• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

She listened to what he had to say. Hearing his reasons made sense to her, it's not exactly a rare or uncommon notion to keep something as a reminder to what nearly killed you or maimed you, except in this case he's keeping something that nearly killed her.

"Makes sense. Should have thought of that I guess. I shouldn't have questioned it" she replied. It's not that she didn't trust him, she had proven over and over that she did, she just now really hated iron. She looked around where they were currently and wondered how to pass the time. Then she remembered she packed jeans, so got up, went over to her bag pulling out her simple black ripped at the knee jeans. The very same jeans she wore when they first met. She had no qualms in changing with John in the room, it's not like it's anything he hadn't already seen.

Kicking off her boots she just casually pulled her skirt off and put her jeans on before putting her boots back on. Instantly she felt strangely more comfortable. She threw her skirt back in her bag before sitting back down. "You did that in front of him on purpose" Fee remarked, Kay decided to ignore her. She wasn't going to deal with the lecture tone she would deal with if she entertained Fee by answering back.

John shrugged, there really wasn't much he could say to that, he knew the iron made Kay uncomfortable, but he was going to keep it anyway. As she changed, he went back to coat maintenance. Sure he could just have fixed everything with magic, but that was a waste. Even the smallest magic had a cost that would come back to haunt him. John would need all the energy he could get when they arrived.

That finished he called up to the cockpit "how long will it take to get to Attil?" "at this speed, with this ship, and no unexpected delays, around three days" Jay answered, having done the calculations in her head,just waiting until somebody decided to bite the bullet and ask. "and before you lot complain about it, it's much better than the year it took Elliott"

Kay, sitting down, continued to look around her surroundings whilst John continued with coat maintenance. She knew he'd keep the iron shard and it was something she'd have to make herself come to terms with. More so, accept that it can harm her, not that John has it as a keepsake.

Then came the question and answer that she was dreading to hear. The ETA to their destination. She guessed things weren't going to be a simple short haul flight but she was someone who got restless quickly. Kay knew she'd need to find things to distract her or she'd go insane. "Then I guess we should find stuff to pass the time with" she commented. At this point she could have easily given in to her temptation of being dirty minded for a laugh, but she didn't.

Last edited:
"Never said it wasn't" John replied. Three days with all of them stuck in close proximety to each other. It was going to be uncomfortable to say the least. He could already see how the division was going to form. Jay would be teaching Chas, which would mean they'd want as little interruption as possible. So he'd be left with Kay.

"Well I'd suggest you get to know the ship, figure out whose sleeping where, that kind of stuff. I'm claiming the cockpit, by the way. Also what kind of supplies we have, because if there's not enough food, water, oxygen, repair essentials, weaponry, fuel, anything important enough that we can't survive without it then we have to make a stop off somewhere." Jay replied from above, taking charge of the situation.

Kay listened to what Jay suggested, all of which made sense. Like John, she guessed Chas and Jay would be in the cockpit so that left her being with John and/or exploring the ship just like Jay suggested.

She stood up, "well then, I'm gonna go explore" she declared before going for a walk. She was actually thankful for the walk around. As she wandered around finding where everything was she begun humming to herself. A little habit she always did when she explored or walked around aimlessly. She went through one door to find a storeroom where she came across all matter of supplies. "Bullseye" she muttered to herself.

John headed down to the rear end of the ship, it wasn't hugely roomy, but it felt far bigger on the inside than it should. The back end was dominated by the engine rooms and the assorted equipment that went with such a propulsion system. The doors were bolted, and the door symbols clearly warned anybody from interfering via a series of pictograms. explosions, toxic, decompression danger. John wasn't going to meddle with them.

There were also several gun turrets, which offered some spectacular views out, that was where John endedup lingering, taking it all in. The largest space was the well-stocked medical bay, clearly this was a high speed hospital ship. One of the rooms was a rudimentary galley style kitchen combined with a central meeting room. The crew rooms were extremly small, a single bed with built in ceiling and floor storage. Each room was hooked into the coms system.

The storage room Kay was in filled with all sorts of everything- medical supplies, canned food, water, racks of basic weaponry, armour, and miscellanious belongings like cameras, books, headsets and uniform bits.

Kay inspected everything in the storage room to make sure everything was in date and the likes. She looked through the canned food finding a lot of it fairly basic stuff but it would do and she was pretty damn sure she could make something out of there was. She even found tucked away large sacks of rice. "Jackpot!" She grinned to herself, she decided that she'd make herself useful later and cook food for everyone. She could easily make a curry or some kind with everything in here. She'd just need to remember exactly where this storage room was.

Leaving the room she wandered some more and found the bedroom quarters and found them stupidly small but it was a bed and that's the important thing. Luckily there were plenty to go around and she didn't feel the need to call shotgun on any of them. Though a little part of her wished they were wider than they were. Taking the thought out of her mind she decided to find the kitchen area. Her humming turned into quiet singing as she wandered, and without even realising it too much she found herself doing the odd pirouette and floor slide down the long hallways and the such as she sang to herself.

