• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Fia didn't care in the slightest that herself and Rinaa had split up naturally due to having fun and the crowds on the dance floor. She had stopped after a few tracks to get a drink, finding that her mouth was dry from all the dancing that nowhere near her proper dancing. It wasn't quite flailing around but not a proper choreographed set of moves in the slightest either. It was after that drink that she saw someone who looked rather attractive staring at her and eventually came over to dance with her. He was tall, dark medium length haired and had the signature golden eyes of a Devra and although she couldn't talk with him due to the language barrier she didn't care. She guessed because she was clearly not Devra, that was his reason for coming over. Making a quick glance as she dance, she noticed he too had an orange band which made her smile all the more and not feel awkward about dancing with him.

By the time Rinaa would make it back to the dance floor, Fia was lip locked with said stranger, arms loosely draped over his shoulders. She was thankful for the fact her combat boots were always slightly heeled as the guy was quite a bit taller than her, bordering on Elliott's height. At this point she wasn't even fully drunk and only tipsy but she didn't care as she, like Rinaa, was having the ultimate time of her life and felt like a normal seventeen year old for the first real time. It felt nice to have arms on her hips that weren't family due to either consoling her or keeping her back from danger and not a care in the world. She didn't even think that Rinaa would spot her in the slightest, almost forgetting for that split moment in time that she was even with Rinaa.

it was Fia's hair that caught Rinaa's attention. Natural red hair was even rarer on Attil that it was on Earth (which was saying something), so the fact that Fia's was so vibrant and so voluminous, meant it was bound to catch somebody's attention. Which it clearly had, judging by the fact she was snogging a Devra bloke (Who looked like he was enjoying himself as much as Fia was). "Heh" was all Rinaa said to herself, a smirk of amusement on her face. Looked like Fia was making good on her earlier plans of having the bets time possible. And who could blame her. Pulling out her phone and taking a couple of quick shots of the two was an instinctive move, she wasn't even sure she'd show anybody photos (if it was gonna be a case of 'what happens while out in a club together, stays in the club' then who was Rinaa to object?). And it wasn't like the photos were going to be around for very long anyway, Rinaa had programmed her phones and laptop to automatically wipe their hard drives to military erasure standards as well as destroying the contents of all her cloud accounts, before they melted into a pile of unusable slag. But she took the photos anyway, figuring it was in the spirit of having a good time and acting like a normal nineteen year old.

After more dancing Rinaa returned to the bar for another drink, on the way bumping into somebody who was black banded, but more importantly, had a guitar case strapped on their back, a musician for the next set clearly, as he wasn't sweaty or flushed from exertion. Time to put the next part of her plan into action. The guy wasn't Devra, but Rinaa spoke his native language pretty well, having spent a significant amount of time on planets in that system as a kid. The guy's eyebrows raised in surprise at being addressed in his native tongue. When Fia next came back to the bar she'd be greeted by the sight of the two of them doing some kind of drinking game which involved looping their arms through each other's and doing shots without untangling them and maintaining as much eye contact as possible. The drinks weren't particularly alcoholic (as he was going to be going on stage), but there was a competitive edge to their movements and two of the bar staff were looking on in amusement at the sight.

Fia eventually broke away from the make out session for air, completely unaware that Rinaa had seen her and taken any photos. If she had known she would have been slightly embarrassed initially but also have the attitude of 'do what you want with them, that's weak blackmail in comparison to what is probably on me from Leah'. Which wouldn't have been far from the truth as she was convinced that Leah would use the times they've collided on hunts or jobs when Fia most certainly shouldn't have been out, including one she probably should have told John about to do, but decided she was going to do it herself instead in secret. She smiled at the Devra bloke who smiled bsck at her as they continued to dance for one more song. She may not have been able to properly converse with him, but they somehow managed to get by with universal hand gestures and basic words that she could use for him to understand.

Eventually, she was desperate for another drunk, and gave him the signal that she'd be back as she was in need of a drink by lifting her hand up to her mouth and down again to imitate drinking action and put up one finger to signal 'one minute'. She then weaved effortlessly through the crowd on the dance floor and to the bar where she saw Rinaa in a drinking competition albeit non alcoholic with a guitarist and smirked. She took her own phone out and did a short few seconds long video of it before stopping, and ordered another drink. It got to the point where she used a pictured menu sheet to help her, which luckily for her she didn't feel embarrassed to use. She picked a drink that was bright blue in colour curious to what it was and how it tasted, thanking the bar staff when it came to her a few moments later as she relaxed on a barstool to catch her breath, nearby Rinaa and the guitarist.

The guy who she was only moments ago snogging had gone off to his sibling, making it a good time to take a break from dancing himself as Fia had gone to get a drink. From where he was, he couldn't see Fia at the bar but it didn't bother him, he was just rather smug that he managed to make out with a human from Earth with intense fire red and blonde hair. He met back up with his sister in a corner looking incredibly smug with himself, where he got drilled to spill what's made him so smug.

The person Fia had been making out with didn't go amiss on Rinaa's guitar playing drinking partner. The guitarist was a regular at the club (mainly as a musician, but often as a patron too) and recognised the Devra bloke in question. Rinaa finished the shots first, but not by a lot, the other guy was also ambidextrous and had played this particular drinking game his whole life (though as a kid it was with water or juice, not booze). They unlinked their arms, the guy conceding defeat and ordered their next drink- something they could sip while they stood around chatting. He jerked his chin in Fia's direction before raising an eyebrow. "The redhead's with you?" He asked. "We're cousins, though not really super close to each other. I'm adopted. Black sheep of the family kinda thing." Rinaa explained, taking a sip of her drink, rolling the alcohol around in her mouth, savouring the taste.

