• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

"Well even if you don't have footage, always claim you do. It'll make them squirm, and that's almost as good." Chas smirked, liking Kay's style when it came to blackmail. He was all for blackmail, he knew some fairly embarrassing things about John and Elliott, and vice versa. Speaking of which, he cast an eye up to see how they were going. Evidently the introductions had gone well as all three were talking in fast Attili, the focus of their conversation being the photos on the bookshelf. Rinaa had retreated to the balcony, pulled on her headphones (which ere waterproof) and was leaning on the railings, just taking in the rainstorm in its entirety. Despite being rained on, her hair was still firmly vertical.

"Ready when you are, the link is open and working."
Jay could feel the burns as if they were against her own skin. She had on instinct shut out the whimpers of Kay from the others. She closed her eyes again. Cliff, a short distance away carefully placed the backpack by her feet, crouching down to conceal the weapon from sight. John knew that the best way to provide the extra power was to pass it directly into Fia, who could then channel it, along with her own into the rune. He put one hand on her shoulder, and used the second to create the somatic shapes he'd need. As soon as Fia started tracing, he would start feeding it power, guessing the balence needed and adjusting by instinct.

"oh naturally, seeing people squirm over it is the best part after all" Kay replied to him. She had a feeling he'd know some.embarrassing things about John and Elliott and maybe one day she'd ask him about them. As he looked up to check how the others were doing, she took a note of the time. The group had barely been gone and it felt like forever to her. Her anxiety over the whole thing was making her twitchy and restless.

If Fia knew Jay had shut off her mother's pain from them, she would have been thankful. She didn't want to hear them as she knew it'd make it more difficult to focus. She maybe closer to John but she still loved Kay dearly. She nodded at Jay saying she was ready when she was, and the moment John placed his hand on her shoulder, she began tracing over her rune to activate it, then connected to Jay's link by placing her other hand underneath Jay's so it could connect to the rune.
She was used to the rune activating and it did usually work for missing objects for her (she abused it a few times to find a missing item in her room), but this was the first time she'd feel it properly work for finding Kay. When John fed his power through her to give her that extra boost she needed, she felt it.

Cal then finally made the call and done what she should have almost twelve hours ago. "C'mon, say your goodbyes, we gotta get you back to prison Qui. I'll call you if anything happens here, or get a message to you in some way." Elliott didn't object, he'd been pushing things too far, and he was feeling guilty over leaving Deke stranded in his place. He stepped out onto the balcony to say goodbye to Rinaa. The two hugged before Elliott and Cal vanished in the usual flash of light.

When the rune initially came into contact with Jay's skin, nothing happened. But when the power passed through it, her own subdermal channels flared into life, glowing with some kind of current moving within them. She focused that energy through the link to Kay. She'd never channelled somebody else into a mind she was linked with before, but it was working, the connection was stable and the energy was reaching. John could feel it working too, even if it would only be Fia who got the exact location. All three were connected together, and all three were breathing in unison. It was an effect that looked quite eerie to Cliff, who was keeping on eye on them, the other scanning the surrounding area.

Kay watched as Elliott had to say goodbye to Rinaa to go back for the time being. He had been out for a really long time, and when they both disappeared, she looked back down at her lap, pulling at the loose threads on her shorts a bit, an anxious trait she had.

Fia kept her focus, she had a feeling it's take a few moments to gain the exact location and it did. At first in her mind it was just a fuzzy blur, like she was looking through a deep fog that sometimes fell over London, particularly in the Victorian era. It was creepy and gave Fia major silent hill vibes. Eventually the fog broke out and the place was dark with barely any light at all, but she saw her mother in a cage shackled and scared. She focused on the surroundings which were sparce to say the least, but she got a location and the shock of it made her break out of the link quickly. "She's in the dark void between purgatory and hell" Fia stated, her tone showing the shock and worry about that discovery.

Cal reappeared a few minutes later, accompanied by what appeared to be Elliott. The male was utterly identical to her brother, down to the clothing and the scuff marks on his boots. Chas did a double take, before realising that this was clearly Elliott's double. This suspicion was confirmed when the male's body began to morph. As he walked in the direction of the kitchen, his skin turned to almost a putty and seemed to reshape itself of its own accord, the frame shortening, the hair growing and extending outwards in the crazy Einstein style that was characteristic of Deke. Even the clothes changed, from Elliott's old shirt and jeans, to cargo trousers and a mottled grey-denim hoodie. He went straight to the freezer, pulled out a tub of ice cream and leaned against the countertop eating. "Prison food is total shite" he declared.

