• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Institution of Super Human Advanced Research & Development (I.S.H.A.R.D) - Reboot

Sopranos

The Sop

"Mankind Fears What It Doesn't Understand"

joseph-martinez-skyline-07-final.jpg

It was 2040 and human discovered that among them, there were a few that different, more special than the rest of us. How special ? They're able to cause super natural phenomenon just by themselves, from their own mind or body. To start a fire from the palms of the hand, to possess a skin that's made of steel, or to stay under water as long as one desire. In another word, they're far more superior than a normal human in one term or another, they're Super human. The appearance of these "Superhuman" soon caused a huge impact in our society. Some of us wanted to know more about them, we wanted to learn about them. Some of us believed it's unfair and wanted them away from the human society, some of us believed they have rights and deserved a place in this world. Some believed they earn a higher place in society than the regular man. And to some, they should sacrifice for the next evolution of mankind, at all cause. Whatever the world wanted from them, their lives wouldn't be the same anymore. People with these gifts, whatever lives they had before, it would be different, people around them would treated them different, the authority would treated them different. But sooner or later, some of them, they would want to these gifts... to be stripped away... Because that's the nature of mankind.

Background
The setting of this roleplay takes place in 2040, when humanity discovered the existence of many gifted individuals among us. These individuals were able to possess and control superior abilities such as controlling elements, changing their shape or physically superior than a regular human in one way of another. For this, they're shortly labeled as "Superhuman". The existence of superhuman is discovered in 2035, when an organization called Institution of Super Human Advanced Research & Development (I.S.H.A.R.D) revealed themselves publicly to the world. I.S.H.A.R.D claimed that they were founded to help superhuman around the world, to help them control themselves and to find a place for them in society.

Institution of Super Human Advanced Research & Development is an organization that represents superhuman across the world. Their goals are to study, improve and protect the interest of superhuman in society. I.S.H.A.R.D was an organization for superhuman, and their appearance truly saved the life of many superhumans that were living among society, hiding their gifts. Ever since, parts of the world started to recognized ISHARD and the superhuman citizen. But then the same time, there were other organizations that surfaced, and their best interest wasn't for the superhuman. One largest example would be Phoenix, a paramilitary organization, their core belief is that superhuman must devote to the next step of human evolution, at all cause. Phoenix supports the principle that any methods of advancing humanity's ascension are entirely justified, including illegal or dangerous experimentation, terrorist activities, sabotage and assassination. So now, while the superhuman society have to earn a place in the world, they also have another fight again other enemies as well.

About
So... for short, this roleplay is about superhuman/mutant/inhuman fighting for their lives and rights in society. Our story should be revolved around ISHARD, its members and challenge, so our characters would be ISHARD staff/agents or allies.

This is an old idea that I liked a lots, but it died about a year ago. I wanna try it again now that I have some freetime again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back