• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay's exclamation at finding the hot sauce was completly over the top (In John's totally humble opinion). He decided to stay out of the way, leaning against the counter and thinking. He was really craving a cigarette, but he didn't need to be told by anybody that lighting a fire in a small enclosed capsule with only the wall separating him from the void of space was an extremely bad idea. He had seen The Martian after all.

He shrugged at the thanks "eh, no big deal"

Kay decided whilst the whole thing was simmering that she'd look for bowls or plates to serve it all up on when it was ready. She could see John was clearly thinking and his reply to her thanks didn't surprise her that was so casual. Of course he wouldn't think it was a big deal, and it wasn't but she wasn't going to let her manners slip just because it was John.

Eventually she found bowls she could use and pulled them out of the cupboard walking back to the countertop and put them down. She then she lifted the lids to check on both the chilli and the rice. Getting a little spoon, she did a test taste. She personally thought it definitely could do a kick, but she wanted a second opinion. Luckily for her she had John to use a test rat. "John, try this for me will ya? I think it need a kick but I want a second opinion" she told him.

John took a sample, it was already good, he'd happily eat it if it was served to him, and he had no doubt that the others would too. But he also agreed with Kay, a kick of something would do it the world (... well worlds would probably be more apt) of good. If it was being offered, it might as well be done. "I agree, it definitely needs a little extra something"

She waited for him to try it. She had no idea why but she was always slightly nervous when it came to people trying her food. It's not that she had no faith in her ability to cook, she was just too used to it it being her.

When he agreed she nodded and grabbed the hot sauce. She put in a couple of tablespoons of it in and mixed it, before trying it again. "Now that hits the spot!" She grinned, letting John try it again to see if he agrees. "If you agree feel free to call the others and I can serve it up." She said to him.

John tried it again and nodded his approval, the hot sauce was an excellent improvement. He once again yelled up at Chas and Jay, but this time in Elliott's native language. Chas responded with an insult, but John knew from the tone that the cabbie was only joking and just needed an excuse to show off the new language skills he was slowly starting to gain.

The three made their way back to the kitchen area, Jay not bothering to take a seat and instead leaned against the wall.

Kay was glad she hadn't lost her touch. She served up four bowls of the meal whilst he went and called up to the other two. As they came down she handed them each a bowl before taking one for herself lastly. Instead of sitting at the table, she sat on it.

It had been a while since she last chilli but she was proud of the outcome. The coolness of the rice worked perfectly with the kick of the hot chilli. "So how's the learning a new language comic along Chas?" She asked, deciding to start some kind of conversation.

John stretched his legs onto one of the unused chairs. Jay leant against the wall with her bowl. Which meant Chas was the only one of them sitting properly. "Better than I expected. It's like any other language really, it's got the hard bits and the easy bits, but luckily it seems that there very little regional variety in terms of accents on Attil." He replied. Jay smirked before replying "He can talk himself into a fight, but he can't talk himself out of one...yet"

Kay looked at Chas when he spoke out of politeness. She was genuinely interested in hearing what he had to say as well. She found it cool he could pick up an alien language quickly. When Jay added about the fight thing she chuckled.

"It's a start I guess!" She laughed in between mouthfuls of food. She always envied people who could learn languages and learn them easily. It was one thing she always wanted to do however. She just never found the time to do it, as all her time was spent in university studying her art, secretly dancing to emotions out, or playing piano and singing. Then in recent years hiding from demons.

"I'll talk you out of it mate" John smirked "Hells no, you'd only make it worse" Chas shot back, making the corners of Jay's mouth turn up in a half smile at the barb and the liklihood of it being the truth. She was still slumped the wall, her posture relaxed and something from it suggested to John that this was her way of being comfortable while eating.

"He's also proving quite the pilot, most definitely a natural. If the circumstances were different I'd be trying to get him into a pilot course of some sort." as she spoke a thought came over her, a crazy theory she would keep to herself. For now.

Kay chuckled at Chas' reaction to John saying he'd talk him out of a fight. She had to admit she did side with Chas on this one but she wouldn't say it out loud. She was after all meant to be on John's side here in life.

