It stems from mythology, you know the kind of bullshit that gives rise to everybody having the other part of their soul contained in somebody else. Except what it gives rise to on this case is two opposite powers who are stronger together than apart. It's the opposite powers that give us strength.. That's why in school they'd always make us duel each other, knowing that we brought out the strength in each other, even if we didn't understand why. It's not normally a romantic bond, but in this case it is. Hence why they call us Fire and Ice. And it took me years to realise what it was, where as Cliff had her suspicions from the start, being the crazy smart person she is."

The apartment
John could see how awful Fia felt about everything. Along with the shock at just how different everything could be compared to the reality she knew. They'd all felt similar emotions when they discovered the full story. "We all felt bad when we found out. We didn't find out her real identity until she started bleeding from the nose and convulsing in front of us, then partially shifting." He told her, before launching into the explanation of the rest of the story. "That's exactly what those scars are, specifically belonging to a species of space wolf called Astras. One ripped her throat out, at some point in her timeline. They're the consequences of some seriously unethical genetic modification. A bite from one is incurable, excrpt in species with sufficient wolf genetic code already. The bite causes a rewrite of the DNA. At the end of the process the victim becomes and Astras wolf. In a regular person that's a pretty shitty and painful deal. But she's chimera, so her DNA is totally different. Instead of rewriting her genetic code, it's......being destroyed." He let that statement hang, before continuing.

"The process is killing her, so she's been suppressing it with inhibitor drugs. But she's a developed an immunity to almost all of them by now, leaving only one option. Omega inhibitor. I don't know if it's been mentioned in your time, but it's this inhibitor that works on all born abilities, metas, mutants etcetera and magic is included in this list. In the prison for powered crinald the inmates are pumped full of the stuff to dampen or eradicate their abilities. It has different side effects depending on the person, but a general rule is the more of it you use, the more it acts as a poison to your systems. An incurable poison, one of the side effects is death. So if the Astras transformation doesn't kill her, the Omega will. Either way.....she's screwed."

"And that's why she lost her shit at the nickname, seeing it as an insult or some kind of attack by you at her state and inability to control it. I've seen the transformation attempts when the inhibitor wore off, she goes into an uncontrollable feral state, she tried to kill Jay on the way here. And fear is also a trigger, she broke through the inhibitor walls and partially shifted on the ship on the way over as Kay had gone full on human torch. Probably worth mentioning she's got an intense fear of fire."

The Forge

Kay listened. She sound it fascinating that Cal and Cliff too, were brought together in a bond of sorts. It may have been a different one to her and John, but it was still a bond none the less. "That's actually really amazing...my bond with John is different. It was written in an ancient book that we were meant to meet and be together. I only found that out after I began falling for him. I've loved my life insanely anti love. Then he comes along and I begin to feel for him, which just made no sense to me why. Then read it in an ancient book about phoenix with a painting of me in it. Freaked us both out. Next thing we know, we both feel the same way with each other, and we get this bond seered into our wrists" she said, giving off a half chuckle, and willing the bond to reveal itself on her left wrist.

The Apartment

Fia took in what John was explaining, even if it was hard to hear for her. It just made her feel worse for opening her damn mouth. "I'm gonna have to apologise to her even if she won't listen... we're competitive with each other in my timeline, but it's not toxic like that. Actually admire the girl, not that I've ever told her that. That's gotta seriously suck for her. I couldn't begin to imagine what she's going through" she replied. She did admire her for the agility she had, it was natural with Rinaa, whereas with Fia, she needed a rune to add and boost her agility. "As for the fear of fire, duely noted, but wait...is that the night I felt something and told you to go after her telepathically?" she added, not wanting to piss Rinaa off any more than she already had, whilst asking for clarification on the Human torch comment.

The Forge
Cal took it all in, her driadic bond was tied to no sort of prophecy. Driads were rare enough and some never met at all, she'd been lucky in that regard. But to read that your own life was fated must have been beyond crazy. There was no physical marking for her bond with Cliff, so she found Kay's fascinating. "Now that is insane and kind of creepy at the same time to have your whole life decided years before it happens. So what exactly does your bond do, besides branding the both of you for life?"

