• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Interest for Eragon themed roleplay?

Jtucker19

Hi! I'm looking for a group of about 3-5 people to partake in a role play based on the Inheritance cycle universe! I've got ideas for a basic structure as well as a storyline but am also open to working as a group to form how we want it to go! I am also open to a 1x1 if group interest doesn't seem to happen.

Oh yeah I'd be interested in this for sure! I'm a massive fan of the Inheritance Cycle, read the series multiple times.

Oh yeah I'd be interested in this for sure! I'm a massive fan of the Inheritance Cycle, read the series multiple times.
Fantastic! I'd like to give it a couple more days to see if anyone else is interested but I'm glad to see that if all else fails we could do a 1x1. I'm OBSESSED with the books as well! I just started his new book too. It's pretty good thus far!

What kind of literacy requirement are you thinking? I'd totally be up for an Eragon RP, although it's been forever since I last read any of the books.

What kind of literacy requirement are you thinking? I'd totally be up for an Eragon RP, although it's been forever since I last read any of the books.

Woot woot! I am looking for a definite FANTASY writing style (as in appropriate dialogue, no modern day slang and all that) but other than that I'm open to whatever we bring to the table as a group! I will be asking for a writing excerpt from everyone who joins but that's more of a formality just so I can get to read some of your writing! Unless it's clear that someone doesn't have even a rudimentary understanding of the fantasy genre im more than happy for them to join!

As far as knowledge of the book goes it's recommended but most definitely not required. As someone who's mildly obsessed with them I'm sure I could answer any questions that arise along the way!

Woot woot! I am looking for a definite FANTASY writing style (as in appropriate dialogue, no modern day slang and all that) but other than that I'm open to whatever we bring to the table as a group! I will be asking for a writing excerpt from everyone who joins but that's more of a formality just so I can get to read some of your writing! Unless it's clear that someone doesn't have even a rudimentary understanding of the fantasy genre im more than happy for them to join!

As far as knowledge of the book goes it's recommended but most definitely not required. As someone who's mildly obsessed with them I'm sure I could answer any questions that arise along the way!

Sweet, that sounds pretty neat. I'm 100% extremely interested to see where this is going. Did you have ideas towards the base plot or what time period you'd like this to take place in (before/after the book series)?

Sweet, that sounds pretty neat. I'm 100% extremely interested to see where this is going. Did you have ideas towards the base plot or what time period you'd like this to take place in (before/after the book series)?

I have a very VERY loose plot but am 100% open to whatever we all bring to the table. I'm gonna make a post soon about how I plan to get things started and we'll kinda go from there. To put it very plainly I want us to make our characters and then see where we want them to go, not just location wise but personally, romantically because that will influence how the story goes. I want it to be quite a community effort as well. Nothings worse than when you as an author have plans for your character and someone does something that screws everything up so I want to avoid that as much as possible. I don't know a concrete way to ensure this doesn't happen yet either so I'm open for ideas!

Hey folks! I'm so glad to see that my proposed rp is garnering some interest! So far there are three people who've expressed interest so there's looking to be only two spots left. I want no more than 5 people as that can get a bit overwhelming and difficult to follow and keep track of. That being said, I've had some questions that I figured I'd take the liberty of answering here as well!

"When will the story be set?"
About 16 years or so before what happens in the book, during Eragon's formative years. Technically speaking, it wouldn't make much sense for there to be a dragon rider but we may just overlook that for the sake of being able to role-playing dragon riders if we want.

"Do you require a writing sample?"
Yes! But it's a very informal thing! I would just like a short writing sample showing that you have a good grasp on the fantasy genre. Even if you don't thats no gurantee that you won't be able to join us. There's always room to grow i just want to get a feel of where everyone's at.

"Does it matter if I've never read the Inheritance cycle or haven't read it in quite some time?"
Not at all! Though knowledge of the book would 100% come in handy it is not necessary! I'm not even ashamed of my obsession with the book so I feel that my knowledge will be sufficient to answer most if not all questions! There are also numerous resources on the website that I'll leave links to once everything is begun!

"How developed is the plotline?"
I have a LOOSE plotline, but it's very flexible. Think of it this way: I have the main questline but am 100% open to side quests as well as additions to the main quest. It all depends on the characters that we choose to role play and what we want them to go through/experience.

Now that that's out of the way (feel free to ask any other questions) I'd like to talk about how I'd like to get things started (and keep in mind all of this is still flexible.) I think I'd like to see ideas we have for characters. Below will be a basic character sheet! If you are still interested go ahead and start working on that and let me know if you have any questions!