She too noticed how Jay was against the wall whilst eating and all she thought was 'as long as she's comfortable around us then that's all that matters'. Hearing that Chas was a natural at piloting didn't surprise her. From what she knew of Chas she figured him to be like her in the sense of being a quick learner.

She continued to finish her food in silence for a short while before realising she was now desperate for a drink but hadn't come across anything on her previous wanderings. Hopping off the table she walked to the counter with the inbuilt sink and put her bowl away when she finished before relaxing back on top of the table again like before.

Chas and John chatted, their conversation flowing easily between them. Kay wasn't the only one feeling thirty. Jay was too, and knew exactly where to look. She left the room, leaving her dishes in the sink, heading for the supply room. At the back of the room, tucked away under a pile of uniforms was a large crate full of drinks. The drinks on board were all bottled for health reasons. And there was no alcohol either.

She re-entered the kitchen carrying a whole pile of bottles,which she piled onto the kitchen counter top. It was then that she caught sight of the cannisters John had found earlier and her eyes widened.

Kay looked up when Jay left the room then re entered with drinks. Jumping off the table once more she walked over to the countertop, grabbing one and opening the bottle. It was then she noticed Jay's reaction to the cannisters that John found earlier.

"John found them in earlier in the rice sack." She told Jay, leaning against the counter as she spoke to her. She figured as both Chas and John were in conversation she'd attempt to be sociable toward Jay. It was the least she could do considering all things. She lifted the bottle up to her lips and took a swig. "What are they exactly that's created this reaction from you?" She asked curiously.

Jay eyed the cannisters warily, as if they were growing to grow legs and attack her. "It's an inhibitor, a suppressant, the most powerful ever created. There is some kind of scientific name for exactly what it is, but everybody just calls it Omega. It completely dampens the effects of any natural born powers, most kinds of magic and even powers gained through accidents. The only thing not effected is learned skills, but even then it leaves the person it's administered to weakened."

"It's used mainly in maximum security prisons to keep the powered ones subdued and asylums with people too dangerous for their own good. It's brutal and draining, and outlawed in many planet systems. But there is a whole black market for this stuff."
she spoke with a cold detatchedness, her eyes focused elsewhere

Kay listened to what Jay said and she did not like the reply one bit. She could totally understand in moments of her speaking why she looked at the cannisters so wide eyed and with worry. She couldn't believe that there was something out there that powerful and dangerous. From what she was saying, she figured it'd even hurt her which she didn't like one bit. First iron now this stuff.

From what she said, Kay figured everyone on this ship right now would be completely screwed in some manner of they came into contact with this stuff. "John, you might wanna hear Jay out about what you found earlier. Actually, both of you might wanna hear this. We're gonna need to not get into contact with it one bit." She called over to them to pull them out of their conversation.

Jay had Chas and John's full attention as she relayed exactly what it was they had just found. It was clear from her tone that this Omega inhibitor was not to be messed with and even though she didn't say it, it was fully obvious that if any of them were to use it she wouldn't hold back. She added some extras to her explanation, still in the same detetched tone, like she was giving a report on the stuff and not resisting the urge to fling it into the heart of an exploding supernova and be done with it.

"It's not dangerous until it enters the bloodstream. It has to be injected directly for it to work, hence the fact it is stored in syringes. Even when correctly administered it is draining on the person. This stuff is lethal on overdose, it causes immense agony, seizures, muscle shut-down, the brain is the last thing to go. There is little to be done to stop it."

Kay listened to Jay all over again due to the extra information she added in as she explained everything. Kay had no plans to use this stuff whatsoever and she hoped to whatever that she'd never have to experience what it feels like to have it in her bloodstream.

As she spoke more about it and the side effects particularly on an overdose she definitely didn't want to be anywhere near it. Being fearful of iron was enough for her to deal with for one day. It souded like utter Hell to her and she felt sorry for any poor sod that had that injected into them. It was no wonder it was value in the black market and sort after. "Feel for the poor sod that had that in them..." She just said, her tone clearly showing she was still comprehending the whole idea of the stuff in someone's bloodstream.

Chas just shook his head at the horror of it, that people would be so willing to treat each other like that. Sure, he'd seen it in humans, but he had been of the opinion that somewhere out there was a race that wasn't as cruel as humanity. John was pretty appalled too, even by his own (low and dubious) standards this was a couple of steps too far.