The apartment
John couldn't imagine the apology going anywhere at all. It would be too little and far too late in Rinaa's mind. Mentioning she was from a different timeline might help matters with Fia. It would give context as to why she'd made such a massive error of judgement with the nickname, but there was also a danger there with regards to the differences between the timelines. How would Rinaa react to knowing that not only did Fia grow up knowing Elliott, somewhere out there, there is a version of her that did too. "I doubt she'd accept any apology straight off the bat, she didn't accept anything from us, particularly Kay seeing it as a method to clear any bad blood before her death. She might come round to it in time, like she did with this version of Kay, but I'm not sure, she's complicated."

"This Rinaa doesn't talk much about any of this. We found out some of the stuff you've just heard through Jay. And Kay found out some things when Rinaa had an emotional breakdown of sorts yesterday, over her impending demise, added to the fact that she has some serious mental problems as a consequence of her childhood- depression, self loathing and very nearly resorted to suicide after finding out she was dying. The rest we found out from three questions this morning. And it seems that in her timeline, she suffered a lot with being compared with you when she was on Earth, her self hatred would only have made things worse. And she's never detailed just what exactly things were like between you two."

There was no point in sugar coating anything, so John had told everything straight, no bullshit. No fluff. The next question was one he'd expected to come at some point. "Yes, it was that night. We never found out why exactly Rinaa was lurking in the ship's underbelly, but Chas suspects she wanted to be alone somewhere she thought we wouldn't be. No idea how Kay got down there, but she did, and was fully alight while sleepwalking. Rinaa was genuinely petrified at that, frozen in fight or flight mode."

The Forge

Kay couldn't help but chuckle at Cal's reaction to her bond story. "Yeah, I almost fell off my chair when I read it. To say I was freaked out was an understatement. As for the bond? It's strange one. We're still finding things out about it really, but it seems if either of us feels something really strong emotionally, the other feels it too. Also heard it could be used as a tracker but I don't know if that's true or not." Kay explained.

The Apartment

Hearing John say the apology might not work on Rinaa made Fia think. She trusted his judgement when it came to this Rinaa. He had spent more time around her than Fia had after all. It made her sad that people had compared the two of them in her timeline, as she would never want that. "Damn...that seriously sucks. I'd never want to be compared to her, so I could understand her hatred of that." She replied.

When it came to the part of explaining about Kay's sleepwalking, she nodded. "That's insane. I just felt like something was up, and granted, it was after staying up late looking through mum's sketches, so I took a gamble really. Glad it was worth doing. She told me stories of a time her abilities got a bit out of control, but I don't know in what context. It was more of that 'i know what it's like to not be in control, so you must learn' talks with her. I guess that was one of those times she hinted about. So glad I never picked up her sleepwalking thing." Fia explained her half of that story.

The Forge
"I have no idea how alike the bond you have, and the bond I have are. What I do know about mine is that it transfers emotions, the closer we are, the stronger we feel each others emotions. But it focuses mainly around our respective powers. We can share energy, and transfer energy from one to another. Together, wee far stronger than when we are apart." That particular aspect applied to things that weren't related to using their powers. More personal things. "And on rare occasions we can access the other's ability. Ours can work as a tracker, but not in the way you think. It's kind of like a sort of pull telling you where the other is, which is how I know the others came back a while ago."

The apartment
The more John spoke, the more he could see in Fia's reactions just how different Rinaa's timeline was to the one she herself lived in. It was heartbreaking in a way, that one thing had had such a myriad of consequences. "It really does, it seems the deeper we go, the more we find out just how bad things got. But there are some good aspects to her timeline. Music being one of them, earlier she and Elliott were messing around with guitars and even holding back, she showed skill. The ironic part is that she loved growing up on Attil despite what happened here. And she trained a pilot of world too." He left that amidst alll the doom and gloom it was worth saying that there were positives somewhere.

Then came a partial explanation of why Fia had contacted them. He guessed the sketches had made some kind of connection form with her mother across both space and time. "How exactly did you get into my head without being kicked out by the deluge of walls and barriers?"