John was far too entaptured with the view. It was unlike anything else he ever seen before. Judging by the position of the far away stars they were travelling at quite the speed. Either the engines were extremly powerful and fuel efficient or they would have to stop to refuel at some point on their journey.

Moving away from the gunner turret he explored around the rest of the ship, taking note of where everything was. At the sight of Kay dancing and singing he merely smirked and leant in the doorway, seeing how long it would take her to notice his presence.

Last edited:
Kay was quite frankly in her own world. Whilst she danced and sang (and well, the dancing being one of her ultimate secrets) she looked through any doors she came across. She didn't even notice John smirking and watching her. Dance was her guilty pleasure, not even her adoptive family knew she knew how to dance. She always took to contemporary dancing but in a modern way. Her voice like foretold in the myths, now she was so going properly was haunting, sounding like a violin.

It took her a while but eventually she noticed John watching her and she instantly froze on the spot and he would have seen her go bright red. 18 years she had kept her secret and now it had been discovered. "How long have you been there?" She asked, almost stammering.

(That took way longer than I imagined to find the perfect track lol! Her dancing and song she was singing: )

John could tell that Kay was totally oblivious to all that was going on around her. He was no expert on people, but he could tell that dancing was her escape from the world. It was blatantly obvious from her body language, her expressions, that she was lost in it.

He probabaly shouldn't have been watching, but he was. There was no other word for it, it was mesmorising. And John wasn't one to impress easily. John burst out laughing internally at her expression "far longer than you'd want me to have been."

(I can sympathise with that. I have a couple of songs I've been fitting to characters, but it takes forever to get it right, and some songs only work with certain scenes.)

Kay was hoping his reply would have different but the cat was well and truly out of the bag now. He knew her deepest secret. For someone so nimble and having danced down the ship, she was barely out of breath. A testament really to her control.

She smiled sheepishly and tucked her hair that had fallen out of her messy ponytail and over face, behind her ear. "Guess you know one of my biggest secrets. No one knows I dance...literally no one." she told him. The last bit being said to imply if he told anyone she'd be mortified. Something she shouldn't be as she truly had talent. She just never thought of herself as good but she enjoyed it. It kept her fit for one thing. A lot of it she now wondered if it was down to her heritage, just like her love of singing.

He was smirking internally at her embarassment at him finding out. But he wasn't going to tell anybody. He removed himself from his leaning position against the wall, and looked her straight in the eyes, so that she knew he was telling the truth, even though the bond probably conveyed it just as effectively. But he wanted her to get the message.

"Don't worry, if there is one thing I can do it is keep a secret."

Kay watched as he pushes himself off the wall he was leaning on. Something told her he was revelling in the fact he made her get embarrassed for the first time since knowing her. It took alot to embarrass her so it was a big deal to her.

She looked him back straight in the eyes and nodded when he told her he'd keep her secret. "Thank you. It's the only thing I have that's mine. It's important to me, so I'd like to keep it between just us now." She replied to him. "It's my release even if I'm not exactly good" she added quietly. A side of Kay that was rare to see, the side of her that was vulnerable. She truly didn't have any idea how wrong she was.

"Don't worry, I won't." He could see how mich it meant to her, and he wasn't going to be that asshole. Any compliment he gave would probabaly be recieved one of two ways, complete denial of said talent or complete shock at something close to praise coming out of his mouth.

"You're not as bad as you think you are." He added with a half smile.

Through their bond she could tell he was telling her the truth. It set her mind at ease and the red tint that appeared on her cheeks faded finally.

When he half way praised, as he would no doubt predict she became initially surprised by it. She was too used to no praise from him or just the usual "not bad" back in the day of parkour training type response. It must have been evident in her facial expression she thought. "You think?" Was all she could reply with. She had to take his compliment to heart as he had admitted to standing there watching longer than she would care to know.

"A.. anyway....so, I found a storage room full of food, armour, books, and whatever else. Figured if I can find it again I can cook us all food in the kitchen later" she tried changing the subject even though she did like having a normal conversation with John, even if it did put her in a position that was t her comfort zone.

He nodded "yeah, I do". Her changing of the subject didn't escape him, but he went along with it, as food did sound good. It was then that he realised that in typical John Constantine style he had not eaten since that morning. "sounds good to me. Though I'll eat pretty much anything at this moment in time."

He looked around at the ship "I think this thing is a med ship, but yet it's built for speed and agility. Plus the sleeping quarters are ridiculously small."

She smiled, knowing he thought she was good at something meant a great deal to her. More than he may actually know, unless it translated through their bond without her realising.

"Then you my dear can help carry the ingredients to the kitchen because there is literally a sack of rice in there along with other stuff. Then I'm making you help me cook" she said with a smug grin before hearing him say more information about the ship.

"Mm..I caught a glimpse of the sleeping quarters and I agree. They are small, and we both know my track record for small areas and not staying put in them" she chuckled. "But hey, at least it's a bed right?" She added.

