• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Interest check on two Ideas for group Roleplay

Renna

The Blade Dancer
This is an Interest Check for a dystopian sci-fi roleplay called Waker's Requiem. This is a rather involved group effort role-play, and it'll probably be a bit mature, so I guess: Rated M for Language, Drug and Alcohol Use, Suggestive Themes and Violence, haha. Anywho, disclaimers and whatnot out of the way, included here is a bit of information to get readers acquainted and hopefully interested in this world I've dreamed up. Just the important bits, a list of species that populate the world, a bit of a history lesson, and I'll add the Character Sheet for the character I'll be using for this story for good measure.

INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF WAKER'S REQUIEM:

The year is 2261, nearly a century after America was rebuilt from the wastes of World War III. New Motor City had grown exponentially as a new government formed, a true United Nations made up of the four re-emerging superpowers, Germany, America, United Kingdom and Japan who’d finally succeeded in unifying with China. What was once a shanty town built out of scrap metal and pre-war ruins is now a massive mega city, spanning from old Detroit to what was once New Jersey and reaching up to three distinct levels. The FujiTek Corporation has majority control over most business interests in the world, but there are some smaller corporations that still give them competition. Crime has overwhelmed in the lower levels with the Civilian Security Coalition even going so far as to deputize a mercenary company known as the Hunters’ Guild to help stem the tides of street crime.

Demi-humans, who were once feared and avoided, have found a niche in society typically using their gifts to aid progress, though, since Prophet City fell to the sea, it has become clear that the mutations are now getting less extraordinary. Androids are a typical sight, usually within a support role of someone important. Hackers and couriers are common, with many pressured companies hiring them under the table to help them get an edge, even government officials hire these “runners” in order to keep their assets or secrets safe from more sinister intentions.

A Haven had risen from the ashes of Horror, The Waker has watched from the darkest corners, but something old is stirring causing the Waker to stir something old to help him. Good Morning, New Haven, it looks like a beautiful day.

SPECIES OF AFTERWORLD'S EARTH:

-Human: Basic Sentient Life-form of Earth

-Demi-Human: A mutation of humanity, produced by the exposure to irradiated Novalite dust

-Android: A synthetic being, any self aware or programmed shackled Humanoid Machine

-AI: A completely self aware virtual being.

-Super-Human: A super soldier either designed by the NAC (as is Renna's and her siblings' cases) or by other means

-Cyborg: Biomechanically Augmented Human, Super Human or Demi Human.

RENNA'S CHARACTER SHEET:

Name: Subject Six

Preferred Name: Renna

Species: Super Human

Natural Abilities:

-Enhanced Physical Strength (She can lift 6 Tons and smash tank armor to pieces with her bare fist.)

-Enhanced Agility and Reflexes (She is able to dodge Automatic Gunfire, sometimes to the point where she can almost flick the bullets away from her path.)

-Enhanced Senses (She sees, hears, feels, tastes, and smells better than any standard human)

-Enhanced Metabolism and Stamina (She can fight tirelessly for about 22 hours before needing sleep, though she is almost always up for a fullcourse meal)

-Enhanced Speed (She can run nearly 100 mph - Top Recorded Speed 97.3 mph)

-Enhanced Immune System and Radiation Resistance (She shrugs off sickness like dust and can actually survive in heavily irradiated areas for about 3 days without showing signs of radiation damage to any aspect of her health, meaning she can take up 10 rads per second for 3 Days without health decline.)

-Enhanced regenerative abilities (Most injuries are healed withing hours or days with severe injuries taking a week to two weeks)

Blink Module Abilities:

-Blinkshift: A Short Distance Teleportation technique nearly unique to her, her destination must be within her line of sight.

-Blinkbullet: Her Blink Module supercharges her atomic structure giving her the ability to run at light speed for a short distance. She uses this in conjunction with her Super Soldier abilities to create a lightspeed tackle.

-Blinkprinter: A built in 3D printer that gives her a supply of extra gadgets as long as the hard-disk within has the blueprints and data to work off of.