Jay ran a hand over her upper arm and shoulder before responding to Kay's musing. "It doesn't get easier over time, it is almost impossible for somebody to be Omega immune or to build up a resistance to it. And those who are..... they still succumb at higher doses."

Looking between everyone it was obvious they all thought the same thing about this omega drug. She looked at Jay when she replied to her little musing. "Bloody hell..." Was all she could get out of her mouth. The shock was evident in her voice that almost was more of a whisper than anything.

The very idea of not even she would be immune to this really did terrify her. The idea of no one would be safe from it was just too much to really deal with. "Right so...I think we're all in agreement that we need to get this shit well away from everyone?" She spoke up.

"Yes, most definitely" John nodded his head "for once we all are unanimous, this stuff has to go somewhere out of sight." as different as they all were, they could agree on this one thing. Jay really didn't want to even brush near the cannisters, let alone touch them, but she felt it was up to her to do it.

"I'll do it, considering I know the most about this stuff" She had to fight to keep control over her emotions and the shivers going up her spine just looking at the stuff. And before any of them could argue, she grabbed hold of the cannisters and walked out.

She had no concerns that they'd reply in any other way than agreement. Though it was still a relief to know one of them would get it locked away somewhere where none of them could get it. She observed the way Jay was around the stuff. She was worse than all of them, which got Kay thinking.

When she was out the room with the cannisters she turned to the guys. "You two noticed how she was right? I get the feeling she's holding back something personal about this stuff." She said. She was concerned by the way Jay was around the cannisters in the sense she had a feeling she knew the most because she had a personal negative experience with it. Not out of personally using maybe, but out of possible witnessing it be used to someone. She could be wrong but she was coming up with all kinds of theories in her mind.

"You mean more emotionally distant and closed off than her usual standards?" John asked rhetorically, before answering the question. Chas nodded slowly "Yes, it's not just you, this stuff is clearly affecting her. You all saw the way she looked at the cannisters?" "like they were going to kill her just by being in the same place as them? Yes I did."

"Elliott did say she had a dark past. But he didn't say what exactly, only that it was bad, and I trust his judgement on that."
John added.

(last post)

She listened and nodded when Chas mentioned the way Jay looked at the cannisters. She would have spoken up but John got in there first and there wasn't exactly anything else she could have said to contribute to the conversation.

"We..I just hope she'll be okay..." She commented, turning back to her drink before tidying up a bit for something to do. She knew she'd only try and find Jay otherwise to see if she's okay and she got the feeling it wouldn't be the best idea. She didn't think she could crack Jay in any way so she figured she wouldn't attempt.

"She will be... I hope. Kid's a damn good pilot, in my unprofessional opinion of course and I'd be much more relived knowing she's in a good(ish) state of mind while flying this thing." It was clear from his tone that he and Jay had got along very well during his lessons."I would suggest going after her to check, but she's a tough one to crack." John added, kicking his feet up onto the table.

Jay took around ten minutes to create a suitable hiding place, and hide all signs that she had been there in the first urst place. After that she gathered supplies and went back up to the cockpit.

Nodding at why Chas said, she then turned to John. She was honestly surprised he would suggest she went after her. Did he have faith that she out of all three of them could get through to Jay? She didn't fully know. "I'll go after her then" she said. She also wondered if this was John's way of getting Chas alone to ask any of the many questions floating round his own mind.

Kay then put her bottle down and walked out the kitchen and went to look for Jay. After looking in various places for her, she finally found her in the cockpit. Climbing up the stairs she sat in the copilot seat so she could talk to Jay better. "You okay?" She asked softly. She wasn't sure how to tackle Jay but she figured she'd fathom it out eventually, just like she did with Elliott and John. The latter mostly. "Was a bit worried about you" she added.

"Good luck" they replied with different amounts of snarkiness and sincerity. John knew that unless it was yelled at him in anger he would have little luck trying to break through her prickly exterior. Chas would definitely have had better luck, but he didn't want to push too far and make things more awkward, potentially ruining the good teaching relationship they had going on.

Jay tipped back her head and sighed "Nope, life is extremely shit at the moment" like John she had tied her USB to a string and was winding and unwinding it around her hands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back