• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Interest in a Homestuck rp?

crybaby

Super High School Level Idiot
When I say this, I don't mean that I plan on making a thread soon. It might never happen. I just want to gauge an interest level (and if it gets enough enthusiasm, maybe I will make an rp).

Basically a generic Homestuck rp. No canon characters, all OCs. I want to keep both the light hearted and serious tones in the comic, so yeah. I'm pretty tough on characters so don't reply if that's not your strong suit (omg that sounds really mean, I'm so sorry. I'm not great at characters either I just hate role playing with sues and I have a hard time turning people down).

Thanks!

Seeker of the End]Count me interested. There was a dice rolling system developed that was pretty good for homestuck. It's pretty good. [URL="http://homestuckrpg.tumblr.com/tagged/Rules/chrono said:
http://homestuckrpg.tumblr.com/tagged/Rules/chrono[/URL]
Oh, cool. I didn't know about that. I don't usually rp with dice (I have never fully understood it) but it'd be neat if I figured it out. Thanks for showing me.

The last game that used this system was pretty good. I was a Seer of Time, but our GM dropped it before we got past our individual planets.

[QUOTE="Seeker of the End]It's pretty simple, that and free-form RP combat ends up pretty badly. Dice eliminate the ego-measuring contest.

[/QUOTE]
mmm, yeah. No matter what somebody always ends up godmodding.

In said game, some idiot decided it would be a WONDERFUL idea to prototype Superman. I'm kind of glad we never continued, it would have been nearly impossible to win.

[QUOTE="Seeker of the End]In said game, some idiot decided it would be a WONDERFUL idea to prototype Superman. I'm kind of glad we never continued, it would have been nearly impossible to win.

[/QUOTE]
Oh my god. How is that even possible?

Do you mind explaining dice to me a bit? I always get a bit confused by it.

You basically roll one 10 sided dice for actions, and you add number modifiers based on your equipment and skills.

For example, if you want to lift something, you roll 1 10-sided dice and add, for example, your bonus of athetics 5 interest you get that dice result + 5 for your final action score. You compare that to values set by the GM and if it works, it works.

As for how, Superman Comic book.

I've actually got a couple OCs, Witch of Heart and Seer of Heart who are part of the same session. It would be nice to have a chance to use them.

So it seems people are interested. I'm going to try and learn a bit more about dice rp, and see if I can begin to comprehend it.

okay, so sorry if i dont respond to posts some asshole made my entire screen flash nick cage pics and i cant see anything. i'll be back when i fix this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back