• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay nodded at John's addition to them talking about Cal's decision to stay behind. No one in their right mind would hold her decision against her. "Agreed, we owe them both a lot" Kay said simply. It was something to even let Kay stay at the apartment when a few of the group went off. It was something that Kay appreciated a lot, that she decided she'd have to do something nice for them if she could.

Fia just smirked and chuckled at the second Chas comment. Chas was liked by everyone so if there was second Chas around it'd be welcomed for sure. Then came the question that only John could ask, which made Fia laugh. Of all the things he could have asked, she wasn't fully expecting that, "Yeah, they are. They'd never change" she answered him. There wasn't much in depth details she could give him, other than that. Fia started tapping her foot without realising as she waited for the rest of their group to arrive, and as she did so, she pulled out a stylus she enchanted, twiddling it between her fingers. Like with most things, she customised it with hot glue of all things, to make random swirls round it so it had extra grip.

John could tell the question caught her by surprise, yet was the exact kind of crap she'd expect him to ask. Why would he focus on the more important things, when he could take the mick out of the League with his own personal snark? Later he'd realise there were a million or so other things he could have asked, but thta he'd been the first thing to enter his mind. The answer Fia provided made perfect sense. Of course they hadn't changed, sure the names and faces probabaly had and no doubt somebody had died, been resurrected, turned to the dark side, turned to the good side or passed on their mantle to somebody else. It was just how those hero types rolled. He threw his eyeballs skywards. "Somehow that doesn't surprise me in the slightest." He didn't need to say what he was thinking, but it was fully evident that the ending of that sentences was something along the lines of "arseholes!"

Not soon after he finished speaking, the rest of the group materialised. Quite literally. Rinaa had teleported herself, Jay and Elliott to the forge for further discussions. With the decision made, she simply teleported them to Cal's apartment. This want just for fun, there was a practical element to this exercise too. She had given Jay the crash course on how to operate the device, both for space, and for time travel. She didn't entirely trusting Fia's method for reliability. Everybody had arrived at once, even Chas and Dan. Jay headed for her bags to select her weapons, while Cliff headed for the bows and arrows. She'd had a backpack specially commissioned to carry the quivers and compound folding bow in.

Both Kay and Fia smirked at John's reaction to the news of the League not changing at all. It wasn't surprising news to Kay either, and something told her, for Fia to know that information, either future John had many rants about them or they knew of Fia and Kay by that point.

Kay then turned round to where the rest of the guys materialised in. She was surprised to see Dan from the forge with them. Fia saw them all gear up with what they needed, her still already having everything she'd need on her. Seeing who was hearing up, she noted how Rinaa wasn't going along and she was quite thankful for it. She didn't fully trust Rinaa even if her combat skills were admired by Fia. Something she would never admit to, she preferred to keep the competitiveness between them alive.

"When you're ready let me know, and I'll send us to my time. Like probably discussed, we still don't know where mum is, so we need to start from where she was taken from and see if any of you pick up on clues I haven't or future John has. We've tried all over London and zilch, so something tells me they've either got her somewhere cloaked that my level of de-cloaking spells won't break or they've taken her onto another plain entirely" Fia explained, really hoping it wasn't the latter. She was a high level mage, due to being a fast learner from John's teachings, but the newer the runes, the less powerful they were.

There was a few things that the two Rinaas had in common, the one in Fia's timeline, and the one standing in front of her. One such thing was that they had both been given the armour pendant that Elliott wore. And they never took it off, the armour lying dormant, to be activated with a simple touch. Rinaa wasn't a mage, or at least, as far as everybody knew, she wasn't. She'd never shown any signs of having her father's affinity, something that annoyed her greatly, considering just how proficient Fia was. It was a thorn in her side, but she'd made her peace with it, and instead accompanied Chas on strategically splattering brains out with shotguns, or using the Isogrii skills her mother thought her.

But the teenager removed the necklace now, pulling it up from under her shirt, and handing it to Cliff. Elliott recognised it, and his hand went to his neck, to check that he had his own, and that Rinaa handy somehow nicked it from him. He did have it. "Take this, it's only wasted on me since I'm staying here. You do this" she demonstrated the gesture "to activate, it'll protect you without hindering those ridiculously badass skills Cal thinks are extremly attractive." "Guilty as charged" Cal agreed, earning an eye roll from Dan.