"Well you'll wanna hear this then." The guy smirked in a 'I know something you don't, but when you find out, you're gonna love it' way. "Oh?" Rinaa arched an eyebrow "do tell." "Well you know the bloke she was with earlier?" The guy spoke in an almost conspiratorial tone, he doubted Fia knew his native language, most from this parts didn't, but even if she did, he wouldn't have particularly cared if she understood what they were talking about in regards to her. She was going to find out soon enough anyway. "He's a regular here. As is his sister. And not only are they into the same kind of person, they're very competitive." He wiggled an eyebrow "if you know what I mean?" "Oh I do." Rinaa smirked, bending one leg so that her foot was flat against the bar. "Is she here to tonight?" "Oh yes, she is." The guy confirmed. Rinaa took a moment to sip her drink and smirk, she was definitely going to wait and see what happened next. But first a more important question. "So, since you're giving me all this gossip, does that mean we're now friends enough that I get some stage time?"

Fia found the drink she ordered to be very very sweet but she didn't find it entirely awful. She could also feel her tipsyness starting to turn to drunkenness from the mixing of the drinks as she was still slightly new to the whole drinking game compared to Rinaa. She was aware of when the musician nodded his head toward her direction as he spoke to Rinaa, knowing that he was clearly asking about her even if she didn't know what was being said. She noticed the black band on him so didn't think much of it, presuming it must be just a check if she was sort of here with Rinaa than anything else. She knew how much she stood out because of her hair alone, but she didn't care. What she did think about however, was maybe getting Rinaa to find out the guy's name who she was making out with at some point if she spent anymore time with him during the evening.

She had to admit she was enjoying the break from dancing, and catching her breath. She even found that by this stage she had to take her jacket off and tie its well worn sleeves round her waist to get some air to her arms. She was only there for around ten minutes as she drank her drink before she decided she needed to the use the bathroom, remembering what the sign for it was when Cal told her it. She walked through the crowds toward the bathroom, spotting the bloke she was kissing earlier toward the back of the dance floor area with a fellow dark haired female that had half her hair braided back at the side of her head. She rose an eyebrow thinking that he just found someone else to chat with, not realising she was his sister. She shook it off and went to the bathroom before soon returning and heading back onto the dance floor, letting Rinaa continue her chat with the musician. Little did she know that the siblings were watching her intently.

The musician chuckled in amusement at that. The whole conversation had started with Rinaa commenting on the guitar case on his back and trying to suss out whether he was alone, or with a group, and when he'd been playing later. Her certainty that he would be playing caught him by surprise, until she explained that, from her own experience of gigging at such places, he couldn't have been on stage earlier as otherwise he'd be far more flushed, dishevelled or at the very least slightly drunk. That remark had led to more teasing banter and eventually the drinking contest, both of them under the firm belief that they could beat the other. "Depends." He smirked with a face that said 'I'm already in favour, but I want you to try and persuade me anyway'. "Can't just let any random stranger up on stage with us, we've got an image to keep. What do you do? And, more importantly, are you any good?"

Rinaa could see exactly what game he was playing and smirked, more than happy to tell this mostly stranger about her musical ability. She was vaguely aware of Fia heading away from her, but didn't pay her much attention, her focus on the job in hand of getting herself up on stage. "Good policy, the band I play with has a similar one, we've ALSO got an image to keep up. I mainly sing, in various languages. My instrument of choice is guitar- though obviously I didn't bring my own one with me- but I also do some drumming when the occasion calls for it. As for how good I am? Pretty damn good, and I've been told that I get better with alcohol because give even LESS of a fuck about what people think of my performance when I've got a few drinks in me than I do when I'm sober. Style wise?" Rinaa paused then smirked, the tips of her fangs just visible. "Well I wouldn't be here if I didn't like the music, now would I?"

Fia didn't want to be seen purposely hanging around Rinaa when shhe was clearly enjoying talking with the musician, which was one reason for her decision making of just going straight to the dance floor after the bathroom. She wouldn't have been surprised if Rinaa was indeed sweet talking her way onto the stage and in a way she was hoping Rinaa was doing exactly that as she knew the girl had talent, and she wanted to see her perform for herself properly. Yet Fia's priority was indeed to have fun, let loose and just take the night as it came, deciding that as long as she kept some control of how far she went, she was going to go with the flow and have no regrets in the morning. She danced with a few people around her, laughing and enjoying herself when a white haired girl caught her attention because she was so used to seeing so much dark hair around her. The white hair almost glistened under the black lights and she noticed the girl had an intricate steel ear cuff on one ear, and orange clip in extensions into her ponytail. She smiled and gave a wave to the girl who smiled back, nodding in response before walking over after putting her drink down.

As for the siblings, they were watching the whole time and the sister knew it was now or never. She watched to see if Fia was remotely bisexual with the other girl, observing the dancing with and thinking that Fia was figuring everything out for herself, which only made the dark haired girl all the more competitive. "oh if this girl is bi, then I'm taking that kiss first" she commented to her brother, "and if she's straight? Then I win dear sister" he smirked, "we'll see about that Chaol, I can bring out the bi in any girl!" she smirked, shoving her drink in her brother's hand before weaving her way through and over to Fia where she spoke very limited English, "dance with me Red?" she asked, which made Fia blink twice not expecting to be spoken to in English by anyone here other than Rinaa. The tall dark haired woman was incredible looking, she had the most piercing golden eyes and an intriguing tattoo on her right shoulder/upper arm that looked similar to a qr code but stretched down her upper arm.

"sure!" Fia replied after finding her voice yet again. She was floored that this girl was just as stunning as the guy she earlier made out with, not realising she was the sister of Chaol. The white haired girl saw this as a competition, and suggested to the dark haired girl they all dance together, which brought a smile to the dark haired girl's face, nodding in agreement before beginning to dance with both Fia and this other girl. Fia ended up in the middle of the two of them and she didn't quite know how to compute the two beautiful women dancing with her in very close proximity.