Name:

Race:

Orientation:

Language:

Physical Description:

Personality:

History:

5 Aspirations:

5 Fears:

5 Positive Personality Traits:

5 Negative Personality Traits:

P.S. I have a filled out version of this character sheet if you would like one for reference!

I have a very VERY loose plot but am 100% open to whatever we all bring to the table. I'm gonna make a post soon about how I plan to get things started and we'll kinda go from there. To put it very plainly I want us to make our characters and then see where we want them to go, not just location wise but personally, romantically because that will influence how the story goes. I want it to be quite a community effort as well. Nothings worse than when you as an author have plans for your character and someone does something that screws everything up so I want to avoid that as much as possible. I don't know a concrete way to ensure this doesn't happen yet either so I'm open for ideas!

Sounds good. I've got some ideas ticking around, but nothing too concrete quite yet. I'm going to need a bit more information on what's currently going on in the setting in order to feel comfortable designing any backgrounds for my own character. I would prefer to create a dragon/rider duo, so I'd be interested to discuss more about how we might work any new dragon riders into the setting.

I’d be interested in joining: would it be possible to have an elf dragon rider by any chance? I have a loose idea for a character

Name: Niphredil (meaning ‘Snowdrop’ in Sindarin Elvish)
Alias: Snowdrop/Rey

Race: Elven

Rank/Role: Dragon Rider - bonded to Asena - a white female dragon who is slightly younger than she herself is, and her name means Goddess of Life

Orientation: Bisexual

Language: Elvish/English (hint of an Irish accent)

Physical Description: A slight elven girl with piercing emerald green eyes. Niphredil has long mid-back length white hair - the cause for her name sake and fair skin. Her hair is slightly wavy and is silky to the touch, often worn down or in a ponytail when she is riding her bonded dragon. She stands at a small height of 5 foot 2 inches and has pointed ears common to her race. She wears a dress whne not riding which is the same light emerald green as her eyes, with dark emerald colored trim and the fabric is made of silk. When riding her clothes are more practical, a pair of pants that are light weight and black in color with green embroidered ice-like patterns and a blouse that is white like her dragon, helping her blend in easier. She has a circlet of emeralds often worn around her head, the largest gem resting in the center of her forehead and golden belt of metal swirling in flower like patterns around her waist and a circlet around her upper forearms of the same material.
dciv6le-ce26d07d-a0a7-4f10-810c-04b504e39009.png

(photo credit by Aoleev on Deviantart)

Personality:

History:

5 Aspirations:

5 Fears:

5 Positive Personality Traits:

5 Negative Personality Traits:

ps: i would love to see a filled out form for reference

Last edited:
Sounds good. I've got some ideas ticking around, but nothing too concrete quite yet. I'm going to need a bit more information on what's currently going on in the setting in order to feel comfortable designing any backgrounds for my own character. I would prefer to create a dragon/rider duo, so I'd be interested to discuss more about how we might work any new dragon riders into the setting.

So I did come up with a way that I feel would explain away pretty much anything. My basic plot point is that most of it us gonna take place on a far off island. But things would change depending on how many dragon rider characters we have. For example, if we have a lot of dragon riders then it would be set back in the time of the riders and we could all just be riders that were sent to investigate this disturbance in another land. Even if we had a couple human characters I could think of ways to get them there. Does that help? Is there any more information I could give you? I don't wanna give too much away so that there are still some surprises as we play but I do want you to have any information you feel you might need!

Attached is a filled out sample of the character sheet!

Name: Unknown "The Pied Piper'

Race: Spirit

Orientation: Pansexual

Description: No one, save the Evil Witch and some of her compatriots have seen the Pied Piper close enough to describe them as anything other than a hauntingly beautiful array of multicolored lights. The Aurora Borealis in human form.