"I got an idea for that that should work." Jay replied. "I doubt demons know how to cloak for Isogrii meddling. And I'm pretty sure it works over other plains too, it's never really had any proper limits before." Amongst the stuff she was taking was a vial of Omega inhibitor. She didn't know what it would be useful for, but she was taking it anyway.

Fia watched as they continued to get ready, and recognised her brother's pendant on Rinaa straight away. Though she never recalled Rinaa willingly giving it to someone else to help them before. Her attention turned to Jay when she replies about the tracking and possible cloaking. Nodding in response, she took on board what Jay said, trusting her completely. She liked Jay, as she made Elliott happy in her time. Though she was that typical little sister when she was younger towards her, pulling pranks on Jay to test her to see if in her mind, she was worthy of Elliott. It soon showed, she was worthy and liked Jay fully.

"Okay, sonic we're all ready? Let's go" Fia said not wanting to waste anymore time. This was the point now that Kay got anxious, "Come back safe please" she said, aiming it more towards John and Fia, but she did mean it for everyone. "We will mum" Fia replied, before she uses her stylus to draw a swirl design in the air, golden embers followed the stylus which she affectionately dubbed her stele, when the rune was completed, she used her hand to twist it into a circular shape and push it forward, for it to open up the portal. Kay watched on amazed at her future daughter's skill, knowing she totally learned that from one of John's many books.

"I'll go last so it doesn't close behind me, it'll drop you at the side street she was taken, I'll be right behind
" Fia explained.

Attachments

• original_1156828822587022.gif
    original_1156828822587022.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • c1fbd5e2083fde18a3a95b7b8580f87bc7b41638_hq.gif
    c1fbd5e2083fde18a3a95b7b8580f87bc7b41638_hq.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Cliff pulled on her backpack, and grabbed both a spare pair of hearing aids and spare batteries. Her current pair were bound to fall out, or break down at inconvenient moments, as they always did. It's like they somehow knew when was the most inconvenient time. She had quite a few embarrassing stories about times they'd fallen out. The pair she grabbed were the so called 'combat pair' and they didn't tend to fall out when she was flipping and fighting, instead they turned off for no good reason. Maybe one day Deke would get it right, but until then she'd struggle on. Before she joined the group, she kissed Cal goodbye. It would be a while before they'd see each other again.

Jay had her own goodbyes to say. One to Rinaa telling her not to let Elliott do anything stupid, and one to Elliott driving home the point that he wasn't allowed to go and die or get arrested or break into any secret facilities until she got back. A typical Jay warning, John could tell, even if he'd never been present at their parting of ways before. Then came two things he wasn't expecting. The first was Jay leaning in and quickly kissing Elliott goodbye. The expression of undisguised shock and embarrassment on his face was hilarious, and there were a lot of repressed laughter and grins at that. John somehow managed to get a picture of it, by pure instinct.

The second was his daughters portallimh skills. Presumably something he'd taught her, or one of his books had taught her. He recognised the process and the sigils created. So his kid had his talent. They all piled through the portal, re-emerging in the familiar streets of his home city.

Kay smiled when the couple's said their goodbyes, and quietly giggled at Elliott's reaction to Jay giving him a kiss goodbye. It was quite something and when she noticed John managing to catch it on camera, she was glad one of them did. She watched them all walk through the portal and when John went through, and finally Fia she sighed with anxiety as the portal closed behind Fia. She found herself running her fingers over where the bond sigil laid under the skin on her wrist. This was going to agony waiting, but at least she wasn't alone.

Fia was the last to go through and joined the other in London at the starting point to find her timeline Kay. She was now on familiar ground in her year. "It happened about twenty yards up ahead." She explained to everyone whilst walking ahead and stopping where there was visible scorch marks on the concrete. It was clear Kay didn't go without a fight, which always brought some relief to Fia. That her mother still went fighting. "Ground zero" she said, it being obvious she still felt uncomfortable coming here as it brought back too much from all the times she had been here to stop it from happening. "Any of you think you can get anything from the scorch marks?" Fia asked.

