• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Interstellar: Mission Pangea (Rough-ish Interest Check)

RealisticFantasy

✯ Raccoon Catcher ✯
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

interstellar-541dd6756e663.png

fox.png

Dear worker,

Congratulations! You have been selected to participate in an innovative launch in space exploration. Due to your exceptional talent and continued employment at Starfox Enterprises, we are extending this invitation to you, dear worker. But be warned. This expedition is not without danger. The destination planet is entirely unexplored and we cannot not be certain that any intelligent species will be kind, if any exist. Below you will find the estimated calculations for the planetary information. These calculations are purely mathematical and cannot be guaranteed to match the actual statistics of the planet. If you decide to participate in this unprecedented adventure, be sure to inform your supervisor immediately to begin preparation. We hope to see you soon!

Miles Hale

Head of Interplanetary Operations

Planetary Information

Planetary Information for: TFTS1M22-EAS

Planet Type: Terrestrial

The planet is a typical ball of rock and metals orbiting a sun. Most terrestrial planets have atmospheres, and many have developed life.

Terrain: Forest

Forests occur most commonly in temperate zones, but they can also occur in very cold or warm areas. If they receive a great deal of precipitation in tropical areas, they are called rain forests. Forests may be active year round, or may be seasonal (most of the plants go into hibernation during cooler seasons). They generally receive ample rainfall.

Temperature: Temperate

Temperate planets average between -5 and 29 degrees Celsius, and are in the most comfortable temperature bands for humans and other life forms.

Gravity: Standard

Standard gravity is that which is most comfortable for humans. Standard gravity includes several gradients of true gravitational pull, but is placed within this convenient grouping.

Atmosphere: Type I (Breathable)

A type I atmosphere has a proper mixture of oxygen, nitrogen and other gases so that humans and comparable species can breathe it unassisted. These atmospheres may have contaminants that over the long term have a detrimental effect. Planets with a type I atmosphere will have life or at least had life recently.

Hydrosphere: Moderate

The planet is 15-49 percent covered by land. The planet has large oceans and probably a well-developed river network, especially if the planet has large hills and mountains. There are probably many different terrain types.

Function: Exploration

This planet, and the whole system for that matter, has seldom been visited, until now, when the characters have arrived. Exploration planets tend to have primitive technology levels (if there are even sentient species). There are few urban areas, with the emphasis on dangerous wilderness. Lost artifacts from past ages may be on these planets, or there may simply be wandering tribes of aliens who are eager to trade. These planets may be rich in natural resources. There may be some hint of galactic civilization in these systems, or on the planet in question -- perhaps a secretive trader has retired here, or fugitives may be hiding here. These locales are excellent for hidden bases, or if near important trade routes, may be a convenient stopover for independent traders.

Government: Alliance/Federation

Several different groups (tribes, nation-states, corporations or whatever else) have formed an alliance. The degree of cooperation and the vitality of the alliance differs from situation to situation. Typical purposes for alliance include an improved economy, mutual defense, or the arrival of a situation so compelling that the different groups can put aside their problems to accomplish "a greater good." Betrayal is always a possibility, especially if there are other competing alliances.

Tech Level: Stone

Stone level civilizations have loosely-knit cultures and the basic social unit is likely to be the tribe. The society makes and uses stone tools and may have developed primitive agriculture. These people do not understand the concept of money, so trade will be by barter. There is no transportation network.

Starport: Landing Field

There may be a flat space on the ground for ships to land. There is no control tower (there may not even be other starships on the planet). Fueling and repair services are probably unavailable at any price.

Estimated Data:

• Pressure:

101.95 kPa (1.0064 x Earth)
  • Length of Day:

21.62 hours
  • Length of Year:

360 days
  • Axis Tilt:

7.12°
  • Density:

5.509 g/cm^3 (0.999 x Earth)
  • Atmospheric Composition:

76.5% nitrogen, 22.3% oxygen, 1.1% argon, trace other gases
  • Population:

Approximately 95 thousand

Calculated Planetary Layout:

worldgen.gif

Species

Talegans

e48effad24d938c65beef8a55c3c03e0.jpg

Description: Talegans typically reside in the mountainous areas of Pangea and generally avoid contact with other species. They are easily aggravated and exceptionally strong. Though some are graced with charisma, many are not due to the species' ignorance of others' customs and their short tempers.

Appearance: Talegans are often described with a demonic appearance. They are generally humanoid with a pair of horns from their heads and a pointed tail. Just as humans can vary in shape and size, so can Talegans - their horns especially. Common skin colors for Talegans are shades of red and blue, as well as skin colors common among humans.

Strength(s): Physical strength, balance

Weakness(es): Short temper, cultural ignorance, limited people skills

Catali

miqo_te__yoreen__by_nfouque-d7mvmz2.jpg
Description: The Catali are a generally friendly and personable species. They can often get along with anyone unless that person goes out of their way to frustrate a member of the Catali. The agility makes them greats fighters and performers.

Appearance: The Catali are a humanoid race with many feline characteristics. These many vary from patterns on the
ex2.jpg
skins, a feline face, a tail, and pointed ears. Some members of the Catali will exhibit all these characteristic, some will exhibit only one or two. The extent to which these characteristics occur also varies so some races of Catali may exhibit more feline characteristics than humanoid and vice versa.

