• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

A.J. turned to Elliott "you're never gonna beat her y'know" "he's not gonna beat me, unless you stop hijacking theses training sessions and turning them into public gladiator fights." was Jay's quickfire response, prompting an immature oooooooh daym from the others. Saoirse turned to Scott, "Your boyfriend is such a moron, I don't know why you put up with him." The vampire mock sighed "well all the good looking ones are either taken or straight" he gestured at Kane "or not my type or clearly hung up on somebody else" a gesture at Elliott. "so I'm left with this one." A.J. rolled his eyes well used to the teasing and the underhand jabs that they regularly made at each other. Scott slung an arm around A.J. "he's not that bad though" he conceded.

Elliott didn't speak, he was too busy gulping down water, while Jay wiped the sweat off her staff.

(Last post for today)

Kay watched the lot of them tease AJ. She could tell it was out of respect and love for the guy. It didn't stop though her feeling like the outsider she was just looking in. It made her miss her old life greatly.

She leaned back in her chair whilst pulling a few strands of hair out from the underneath layers and just mindlessly braided them. Another little habit of hers she did at random times. She'd never have ties to keep the braids, so she'd unbraid the hair and start over again. It's just how she was. Things remind her of old times and she withdraws completely.

She couldn't help but still ache inside a bit for needing some kind of affection. Scott and AJ's relationship just made her think of her moves on John and she had to focus on anything to not think about it.

John knew fulll well that in this group he was the outsider. Nothing new there, he was pretty much always the outside when it came to teams. But there was a lot that could be learned just by watching how they acted and reading between the lines of what they said. The group was tight, and he uad no doubt they respected each other and would fight tooth and nail for each other when the time came. But Jay did seem to be on the fringe of the group, not quite fully a part of it.

The break lasted for about fiteen minutes, long enough for the two to have recovered properly. Jay and Elliott walked back into the arena and then a thought struck them, they might as well show off a bit. "is the zero-g working again?" Jay asked, with a smirk in her eyes.

In moments like these it really struck Kay just how different these situations affect herself and John. It was obvious to her that John was used to being the outsider that looked in. But she had a group, she had that tightness of other people around her and then had it ripped from her.

When they finished their break she looked up. Hearing Jay say what she did, she looked surprised. "Did she seriously say zero G?!" She thought, computing the question. "Wait..of course they'd have something like zero G...why should this surprise me?!" she thought more.

A.J. grinned triumphantly "oh yes, we three" the three referring to himself and his siblings "fixed it up properly last night. The gear is in the usual place, and it's the usual set up procedures too." The gang stood up and began to prepare the arena for the zero-g.

"Kane, I nominate you to go on controls." The blond guy nodded, and rolled his chair over to one of the computer banks, switching on a group of monitors. The others began to lift up the mat tiles, revealing a circular metallic ring imbedded in the floor. The metal was strange and bluish in colour, alien tech John realised. Ita had most likely been reverse engineered to suit the groups purpose.

Toby meanwhile made use of her circus skills and climbed upwards to the ceiling, and removed the ceiling tiles to reveal an identical metal ring. Jay and Elliott were each suiting up, a process which consisted of attatching circular bands around their ankles, knees, elbows and wrists, as well as placing one on the soles of each foot, three on their backs (arranged in a triangular pattern) and one on the back of their heads. A band was also attatched to the middle of each staff.

When this set up process was completed, everybody except Elliott and Jay left the arena. "we're clear for callibration. Start on mark" When everybody had sat down and the arena had been checked one last time by A.J. he gave the thumbs up and "mark." With that Kane fired up the rings, creating an intense blast of air, and forming an invisible force field.

Data streamed and when Kane was satisfied he called out "Mark and brace". And then, things got weird. Elliott and Jay were in the floor one second and floating halfway up, completely unsupported the next.

Not believing it completely, Kay watched as they set everything up. She was actually amazed by how much it took to set it up safely.

Her eyes darted from each of them when They all started relaying everything to each other. She watched when they lifted up into the air. The closest she'd ever heard or seen anything like this, was those videos online of the people in those tubular rooms and flight suits. This was so much cooler to see.

"So cool" she muttered to no one in particular, she was just expressing her thoughts openly.

John was damn impressed, once again. He was serious impressed by the sheer calibre of technology and facillities these guys had amassed. How they managed that, without getting noticed by one of the bigger hero groups was beyond him. "Alien tech, reverse engineered and modified. It was my project for the past while. it took forever to get working." A.J. responded, delighted that his good work was being recognised.

Still floating, Elliott and Jay performed a selection of flips and bounced against the forcefield, trying to get a feel for being in zero-g. They'd done it before, but it always took a while to adjust.

