• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy \\\ Interest check for a group of bandits ///

Insecure

Alright, so long story short. My friend and I have role played for quite a few years but real life got too busy for her and basically we don't write together anymore (tragic i know). 

We started out role playing The Hobbit. During our writing, we created a group of bandits. They weren't heartless assassins (well, perhaps one was), but they actually had some means of a moral code. You know. They had a conscious. Robin Hood type stuff. Tryin' to survive, taking from the rich...and giving to the...er. Well, actually, they usually just kept the loot for themselves.

I alone created around seven different bandits. Each unique, each immensely fun to play.

And I was just sitting here like...man. I miss it. I miss writing this. I miss writing for a group of misfits.

So basically, I'm here to ask, would this interest anyone? Would you like to come together to create our own group of thieves? Who knows what kind of chaos we can create. What obstacles will come in our way? Doesn't an adventure sound enticing? I dunno about you, but real life just ain't doing it for me. I need an escape.

This could take place in Middle Earth (we'd have the option for different races. Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves, etc.) OR if I find people are really against that idea, we could create a world all of our own. Middle Earth is kind of fun though sine the map's already laid out and such. 

I'm really, really into character development. I love to see characters grow, I love angst and drama. I love to see the bonds of brotherhood form...and die. Gosh I just love writing. 

Thoughts on this? I probably didn't talk it up as much as I could have...I just gotta tell you, in my 12yrs of writing I never enjoyed myself quite as much as I did when writing for a group of bandits.

There's a lot of brainstorming we could do. I wouldn't even object to this being 1x1 if there is limited interest. 

+ also! I myself am in my early twenties, just to give you an idea. As long as your writing is decent (as in no one liners) I wouldn't object to someone younger joining. As far as content goes, nothing too mature. Basically don't include something that you wouldn't see in a Disney Marvel movie. I want to make the fun and comfortable for all partaking in it. The violence may get a little mature depending on what happens story-wise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very interesting. Do please count me in.

Awesome, super glad to have some interest ~! Sorry I didn't respond earlier; I didn't get notified of any posts after mine. T^T

Once we get enough people, I could get something started. I'm really open to opinions/suggestions too. Or just hearing about your OC's. I'm all ears. :3 

Great! I'm so happy to have interest in this. Wasn't too sure how it'd take. Trying to get some possible plots together. 

We'll need a leader for the bandits, too. In the past, I've always played the leader, but I am more than willing to allow someone else to be if someone would be interested in that role. I'm really flexible. 

Interested!

I'm not too good at being leader, so anyone can do it. I don't really care.

Middle Earth bandits would be so fun, in my opinion. That means I could be a SKIN-CHANGER!

or, y'know, a dwarf. Either is good with me.

Alright, this is great! I really wasn't expecting to get any interest. Really excited.

I'm going to get some stuff written up to get us started. I am leaning towards Middle Earth as well.

If there are any questions/suggestions don't be shy. My goal is to make this fun for all involved.

@Handabooo, you could totally be a skin changer! That'd be pretty rad. Dwarves are great too!  

Is it okay if I only have limited knowledge about Middle Earth? I'll do my best to read up on it, but I don't think it'll be the same as reading Tolkien's works :/  

Is it okay if I only have limited knowledge about Middle Earth? I'll do my best to read up on it, but I don't think it'll be the same as reading Tolkien's works :/  

Absolutely. To be honest, most of my knowledge comes from the movies and the first LoTR book. You don't have to bother reading up on it.  Really what we're gleaning here is the different races and the map. 

Again, though, if others disagree on this (I'm always open to hearing your input) we could create our own world instead. Elves, Hobbits, Skin Changers, etc...those could all be included irregardless of what we decide on.

I have a question...will female dwarves have beards as well?

Haha, good question! That is completely up to you. Personally, I never drew Dís (Thorin's sister) with a beard. I've seen plenty of other artists draw her with one, though, so it's really just about personal preference. 

Alrighty just a lil update.

I wrote up the possible 'jobs' available to members in the group. (e.g. healers, scouts, etc).

I got the rules finished up.

Working on the plot/setting.

This is taking me quite a while because I'm also working on schoolwork/orders but it is my hope that I can get everything together within the week. 

Are giants roleplayable? They are minor characters within the Middle Earth Lore from what I know, but I do enjoy them for what they are. I am completely okay with the rejection of that race. @Insecure 

Are giants roleplayable? They are minor characters within the Middle Earth Lore from what I know, but I do enjoy them for what they are. I am completely okay with the rejection of that race. @Insecure 

The more unique the group, the better. I would not reject the idea -- actually, that sounds very interesting. How large of a giant are you thinking?

From a quick study of its race, there are a few sub species, the average fairy tale human giant, the stone giant, and the tree giant (they seem closely related to another race). The average height is 12 feet. @Insecure

Mountain Giant.jpg

Mountain Stone Giant.jpg

From a quick study of its race, there are a few sub species, the average fairy tale human giant, the stone giant, and the tree giant (they seem closely related to another race). The average height is 12 feet. @Insecure

I'd be completely okay with this; I feel like it'd add an interesting element to the adventure.

The height/size of your character can be completely up to you; take all the creative liberties you'd like. 

I feel like a concept of learning how to live more civilized, like trying to learn a language while rolling with the gang can go well @Insecure

Hello! I'm up for this also. I'd love to play a regular elf or a human, male or female, depending on the other characters. Please do let me know once you start this out.

Hello! I'm up for this also. I'd love to play a regular elf or a human, male or female, depending on the other characters. Please do let me know once you start this out.

Awesome! I'm making good progress. I'll make a post and tag everyone that was interested once it's up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back