Currently available Blink Printer blueprints:

-Miniature throwing knives

-Ballistic Boltneedles

-Grappling Hooks

-Impact Activated Smoke Pellets (Requires Magnesium Infusion to craft)

Equipment:

-Prototype MKII Void-Light Blink Module – The only one of its kind, the manufacturer is unknown but it seems as if Fujitek had at least seen this device, because the models they build for the Hunters’ Guild are highly similar except that they use a high-watt Arc-light oscillator matrix instead of a void light collider matrix in the power generator.

-MMsM4 .45 Cal Semi Auto Hand-cannon by FujiTek Arms Division – A big-ass pistol lovingly called the brain-blaster by thugs.

-Six Cutters - Hyper durable throwing knives with superheated blades, inspired by the knives she used during her former life, can be used to throw or as close quarter slashers.

-Void Cutter (Void Light Assisted Machete)- A Weapon she acquires in her career inspired by the weapons used by a particular bounty she took down.

-Sony Walkman and a collection of old Cassette Tapes – Her music, which is something she holds very dear to her

-Medipack filled with “Redistributed” Medical Supplies that were supposed to go to a Hospital – A med kit she built up by pilfering items off medical supply trucks and taking down drug pushers in Undertown.

-Lockpocking kit

-Two EMP grenades – bot busters, fry any motherboard in its range.

-Two Demolition Charges – Fragmentation Mines

-Two Knockout Grenades – Gas Bombs

Backstory:

Renna was born in 1999, six years after the devastation of World War III. She was the sixth in a series of 10 super soldiers that were supposed to aid the New American Confederacy (NAC) in the reclamation of the Wasteland that was once America. She was among the top of her peers, besting every physical examination with ease, acing every mental exam with the same lack of effort. This led to three of her siblings including herself being given authority over their own small teams. From the age of Eight till the age of 19, Renna led a team including herself and two other Subjects on high risk NAC raiding missions, but in 2018, her family was put in stasis following a disaster that almost caused the Destruction of NAC Forces and New Motor City. One of her siblings had suffered acute Neuro-Tissue Degeneration and went berserk, attacking anything that moved within his line of sight, she was successful in putting him down, but the heads of the NAC military were afraid of a repeated event, so they placed the remaining 9 in stasis, a move which led to her further questioning the NAC and her stance on being on their side.

November 2018: Renna's Squad was ordered to do recon on a SoD Base near the newly founded New Motor City in what once was Detroit, MI. Her team dropped down at 0230 hours and was supposed to be extracted 36 hours later. She didn't see the terrorists that the NAC said the Stronghold Defenders were, she saw them feeding the hungry, helping regular people build homes, helping the people of New Motor rebuild in the aftermath of nuclear holocaust, a stark difference to how she'd seen her own superiors treat people. Killing them, beating them, starving them if they weren't purely human anymore, forcing them to live in internment camps that the NAC built. It made her question what side she should be on, but her orders took precedence due to conditioning. She and her team continued for another 19 hours, logging the Stronghold's activities for recon, until her squad mate Subject Ten began running towards the base. He'd screamed in agony, alerting the Stronghold to his presence, gunfire became inevitable. Renna could see the pain he was in, Subject Ten's mind was literally rotting within his own skull, and he felt every cell begin to burst. Renna had only one option, to put him down before he took everything he could with him in his failed attempts to have someone help him. She did so, and made her report, four months of deliberation and meetings followed before the higher ups gave the order to be put on Ice.

Personality Profile: She is quiet, quicker to act than to speak. When she does speak she is snarky and uses sarcasm to enrage her opponents into giving her an opening. She has a kind heart, she feels compelled to help those in need and will go above and beyond to do what she feels is her duty as a soldier even if that means stealing stuff from others. Due to many years being trapped in what was more or less a hospital ward she has developed a psychological inability to trust a doctor in a lab. She will stubbornly refuse medical treatment unless she has no other option. Furthering her already incredible abilities is her subsequent training to be in the Hunters' Guild a bounty hunting coalition that goes wherever the quickly growing Civilian Security Coalition won't go, and she has quickly become one of their deadliest members. She has a cold almost mechanical and articulate speech pattern that often underlies how she feels. While she isn’t at all very expressive with her emotions, she is quick to protect that which she cares about, and she has a deep love for the music of the 1980‘s and 1970‘s particularly Rock Music.