Kay looked at AJ when he explained everything. "Well I'm impressed AJ" she replied to him honestly. He clearly did an amazing job with it all.

She looked back towards Elliott and Jay as they adjusted to the whole new situation in the arena. It honestly looked fun to her if it was to be under any other situation other than training purposes.

Kay could tell just about that John was impressed aswell. She figured their talk earlier made her a tiny bit more in tune to his mannerisms and body language. Sure, she had a lot to still learn about him but she thought maybe, just maybe, she was on the road to figuring him out better.

A.J. grinned at the compliment. "well, he is technically the owner of a genius level IQ." Saoirse added with a smile at her brother. It was true, A.J. had been given an IQ test at a very young age and the results were astounding. His genius mainly manifested itself as an ability to understand how to fix, solve or improve and sort of system or piece of machinery/technology.

Jay and Elliott righted themselves upwards and moved to face each other. They drew their staffs upwards, and even that movement caused them to move in the zero-g. With a look and some unspoken signal they began to fight.

It was clear that the zero gravity made the whole dynamics of the fight change completly. It was more graceful, more fluid, almost more like a dance than a fight. They moved through the air as they fought, even turning upside down as they fought.

Last edited:
Kay smiled and nodded what she said. It certainly showed how clever he was. "It shows" she replied to Saoirse.

She watched as they fought in the air. She really did feel like she was watching a perfectly choreographed piece for a while. She couldn't take her eyes off of the two of them. She was fascinated by watching them.

(Sorry it's short, I'm a bit stuck on a reply lol)

(It's grand, and besides, I'm wrapping up the fight scene now.)

The evenings fights resulted in another four tap outs from Elliott and none at all from Jay. Despite being in zero-g she was still able to get him into holds and positions that would break his bones if he tried to escape from them. At one point ot decsnded into full on hand to hand, where Jay showed that she was both a brutal and a dirty fighter. Martín appeared after a while, and joined the audience, he had traits similar to those of both his younger siblings.

Elliott and Jay were both shattered tired after the fight. The next twenty or so minutes consisted of the rest of the gang shutting down the zero-g aparatus while they recovered. John leant a hand with it.

It was eventually time to leave. John was deep in conversation with Elliott about the fight when Kay felt a hand tap her on the shoulder. It was Jay. She hadn't changed out of the fighting gear, but up close Kay could see that the pupils of her eyes were molten and silver in colour.

Kay kept out the way when they began the dismantling of the zero G before it was time to leave. She wouldnt have known how to help so she let John do the helping instead.

As she she was about to leave with John and Elliott, she felt the tap on her shoulder and turned round on her heel. She wasn't expecting Jay to be there. "Jay, err..hey. everything alright?" She asked, wondering what Jay could want with her.

Her eyes were incredible though. She had never seen eyes quite like hers. And she had seen Elliott's change colour and was aware her own eyes did so too.

"Today yes, but I'm here to give you a heads up, because I doubt it occurred to either him" she gestured at John "or Elliott to inform you about the what the significance of tomorrow is. Considering you're living with them, it's pretty stupid they wouldn't think to tell you" she wasn't going to mention it either, but Jay figured Kay deserved a heads up about the inevitable weirdness of the next day.

"Elliott will most likely vanish for the entire day, but if he is around at all around, the chances of that being minute, he'll be monosyllabic and easily angered. John will be withdrawn, even more broody than usual and an emotional wreck. I doubt he'll sleep much either. I'm telling you so ypu don't go thinking something like its your fault or whatever."

That was the longest amount of words Kay had ever heard her speak in one go, her accent was barely there, but there was something starnge about the way she spoke.

Kay glanced at both John and Elliott when Jay featured to them both, before looking back at Jay. When she said about tomorrow being a significant day for them, she remembered John briefly and vaguely mentioned how Elliott would need someone to care for him because of tomorrow.

"Thanks for the heads up. Truly. John sort of said something without saying anything earlier. But I appreciate you telling me something a bit more substantial." She told her honestly. She want going to say John didn't think to tell her because she made moves on him, throwing the whole subject probably out of his mind.

"I'll keep it in mind not to take it personally. I'll just be there IF they need me. Oh! And thanks helping me the other night. You really saved my skin back there." She added, having been meaning to thank her all night now.

Jay had the same habit of shrugging off thanks that Elliott and John had. "It was nothing, and besides I probably should have acted sooner" She should have, but had chose not to, not wanting to use her powers. Not wanting to remember what she was and what she had done. Her silver eyes betrayed no emotion, just maintained the same liquid appearance.

She began to walk off, then turned back "Oh yeah, and A.J. says if you ever want to get in touch with any of us, the numbers are in the phone."