"Fair point" the musician smirked. Sure there were those who came here that didn't like the music, he had seen a few of them in his time (this particular club was a regular place he performed) but they never stayed for massively long times in his experience. When punk/punk-rock wasn't really your thing, being constantly exposed to it wasn't going to make you suddenly like it (even with the addition of alcohol). He was enjoying talking with Rinaa, finding her easy to talk (and banter with) they had quite a rapport going, consisting of easy chatter and some light jabs. The fact that she was black banded also helped, he knew he didn't have to worry about her making a pass at him, that she didn't have any ulterior motives for chatting with him. Their body language was relaxed and open, both comfortably leaning against the bar, not close enough that they were touching, but close enough that nobody would squeeze between them to order a drink at the bar.

"And you're in luck, although we've got the full band tonight, our drummer is out back with some guy they met, doing things I don't want to walk in on no doubt." He rolled his eyes and pulled a face, evidently disapproving of what the drummer was doing, but unable to actually do anything about it. Rinaa nodded in understanding, knowing exactly how frustrating it was when a band mate went AWOL. Though in er case it hadn't been because they were having sex in an alleyway/backroom. "Hence why we haven't started our set yet, we were supposed to be on half an hour ago, but decided to wait. We were gonna have to drag him out away from his fun if he didn't show soon, but now...." he gestured with his drink glass at Rinaa, who grinned, delighted to have an opportunity to drum. While guitar was her true love of an instrument, drums held a special place in her heart. She'd learned a little from a mate, but it had been Chas who'd taught some really impressive drum patterns as well as some tricks to visually liven up her performance.

"Actually..." a scheming look appeared on the musician's face "how are you with duets?" the musician pulled out his phone and passed it over to Rinaa. "Or more specifically, these ones?" Rinaa only needed to take one glance at the screen for her grin to grow. "I bloody LOVE these ones." She declared, before explaining which parts she preferred, which happened to the parts her companion didn't sing. Before leaving the bar she passed her phone over to one of the bar staff along with a generous tip explaining that the red head was her cousin and having a couple of photos of this night that the other wasn't going to remember what with all the alcohol she was consuming would be a great thing. This was hardly an unusual thing for the bar staff to do, it was practically an unofficial service they offered. Rinaa's tip was considerably more than most would give so that waitress was all too happy to help. She then made her way to the backroom that lead to the stage, following her newfound musician friend.

The band on stage finished their last piece and left to loud applause. But when the next band appeared on stage the cheering ramped up dramatically, evidently they were very popular and quite possibly the reason people had come to the bar that night. Rinaa followed the others on stage, twirling the borrowed sticks between her fingers with the nonchalant air of somebody who had done this many times before. The first piece was akin to a ballad, but angrier with a far faster tempo, ideal for dancing too. The drumbeat was the driving force behind the song, but the lead singers vocal's were something else entirely. Fia wouldn't need to understand the language to tell that he was seriously skilled.

Fia was enjoying her time dancing between the two women that were seriously making her develop a crush on both of them. She was glad to have seen both were very much wearing orange bands earlier on and was very enjoying having one girl behind her and one in front. She couldn't believe that there was not only an attractive bloke she got to snog earlier but she was also attracting two women. She had no idea that Rinaa had practically paid a bar staff member to take photos of her whilst Rinaa disappeared to join the band on stage. When the band they were currently dancing to finished their set, She applauded with everyone else but her cheers only grew when rhe new band came on and she saw Rinaa walking on joining them. "you know them?" the dark haired girl asked, "the drummer is my cousin" Fia explained.

As they began playing Fia was momentarily distracted, deciding that she had to quickly take a short video of Rinaa playing on the drums as well as snapping photos at the same time before the dark haired girl took her phone from her hands, making Fia look up surprised. The girl turned the camera to selfie mode and filmed the three of them enjoying the show before tilting Fia's head toward her and stealing a long kiss first, then stopping the video and handing Fia back her phone. Fia felt breathless from the surprise at what just happened as she put her phone in her pocket. "Lobelia, my name is Lobelia" the dark haired girl finally, "Fia" she replied before turning to the white haired girl, "Aelin" the girl introduced herself. They all then went back to watching the band and dancing to the track, Fia acknowledging the talent the singer certainly had, even if she couldn't understand the language.

Aelin then kissed Fia's cheek, making Fia turn to face her smiling before finding herself kissing the girl. Aelin gladly kissed her back but she could just tell Fia was being more drawn to Lobelia so Aelin gave the gesture to say she's getting a drink before walking away, leaving Lobelia and Fia alone to enjoy the band.

The other band members didn't look at all surprised when their lead singer back with a veritable stranger who he'd declared was joining them. Seeing Rinaa's look of confusion one of them explained. They'd been having serious issues with their drummer recently, there was no doubt that the Devra in question had talent, but more and more recently they'd either been shunning by their drummer who chose to not even turn up to gigs at all, or when the drummer did show up, half the time they'd just vanish with a bloke they'd picked up, leaving the band hanging. It was getting to the point where they were forced to get a stand in drummer or cancel gigs. Had Rinaa not offered to play tonight, they probably would have had to cancel, which sucked as it meant they wouldn't get paid and the band might even get a reputation as being flakers. Which was the last thing they wanted. One of the others (the other vocalist) could play drums somewhat decently, but only for certain songs all of which required a second singer to be truly effective. In other words they were screwed. Hearing their plight only made Rinaa more determined to help them out.