Elliott was half tempted to throw himself through the portal at the last minute, but by the time he had comprehended what had happened the portal was long closed. Rinaa smirked, even though this was immensely weird for her. "Bet you're wishing you didn't tell her to go." Elliott shrugged and responded with something in Attili, a statement and a question. Rinaa answered both, the first part clearly a sarcastic quip, but the answer was a serious one. Cal smirked and walked over, clapping a hand on his shoulder." You have a lot of explaining to do Qui, and then back to prison." Elliott went to protest, but Cal cut him off. "Deke should have been off shift hours ago, I already owe him enough as it is, but first, introductions." She'd been putting off introducing her brother to Dan for one reason in particular.

For the future it didn't look too different from normal, at least in John's perspective. Evidently humanity hadn't been wiped out by a runaway way greenhouse effect, nucleur armegedon or Rogue villains and heroes. He could see the scorch marks, and knew they meant a fight had taken place. He could sense Fia's uncomfortability with the place, which was understandable. Cliff's first priority was to switch out the hearing aids, swapping her trademark purple ones for the sleek silver versions. Jay got straight down to business, scrutinising the burn marks, not sure what exactly she was looking for. Her eyebrows crinkled at something. "That depends, is this blood? And if so, is it Kay's?" She indicated at a particular part of the scorch marks that were discoloured, Cliff leaned over her shoulder.

Kay couldn't even focus on the conversation between Rinaa and Elliott. Or even acknowledge that he was debating on throwing himself through the portal at last second. She tried to stay calm, telling herself that they had been gone for mere moments and they'd be alright. She just managed to phase out Cal and Elliott completely. Taking her boots off, she curled up on the sofa in a corner, just curling herself up into a ball. She hadn't even been this nervous when John and Chas went off on their annual demon hunt that one time.

Fia watched as Jay scrutinized the scorch marks whilst noticing Cliff change her hearing aids out. When Jay asked her if it's blood and if it was Kay's, she thought back to the scene she had witnessed time and time again and played it back in her mind. "Uhh..yeah..yeah it is. She fought but they still overpowered her, hit to the head did it..then disappeared before I could reach her" Fia explained, not sure how John was gonna take the information at all. She still felt guilty for the numerous times she attempted to stop it, which was evident in her tone. "The scorch marks are also hers" Fia added.

Cal figured now was as good a time as any to get the introductions over with. "Qui, this is Dan, the blacksmith who basically adopted me. Dan, this is my younger brother." The two took in the other, there was a lot riding on this meeting going well. Chas left the three of them and their fast paced Attili conversation and sat himself on the couch beside Kay. " How'r you dealing with all this?"

Even if the circumstances for the blood getting there were awful, it was a good thing for Jay. She needed physical contact with an item of the person's or a part of them to make the link. It should be easier because she'd made a link with Kay before, so it would just be a matter of locating and re-establishing it. "I need something physical, objects usually are best, but blood is particularly potent for this kind of stuff. So I should be able to make a link through the blood here. And since I've linked to Kay's mind before, the connection is still there lying dormant, all thag needs to be done is to activate it. And this time'll be easier." The last part was directed at John, who she knew had been present the last time, she'd been inside Kay head.

Kay glanced to her side when she felt someone sit on the couch next to her, and saw it was Chas. "If I said fantastically would you believe me?" She replied, knowing damn well that was a massive lie that not even she believed, so how she could make Chas believe it? "To be honest I'm bloody full of various feelings. I'm still trying to acknowledge I just met my daughter in the flesh whilst still carrying her...it's weird. Then there's the whole, she's clearly taken to John's mage side insanely well, and then she's back because I've been taken? I can't even wrap my head around that, let alone feeling scared and worried about that lot going after me and what they possibly gonna find" she admitted to Chas, feeling like she could open up to him.

Fia listened to her explanation for asking if it's Kay's blood and nodded, finding it made sense to her. She didn't know that Jay had been inside Kay's mind before as it was one story she was never told. "Makes sense" Fia replied, whilst out of habit keeping an eye out for their surroundings incase her actions cause anything to try and sneak up on them, though she doubted it would happen, she was still naturally suspicious. "Hopefully you'll get something, I've tried using my clairvoyance rune and spell to no avail" she explained. "If it doesn't work, I have her necklace she handed down to me" Fia said, pulling it out from under her vest.