She let Jay walk off when she turned back to say one last thing and she smile and did some sort of salute with two fingers, flicking them away from her forehead. "Thanks for the heads up!" She replied, before catching up to the John and Elliott.

Despite Jay brushing off her gratitude, she was still glad that she got to finally thank her properly. Having caught up to John and Elliott, whom she was quickly considering as 'her boys' she spoke up. "Read to go home?" She asked them.

Inside though she was thinking about Jay told her. So she decided she'd just make life as easy as possible for them both tomorrow by staying out the way but also decided on making her signature dish and dessert for them both tomorrow. She didn't care if they caught her doing it or not.

(Her wave similar to this:)

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_nplx9ebQbE1qkszlf_400.gif
    tumblr_inline_nplx9ebQbE1qkszlf_400.gif
    335.3 KB · Views: 2
"Yeah" "Yup, I don't want to spend the night on the beds here as comfortable as they are." Elliott added. He crashed in the base occassionally. There was an open invitation to crash if anybody ever needed to. Saoirse, A.J, Martín and Scott actually lived there. The three siblings having rooms above the restraunt while Scott had a basement room.

The three walked out and were back in the apartment within twenty minutes. Elliott threw his bag down on the couch declaring first use of the shower, he did smell pretty rank after the intense fighting. He sounded like a normal stereotype teenager as he stalked off. John sat down on the couch and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it and slumping back with a book.

Kay chuckled at Elliott. From the way he did indeed smell, she wasn't going to object to him using the bathroom at all. She sat in her favourite corner of the couch, kicking her boots off and pulling her feet up onto the couch.

As she sat there she was planning in her head her little secret plan for tomorrow. You could see her brain working as she stared upwards making a mental note to make sure they had everything in she'd need, as she wasn't sure how she'd get away with going out and being able to get back in because of all the protection John out on the door.

"John...If i have to pop out tomorrow, will you make it easy for me to get back in?" She asked, still thinking of a million things at once.

John looked up from his book, her request made sense, he used magic and a blood bond to get in and out. But Chas didn't use magic, so he'd had a key made. And a spare or two, in case he did ever need to give out others. "Yeah, I can give you a key, but I'll need a bit of your blood though"

He went back to his room, leaving the book on the table. He came back a few moments later with an ordinary key on a strip of black leather.

She nodded, feeling not surprised by his reply. She would have been surprised if there wasn't some kind of catch. She waited for him to come back before sitting up on the couch properly.

"So..the blood, some kind of prick of the finger deal?" She asked looking up at him. It was all she could think of honestly, but she was sure John had many ways of extracting blood from people for rituals and the likes.

"Something like that, I usually just go quick and dirty and slash open my hand with a knife. Not that much blood is needed." He responded, looping the thread of the key around his left hand and holding out a dagger in his other hand. The dagger was a slim, sharp edged blade, the handle wrapped in black leather with a series of runes carved into the hilt. It was suirable for throwing, but could be easily concealed.

Nodding, Kay held out her hand to him. "whatever you need to do" she told him. If it meant she could fully accomplish her secret plan to make life easier for them tomorrow she'd gladly give him a bit of her blood.

She realises that any other person would no doubt run a mile the moment they caught sight of the dagger John was weilding but not Kay. She'd been around long enough not to get freaked out by it. Even though she probably should have done, considering it was a blade that did her damage and killed her only the other night.

John took a hold of the back of her hand with his left. Just like Elliott his hands were calloused from repetitive parkour, but there was alsk a selection of faint scar lines from whenever he'd required his own blood. He flipped it sideways and in a swift motion made a small diagonal cut along the side.

Her blood slowly dripped onto the key. All John said was a simple somatic and the blood that hit the key glowed pale green before just melting into the key. He let go of her hand and dropped the key on the table, before wiping the knife on the hem of his shirt.

Kay watched as he took her hand and did the simple looking ritual. His hands may have been calloused but the times he's held her arm or hand, she's never minded the state of his hand.

She watched as her blood glowed before disappearing into the key and he dropped it on the table. "Thanks" she said, clenching her hand closed before reopening it, healing herself. She was glad she still had the knack of healing minor injuries without causing herself more damage.

She sat back on the couch like she was before sitting forward and pulled her hoodie sleeves over her hands. She felt glad he trusted her enough to give her a key to his place.

"Try not to lose it yeah? I'd have to get new locks if you did. Can't risk just anybody walking into this place." He added before holding out the key to her. It looked exactly the same as before, slightly battered. A new key would look too suspicious so all his spares had been bashed up a bit.

He noticed that her hand had healed, but didn't comment. He already knew why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back