John let go of Fia's shoulder when she announced the location. With the link broken, Jay's skin returned to normal. "I'm going to hesitate a guess, and say that's not at all good, and we're gonna need everything we've got to get her out." Cliff stated, just to be sure she'd heard right. John could only nod. It was bad, very bad. Hard to get to, and even harder to get out of. Not to mention it was sandwiched between two places he really had no intention of visiting. Jay had maintained the link with Kay, but instinctively cut off the knowledge of the location. She could feel the fear already present and had no intention of adding to it. "But we are able to actually get there, yeah?"

Kay was aware that Cal arrived back with someone, but she didn't really pay attention. She just had a bad feeling about the group's time travel mission to save future her, the wave of anxiety overwhelming her. She couldn't tell if it was down to her just worrying about the group or if it was linked in some way to her future self. She didn't even reply to Deke's comment about the prison food.

Fia looked between the group when everyone took in the news of where her mother was. She was more concerned how John was feeling about it, because of it was ANYTHING like she was feeling, it wasn't good. She felt sick to her stomach that the demon kind would go that far to take Kay. "No it's not..it's really REALLY bad" Fia replied to Cliff, as John couldn't seem to muster up the words to. Looking at Jay when she asked if it's possible, she nodded. "Yeah, but its insanely hard to do so, and even harder to get out" Fia commented. "It's literally the last place ever you'd wanna find out where someone is..." She replied to Jay. This was going to be a crazy task but she refused to give up. There was no way she would give up and leave her mother there.

Kay was getting more and more terrified, as she saw the demons that had had her for the last three weeks return. "No..please...no more.." she whimpered, as they entered the cage to drain some of her essence and blood for their own gain.

Kay wasn't the only one feeling at odds about the mission in the future. Even though it was happening nowhere remotely near them. Rinaa's head felt like it was about to split open, quite literally. This wasn't an Omega side effect, or something related to an oncoming shift. This was something else entirely. She was trying to block it all out, and was failing.

This wasn't Cliff's area of expertise, she was a doctor and a fighter, but there was nothing she could do to help Kay, and it was both annoying and upsetting her. She hated being helpless in situations like this. John did eventually find his voice. "It's horrific as a place. If we got in, I couldn't guarantee we'd all get our in one piece, or even alive." They were running out of options. Jay could feel the fear over the link and her face paled. She knew what was about to happen. "And we got another problem, a bigger one, the demons are back for their next dose."

"Bollocks!" John cursed, looking like he wanted to punch something or someone. This was getting worse by the minute. "There is one way I can think of to get Kay out fast, before they can do anything...." Jay trailed off, there was an unspoken 'but' to her sentence, and a huge one too.

Kay couldn't sit still anymore, she had to do something. Getting up she found herself walking around the living room, practically pacing. She didn't want to get too anxious incase it affected unborn Fia, but it was getting hard to not do so.

Fia looked at John when he finally was able to speak and she recognised the look all too well. It was only worse when she heard Jay say they were back for more of Kay. Fia knew this John wasnt fully her dad yet, but she felt if it was just them two, she would have instantly clung onto him. She found it difficult to not want to be sick at the information. It was killing her knowing her mother was in such a place and in such trouble. "But..? I'm hearing a massive but coming from that sentence Jay" Fia replied to Jay, just getting that feeling there was a big but to her comment. She wished she didn't have to involve the three of them, but knew she'd have never found this much out without them.

Everyone in the room was anxious. Time travel was a tricky business, and the future was malleable. Who knew what else they could be affecting by interfering with one part of the future. What kind of consequences this could have. Whatever the cost was, they were determined to pay it, but only if it meant things got better for Kay in the future, without killing anybody else. Selfish beliefs, but that was what people were when it comes down to it.

Jay nodded her head gravely. "Yeah, there is. Either way you'd still have to get there to get back something or somebody." She took a breath to focus her thoughts, before starting to explain, as fast as she could, not knowing how long they had to decide. "I guess it boils down to two things. The first is how much of Kay's abilities are directly related to her consciousness being in her body? Will her body still be pheonix if I theoretically transplant the entirety of her conscience to somewhere else? Because if it just becomes a regular, unpowered human empty shell, then all we have to do is get the shell body back. And if she does just become a shell, I could keep control over it, so the demons wouldn't be as wise to what was going on. But if, regardless of where her consciousness is her original body stays Pheonix, then this method is useless."