"As much as we'd all want that to be the answer, I wouldn't at all." Chas listened as she spoke through all the insecurities and confusion she felt over everything that was happening. Her feelings were totally justified. Her life had been totally screwed over in the course of the past few days. "I wish I could just dispense the answers on how to cope with all this...everything." He really did, but all he could do was sit there and try to reassure her that everything would be alright. "I don't even understand how the universe hasn't imploded yet because of this. Everything you feel is justified, it shows you're actually trying to cope with everything, as opposed to shutting it out. But at least, if anything, it proves she grows up safe, and doesn't turn out to be the absolute screw-up John's fearing she would be."

"I'll try the blood first, see if that's enough to restart it, and if that doesn't work, then the necklace should be potent enough to do the trick."
And she meant every word, her gifts had never failed her yet. That's why she'd spent all those years perfecting them. She didn't use her syncer side often, it felt like cheating, to just be able to lock onto somebody's mannerisms done to the last micromovements, to be able to lock onto their fighting pattern and exploit every weakness. And she could also kick people out of control of their bodies, so she could take it over for her own purposes (often nefarious). She wasn't proud of what she'd done with her power, and knew in the wrong hands it could be a force for all kinds of evil.

She pulled off the hoodie, and passed it to Cliff. "Hold onto this, yeah? And don't pull me out unless it's urgent." Jay carefully placed the palm of her hand against the wall centering it on the blood stain. Her eyes closed and her breathing complexly slowed, her body relaxed as she send out the feelers of her consciousness into the void. She couldn't see where anybody was when she was searching, she just got drawn to him. The blood began to swirl around her hand, as John and Cliff watched on. If Kay was out there, she would latch on.

Kay knew it wouldn't believed, but her usual sass would always be the first call. She listened what to Chas said back to her after hearing her out. She always felt she rambled at times like these but when Chas kept up with what she said and manager to reply to everything she didn't feel so bad about the ramble. She listened to what he said about Fia and nodded, though she didn't fully know that John had that worry about Fia's upbringing. "He's been fearing that?" She asked.

Fia just nodded to Jay's reply and then proceeded to stay out of the way, standing near John in the process. She watched as Jay took her hoodie off, handing it to Cliff before placing her hand on the wall and began to make the connection. She was itching to find her mother but knew things like this took a little bit of time sometimes. She remained quiet so not to disturb Jay, feeling like this was her last chance to successfully find Kay.

Kay didn't know where the hell she was. Her vision was blurry and it felt dark. She didn't even know how long she'd been cooped up in this hellhole for. Her body hurt...alot. the iron was burning her arms and legs and she felt weak. Too weak. Her face was tear stained and almost grey in colour. She felt like she was being drained.

"He's never explicitly said it to either of us, but I've known him long enough to figure out what's going on in that head of his sometimes." It was actually a lot more than sometimes, but again, Chas wasn't one to boast. In his mind, he wasn't a psychology major, so he couldn't claim any expertise in the field. "It was the same with Elliott. He didn't want the kid getting adopted by the wrong people, those who'd abuse him, or his abilities, or worse, try to stifle them. But he also didn't want to be such a complete failure as a parent that Elliott would turn out like him, or worse." He sighed, trying to think how to best phrase his next bit.

"Despite how he acts, John has this deep self hatred of himself as a person and a complex that causes him to blame himself for everything. He thinks that by merely touching somebody, he's irrevocably sentenced them to Hell. He's always had it, but when it comes to kids, it's a million times worse. It's partially due to his own upbringing, and partially to do with other stuff. You've seen how he's still unsure if he's done right by Elliott, who he's only had influence on for about half of Ell's life. But the idea of being the parental influence from the very beginning? If I was to guess, I'd say it scares him more than any demon or any death."