Strength(s): Agile, charismatic, creative, quick

Weakness(es): Longer sleep durations than humans, hydrophobic

Vensilans

20110708110604!Silurians-series-5.jpg
Description: Vensilans are a reptilian species that typically reside in the heavily forested areas of Pangea. They have a natural resentment toward those that lack respect for the planet which they inhabit. Vensilans are familiar with many types of natural substances and natural poisons and care deeply for the health and maintenance of the planet.

reptilian_humanoid.jpg

Appearance: Vensilans have a humanoid body and face structure. However, their skin is covered in reptilian scales which can vary in color from greens to browns or a combination of both. Some races of Vensilans have reptilian tails and fangs while other lack other reptilian characteristics.

Strength(s): Knowledge of nature and poisons, stealthy, natural camouflage

Weakness(es): Cold-blooded, impersonal

If you'd like to create your own species, simply include an outline similar to those above in your CS. We can discuss the details if an issue arises.

Plot and Rules

A team of specially-trained experts is launched into outer space in the hope of landing on Planet TFTS1M22-EAS, also called by the more common name of Pangea. The trip will be, without a doubt, risky. Earth's best scientists aren't entirely certain that it exists or if it does, that it will follow their predicted model. The only way to know for certain is to risk the lives of a few brave volunteers who are each an expert in their field.

When the team lands on the planet and their communications go down, they have to rely on each other and their expertise to survive the unknown dangers of the planet. Left to their own devices, it is up to the team whether to be a friend or foe to the unwitting natives. Will they be the first to befriend these foreign species or to conquer the new planet?

I'm looking for people to play both humans from Earth and Pangea natives. This interest check is subject to change. I've been working on it for a few days now and just want to put it out there to gauge interest. I'll continue to work on it and improve it. Please let me know your suggestions and/or constructive criticism if you have any in mind!

If you have any concerns regarding these or any other details, feel free to pm or tag me!

• Proper grammar is a must

English doesn't have to be your first language but you must understand how to write it. A few mistakes every now and then are okay but if you write in "txt talk" or just have terrible grammar, you will not be accepted into the roleplay. This is absolutely non-negotiable.

[*]A minimum of one response per 3 days

• This requirement may be negotiated in certain circumstances but it's important to be online often to help move the plot along

[*]A minimum of three paragraphs per response

• A paragraph, in this case, is defined as at least four lines of solid content

[*]Being rude out of character is unacceptable

• Your partners are your friends. You should bond over the RP, not bicker and argue. In character, there are no restrictions as long as your character has a good reason.

Application

This questionnaire is not your character sheet. You do not have to include every detail about your character. It doesn't have to be pretty. If you want to provide a more complex, prettier version then go ahead (I love reading character sheets!). This is the minimum I'm looking for to consider a character for application. Let me know if you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns.

1. Character Name
  2. Gender
  3. Birthday/Age

• Acceptable Formats:
    • November 19, 2010 (5 years)
    • 3 May 2000 - 15 years old
    • August 28 {38}
    • Any variation thereof

[*]Race

[*]Area of Expertise if human/Role in tribe, etc. if otherwise

[*]Personality

• 1+ paragraph of description
  • Feel free to add more!

[*]Background

• 1+ paragraph of description
  • Feel free to add more!

[*]Images and/or physical description

[*]Further Information

• Any other details you want to add
  • If none, mark as N/A

[*]Writing Sample

• 2+ paragraphs, doesn't have to be using this character

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems very interesting and well thought out. Will you be making a list of potential areas of expertise to avoid repeats/give players ideas as to what you're looking for?

QueenWarri said:
This seems very interesting and well thought out. Will you be making a list of potential areas of expertise to avoid repeats/give players ideas as to what you're looking for?
I like to leave characters open to whoever want to participate. So in the event of repeats, I would notify the secondary person of the issue. If the character are already diverse enough, I don't see it being a problem. If you're uncertain of applicable areas of expertise, just imagine the sort of people you would need to send to an entirely new planet that you plan to explore and/or colonize. So maybe you need a linguist and a botanist or a mechanic and artillery man. It's open to you guys! Let me know if you'd like further clarification.

ShadowWalker254 said:
Wow, I really need to learn how to use bbcode, it makes this look slick. Also, this would be a brilliant idea!
Ahh! BBCode isn't that hard. I could teach ya! This isn't even some of my best work (in my opinion). And thanks for your interest!

If this is still a thing I would be very interested. Contact me to fill out the application if you're still going through with it.

Interesting. Tag me if you find yourself in need of someone to take on native roles. I think it would be interesting to try the other side of a first contact scenario.

Sorry guys! I've been super busy lately. I plan to get this off the ground by the end of the week. In the meantime, feel free to begin to develop your character and don't hesitate to tag me or pm me if you need clarification.

RealisticFantasy said:
Sorry guys! I've been super busy lately. I plan to get this off the ground by the end of the week. In the meantime, feel free to begin to develop your character and don't hesitate to tag me or pm me if you need clarification.
I'm excited for this one. Hope it's ready soon. :D

I'm interested!

@RealisticFantasy, out of curiosity, what level of technology do the natives have? Wait- never mind I found it :)

Guess who's working on having a thread up within the next 20 minutes? It will begin to be better organized and more developed as time goes on. But character applications will officially open as soon as I get the thread up

RealisticFantasy said:
Guess who's working on having a thread up within the next 20 minutes? It will begin to be better organized and more developed as time goes on. But character applications will officially open as soon as I get the thread up
Hell yes, I'm stoked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back