The Forge

Kay listened to what Cal's bond did for her and she did wonder if it would be anywhere near the same for her and John. Maybe they'd have try it out one day, a bit like a weird game of hide and seek. It'd be an interesting theory to test in Kay's opinion. "Interesting. Makes me wanna test some stuff with John to see what ours can fully do" she said smiling, hearing the others came back a while ago made her happy. She could stop worrying finally. "Good..I can stop worrying about Fia and John now" she said smiling, love in her voice for the two of them but also slight hint of her usual sass.

The Apartment

To hear that not all of Rinaa's life was doom and gloom, did actually make Fia relieved in a way. Despite how she is when she fighting, or causing trouble in various playful manners, she did have a kind heart deep down. "I'm glad she's had some positives in her life." She said before the question of how she got through all the barriers inside John's mind.

"Was wondering when that question would come up. Was a few things really, 1) the bond you and mum have, when I was born I get one too, it's like a mixture of both of yours with an added bit to it." She explained, bringing it to the surface to show the same chain that both Kay and John had, but through the middle of it on the back of her wrist was a single flame inside a circle. "2) I researched and used a rune for communication through telepathy and finally? Sheer luck in hoping that we're blood family would be enough to get through" she finished, then showing the rune she used that she had on her arm just below her elbow by taking her jacket off. It would be then John would see the extent of the sheer amount of runes she actually had. She had at least four on each arm, along with the healing rune on her neck. Along with those, she had one on her right collarbone, one on her shoulder and one on her back like her mother to be a portal for her phoenix wings to appear if it's needed.

Attachments

• ff9f80c0baa54a2c94f5aa885da4e0ca.jpg
    ff9f80c0baa54a2c94f5aa885da4e0ca.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0
  • PicsArt_12-30-08.31.05.jpg
    PicsArt_12-30-08.31.05.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 0
The Forge
"Well don't force it to try and work, that almost never gives a positive result with my bond. It refuses to be forced as if it has some kind of sentience. Which I wouldn't totally rule out. Driadic bonds are pretty rare, there's not much I can find on them." Cal explaining, forcing her bond had never worked with her or Cliff, it worked better with subconscious activation. She nodded in agreement with Kay's remark. "If they sent any messages to say that, you won't get them in here, phone signals don't get in here easily."

The apartment
John wasn't phased by the masses of tunes after all he'd done the exact same thing, so it would be hypocritical to give out about it. He was more interested in having one burning question answered. It made perfect sense to John. Blood relatives always got in easier, with little or no trouble. He'd only had that happen once before, due to his distinct lack of blood relatives with mage skills in this universe. And when it had happened that somebody did once get through, it had been his twin from an alternate universe where John (the sickly baby) had died, and he, the healthy one had lived. Of course when The Golden Boy had got in he'd put that down to something else, the assumption that he'd have put up the same wards himself. But what Fia said made it seem like being a blood relative simply gave him free pass. The universe had never shown any care for alternate universes before.

"Blood family would have paid a large part in getting through without the wards pushing you out. The other two would have just made contact. The wards a predisposed to let blood relatives in, regardless of any factor like space, time or dimension. Which explains how 'John' managed to do it." He made an air quotes gesture around the name 'John', indicating that he wasn't talking about himself.

The Forge

Cal made a good point, and she realised the times they had found bits out was when it just happened naturally. She would just have to wait and see what happens as it happens. "Good point" she simply said. "I remember you saying before about the signal here, they probably remembered too and didn't say anything, I wouldn't put passed them anyway" she commented.

The Apartment

Fia took in what he was explaining. When she did it, she was just hoping it would work. Through the first lot of communication, it felt like Kay wasn't hearing her at all, so she didn't think at the time it would work on John, but luckily it did. When he said about 'john' though she rose an eyebrow. "So this "john"..I'm guessing your twin or something? I remember being told you were one but didn't really go into detail which I was fine with" she replied remembering the day which for her was a couple of years ago, aged 15, she got told more about his history and family. Just like Kay told Fia about hers.