She soon lost herself in the rhythm of drumming, she hadn't played along to this particular song on drums in a long time, but it was all muscle memory, embedded in her mind by hours of practice (she sometimes played drums in her own band so that their usual drummer could have an opportunity to sing) and so she was soon in the swing of it (literally). There were some mistakes here and there, but overall she very much delivered on her earlier description of her drumming skills. Like all good drummers, Rinaa played with her whole body, and every so often threw in a little flourish gesture with her sticks (midway through one song she threw both sticks in the air while continuing to work the foot pedals of the kit, caught the sticks as they fell and resumed drumming as if nothing else had happened. When the first song finished there was a roar of cheering, the song was a firm audience favourite. the initial jolt of stage fright that had hit Rinaa when she started playing had long vanished and she was completely into the music. The next few songs provoked similar reactions from the crowd, some people singing along with the lyrics and while others dancing mimicked the moves of the original music video. The first time Rinaa sang was to provide the harmony lines to chorus, and even that snippet of her rich, slightly husky, emotion-filled voice was enough for heads to turn in surprise and interest, even those of the other band members, they'd known she could sing, but not like that.

Hearing Rinaa's voice prompted the main singer, whose name was Blue- to do one of the duets. A quick swap around was necessary. The sticks were thrown to the second vocalist who caught them without even looking, the bass guitar was placed to one side and a second hand-held microphone sourced from some pre-arranged storage place. The song they proceeded to perform would be like nothing Fia had seen before. It was as if an argument between two people had been converted to into a song, the lyrics chopping and changing between the singers, as one cut over the other gradually increasing in volume and anger. As they sang they stalked across the stage, glaring and circling each other as if they were looking for weakness and would strike out as soon as one was found. Their stalking took them off the stage and onto the dance floor where the dancers parted, forming a circle around them. The lighting techs had been warned in advance that this song would be taking place and had switched from the regular club lighting sequence to spotlights on each band member. The song ended when the two lunged at each other, jabbing the mics out as if they were weapons, before falling to the ground as if dead (but quite clearly not). There was a moment of silence as everybody tried to comprehend what they'd just seen, what an amazing replica of the original choreography this had been before they burst into riotous applause.

Fia was aware of just how much Rinaa seemed to ust come alive on stage and she felt utterly priviliaged that she was one family member in this time that could witness her truly play, and not guitar, but drums. She enjoyed dancing with Lobelia and watching the band play (whilst making out with Lobelia every now and then), until the intense song came and here she was luckily witnessing Rinaa go onto second vocals and see her cousin at the front of the stage. She may not have understood the lyrics, but she got the jist of the theme from their actions and power that was being put behind every word sung. She was utterly blown away by what she was seeing and she just found herself letting herself witness it first hand and not through her phone lens.

When they came down onto the dance floor, she moved out the way with everyone else, watching intensely as it progressed, a broad proud smile upon her face seeing Rinaa do such an amazing performance with the lead singer of the band. After it was done and the silence was broken the roar of cheering, she too cheered and clapped vigorously at them all. She knew if Elliott and Jay were here and even John and Chas, they'd be so proud of Rinaa as well, wanting to praise her the first opportunity they'd get. "I knew my cousin was talented but I never realised just how talented" she commented to a Lobelia, making the woman smirk before just turning her head and making Fia kiss her deeply as she saw her brother watching on with an expression of 'I've been beat by my sister'.

Neither Rinaa nor Blue had intended to go so full on with their routine. The lyrics were powerful enough on their own, and most who sang them chose to add in gestures of some sort to add to the realism that this was a duo in the heat of an argument. It had been Rinaa who'd started the stalking, almost predatory walk, she was unable to stay still on stage when just singing, and even when playing guitar she'd move as much as the sound cables would let her. Blue had quickly copped on, first copying her actions, then leading them off stage and down on to the dance floor. Both were signing and moving by instinct, reacting to what the other was doing, as opposed to telegraphing every move like a trained pair might do. This was something else entirely, for a pair that had never sung together before, let alone performed this kind of choreographed display together, it was flawless. Everything was falling in place for them, and not just for the two singers, for the their two players as well. The girl behind the bar who Rinaa had paid to get some photos of Fia videoed the whole thing, the raised level of the bar giving her an excellent angle on the whole performance

Blue was first off the floor, offering up a hand to Rinaa, who took it willing (though not because she actually needed the help, she knew it was a symbolic gesture and by refusing it she'd be seriously embarrassing the guy in front of his fans). The others in the band had climbed down from the stage to join their lead singer and Rinaa for some bows. "You might as well all go home now folks" Blue smirked once the applause had calmed down. "Sure we've still got another chunk of the slot left, but we're not gonna top that tonight." He made a crash and burn gesture and sound effect. "It's all downhill from here." The crowd had other opinions and a chant of 'encore! Encore!' quickly rose.

Blue turned to the other band members giving a shrug. "Well they want more. And who are we to refuse them? We do get a cut of the door after all." He grinned cheekily. "So what d'ya say? Hop back up there and do another few numbers? Or take the money and run?" The others made a show out of glancing at one another as if uncertain, but they had already decided, there was no way they were gonna leave just yet. They were gonna ride this high. "Well looks like we're doing another few then." Blue declared ever the show man as they made their way back to the stage, the crowd cheering and whooping again.

Fia couldn't stop the smile that was on her face. She may not be close to Rinaa at all, but she couldn't stop the pride from expelling from her to her cousin. She also may not have understood what was being spoken but she was taking a guess that it was the crowd begging for more and them deciding to honour the request. She applauded and cheered with everyone else, feeling more than happy to do so and knew the moment she would get a chance she would tell Rinaa all the praise she could muster. She watched as Rinaa got up to go back on stage with the rest of the band to do some tracks, whilst staying Lobelia enjoying the company of the other girl and finding the girl really did give her utter butterflies from the way she was so unashamedly forward with her.

Eventually Chaol came over "sister" he greeted, "Chaol" Lobelia greeted back with a smirk, which made Fia look between them a few times computing the fact that Lobelia knew the guy she was only making out with what was only a short time ago. "Fia this is my brother" Lobelia smiled, knowing she'd have to explain as she was much better at English than her brother was. "b-brother? Oh!" Fia replied shocked, the look on her face amusing the siblings greatly and making them laugh. Fia felt suddenly awkward knowing now she had been snogging siblings at different times and neither seemed to even care. She didn't know how to comprehend what was happening or how to deal with the situation or where to go with that information. Chaol on the other hand knew exactly how to take the situation, "may I have a dance with Red now or you gonna hog the pretty little thing for yourself?" he asked his sister in Attili.