"And the second factor and method?" Cliff asked, not liking where any of this was going. "How long do we think she can hold put for rescue? How long will it take us to actually make a plan, get there and get her out? And is it a time you're comfortable with, or is there too many things that can go wrong in the meantime." She had a feeling she knew what exactly the answer would be to that question. "If that's the case, I think I can get Kay, consciousness, body and all out of there in a matter of minutes, but this speed comes at a cost to me."

If Kay had paced the circumference of the room once, she had paced it ten times. She couldn't stay still at all, the talk with Chas did previously work to keep her still and think about other things but when it stopped she went back into her old habit of pacing, she would used to do when she was younger. If it was John's apartment, she would have started baking or cleaning, but she wasn't.

Fia listened to Jay's suggestions and options. She didn't like either but she knew they were the best options they had at this moment in time. Her fists clenched tightly, as she tried to keep her cool and focused. She knew she had a habit of letting her personal feelings get in the way sometimes, and this most certainly wasn't the time for that. She would risk anything for Kay, no matter how dangerous.

"Her abilities are tied to her soul, rather than her body. Which is how the phoenix can be reborn after death. Even if she gets turned to ash like in the mythical stories, she can be reborn back into the same body due to the soul knowing what that body looks like. Yet her phoenix self pours that through her blood which goes through her body, but the majority is her soul. Which will be what the demons want. You break a soul, you have control of it." Fia explained. She had no idea how much of this, this John knew, but knew this timeline's John did know all of this. So she figured she was the best to have given the information.

"My mum can hold out well, but it depends on how bad she currently is to how much more she'd hold out. She's a fighter, but we got the whole factor of how much the iron is burning her..if she dies with the iron on her? That's it...no more mum" Fia added, her tone sad and full of worry. "What's the cost to you?" She finally asked.

Seeing Kay pace made Cal wnat to do the same thing. She generally used blacksmithing as a way to vent her emotions. Anger, sadness, worry and so on, she channeled them all into the hammer and anvil to create something beautiful. Or when she was really angry she'd just take a block of metal and bash it shapeless. At a younger age, she used to have pyrokinetic tantrums, and sometimes she still did. The forge was ideal for her to vent as a pyrokinetic. But she'd leaned to harness the fire for more than just blazing everything in sight. "I'm going to the forge, either to vent on an inanimate piece of metal that did nothing to deserve this treatment or beat the shit out of a punch bag. Anyone else want to come with?"

John already knew bits of the information, some he'd figured out himself based on past experiences, but there were bits completly new to him. Jay's plan would have worked perfectly on a regular mage (not him of course, due to his demon's blood). "Consciousness or no consciousness, she's still useful to them."
"Ah shit!" Jay had been hoping that there would be no valuable traces of Kay's energy or essence left in the body. But that wasn't the case."And it would still be vulnerable. I've been trained to push beyond pain barriers in both my own and somebody else's body, but if I go too far I could do some serious damage. But I think I'd be able to escape the shackles, make a run for it, and hide." She mused out loud, trying to test the feasibility of the idea. She really didn't want to have to go for option two.

But both she and John were beginning to realise there was no other options available. If Kay didn't last long enough to survive the hours they spent planning then this would all have been for nothing. The only thing to them would be to travel further back and try again. And that could take even longer. Jay could hear the worry in Fia's tone and could practically see it radiating outwards from John. "The other option is a full switch. Instead of swapping just minds, we swap everything, it'll get Kay out, but it'll drain just about all of my energy, causing me to pass out or go into a coma. And given that I'd be transporting over planes. Had she been somewhere on Earth itself, or a blood relative of mine, then it wouldn't be as much of a drain."

The moment Cal said about going to the forge to vent out on something, she wondered about joining her. Maybe Cal would let her vent in there with her. Yet she knew John put her in Chas' protection whilst he was gone as well. Knowing that he didn't trust anyone else to look out for her. "Got anything there that'll out this phoenix to good use?" She asked Cal.