The Forge
"Thats one of the only bad things about this place the lack of signal. Espescially on rainy days like these when I had a massive paper to type up and submit, or some kind of research project. But I got around that by climbing into one of the chimneys for a signal." She gestured at the sooty roof hole that marked the beginning of one of the chimney shafts. "I visited the laptop repair guys a lot." She smirked.

The apartment
It made sense that he wouldn't tell Fia the whole story about his twin. It was a pretty bizarre tale to be truly honest. But it was something she didn't know in her time, so something he could tell her. "It's definitly the 'or something' part in this case. We nicknamed him The Golden Boy as that's how he appeared, in this glowing cloud of gold light. It's a strange story. In this universe I was a twin, and killed my brother in the womb...blah blah blah." He glossed over that part, his upbringing wasn't important in this story. And as a general rule he didn't talk about this stuff. But when it came to the so called Golden Boy it was different.

"But there's another universe, a parellel universe where the sickly twin, me, died and the other twin lived. So he was also named John to make things confusing, and in his time, he also became a mage, broke the barriers between our dimensions and began seriously screwing around with my life. Messing around in my mind, memory loss, false memories taht sort of crap. Then giving me that bout of lung cancer and premature blindness. His end goal was to kill me and take my powers. With a bit of accidental help from a psychic I figured out who he was an what he was doing. We fought and I'm pretty sure I killed him while banishing him to his dimension."

The Forge

Kay looked where Cal was gesturing as she explained the downside to the forge. She tried to imagine Cal up in the chimney doing work and it was quite the mental image. "I can imagine!" She chuckled at the laptop repair guys comment. Knowing her family was back, did make her want to go back to see them. "Mind if we head back? I have a daughter to properly get to know" she said.

The Apartment

As John began telling her the story about this other John, she listened intently. It was a first for her to hear and she wanted to hear it properly. As he said about the other universe one, this other John sounded like a right asshole to her. She was glad her dad was still around to tell the story, but she couldn't imagine being that angry at someone that they'd do all that just to get some kind of weird revenge. Felt like too much effort in her eyes. But then, she did time travel to save her mum, so was there much of a difference in the great scheme of things? Probably not.

"Damn...well, I'm glad you're still around dad." She replied, not knowing what else she could possibly say to the whole thing. "Sort of talking about nicknames...mum calls me firecracker all the time. She thinks it's funny for some reason" She decided to lighten the mood and the news did make her smirk, even if she found the nickname irritating sometimes.

The Forge
"Thats how I got to know Deke, he used to have this counter of days Cal has gone without breaking a laptop. He thinks he's so funny." Cal rolled her eyes sarcastically. At first it had really annoyed her, but now it was a running joke. "He still does it of course." She nodded at Kay's request, also wanting to get back. "Not at all, I'll just let the others know." She made her way out of the forge to the adjoining main house. Chas and Dan were in the kitchen,comparing family photos over tea and biscuits. "The others are back, so we're heading over. And since we've got an extra person, somebody might be bunking in the forge tonight Dan, just a heads up." The blacksmith nodded.

"That's fine by me, now go, for the love of my sanity and Cliff's and finally start planning this wedding before I grow old...er." Chas smirked at that, while Cal rolled her eyes. "That was the plan actually, we were going to do it before Qui arrived back." The blacksmith gave her raised eyebrow that conveyed the universal parental thought of suuuuure kid, I totally believe that. It was obvious what he was thinking even with the language barrier. "We really were, and Cliff's even taken time off to do it this week." "Then go and do it instead of talkig about it. I'll be fine talking to this fabulous human." Cal said her goodbyes and headed back to Kay.

The apartment
John knew the story was weird, but then again so were most of his story related to doing mage work. " So am I, I quite enjoy being alive." The nickname made him smile, it sounded like an utterly Kay thing to come up with. It was too early to make a call on whether it suited her or not, but he suspected it matched Fia's personality perfectly. "That sounds like one of those awful jokes parents make when they're trying to be funny, and failing in everybody's opinion but their own. But as nicknames go it could be a lot worse."

The Forge

Kay laughed at the story about Deke. It honestly sounded like something someone would do to her with her clumsiness. When she agreed to head back, she waited for Cal as she went to the adjoining room to let Dan and Chas know they were heading back to the apartment. "Ready?" She asked, as Cal arrived back to her. "Guessing the two men are gonna stay here?" She smirked.