Personality: Unknown

History: Arnaud Fife was the first born son of Bernau and Aliénor Fife. From a young age his Father set high expectations on him to learn the family trade: ratcatching, and so as Arnaud aged and his interests leaned more towards the arts, in particular music, his Father became increasingly frustrated with him. This frustration lessened, somewhat, however when it was discovered that he was to have a sibling, a baby brother. Arnaud's Father instead focused his attention on his upcoming son, one that he hoped would be less of a disappointment than the former. Though this neglect pained Arnaud, it suited him fine, giving him more time to devote to his musicianship, a skill which his Mother told him was the only thing that calmed his growing brother's incessant kicking. The labor was a difficult one, and when the baby was born it was discovered that he was deaf. Bernau, Arnaud's Father, Aliénor's protests, snapped Arnaud's fife in two, claiming it was his ever-present melancholic music that caused the baby to lose his hearing. Months later Arnaud found an alluring piece of pinewood out in the forest and fashioned himself a new fife. When it was discovered that Aliénor was pregnant with a third child, Bernau forced his wife to consume large doses of Calendula, an herb generally used for ear infections and aural maladies. The overconsumption of these herbs, however, forced the child to come prematurely. Bernau's third child, a beautiful baby girl, was born with deformed and underdeveloped legs. Bernau, in his anger and shame took to drinking heavily and became obsessed with producing a "decent" and "worthy" child; Aliénor soon discovered that she was once again with child. Healthy was their fourth child in all manner, save for the baby boy's pale gray eyes which bore no sight. Arnaud's Father, unable to bear his shame in siring a fool, a dead, a cripple and a blind, numbed himself with endless drinking. He blamed his misfortune on his wife Aliénor and had no qualms with presenting his judgment in a physical manner. Whenever Arnaud would try to intervene, to protect his mother, he would receive the same merciless treatment. One fateful day, his Father went too far, and Arnaud returned to his home to find his inebriated Father wavering clumsily over his Mother's lifeless body, his knuckles red and bloody, his face ruddy and flushed from drink. The cries of Arnaud's desperate siblings. The sight of his mother's battered corpse. The acrid stench of the ale on his Father's breath. These things clouding everything around him, he killed his Father.
A group of men led by the Governor of Storybrooke himself happened upon the macabre scene. Horrified, the Governor ordered his men to seize Arnaud and his siblings at once. Adrenaline and shock pumping through his veins, Arnaud fought like a feral beast to keep the men away from his siblings, but at the tender age of only 14, he was quickly routed, but not before he managed to irreparably maim the Governor himself. Though this act would normally be punishable by death, concessions were made for Arnaud's age and fragile mental state. He was, however, deemed too unsafe for the people of Storybrooke, and so he was exiled from the town, never to return on pain of death. Swearing to return for his siblings, he left the town and took refuge deep in the forest, in the tomb in which his mother had been buried across the Weser River. It was here that he began his plot to rescue his siblings, and it was here, years later, living amongst the very rats his Father used to catch and kill, that he met the Evil Witch. He came to her begging her to give him the power to get them back. She granted him his wish, transforming him into the hauntingly beautiful Pied Piper. But the witch was more cunning than Arnaud had ever imagined, and every wish granted... has a price....

5 Aspirations:

To save all children from their parents.
To rescue his brother and sister.
To kill the Governor.
To kill the child traders.
To undo his pact with the evil witch.

5 fears:
Harming Children
That someone will find his pipe and use it against him.
The Dark.
Being alone
That he will never be reunited with his siblings.

P.s. this was from another role-play I had taken part in but the principle is the same!

Fair enough! I like the element of surprise by also enough t create a base story line : I’d be good with human riders going to a new land; maybe if there was a limited rider amount between races it could be connected somehow and the different races would have to work together to try and solve the said problem? This would incorporate the human riders and other races of riders (like elven riders and human riders ect.)

right now the idea I have for a character is an elven girl who rides/is bonded to a white female dragon ...

thank you for the example!

Fair enough! I like the element of surprise by also enough t create a base story line : I’d be good with human riders going to a new land; maybe if there was a limited rider amount between races it could be connected somehow and the different races would have to work together to try and solve the said problem? This would incorporate the human riders and other races of riders (like elven riders and human riders ect.)

right now the idea I have for a character is an elven girl who rides/is bonded to a white female dragon ...

thank you for the example!

I'm loving your character so far! You've layed a good framework for a character! I'd love to see you go more in depth as far as her history goes! I think there's room for growth there and I find that a characters history can help so much in discovering their personality, fears and aspirations and such! I also have a couple ideas to run by you about a way your character and mine could be linked! I'll message you!

'S this still open?
Yep! Right now we're just working on characters! It's looking to be as if we're all going to be riders, and so it'll probably be set in the time of the riders! So for now I'd say just get to work on your character sheet and let me know if you have any questions! 😊

Yep! Right now we're just working on characters! It's looking to be as if we're all going to be riders, and so it'll probably be set in the time of the riders! So for now I'd say just get to work on your character sheet and let me know if you have any questions! 😊

Coolio! Time to break out the wiki because I remember exactly 3 races from the books XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back