"I was thinking of keeping her for myself personally!" Lobelia teased, pulling Fia close to her side. Fia couldn't believe it, she had siblings clearly discussing who should spend time with her, both fancying her and neither wanting to share her. For someone who had gone from never meeting anyone to having to siblings metaphorically fighting over her, she felt like she was on cloud 9, whilst feeling thankful that her family weren't seeing this right now as she knew John and Elliott would never stop teasing her for it. "we can all dance together!" Fia reasoned, whilst making the gesture for 'us all together' in the process. She watched as the siblings thought about her compromise then agreeing, both pulling her to dance between the two of them and both very much giving her attention, each stealing kisses when they could.

The sight of Fia sandwiched between the two siblings didn't go amiss on Rinaa, from the stage she had a great view of everything going on the dance floor and she couldn't help but smirk, not just of Fia enjoying herself and letting lose, but the fact that she knew Fia wouldn't want the rest of the family to hear about this as they'd never let it go. Fia's vibrant hair also acted as a marker, standing out in a sea of black, brown and the occasional dyed do. But Fia'as stood out amongst the others for being so vibrant and above all natural. But her attention was soon drawn away from her cousin and back towards the music. The next few songs the band performed went down brilliantly with the rest of the crowd, though none of them quite managed to match the sheer drama of the spectacle that was the earlier duet. But regardless, Rinaa was having the time of her life, drumming and singing like there was no tomorrow, which in a way was kind of true for her. The grin that had been on her face when she first got on stage hadn't left and if anything, only seemed to have grown bigger over the course of the concert.

They'd taken a break about half way through, which the band spend getting buzzed on alcohol, Rinaa downing almost as much as everybody else combined, explaining that she had hyper metabolism of a ridiculous degree, so all the booze wasn't going to affect her playing. The others were sceptical, she could tell, but as everything she'd said to Blue had been true, they gave her the benefit of the doubt. She'd only checked her watch once, which confirmed what she suspected that it was already into the early hours of the morning. Time really did fly when she was having fun. During the break they'd agreed that since Rinaa was point blank refusing to accept any money for being on stage- the experience really was enough for her (not to mention that the band needed it more than she did thanks to their flake of a drummer)- she could instead sing a solo song or maybe two if the audience were willing. Which they were more than willing, Artemis the singer was very much a wildcard for them and one they wanted to see (and hear!) more of. Blue gave a few words before throwing the mic over to Rinaa. "Well yeah, that kinda sums it up really. As well as singing songs, I sometimes write them, which means I come across a song every once in a while that's so brilliant and so perfect that I wish it had been ME that wrote it."

As she strutted the front of the stage with the mic, something strange would begin to happen to Fia. Like when Kay saw the phoenix world in the plas-ball arena, it was if the world in front of her was being overlaid by another one, and not just in terms of the visual, but the sounds too, though for Fia it happened far faster. This other world was clearly Earth, or more precisely London, the skyline gave that away. She was standing in the rubble of what had once been an area of warehouses, but now they were reduced to rubble. Without turning her head Fia would know that she was with John, Kay and Chas. A stage had been erected and there was a large crowd of people, many with black ties around their foreheads like a bandanna or around their wrists like a strange kind of bracelet. On stage was Rinaa, dressed in a formal suit, tie around her forehead, eye make up identical to what she was wearing that night, her hair styled into even more dramatic peaks. The guitar around her neck was Elliott's, even though Fia was at the back of the crowd she would be able to recognise it. The crowd was rapt as she spoke, giving a similar spiel to the one she was giving on stage in the Attili club. And then she began to sing, in both venues pouring heart heart, soul and every scrap of energy she had into the lyrics. On Earth she had such a rapport with the audience that they chimed in with 'we do' making it an unofficial call and response. And when she pointed at back of the crowd for the lines 'and especially for you folk who were talking at the back' it was almost as if Rinaa was pointing at Fia.

Unfortunately as this song is quite and old and from a time when this artist wasn't really well known the only good version of it I can find is in the middle of an entire concert
It starts at 43:00 and I think the lyrics are really fitting to Rinaa's situation, though I'm pretty damn biased as I just like this song in general

Fia was truly enjoying herself and knew for the time she could remember it, she knew she wouldn't let herself forget it. The siblings, despite at first being quite overwhelming really brought her out of herself and made her truly realise that she loved both women and men which made her smirk to herself as it was just another thing that made her just like her father and her brother, and for this night she would be truly grateful. She was only aware of Rinaa noticing her once and she shot her back a broad smile and the thumbs up to show she was enjoying herself and loving seeing Rinaa perform. She was tempted to go over and talk with Rinaa when they had a break, but the moment she saw her chatting with the band and sticking to her original plan of getting utterly wasted, she decided to leave her to it.

Then came the time when Rinaa decided she was going to sing a couple of solo songs herself and one that hit her in a way she was not expecting it to. She suddenly at a rapid pace saw the venue seem to change in front of her eyes. She knew deep down she was still in the club, but instead of seeing the club, she was seeing Rinaa on stage in London in a desolate post warzone area. She could hear the two crowds from the Attili crowd and the crowd in the overlay vision. She just knew somehow that she was with her family and when the words started pouring out of Rinaa, she just seemed to know them, mouthing along in English perfectly in time. When it got to near the end of the song, she truly did feel like Rinaa was pointing directly at her and aiming her words at her solely. It was so much to take in, and she had to blink several times to try and refocus on the club. She felt almost disorientated which didn't help from the amount of alcohol that was in her system, that when the song ended she had to tell the siblings she would be right back before making a hasty exit off the dance floor and to the bathrooms.