The Apartment

Fia smiled at his little remark about enjoying being alive. For a bloke that was quite self destructive in many ways, and after seeing him in her timeline begin to sink into a downward spiral over possibly losing Kay, it was nice to hear. As for the nickname, she chuckled at his reaction to it. "Oh for sure it could be worse. She came up with it because when I was younger, I learnt very quickly that pranks were funny.. especially when I got the added talent for pyrokensis and magic." She explained with a smug grin. How she didn't give either of her parents a heart attack was a miracle in her eyes. She began remembering one particular prank that scared the living daylights out of both of them, and it showed on her face.

The Forge
"Yes, and yes. I swear those two are made for each other. They're really alike, even if I don't know Chas that well. I just know they're going to spend like six hours straight bitching, drinking tea and eating biscuits in the kitchen, while telling each other more than should be physically possible in that space of time. Even if there is a language barrier of sorts, they already seem to be overcoming it. It's pretty amazing actually. Here's hoping he doesn't tell all the stories of the crap I've done and the stunts I've pulled." And there were a lot of stories, some for when Cal had been with Dan, others from her childhood that she'd told him at some point or another.

She pulled on her coat and boots, extinguished the flames and began the walk back to the apartment. The weather was still shite, and the rainwater was running downhill towards the river in specially constructed drainage channels. The city builders had factored in the rain wherever they built, and had constructed suitable water systems.

The apartment
John could imagine Fia being a prankster, and enlisting Elliott's help. Elliott hadn't been much of prankster with John during his teenage years, but he'd always had a mischevious streak. And even as an adult he didn't really do pranks, but he had the savage wit and the snarky remarks at just the right moment, and could talk almost anybody into a hole of their own making. "Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Those two really are the bets combination, but you got them at a young age to take advantage of it properly."

The Forge

Kay nodded and laughed at Cal's reply about Chas and Dan. She lays found Chas was the easiest to get on with first out of him and John. It certainly was the case with her anyway. "Chas gets on with everyone." She said. "Out of him, John and Ell, Chas was the first I got on with and could actually hold a conversation with properly. All I ever got out of John was the snarky "morning sleeping beauty" when I woke up in his place the first time" She explained, as Cal put on her cost and boots, her tone was of fondness though. John was about the only person in the world to ever have gotten away with calling her that. She walked with her, pulling up her hood to stop her hair getting wet.

The Apartment

Fia nodded, "Yeah, if I'm gonna get access to my abilities early, I may as well put them to some kind of fun use. I mean..it's not like I got to go normal school or anything, I had to entertain myself somehow and yes, Ell totally helped me in making my pranks successful. A 12 year old me can be very persuasive." she grinned. She managed to wrap her family round her little finger and she was definitely proud of that fact. Though she was pretty sure, now that she told John that he'd be a lot more suspicious now and her pranks may not work as well.

Walking to the apartment
"Yeah, I can see that in him. He sounds like one of those guys who you know you trusts and vent to anytime,and he'll try to help, even if he has no clue how to deal with it. My broter says a complete solid person, a great father, who's loyal, caring and you can always count on. He has nothing but praise for him." Cal replied, smirking at the sleeping beauty comment. Looking at it in hindsight was pretty funny no doubt, considering it was meant as a jab, but could be said and genuinely meant at this point in the relationship. They walked back, lapsing into comfortable silence, which Cal broke as they neared the apartment block. "Did anybody telling you how my brother chose his Earth his name?"

The apartment
"That sounds exactly like Elliott, he has one hell of a mischevious streak, though he didnt get to exercise it with magical backing as a kid, so instead it manifested as making these really sharp comments implying all sorts of things that weren't there at all." He was smiling, thinking of what Elliott had said that night in the flat with Kay. He'd never actually translated it for Kay, but it was a prime example of Elliott's perfection at making jabs. "And I doubt he's able to say no to you?"