"I don't want you risking your life quite that badly Jay..Ell would kill me" Fia replied after listening to Jay. "I guess we have no choice, hope she lasts out and we go in and get out. Even if you trade bodies completely, you'll need to bare in mind that her body is weak to the iron. It won't be as simple as getting out of normal shackles. I can only really think of trying to draw the demons out of the Void so we can take them out on our plain. Then get in to get her" Fia theorised. "Unless I take us all back to the initial attack" Fia added.

A grin spread over her face at that response. "You're forgetting you are talking to the pyrokinetic who spent hours in that forge venting emotions. It's probably the best equipped place for you. Considering little there is flammable and it's designed to contain rogue blazes." And ever since Elliott had informed her about Jay also having a fire affinity, she was immensely curious to see it, and compare to her own skills.

And if she did die it wouldn't just kill her, but Rinaa too. She found it weird that Elliott on Attil would get annoyed with Fia over her doing anything stupid, but she didn't take much notice of it. "Yeah, I know it would, that's why it's really out of contention without doing a full body swap. Full body swap would mean that every atom of her body would be swapped with one of mine,starting with the outer skin, then working through the internal organs. And she'd end up exactly where I am now, without ever touching"

"Drawing them out could work, but again, it would still mean relying on Kay to be able to last in the iron for long enough. And if we went back earlier to the initial attack we could be able to stop this mess from happening." The second option sounded good to John, or even travelling to an earlier time (not necessarily the incident itself). It would mean that Kay would go through less or even none of the imprisonment. "If we did go further back to the incident itself, would it be necessary to make sure nobody realises we're time travellers?"

Kay listened to Cal with what she said and with a small smile and nod, she decided to go with her. "then, I'll come with you, I'll drive myself insane in here and possibly wear a hole in your floor" she replied to her, trying to make a light hearted comment about how bad she's feeling.

Fia listened to everyone, taking in what they were all saying. They all had valid things to say in her mind. "Yeah it would be necessary to not let that slip that we're time travellers. When I've gone before, I've always put myself out of sight on too of the building to get there. It meant I could have stealth for getting there. Of course, it's never worked for me before for stopping it, but I was alone. With three more of you to help, I think it'll work." Fia explained more. She had gone back to the attack so many times, she could do it with her eyes closed. "So, all in for going back further?" Fia asked.

"Wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened here. Although that was due to floorboard rot." She smirked. That had actually happened, and of course it had been her that had crashed through the floor to the neighbours apartment below. "Anybody else wanna come?" Chas and Dan both were, but not to vent, to chat about things that normal people talk about if Cal's paraphrasing was to be believed. Rinaa opted to stay behind as did Deke, both staking their position with popcorn and a line up of bad TV shows.

Cliff eyed up the buildings, calculating the angles in her head in order to determine the best spot in her head. The building is were climbable too, espescially with some added parkour. "I'm in, I'll snipe from up top, and have your backs." It would work just fine for her. Jay eyed up the alleyway, but for different reasons, trying to figure out what the kill spots would be, and where she didn't want to be trapped. "Yep, I'm in too." John was of course in too. "If I'm going to time travel I might as well go the whole hog. And considering the arsenal and the resumes we have between us, we can certainly beat sufficient shite out of these bastards."

Cal's little quip to Kay's comment actually made a small smile appear on her face. She figured Chas would go along, as she knew he'd put his promise to John over everything. She even nodded when Cal paraphrased Chas and Dan's reasons for coming along. Once Rinaa and Deke said they weren't coming along, she decided to follow Cal to the forge when she was ready to go.

Fia simply made one single nod to Cliff's comment about being their sniper. She also took note of how Jay was sussing out the alleyway for her own skillset before agreeing to the time travelling plan. She didn't doubt for a second that John wouldn't say yes. "Agreed" Fia replied to John's remark. "Okay, let's do this" Fia said once more before yet again, she used her stele to draw the rune in the air then twisting it up and pushing it out in front of them. It would take them to the same spot but on the roof. "It'll take us to exactly the same spot. Except up onto the roof to our left" she gestured to the left wall and roof. "Once through we'll have exactly one minute before their own portal will open up where this portal is now" she gestured to the portal in front, "and mum will be coming from the entrance to the alleyway to our right" Fia explained, gesturing to the alleyway entrance/exit path.

It was very obvious now just how many attempts she had done to know all this.