Rinaa had no idea that her singing this song was causing alternate Fia's memories of seeing Rinaa perform this same song with her band in this version of Fia. Had she known it would have such an effect, she would have sung something completely different, not wanting this Fia to know the full story of what had gone on at that last gig. Said gig had also been the one where John's side of the family had found out just how much talent she really had when it came to music (before that the only times Chas and John had seen her play was back when she was far younger, less confident and not part of a band). She'd never found out why that side of the family had been at this particular performance (she had only found out when she travelled back to her own timeline, and for the most part she didn't want to know). The whole time she'd sung the song on stage, she hadn't the slightest clue they'd all been in the audience. Knowing this was her last gig, she'd poured her whole heart and soul into it, not realising that to those four it was coming across as a deliberate statement and a condemnation, her calling them out on their years of shit and abuse using the one medium they'd never see coming (and the one medium they though they'd never seen). Most things Rinaa sang she got emotionally invested in, it was part of her talent being able to be able to convey so much emotion to a crowd.

The fact her accusatory finger had ended up pointing at Fia, John, Kay and Chas had been pure coincidence. Had she known they were going to be there, she'd either have pulled from the gig or changed all the songs so they'd be similar pointed statements. Two days after that performance she'd disappeared, so for each of the four, seeing her perform that song had been the last time they'd seen her alive. And it wasn't just this Fia who'd turned away from the stage, the sound of raucous applause and cheering ringing in her ears. The other Fia had also turned away, except she'd all but run away from the stage, pushing through the throng of black-tied fans to get way. Alternate Kay had been hot on her heels, to see what was wrong, but alternate John had stayed to watch the rest of the set, for once putting his granddaughter above his daughter. Rinaa wasn't the only one sick of the shit in their life, but John was under no illusions, he knew damn well Rinaa had it worse than he did. And after seeing just how much went she possessed, how could he not stay and see more? And just like the last time Rinaa didn't see her 'cousin' leaving, instead she stood on stage and let herself bask in the applause of the crowd. It was a selfish motivation she knew, but evoking this kind of reaction in audiences was like a validation that yes, she was good enough and worth it. Hence why the line 'For when the curtain falls, tomorrow calls and I’m just a narcissist' had always struck home with her.

The other band members were applauding too, one of them even going so far as to stick two fingers in their mouth and whistle loudly. Blue strutted forwards to address the crowd again. "You what? I think I might be out of a job." Rinaa smirked easily picking up the thread of banter, while making it clear that this was all about Blue and his band, that this gig wasn't the Artemis Taylor show (even though for the next song, she took the lead vocals while Blue took the harmonies). Together their vocals were impressive, Rinaa's slightly husky voice and his rich textured one mixing to provide an auditory experience nobody in the audience was gonna forget in a hurry (even if they were stupidly pissed, videos were already being uploaded to cyber space).

Fia was proud of her 'cousin' for expressing herself in such a manner and if she was truly honest and the roles were reversed she probably would have done the same thing but the whole seeing two timelines overlapping each other, making her see her other self's point of view of the song, and due to that knowing the lyrics word for word, it quite frankly freaked her out enough that she needed to catch a breath away from it. She stood in the bathroom by the sinks and looked in the mirror, trying to pull herself together from what she just witnessed. She suddenly knew what Kay was trying to explain when she had the same thing happen to her at the Plas-ball arena. "pull it together Fia...for crying out loud, you've witnessed and dealt with worse shit than that..." she mumbled to herself, knowing if she was completely alone and not had the risk of strangers in the stalls behind her, she probably would have hit the side of her head as if it would help knock some sense into her.

She hated the fact that when she glanced back to make sure neither of the siblings were following her, she could see her alternate mother chasing after her and alternate John just letting it happen, deciding to stay for his grand kid. She didn't know why it made her so angry as she knew he did the right thing by staying but for some reason it just brought up unreasonable anger inside of her, making her question if staying was a good idea. "maybe I should just go home... No... No, if I go home I can't give my skills to helping Ell. Fuck I need a seriously strong drink" she mumbled to herself. Sighing, she splashed some water on her face and a few minutes later she pushed herself off the sink and away from the mirror, turning on her heels to go to the door only to find Lobelia standing right there. "you okay?" she asked, "I'm fine, nothing to worry about." Fia replied flatly. There was no way in any hell or universe she was going to tell Lobelia what just happened, "let's just go get a drink" she told the Debra woman whom she was seriously crushing on.

With a nod Lobelia agreed, draping her arm over Fia's shoulders and walking back out with her and over to the bar where she bought them both a strong whiskey. "sorry about walking off, it's just too complicated to explain in a way you'd understand" Fia said to Lobelia, knowing that although Lobelia had pretty good English, it wasn't good enough to even remotely understand why she walked off or that she wasn't even from this time. Lobelia just waved off the apology, "don't worry about it" the woman replied, handing her her drink when thhe barstaff slid them over.

The group finished their set on a massive high, Rinaa likened the feeling to being buzzing with so much energy that she could power a whole apartment block. While the band they didn't quite reach the earlier fever pitch created by Rinaa and Blue's first duet, it was damn clear that the audience were loving it. The applause after their final number went on for a good few minutes, and they spent another ten minutes or so after that posing for photos on stage, arms slung around each other's shoulders, mad grins fixed on their faces. While it wasn't the same as being with her own band, she didn't have the same level of easy camaraderie that came from knowing somebody and having their back for years, with all the adrenaline and endorphins in her system, it was as near as made no difference. Blue's band were incredible, and they deserved to go far in Rinaa's opinion.

There was only one moment when things took a more sour tone, as she was slinging her arm around Blue, her hand brushed over his forehead and without meaning to she read his timeline. Rinaa's timeline reading skills were nothing like her mother's, she could only read those of blood family, and of those who had a strong connection to her own timeline. Blue's connection was indirect, but it was enough for Rinaa to pick up on it. The flicker of surprise and uncomfort disappeared from her face almost as soon as she realised it was there. She was a master of compartmentalising and shoved what she'd just learned aside for later so she could enjoy being happy now.