Walking to the apartment

Hearing that Elliott had nothing but good things to say about Chas was of no surprise to Kay. Everyone loved Chas that was for sure. "Oh he's definitely that kind of person. Think it was talking films that bonded us at the time" she chuckled. Kay had never thought about how John would mean the nickname if it was said nowadays. She just remembers the snarky way of saying it with fondness as it told her all she needed to know about him, to hold her own beside him. She knew in that greeting she could be herself and just as snarky back and he would just take it well. "No, he never did actually. Always wondered how he came up with it though" she replied to Cal when the comfortable silence was finally broken.

The Apartment

Fia smiled as John replied thinking how it was just like Elliott in this time, her noticing how he smiled at the reply, which told her he was clearly remembering something Elliott once said. "Got it in one! He definitely can't say no to me, especially if the pranks are on you. Being the kid sister has its advantages after all" she replied. Most of her pranks were on John, she did prank Kay sometimes, but she much preferred pranking her dad, it was more of a challenge to prank John. Kay was too easy an target.

The walk to the apartment
Cal suspected Kay mightn't know the reasoning behind it. She'd found out on the first day that he'd changed his name, and what it had been changed to. So she'd immediately asked how he came up with it. The answer was a smart one. John and Chas obviously knew, as did Rinaa. And once she found out, she'd told Cliff, so that only left Kay. Taking shelter under the edge of roof Cal lit a single finger alight and used it to draw a series of flame letter in the air in front of her, using her powers to keep the letters burning in front of her. The words she wrote were 'Qui' Za'Lott'. "This is the English phonetic spelling of my brothers birth name. The first syllable is the first name. The last syllable is the family name or surname, used in formal situations or in an affectionate way by those who love you, specifically love, no friend uses it to address another. The middle syllable is taken from either the father or mother's name. In this case our father's. Do you recognise anything in it?" She asked after giving the significance of each syllable.

The apartment
"Sisters always have that effect, whether they are older or younger." He was clearly thinking of his own sister, one of the few people who could hold her own against him. Hells, she could even beat it when it came to it. The two siblings were very evenly matched in argurments. Sheryl was one of the few people John would always listen to, and always unconditionally believe and let care about him. "Speaking of sisters, is Cal around in your time, or does she mainly stick to Attil?"

Kay stopped under the shelter with Cal when she watched Cal light her finger and write Elliott's name in little flames, a neat little trick she thought. She listened to the explanation of how names worked on Attil, something she had heard before briefly. She always noticed one thing that was the same in Elliott's name, or at least similar. "The Lott bit always struck me as similar to the sound of of the name Elliott" she replied, not really seeing anything other than that. She hoped she wasn't wrong in her reply.

The Apartment

Fia noted his reply and guessed he was talking from experience. She had been told about his sister before, which is why she came to that conclusion. When asked about Cal, she nodded, "yeah, but not all the time but she stays in contact a lot more and visits. I usually bug her about blades and stuff if it's not Jay I bug" she replied with a chuckle. "Aunt Sam is around sometimes as well." she adds, as they were talking about sisters, she figured she'd let John know about Kay's. She wasn't sure if Kay should know or not, but figured if John knew, he could probably decide if it's something she should know or not yet. She knew in this time at this stage, Kay was still not in contact with Sam, and knew John knew that too.

Cal nodded, she'd hit the nail spot on with her observation. "Exactly, but it's not just the surname that he based his Earth name of." She spread the syllables out in the air and wrote a second set of names underneath them in a bolder font.

Qui' Za' Lott
Quinn Zachariah Elliott
"Now do you see what he did?" She asked, knowing that once Kay saw it she'd see just how obvious it was. Her brother had taken his phonetic birth name, reversed it and chose Earth names that roughly fit the pattern.

The apartment
"I can see why, between the three of them- the assassin, the blacksmith and the archer, they really have a crazy amount of weapons. I doubt there's a weapon type that between them they haven't used at some point." He cast his eyes over to the weapons rack as he spoke. Which reminded him of a question he'd been meaning to ask Cal for a while. He pulled out a pen from a pocket, and scribbled a short hand note to self on his wrist, something he frequently did. He'd forget otherwise.

John nodded at the detail that Sam was around, it seemed inevitable that at some point they'd go track her down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back