HISTORY LESSON:

World War III began as a coverup, erasing the existence of a meteor comprised of an unknown material that level New York City in 1993. It was during this time that the government split into two factions, and retreated into cheap, Mass Produced Plugs they built to cradle society through the horrors of nuclear holocaust. Years passed and those on the surface were changed, intense radioactivity made the dust kicked into the air by the meteor they designated Prophet became a mutagen, making humans turn into hybrids, the demi-humans. Novalite as the dust became called was a fossilized genome structure, and became mutagenic when exposed to high levels of nuclear radiation. The NAC, the new Confederacy warred against these mutants in their struggle to reclaim America before the Stronghold, the people who originally tried to expose the truth about Prophet Strike.

Cities began to arise thanks to the efforts of these factions, Blue Fields in the north by the Great Lakes, New Motor City outside old Detroit, New Angel out of Los Angeles, over time, a new government took over the weakened NAC, ending the second War for the Dream and annexing the Stronghold into its ranks in 2095. This began the rise of New Haven and what would become the New Euromerican Congress' Capital city in the New Colony. Overpopulation led to a highly underfunded and understaffed police force, leading the corporate backers to instate a bounty system, a market cornered by a mercenary outfit known as the Hunter's Guild, a sort of justice for hire union, taking higher prices because they're "Professionals". Multinational Corporations like FujiTek control most of the military and police funding as well as global

trade leaving almost no room for a public sector, as most of the public services are offered by those very corporations. Black Market vendors operate in all corners of the massive megacity of New Haven from Undertown to the Cargo Shanties on the docks, down to the lower districts and even in the penthouse district. Life is beautiful in New Haven as people can forget their real life woes by taking an outer body trip to the Grid, a growing addiction amongst the more disenfranchised citizens wishing to drown their sorrows in cyberspace.

Last edited by a moderator:
My grampa just got his computer fixed so tonight I can bring them off my flashdrive and get em ready to post up, would I just post them here and like edit this post to show like the actual thing?

Well it'd still be an interest check but I want it to give like more of an introduction to the worlds and the stories cause the Stories are part of a big timeline thing. It's like, Waker's Requiem which is the one that is closest to being ready to start, is just one chapter in a timeline that has like 4 other stories at least that I've bookmarked as being put in somewhere in the timeline. So I'm thinking I'll probably edit this post to include some stuff from what I plan to make the actual thread. That'd work right?

Awesomesauce! Thanks for the help I hope you stick around to check out Waker's Requiem to see if you actually wanna be a part of it!

Alright guys! I edited this interest check to give information on Waker's Requiem! let me know what you guys think!

Omf- this sounds amazing. I have two OC's that would fit perfectly into this. Let me know when the thread is up!

Speak of the devil haha! Very well! In the meantime if you have any questions about the universe or story outline that you'd like to ask, fire away here or you can message me, and this goes for everyone interested!

Speak of the devil haha! Very well! In the meantime if you have any questions about the universe or story outline that you'd like to ask, fire away here or you can message me, and this goes for everyone interested!

This looks very nice and I'd really like to join once this turns into an RP. I do however, have a complaint: Renna's introduction, skills and history sound waaay too awesome. I don't know whether I'd be able to keep up with that should I make my own OC.

As it seems to be my nature to ask stupid questions, I have a stupid question: Did you actually make all this yourselves or is this based off of something? The huge artificial city reminds me of the one in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and you made Renna's equipment surprisingly detailed. Regardless, consider this post a compliment (including my "complaint" ^^).

She doesn't have all of them at the start, she starts off only with the pistol and her old knives, then she gets her blink module, she gets the rest later on through the story, I just felt the need to put her completed build as her CS.

The reason her physiology is so enhanced is because she was designed to take down the original generations of demi humans who could almost always shift into an astral form that doubled their already insanely destructive abilities. She was created to counter them, now she has to deal with cyborgs, androids and refined Demis that have adapted and refined the new genome structure, which forces her through the story to get other equipment and abilities.

It's my creation, but I'd be lying if I said my imagination wasn't influenced by a lot of sci fi sources over the years, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back