"It's still totally shite out, and teleporter is a massive power drainer, only supposed to be used for emergencies and breaking Qui out, so we're walking. Spare raincoats on the hook over there." Cal informed Kay, knowing that Cliff would kill her I'd Kay got sick from the weather. And she wasn't sure about the health consequences of teleporting either. Something she needed to find out. Chas and Dan already had suitable clothing, Chas being the kind of person who'd pack monsoon gear for the middle of the Sahara desert just in case.

Withe everybody suitable waterproofed, Cal left. She took the fast route to the forge, cutting through the residential areas and buildings, making use of the shelter from the weather which was truly awful. They weren't the only ones out. There was still plenty of others, albeit less than the day before. It took about fifteen minutes to reach the forge.

Cliff went through the portal first, took her bearings, then jumped the gap between the buildings to her ideal sniper point, giving her perfect aim at the portal location. She also pulled up her hood and tied back the distinctive hair. Cliff nocked her bow, placing the quivers against the wall. Jay went next, picking a different spot on a rusting fire escape that would allow her to drop down behind the portal itself, cutting off an escape route to the other side. Her intentionsns were clearly to go hand to hand, while the others worked from above. She too pulled up her hood, tying the string around the back of her head to ensure it wouldn't fall down.

John was last to go through. "This'll work" was all he said before é heading through. He saw the others ducking out of view, Cliff camouflaged in the shadows, Jay invisible from the ground. Like Cliff, he crossed to the opposite building, having as many angles covered as possible would be a strategic advantage.

Kay appreciated being lent the spare raincoat. Pulling it on and pulling the hood up, she waited for the others, then proceeded to follow Cal back to the forge in the crap weather, feeling glad for all the shelter spots they took.

Fia let everyone go through first, luckily for her she didn't need to remind them she had to go last so the portal wouldnt close on them and drop them who knows where. She glanced at John when he said it would work, nodding at his words. "I hope you're right" she simply replied behind him as he went through the portal. "I really do" she said more to herself as John was already through. Following on through the portal, it closed behind her and she re-emerged back in the alley way but three weeks further back.

She noted where everyone positioned themselves, and she stayed on the roof she was already on, positioning herself to see both ends of the alleyway. She'd pick the same spot every single time as it meant she could see when Jay would turn up the shortcut and when the demon's portal would open. Looking down at her watch, they had around 30 seconds before it'd all kick off. She waited patiently, and right on cue the portal from the Void opened up below on the ground and Kay turned the corner. She looked a little older but not much was different about her, she dressed slightly more mature but her hair was still the same to no surprise. Fia gave the signal, it was time...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200106_134228.jpg
    Screenshot_20200106_134228.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 2
Chas and Dan disappeared around the side to the other entrance, the one to the residential part of the forge. Cal had had the keys and the codes for the main forge for years now. It was darkish inside, the windows let in little light as it was, and with the significant cloud cover outside, it was gloomy in the main space. The furnaces were cold and inactive, it want productive weather. Cal didn't bother with the lights, simply choosing to set one of her hands on fire instead. She walked the circumference of the room, checking that everything was in its place, and that all flammable were tucked away, which they weren't so she ammeded that mistake. "If you see anything flammable around, pass it over." She called from the other side of the room.

John hoped he was right too, not sure if he believed the words, but Fia needed some sort of reassurance, he didn't even want to imagine what it was like to lose over and over again, no matter what you tried. This time would be different, it had to be. He waited along with the others, his eyes flicking between the two places Fia had indicated. As he waited, he prepped, drawing the becassray energy in, and running over the spells best to use in this situation. And then came future Kay. She didn't really look that different, the hair was as iconic as ever. Her clothing style had evolved, but apart from that there were no noticeable differences. It was disconcerting to say the least.

Cliff wasn't sure what kind of arrows would be best, so she'd brought a selection, both trick and regular. Her first shot was a clean headshot that splattered the wall with blood. She followed that with a barrage of piercing, razor ice shards, just to see what kind of damege they would do and get a feel for what exactly she was up against. The element of surprise was on her side, the demons clearly weren't expecting the steak knife sized shards to come flying at them. The ice was blue, showing that not only was it tough, it wouldn't yield easily to heat or impact in comparison to normal ice. Jay waited for Cliff to make her move, before swinging herself over the railing, flipping high and landing on a demon, her boots crushing the skull into the pavement, one blade buried deep in the chest, the second posited in her hand.