After getting her phone back from the Devra behind the counter (and adding another few notes to her tip) she swapped numbers with the other band members, promising to meet up again, as a) she genuinely liked them and wanting to hang out with them more and b) wanted to have another night of fun before she died. Another load of drinks were downed, there was more dancing and singing, but eventually it was club closing time and all patrons were told they had to leave.

Fia didn't notice that Rinaa had and licker of a moment on stage when she accidentally read Blue's timeline as she was too busy chatting and just dustra ting herself from the earlier moment by enjoying the company of Lobelia. At one point, Chaol did join them also and she was soon back to her chirpy self, only noticing that Rinaa had managed to get bsck to the bar and was continuing her time with the band she had played with moments ago. She too exhcnaged numbers with Lobelia, deciding that if she ever wanted to chat with Chaol, then Lobelia could translate any messages for them both. When it was announced that it was time to close, Fia was well and truly drunk but still able to stay up on her own two feet without aid. Both siblings kissed Fia goodbye and she soon reunited with Rinaa to leave.

"ready to go miss musical badass?" she asked with a smirk on her lips. Untying her jacket off her waist and putting it on properly so not to risk losing it on the way home. She was still completely oblivious to the fact photos of her had been taken making out with the siblings and right now didn't have a care in the world. Her cheeks were flushed from the alcohol and she was unbelievably happy, savouring the moment whilst it still lingered that for once in her life, she had an amazing normal teenage night out with her 'cousin', got to see Rinaa do something amazing and experienced her first real crush which were on siblings no less! "thanks for agreeing to go out with me tonight Rii, I really needed it" she added as they exited the club to head back to Cal and Cliff's apartment, not even thinking about the fact she had an orange band on and when the family woke up, Cal and Cliff would certainly know what it means and no doubt ask her if she enjoyed herself. There was no doubt in the back of her mind that people would ask them both about their night out, she just didn't think about it in this very moment.

Rinaa could tell with one look that Fia was a) on a massive high and while she could walk unaided, she was very drunk and would inevitably crash hard and b) had been enjoying her time with the siblings. She'd known that alternate Fia liked both genders (but had said nothing to let on to this Fia that was the case, knowing the importance of figuring out your sexuality on your own), but she hadn't known she could have a thing for siblings. John she suspected, would have some choice words on that, though that would more than likely be in the form of an anecdote about his own sexual encounters- he'd had a very wide and interesting sexual history and had been in threesome foursomes and the devil himself only knew what else before. (Lucifer literally did know, he'd been there for a good chunk of the time, and a very willing participant in said sexual shenanigans).

At the nickname she rolled her eyes and groaned "good grief that's an AWFUL nickname!" refraining from face-palming at it. But while she was against the nickname itself, she certainly wasn't against the sentiment behind it, the copious amounts of alcohol in her system really had lowered her inhibitions and seriously mellowed her out. (Even Sykes was happily sated, which really was saying something. Back on street level she pulled her own jacket on, flipping up the collar of her leather jacket in the process. "Not like there was really a choice in the matter." Rinaa replied with a chuckle, no malice in her voice. "But yeah, it was surprisingly fun and not really what I was expecting..... And exactly what I needed to be honest. I might ACTUALLY have a hangover for the first time in about two years later." As she spoke she worked the black band off her wrist. "You gonna keep the band on or are you gonna take it off and try and avoid the million and one questions everyone else is inevitably gonna have?"

Fia brushed off the comment about her initial nickname being a bad one as she didn't really care. It was an accurate description in drunken Fia's mind and so she wouldn't apologise for it. She also got the feeling that Rinaa was suitably drunk enough to just let her get away with saying it without any consequences. "meh, awful or not, it's still very much true" she grinned before chuckling at her next comment knowing that it was true, her parents and Chas did pretty much coax the idea of them both going out for the evening, and didn't really let the idea drop in the slightest until Rinaa agreed to go out. "true, mum and dad can be highly persuasive when they wanna be" she agreed, knowing that Rinaa meant no malice in her initial comment. She laughed at her when she said she might actually have a hangover for once, nodding in agreement, knowing she certainly would have a hangover, even if Rinaa didn't.

When Rinaa asked her about the band and whether or not she'd take it off, Fia looked down at her wrist smiling at what it brought her. "eh.. I'll take it off in the morning before I see anyone" she shrugged, looking forward again. "as I wouldn't be surprised if they're all asleep by now so I should be lucky, but if any of them are awake then ill try and take it off in a stealthy manner without them noticing" she added as they walked together. "but yeah, they'll no doubt be asking a million questions, even without seeing this band round my wrist to be honest. They're all nosey as fuck and they'll tease the hell outta me anyway for having a hangover" she chuckled.

"Well don't say I didn't warn you, it's a guaranteed thing they'll be looking for. I can guarantee somebody's gone and filled them in on the band system, probably Cal or Cliff, dunno if Elliott was old enough to know the meaning behind it when he lived here" Rinaa shrugged, her tone taking on a musing edge. She'd never given though to what Elliott's knowledge of Attil's club scene would be before, like may things going out for a night of dancing, drinking and fun on Attil was an opportunity he never had. But what she could say was that if it had been her she would have taken the band off immediately knowing that when she had a roaring hangover her priorities would not be removing the band, but instead trying not to vomit everywhere. But Fia was right, either way they'd be getting a grilling and there was no way Fia could deny anything that had happened, Rinaa had evidence. Evidence she wasn't going to mention just yet. "But it'll be Cal 'nd Cliff who'll be the absolute most nosy people about everything that happened. They know the scene better than you do, and probably better than I do too." Rinaa chose to make no comment on John or Kay's reaction as she really couldn't claim to know this version of them well enough and making any kind of accurate statement about Elliott was nigh on impossible as she knew him even less than everybody else. Chas wouldn't be as outwardly nosy, but knowing him the few select questions he would ask would be straight to the point and highly intelligent.