The blood swirled sedately around as Jay reached outwards. John was picking at the isde of his thumb as he watched. Not sure if his nervousness was purely his own or if he was somehow picking up on Fia's too. Jay's mind made the connection, and everybody could tell it happened by the sharp intake of breath. Her face greyed as she felt Kay's emotional surge wash over her. She could feel the pain, as if it was her own. Or more precisely, with their minds now linked, she experienced half of everything Kay did physically and mentally. But in order to actually see, she needed to be able to communicate. "Kay, you there?"

Kay listened to him and what he had to say. She trusted whatever Chas had to say, especially if it was about John. He beat knew John after all. She knew John had deep hatred for himself, she knew it from the nights he'd opened up to her about his own father and Ravenscar. As for kids, she remembered about him crying out the name Astra. "Makes sense. I should have guessed from him being so quick to put us all under house arrest" she smirked ever so slightly.

Fia watched and when Jay made the connection, she noticed the change in breathing and how Jay was turning grey in skin tone. That couldn't be good, as she tensed up.
Kay heard the familiar sound of Jay's voice and she thought for a brief moment she was imagining things, that her pain and weak status was making her imagine Jay talking to her. "J..jay?" She asked, her voice weak, course and feeble. She looked around but didn't see her, so she knew of she wasnt imagining this, Jay was using her abilities to communicate, which gave her hope that her family had found a way to get to her.

"Not exactly, that particular willingness stems from a total different one of his fears- his fear of losing people close to him, but that's another kettle of fish entirely." Chas explained, having no idea exactly how much of John's past Kay knew about. "It's his way of trying to deal with the whole entirety of Hell, the Downworld and any other celestial with nefarious intentions and ulterior motives beyond those of their status being after both of you more so than usual shebang. We lost a good friend, actually more than one if Spectre counts, to those kinds recently enough."

The call had been a shot in the dark, quite literally. But it proved that was in enough of state to be able to communicate with her. When Kay's voice sounded in Jay's head, the blood started to swirl violently, a sure sign that something was happening. "Yeah, it's me." she replied. It would have been impossible to tell the difference between this times Jay and past Jay. So the best thing to do was to confirm nothing and let Kay assume what was best. "I'm so sorry it took us so long to get our shit together, the others have been trying to get to you by other means, but where-ever you are, they can't penetrate easily, or at all. So the two important questions, any idea where you are? And any idea what they are doing to you?" There was no other way than to be blunt, beating about the Bush wouldn't get answers.

Kay listened to Chas. She remembered John telling her he'd lost people close to him before. She remembered that night like it was yesterday when they were having their discussion on the couch and he shot her down flatly. "He's told me he's lost people he's cared about. Pretty much was the first time I uncoded his actions and words to find out he cared about me. Even if he tried to deny it by not saying anything. It's why I'm not fighting him on the decision. Sure, he knows I'm not too happy about it but Fia comes first above everything" she replied.

Fia watched intently and seeing her mother's blood swirl more violently, she knew something was happening. She tensed up watching, biting her nails. This was the closest she had ever gotten to getting clues about where Kay was.

Kay listened to Jay's reply, hearing a familiar voice was overwhelming to her. When she got asked two questions she was expecting to her hear from Jay. "I don't know where I am...at all...but they're draining me, literally. I'm in an iron cage and shackled head to toe in iron. It burns so much..." She explained, the last bit her already weak voice was cracking and getting quieter, as tears pricked at her eyes once more. The shackles round her neck, wrists and ankles glow a burning hot red if she tries to move, scorching her skin. She just wanted her family. She didn't know how many more days she could take being like this, it was literally killing her slowly.

"He's lost a lot of people, including those he didn't or never had cared about. Occupational hazard as a mage, but when you're the kind of mage John is, it is only a matter of time before somebody tries to exploit him through those he cares about. Which is why he kept Elliott a secret from everybody, as well as having his sister and his niece change their names. He didn't want anybody using her to hurt him. If I didn't have this limited immortality, he'd be trying to keep me out of it as much as possible." Chas knew it was true. The immortality meant that he wouldn't loose Chas, or, least he wouldn't until he'd used up all 49 lives. "And your right on the last part too, even if it's happening in a totally messed up way."