Arriving at the forge, Kay noticed the difference instantly of the feel of it when everything was inactive. Pulling the hood down off her head, she walked around, noticing how Cal used her pyrokensis to light her way. "Sure" she replied when Cal said about giving her the flammable stuff if she came across it. She looked around and found a couple of items that were flammable, walking over she handed them to Cal. "Here" she said.

Seeing Kay completely unaware every time hurt Fia because she knew all those previous times she had failed to save her mum. She kept remembering John's words about how this time it will work. Seeing the demons start pouring out of the portal, she also looked toward Kay and quickly at Cliff and Jay. At least two demons were taken down this time, instantly a difference to last time. Fia then activated her rune for agility, as she didn't even think to stay up on the opposite roof to John and Cliff. Tapping into her phoenix side, she leapt off the roof, to the ladders below and parkoured her way down, activating her light rune to burn another demon into ash.

"Fia?!" Kay stopped dead in her tracks, ducking down seeing her daughter fighting demons.

Cal took the stuff with a nod, tucking it away in one of the storerooms, along with her coat and boots. She trained best barefoot. And with the perpetual covering of ash and soot on the forge floor, it helped her to connect to her powers. Not that she really needed to do such a thing, they were powerful enough without needing such a boost. Mainly in the forge she just let it loose on the walls (when she was angry) or practiced intricate sequences of kata over and over again, until they were second nature to her. Recently she'd started practicing blindfolded, for the challenege and the danger. But with Kay around, maybe not a good idea.

Her starting move was always to light the two torches on either side of the room in a really showy offy way, even when alone. Extinguishing her hands, she flipped herself into a handstand pose, spring upwards from that into the triple backflip that the high ceiling allowed and at the apex of her spin, shot two blobs of flame in opposite directions. Each reached its target with practiced accuracy. "Old tradition" Cal explained, apologetic for showing off in such a way.

Seeing the oncoming horde, Cliff made two calls. First she fired two arrows into the walls at each end of the alley way. The four joined up to form a force field that should (in theory) keep the demons in. The second was that she had been completly justified in bringing copious quantities of arrows. The ice didn't do as much damage as she hoped, but it did burst eyeballs impairing vision. She sent another barrage of ice, this time aiming it at the eyes, ears and feet, to pin them to the ground. This type of fight was where Jay shone. She used her abilities to latch on to the movement of the demons, her strikes instinctively finding their way through the guards and the weak spots. She was fighting with two long bladed daggers, using her parkour skill to flip above the demons, and smash down on heads, wrapping her legs around their necks in choke holds. John had a feeling that she had used moves like this on Elliott at some point or another.

John put his focus on closing the portal itself. They seemed to have things handled down below. Even if Fia had gone totally off plan and jumped off a building with rune assisted agility. So much for staying under the radar. He was still gonna try though, his kid would be in enough shit, without reavaling how she'd time travelled for help. He took his stance on the rooftop, and drew the knife across the skin of each hand, leaving a single diagonal line. He began to chant, feeling the power surge through him. Divine energy was needed to close this kind of portal, so that's what he was channeling. His eyes glowed white and his blood seemed to turn gold as the power built within him.

Kay watched Cal's actions, not even phases she went barefoot. It was like part of her just understood it, without needing an explanation to be given. She then watched as Cal went full on extra for lighting the two torches. Kay had to admit, she was impressed, even if it was totally over the top. "No need to apologise, it was pretty cool" Kay said with a smile.

Fia let Jay take down the first lot of the horde that came out the portal, and any that got past her, Fia fought. If she didn't use a light rune, she pulled out her own daggers that she previously checked over when alone with past Kay in Cal's apartment. Using her skills that her family taught her, and from her other hobby, she managed to stop any of them from reaching this time's Kay. "Little half blood bitch!" Came a sneer, which just made Fia smirk. "Really? So not original" she spoke back, running up to the demon, darting to the wall into a wall run and as she leapt off of it, she span to shove her blade right through the demon, which disingerated it. She landed on her feet. Looking up she noticed John focusing on closing the portal.

"Yeah it is." Cal agreed with a smile, knowing how impressive it looked. Opening with something impressive and complex always put the fear into people at competitions or practice. "It took me months to get it right, and now it's kind of a trademark thing for whenever I train here." She tied back her black hair into a low ponytail. "Anything in particular you want to do here?"