"Only good for heavy lifting am I?" he smirked, unable to resist making a smart arse comment. He could cook, sure, but he wasn't amazing at it. His best creation was pancakes with ridiculous amounts of crushed up chocolate or biscuit bits in the batter.

"That I do. But a bed and a deadbolted door will no doubt be appreciated after spending so long cooped up with another." He refrained from making a comment about Kay's track record with kitchens.

"oh I don't know! You're good for a few things!" She quipped back smirking and laughing. She lead the way back toward to the storage room as he made another comment after her bedroom comment.

"Touché! If I don't fall out of bed it'll be a miracle" she said deciding to attempt at keeping the conversation as clean as possible. Though it did not go amiss that the last time she was in a kitchen, was with him and they did more than just cook. She was surprised he didn't make a comment about it, but considering he didn't, she wouldn't either.

Finding her way back to the storage room, she opened the door grabbing an arm full of ingredients. Most were cans of random things but she grabbed what she could so they could see what everything was properly in the kitchen area. "The rice sack is just at the back on the bottom shelf" she gestured by tilting her head.

"And don't you know it" he smirked back at her, before following her to the storeroom. It was almost full and in date, so the League must have captured the ship recently enough. Either that or everything had really long shelf dates.

He located the rice sack easily, lifting it over one shoulder, managing not to knock anything over in the process. He made his way back to the kitchen, depositing the sack on the counter top.

"oh I know it well" she thought back to his remark. She walked into the kitchen with the stuff and placed it on the worktop next to the sack of rice. "Okay...let's see what we have here..." She spoke out loud to herself more than anything else, as she leant down slightly to see all the can labels.

"Looks like there's enough here to make some kind curry or chilli, if you're good with either of those?" She said to John, looking across at him. It wasn't going to be anything special but it was something she could work with. She decided to at least heat up the cooker and looked around to see where everything was, before finding all the pots and utensils she'd need for either meal.

"I can do either" he replied before wandering out of the kitchen. He made his way to the bottom of the cockpit ladder "Oi! Chas! Kay's making food. Which sounds better, curry or chilli?" he shouted up, louder than strictly necessary. Chas didn't lose control this time, he and Jay had been alternating flying duties, and he had considerably improved.

It was Jay who replied first "Chilli all the way! It's better quality ingredients, the curry stuff is batch bulk produced for the patients on this ship when it was a military Dartbird." "are you seriously telling me this thing is called a dartboard?" John quipped. "Direct Action Rescue Team, its an acronym. Fast flier, speeds in under the radar and gets the injured out. It's designed to resist high tense action. Darts are staffed by military docs and fighter pilots, hence the tiny sleeping quarters, they'd be so tired after shifts that they would literally just pass out." she replied.

"Give us a shout when it is ready, will ya?" Chas responded. "Will do, mate" John returned to the kitchen and relayed what he had been told.

Kay nodded, finding his reply not helpful whatsoever and was glad when he went to ask Chas and Jay what they thought and preferred. He was louder than necessary that she could hear the echos of him calling up from the kitchen. Leaning against the worktop, she just shook her head and smirked whilst chuckling. "Bloody men" she muttered to herself before he could come back and hear her.

When he returned and relayed the information, she pushed herself.off the worktop and turned to face the stuff. "Chilli it is then!" She said, clasping her hands together. "Okay...can you do me a solid and open get some of the rice in this-" she began asking, pushing a pot towards him, "in here. Then I can get some of these cans open and make the chilli base" she continued, as she started opening the cans that would be of use.

John for once obeyed without question, doing exactly as she asked. He scooped out the rice, his expression changing to surprise when his hand came into contact with something that clearly wasn't rice. It felt like metal, and now that he looked at the rice sack it had clearly been opened and resealed at one point. The pot was sufficiently filled with rice, so he reached in to the bag and pulled out a metal canister.

It was about the size of a can of Pringles, constructed from silvery white metal and high tension glass. Inside the cannister, neatly attached around a central pillar were epi-pen style syringes. The lid had a biohazard symbol, and each individual pen had the Greek letter Omega engraved on it. He went through the bag, finding two more cannisters, setting them on the counter top. He'd question about these later.

With the cans open, she began pouring the contents into another pot. It was nothing exciting, just the usual canned vegetables, fried beans, pre made chilli mixes and so forth. Sniffing them she knew it wouldn't do. They were in date, there was no doubt about that. She just knew something was missing and if she wanted it edible she'd need something else. She looked through the cupboards and amongst the other things they brought in, before finding what she was hoping for. "Yahtzee!" She let out to herself, grabbing spices and a bottle of stashed hot sauce. She presumed this would have been a staff member's personal supply that they hid.

Putting everything on the stove, she began cooking and added the spices, stirring them in. She was saving the hot sauce for a little later. With that bubbling, she turned to John's end of the worktop, took the pot of rice but not before kissing his cheek with a "thank you". Carrying it across, she filled the pot to the correct level of water and then put the rice on, covering it with a lid and leaning back against the work top again. All that was left to do now was let it simmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back