• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Inspired by Music

apolla

โ› it's only love, nobody dies โœ

e4e1e500aecdb20ab2e9e52ef75a8219.png

I've decided to dedicate this thread to roleplays inspired by songs. You can find my main thread here if you're interested in my regular roleplay plots and such. Just a quick walkthrough of what I'm wanting from these:

-Detail. Doesn't mean I want a novel for every post, but put work and detail into your responses.
-No controlling my character.
-Don't be selfish.
-I will be playing the female in these, but doubling is a possibility 99% of the time. I love playing multiple characters.
-Romance is a definite must for me 99% of the time.
-Don't be afraid to get dark on me.
-Also, these are just potential ideas. Feel free to share anything you may feel when you listen to the song. Hell, feel free to share songs with me.
-Unless specified, these can be SoL or modern supernatural/fantasy. I love both genres.
-CRAVING: *When We Were Young
[div class=tabs][div class=tab style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;"]I
[div class=tab style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;"]II[/div][div class=tab style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;"]III[/div][div class=tab style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;"]IV[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentI"]
Click Tabs
For Songs!

I - Intro
II - Detailed Plot Ideas
III - Plot Bunnies
IV - Closed Plot Ideas

original.gif
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentII" style="display: none;"]

When We Were Young - Andy Black ft. Juliet Simms

Potential Plot:
YC and MC had some sort of relationship as kids/teens. Doesn't necessarily have to be a relationship, like dating, it could be anything from dating, to friendship, to even enemies. Whatever they were, there were feelings there. Strong ones. For whatever reason, MC left town probably shortly after graduating high school, maybe even sooner. Our characters lost touch, but they never forgot about each other. Years later, MC returns, only to run into YC. So much has changed, but their feelings are still there. Can they overcome how much has changed? [SO MUCH POSSIBLE ANGST]

-----------------------------------
Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift

Potential Plot:
YC and MC are both famous, or rising in fame. Models, actors, singers, whatever we want. One thing they have in common is that they are both hell to work with. But their producers have gotten together and are determined to make this newest project, where they both star, work. When our characters meet, sparks fly, but not the good kind. While there is mutual attraction, their pride and stubborn ways get in the way of them getting along. Their project begins a tumulus relationship between them; can they make things work, or will their fame go up in flames?
[Possible options:
1. They have to start a fake relationship
2. They actually know each other, possibly from childhood or a previous failed relationship]

Closer - The Chainsmokers ft Halsey

Potential Plot:
I'm thinking that YC and MC were together maybe, say, in high school. Their relationship was explosive. Maybe they fought alot, maybe he cheated, maybe she was crazy (aren't all females, haha jkkk). Either way, they broke up and went their separate ways after graduation. Fast forword four or five years. They have their own lives. Maybe they're married, maybe they have kids. A good job, probably. Either way they end up in the same hotel for the night or the weekend, and they bump into each other. Will they pretend to not know each other (probably not)? Will they talk? Even... have a one night stand? If so, could that one night stand lead to more?

Better Than I Know Myself - Adam Lambert

Potential Plot:
For this I don't have just one idea. This song and video, to me, is about some sort of internal struggle. Or external, for that matter. I have quite a few ideas for this, really. Someone dealing with some sort of mental illness, PTSD, something like that. Someone used to be one person, but something happened and now they have to struggle everyday to keep a normal face on. Or we could go the supernatural route, and maybe two people were friends (friends, bf/gf, etc.) and one got changed into a werewolf or vampire or something, and now they have to do the same thing. Anyway we can definitely chat about ideas if you have any if you listen to the song!

Heathens - Twenty One Pilots

Potential Plot:
"Why'd you come, you knew you should have stayed. I tried to warn you just to stay away. And now they're outside ready to bust... It looks like you might be one of us." When I hear that line, I think something gang related. Maybe YC has been a part of the gang life his whole life; it's all he knows. MC is relatively good, and doesn't know anything about the underground life. They meet and hit it off, but before they know it, shit gets real and deep. YC knows he needs to cut her loose from his life, but MC doesn't want to leave. And if she won't leave... she'll have to join. Whether that be joining his gang, or getting kidnapped by a rival gang and just becoming a part of the life, or something else is up to us.​
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentIII" style="display: none;"]

Criminal - Britney Spears

Potential Plot:
So I'm thinking that the girl in this plot is of higher class. A princess, or just a socialite/rich girl. She is expected to do things how she's told and be where she's told to be at a specific time. Her whole life is planned out, and then she meets the guy. He's a rebel, a badass, who doesn't live for anyone but himself. The RP would be about their affair/romance and we would see where it goes. ^^

For Your Entertainment - Adam Lambert

Potential Plot:
Similar to a plot I have on my main thread, for this, I imagine some sort of good x bad pairing. Generally, I'd want to play the good part of the pairing, but I might be convinced otherwise. If we did it that way, I'd imagine the girl would maybe be in some sort of relationship, maybe she's unhappy or just wants some sort of adventure. Along comes the guy, willing and ready to play that part. If you have any ideas, shoot them my way!

At My Best - Machine Gun Kelly ft Hailee Steinfield

Potential Plot:
Both of our characters are stuck in worlds where they feel like no one understands them or sees their full potential. Maybe one rich, one poor. We can throw anything in-- hell, maybe one or both of them is in some sort of relationship where they feel alone more often than not. A chance encounter brings them together, and they click, even if they know it could never happen.​
[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentIV" style="display: none;"]

Russian Roulette - Rihanna

Potential Plot:
[MC] feels as though she has the perfect life. Perfect family, perfect friends, perfect boyfriend. She loves her job. One day, everything changes. She meets [YC]. A simple chance encounter, something to be forgotten-- or so she thought. Her perfect life is shattered when her boyfriend, best friend, someone in her family goes missing. There is only a note addressed to her, that she must join [YC] wherever, to get him/her/them back. She goes to the expected address, alone as directed, and come to find out it's all a big game. One she must play in order to get her loved one back. If she refuses, or if she loses... they lose.

Hurricane - 30 Seconds to Mars

Potential Plot:
[MC] is happily married to [YC]. Their backstory is all up to us, but they have been together for a while at least. Enough for her to know that he is a simple bank teller (occupation can be changed) who comes home on time every night, and loves her as much as she loves him. A simple knock on their front door changes everything. [YC] has a past, and a shady one at that. It's finally caught up to him. The murders, the lying, the stealing. Whatever he's done, it's standing on his front porch. Whoever is standing there is up to us, as well as what could happen next. The stranger could be an old lover who felt she was wronged when [YC] up and disappeared. Or it could be someone [YC] used to work for, come to reassign him after finally locating him. Could be something totally different.
[/div]
[class=tabs] background-color: transparent; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px black solid; color: black; font-size: 18px; font-family: Handlee; font-style: italic; line-height: 2; text-align: center; width: 200px; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; box-shadow: 2.5px 2px 3px #888888; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 5px 0; width: 50%; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: black; color: white; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} I) (show tabsContentI) if (eq ${currentTab} II) (show tabsContentII) if (eq ${currentTab} III) (show tabsContentIII) if (eq ${currentTab} IV) (show tabsContentIV) [/script] code by g o l d i e l o x x [/div]

Last edited:
Ooooop!
So many good plot ideas!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back