It was obvious just how much all this was affecting Kay, Jay could feel it, both physically and mentally. She could feel the draining. Which meant they had to get her out of there pretty much that instant. Or as soon as possible. Sh eciuld only think of two ways to do this, one way to somehow find Kay's location, then get there, then find her which could take forever. Or the other option, which was immensely painful and stupidly dangerous, and mighn't even work. "Ah shit...right I have two ideas, I'm going to try and patch part of your consciousness into my body for a quick bit, so you, I and the others can try figure something out, cos right now they can't hear a thing. Just a warning, it'll be audio only, you won't actually get to see them."

She then relayed this plan out loud to the others. "Don't freak out, but I'm gonna let Kay talk through me for a bit so we can try figure something out, she can't see you guys though." The control switch was sudden, Jay had just transplanted part of Kay's consciousness into her shell body.

Kay, though not necessarily told about why he kept Elliott a secret, she managed to figure that all out for herself. The actions like this was one of the things that made her drawn to him, despite the bond. She saw a whole different side to him that wasn't the asshole mage trying his best to keep everyone away. She saw a caring side to him that she knew not everyone saw. His actions truly conveyed a thousand words to her. She nodded at Chas' words. Honestly, talking with him about John did help calm her slightly, but not a lot. "I figured that was the case. We've had a few talks and I've managed to fill in the gaps for myself..." She replied to him.

Kay listened to what Jay said and suggested about doing to help them all out. Hearing she was with others have Kay hope that John was with her. "Okay", she replied to Jay simply.

Fia listened when Jay said what she was going to do and she was terrified to hear her mother, not knowing what state she was going to be in. Yet all she wants is her mother. She didn't get a chance to prepare herself for the switch over when Jay patched Kay through straight away. Kay felt the change, even though she was aware she was still trapped and alone. "John?" She asked, her tone scared, fragile and it's obvious she's been crying and in pain. Fia didn't know how to response hearing her mother's voice through Jay.

"Of course there is one person in the League who we're fairly certain knows about Elliott's existance. Not the whole story, but that he's John's kid. And we're sure he'll keep his trap shut about it. The last thing anybody wants is a pissed off John Constantine throwing everything he can at them with no mercy." Chas would expect no less of John to say some deep emotional pain that he suffered, while somehow leaving crucial gaps for the list beer to antagonise over, not wanting to push harder incase it brought any more trauma to the surface.

John was totally weirded out by Kay's voice coming through Jay. The blue haired woman had not given them much warning, which he supposed was probably the point, the more they thought about it, the more they'd over think. Kay couldn't see them, which was deliberate on Jay's part, she could easily have patched Kay into her eyes. But calling in the time travelling cavalry was maybe not something Kay should be exposed to in her current state of everything. Kay sounded dreadful, and he could only imagine that what was going on at her end was horrific. "Yeah, I'm here, Fia's here too." He couldn't think of anything else to say in response.

"well after the bollocking he gave them for sending Ell back here, I'm pretty sure they all know now" Kay replied to Chas. "I can't help but wonder what they'd think if they found out about Fia" she said. She could only imagine how'd they react to find out not only does John have an adopted alien son but also a blood daughter that's half phoenix. "Could you imagine their faces of they found out he has a daughter that's half him and half phoenix?"

"Fia...baby...you need to stay out of this" Kay said. "Like hell I am! If it wasn't for me this lot wouldnt have banded together. Mum you need to tell us information on how to find you" Fia replied, concern and stubbornness in her voice. She sounded like John in that simple reply. "I..I don't know...Jay says she has two ideas but I don't know what...I just out of here.. it burns so much.." she tells them all. With that information Fia instantly glances at John... If she's being burned then it only means one thing. "Dad..they've got her in iron..." Fia comments.

"Oh they most definitly do now. There's going to be such repercussions when he gets back." Chas strayed laugh at Kay's next comment. He really could imagine it, and his mental image was priceless. He could see how wide eyed they'd go and that their jaws would basically plummet from the Watchtower, carving holes through the Earth in shock. Espescially the few mages who worked full time with the League. The Justice League Dark however would take it better. They were the mages after all, and this was their territory. Though there would be shock among them, espescially at John actually being capable of having a stable relationship, yet alone a biological child. "Oh I totally can. I'm kind of wanting to see that now,even though it's better to stay out of the League's radar. I've only been the faceless cabbie to them, and I have no intention of getting tangled up any further. But it would be fucking glorious."