Cliff took the outliers, the ones who tried to get around Jay and Fia, and there were those who tried. From her sniper position she was ruthless. Her accuracy was near perfect with the bow, and she'd launch large blobs of ice to anchor the demons to the walls and the ground which made them easier targets. She'd stuck to the regular arrows, but seeing the effect light had on then gave her an idea. "Once it's closed blast ball!" She yelled, directing the reamark at Jay. The blue haired woman was a stone cold killer no doubt about it, but there was an elegance and flow to her movements. Her blades were flying from her hands, into bodies and back to her hands again. She was fast enough to grab and yank out her blades before the bodies touched the ground. Jay had been holding back against Elliott, her unhuman speed and syncer skills made her a force to be reckoned with, she was a blur in the alleyway, leaping off the walls and on one occasion the forcefield itself. She'd activated the shield armour Elliott had given her, and it could be seen sparking into visibility upon any impact. She flashed a thumbs up to Cliff, knowing exeactly what she meant.

John meanwhile has summoned enough energy to close the portal. It beagn to coalesce in front of his palms. Taking his stance he made the somatic forms, smooth and practiced. He'd rolled up his sleeves, revealing the matching forearm tattoos. He brought the two together, now that they were activated it was like putting to of the same magnet poles together. The patterns matched and the giant ray of divine energy shot from his forearms and at the portal. He began to manipulate the strands from his points, cutting off the portal from its source in the Void, then sealing the end on their side.

Kay smiled at Cal's response. "I always say, if you got it, flaunt it...well, I never said that, my sister Sam did. But it still applies" Kay replied with a smirk. When she was asked what she wanted to do, she literally had no idea. "To be honest, no clue. I just need to focus on something, anything you could recommend or wanna see from me?" Kay replied.

Fia may not have been as fast or flashy as Jay, but the way she moved it was obvious in her time from when she was quite young, Elliott and John both trained her from the mix of her blade skills and mage skills being combined together. Though she did have this flare that was unique to her. She noted how John had begun to close the portal and she knew they were in the last stretch of actually succeeding. She was getting a win for once in her life and she was spurred on with that realisation. Though she knew she couldn't relax just yet. She just needed to hold off the remaining few demons so John could finish closing the portal. When Cliff shouted down to Jay, she didn't know what she meant, but she trusted the two of them.

Kay was still in hiding, deciding that yes she could have fought but Fia along with something or someone else was handling it. There was no way this was only Fia's doing. She hated seeing her daughter be in battle, but she was also so proud of her at the same time. Own thing she did know, was she was going to have serious words with her though when this was over.

"I'd happily debate the pros and cons of that statement, but it is not really the point" and she would, given half a chance. The next question made her think. What did she want to see? The short answer was everything. "As of now, there's nothing in particular springing to mind. But to keep your mind off thinking, I can recommend two things, teaching you some basic metalwork or teaching you combat techniques and self defence specifically designed for pyrokinetic. There's only so far a natural affinity with fire can get you, it needs to become both a weapon and a shield."

The portal was fully sealed, permanently too and so the energy stream diminished, and John turned back to normal, the cuts on his palms healing over by themselves. A handy side effect of channeling divine energy. He could see Elliott's training in her, alongside his which was perplexing, just how big was the gap between Fia and Rinaa. Unless things were somehow different here. Either way, his kid was damn impressive. "Mark!" Jay yelled, indicating to Cliff that she was ready, and which demon was her chosen target. She was gesturing at one of the smaller ones, about half her size. "Ten and mark. Eyes and ears!" Cliff shouted, the internal warning that something was going to explode and would do serious damage, skewering the chosen demon through the stomach with her arrow. The tip was designed with special hooks that latched inside the body. The shaft was wider than that of a normal arrow and buried halfway onto the demon's abdomen.

Jay then grabbed hold of the demon and spun, arms outstretched as if she was throwing hammer (a sport she did compete in). As she spun she went through the hammer throwing footwork and counted, letting go on seven. The demon arced upwards. At the apex of the curve, the body exploded with brilliant white light. It had been a magnesium bomb that had been incorporated into that particular arrow. It would temporarily blind anybody stupid enough to look directly at it, both Cliff and Jay had pre-emptively covered their eyes. The blast rained down burning pieces of demon as the brilliant afterglow died away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back