They reached the station in a matter of minutes and as their luck would have it a train back to the military base was just pulling into the station. From the outside in the early morning light it was even clearer that this was a re-purposed military vehicle, managing to be both streamlined for speed and bulky for protection at the same time. Rinaa swiped her card, having made sure it was somewhere easily accessible. She could still walk straight, but she was well aware of how light headed ad giddy the alcohol was making her. As well as lowering her inhibitions it made her a more confident talker, which was why she had been every so often spouting nuggets of local knowledge about places they passed on the way to the station. Once on the train Rinaa completely ignored all the seats, making for the very back carriage where there was an emergency exit door. A scheming look came over Rinaa's face as she thought of a story her jay had told her. And with the alcohol in her system, it seemed like an excellent idea to carry out. If she got in trouble for it, so what? She was drunk enough to play the 'terminally ill teenager' card without feeling like scum for doing so.

"I take full responsibility if I fall to my death on the tracks, got it?" She called over, flashing a grin filled with mischief and daring at her 'cousin' before easing open the door and slipping out onto the sort of platform at the back of the train, not giving Fia a chance to reply. Once outside she undid her belt and looped it through one of the rungs of said ladder, securing it firmly (she was drunk, but not drunk enough that she'd throw all caution to the wind) before grabbing onto the higher rungs with her hands and hooking her feet around the lower ones to provide a firm anchoring point.

(I probably won't be online very much today as it's my brother's birthday)

Fia nodded, taking the warning on board. Luckily for her, her jacket sleeve covered the band for the most part as they headed back, so their trip back to the apartment, she wasn't too worried. She was also too drunk to really care at this moment in time. She could also hear the amused tone in Rinaa's voice as she spoke about how Cal and Cliff no doubt filled the others in on the banding system, not doubting that would be the case in the slightest. "makes sense, I can imagine that being the case. I also know that if this John and Kay are anything like my parents, which they prove to be, then if they want information out of us they'll get it. Dad in particular." she replied as they started to reach the station. She hadn't decided if she would try and deny what she got up to yet or not, deciding that she was far too drunk to really decide on that, unknowing about the fact Rinaa had plenty of evidence if she did dare to deny anything.

At the station, she pulled out the travel card out of her jacket pocket and swiped herself in, following Rinaa onto it and down the train, wondering why Rinaa was heading right to the exit door. "uhh...okay" she called back, unsure of what she was agreeing to. Before she could really compute anything she was watching as Rinaa opened the emergency exit door and clinging on by her limbs and belt. "bloody hell Rii!" she exclaimed whilst nervously laughing, perching on the edge of the nearest seat, keeping an eye out on Rinaa and for anyone coming over to tell her 'cousin' off for doing such a reckless thing on the train.

(that's fine!)

Had Rinaa been sober, she would more than likely still have attached herself to the side of the train in such a way. The only difference was that had she been sober she would have been half exhilarated she was doing such a thing and half shitting bricks terrified because she was doing something that could so easily go so horribly, fatally wrong. Despite the daredevil stunts she and Leah and were prone to doing, they weren't completely fearless like many in the family thought they were. Part of the reason they did such things was because the double whammy of the adrenaline (released from the exhilaration of said stunt) and fear hormones (released from the fear of death of said stunt) made the whole experience better.

With so much alcohol in her however, it was just pure exhilaration and recklessness joy coursing through her veins. Attili trains travelled far faster than those of Earth and Rinaa found herself being buffeted by wind, her hair being raked back with so much force that it came out of it's punky gelled spikes and instead formed something wilder and more reckless, that could be accurately described as a combination of 'sex hair' and 'pulled through a hedge backwards hair'. Rinaa couldn't hold in the whoop of excitement brewing, screaming out in delight and exhilaration, the sound whipped away and lost in the wind displaced by the train. At one point she let go of the rung and leaned backwards ever so slightly, attached to the train only by a belt and her hooked feet it was a ridiculously dangerous position, but she didn't care. She hung like that for about a minute before adopting the safer position of gripping with one hand. By the time they pulled into the station Rinaa had been well and truly buffeted and nearly screamed herself hoarse, but she was glowing with exhilaration, a broad grin splitting her face in two as she unbelted herself and made for the exit of the station, wobbling almost comically as she tried to regain her equilibrium. "That was bloody BRILLIANT!" she declared joyfully.

Fia couldn't believe what she was witnessing Rinaa do that she just HAD to get her phone out and film it whilst laughing out of sheer shock and worry for her 'cousin' whilst also being utterly amazed that Rinaa was this much of a daredevil. She knew Leah could be a daredevil and she knew she herself could be one, but this in her eyes took all of that and blew her expectations out of the water. The way Rinaa was being utterly blown backwards whilst she remained firmly in place just amazed Fia completely. "you're insane!" she laughed, showing she meant it totally fondly and not in the least bit maliciously. If shhe was sober she probably wouldn't have even said what she did, but like Rinaa, her tongue was much looser now she was filled with alcohol.

She only stopped recording when she recognised they were coming to their stop and and Rinaa was unshackling herself from out the outside of the train and coming bsck inside to exit the train. She exited with Rinaa laughing at what she just did and how Rinaa was reacting to it, putting her phone in her pocket. "you're a crazy individual but that did look utterly incredible!" she continued to laugh, feeling just as joyous as Rinaa was, and she didn't even do the act. "if we have the opportunity we sooooo have to do this again!" she said gleefully, finding that Rinaa was indeed actually super fun to hang out with, especially when copious amounts of alcohol was thrown down both their throats. "if you're up for it that is!" she added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back