Of course they had her in iron. It was something he'd been fearing. "Yeah kiddo, I'd feared they would." He replied, running a hand through his hair, before directing his next comment at Kay. "I'm with Fia on this, without her, we wouldn't have though of using to Jay to make contact, and there's more important matters than that at stake here." "Cliff, as the medical expert, iron is the only thing that can hurt Pheonixes seriously." Jay butted in, in her own voice this time. She knew Cliff wouldn't know this, and as the qualified doctor, it was extremly important information. "Got it, thanks." She replied, with a sign, not that Jay could see it or understand it. She just habitually lapsed into sign instead of talking. "Jay, you have plans?" It wasn't a statement or a question from John, but a mix of both.

"I have two ideas, one is fast, and hella dangerous, the other is longer time wise, and safer. But either way we need to get a location, without that, we're kinda screwed. Don't suppose you can somehow track my consciousness and get a location from that, like tracking a phone, but with my consciousness instead?"

Seeing Chas sort of laugh at her comment about the League and Fia, she had to smile slightly herself. It was an amusing thought, especially as none of them knew about her. Even when Bruce Wayne 'visited' she was in hiding with Elliott. Hearing his reply was just as amusing to her, "me too, it's be so satisfying to see their faces drop" she replied.

The idea of Kay spending three weeks in iron was terrifying to Fia. How Kay even is still going and coherent after this length of time was astonishing to her. When Jay mentioned to Cliff the significance of iron, she had to add "not just hurt them...us..its the only thing that I can kill us for good". Something she didn't want to think about. Kay knew if John was on the side of Fia then it must have been true. They were always closer than her and Fia, so she had to trust it.

As Jay said about two ideas, Fia spoke up. "I might be able to with help to give me a power boost. I have a rune for tracking but on my own it's never worked, I'm thinking with extra power put behind it and linking with you, it might work." Fia explained, as she pulled up her sleeve as it had thumb holes so hid the palms of her hands, she revealed a tracking rune on the back of her hand.

Attachments

• 3000.jpg
    3000.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1
"And obviously take the footage for blackmail purposes. Or just to laugh at in our spare time one night when we're all feeling down." He smirked at the idea, somebody should really hack into the Watchtower and compose a gag reel of sorts of training exercises gone wrong and arguements between heroes in the hall of justice. He would willingly pay for such a thing to be done.

"So note to self, don't accidently hit you guys with the iron-tipped armour piercing arrows them."
It was a serious statement, she was in no way taking the mick. She genuinely possesed such arrows. Jay's eyes opened, and she took in the rune, she understood what it meant, even without being told. She could read many runic scripts, but she wasn't a mage, so she couldn't use them. "You could..... in theory modify the rune to work specifically for haemokinetic tracking to ensure it'll work. There's not much difference between the two runes thankfully. But I'm no mage, far, far from it, so this could all be shit talk."

John shook his head,dismissing Jay's last statement. "You're onto something with that. Blood is one of the strongest connections there is. I can definitly provide enough power to get the rune working." "And I can watch your backs on this."

"would there be any point in shocking them senseless if there wasn't footage?" Kay smirked back. It was one opinion she was always adamant non. If you're gonna purposely shock or surprise someone, and you know the reaction would be classic, you ALWAYS take video evidence of such a moment.

"Definitely not, I'm only half phoenix but it's still a weakness to even me, but mum is more vulnerable than myself
" Fia replied to Cliff, being able to tell she was serious and not taking the piss. She turned her attention back to Jay when she spoke about her tracking rune idea. When John spoke up dismissing Jay's last statement, she knew she was onto something. "Then let's do this" Fia decided she was determined to give it a try, especially if John could give her the extra power she needed. She pulled out her stele ready to trace it over the rune to activate it.

Kay where she was could hear demons coming back towards her, and the panic set in once more. She cowered into a corner, being careful to not touch the cage's sides, but being burned by her shackles in the process causing her to whimper in pain. "Please hurry" she cried, not even sure if the link was still open or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back