• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [Ink and Roses] / Poet and Truffle's RP

Willow laughed again, reaching up and pulling another curl. She found it fun to watch them bounce back. She sat up and grabbed the blanket she had been using. She pulled it over herself, clearly intending on using his lap as a pillow. She closes her eyes, enjoying the warmth of another person. She let out a yawn followed by a squeak from the yawned.

"Glad you came, Blake." She mumbled, already feeling sleepy. She reached up and ruffled his curls. She giggled in a sleepy way and grabbed a pillow to put under her head so she could turn sideways without making him uncomfortable. She turned onto her side so her face was facing his stomach and closed her eyes again. "Goodnight"

She eventually fell asleep, not sure if he had eventually moved or stayed there

Blake watched Willow with curiosity, amused by her actions. The giddiness of the alcohol made her act a little childish and it was, if he was completely honesty, cute. When her intentions became clear Blake blinked, settling back a bit as she moved so it would be more comfortable for him. He gave her a small smile when she messed with his hair for the last time and continued to watch her as she prepared to fall asleep.

With her head back in his lap and her mumbling good night Blake smiled and returned the words. He was glad he had come too. He let her sleep for what felt like a very long time, eventually looking around to see if anyone else was awake. When he didn't see anyone he looked down at the sleeping girl in his lap. He didn't want to move and disturb her, she looked peaceful, but he didn't know if he could stay there all night. He wouldn't be able to stay in this position on all he knew that much.

He sat and weighed the options he had decided that if his parents didn't try to get ahold of him before morning asking where he was he would stay. He didn't know what enticed him to stay, he could have left any time he wanted to now. Maybe it was the comfortable weight of Willow sleeping in his lap. Or maybe it was his own foolish social ineptitude that kept him in place, afraid of moving out from under her and leaving because that would seem rude or something. Either way he carefully retrieved his phone from his pocket, keeping a hand near Willow's head in case she moved too much. With phone in hand he made himself as comfortable as possible, keeping himself occupied on his phone until he managed to sleep for a bit.

He woke up several times, which was normal for him, and when the cramping and pins and needles were too uncomfortable to bear he moved his legs. Willow now sleeping on his stomach with one leg shoved almost inside the couch so as not to bother her and the other dangling off the side of the couch to brace himself if he needed to move again. Every time he moved he was extremely careful, moving slowly to not risk rousing Willow. But by early morning Blake had needed to get off the couch, feeling like he had set for too long so he carefully edge out from under Willow, leaving her sleeping peacefully. He got a drink first, refilling the glass from earlier and then quietly moved around stretching his bored and cramped muscles. In the end he went back to the couch and sat down next to it, his back up against it. He dozed off eventually, tired from the day and the excitement of the party. Tired also from the time spent talking with Willow.

Willow slept soundly until around 8 am when she opened her eyes and squinted at the sun coming in her windows. She took a big intake of breath and stretched her legs out across the couch. She pulled the blanket tighter across herself and laid for a few minutes staring at dust particles shining in the sunlight. Eventually, she pulled herself up and glanced around. Everyone was still asleep. She was an early riser. After getting a pot of coffee started, she passed silently into her room, shutting the door behind her.

She stood in front of her mirror and ran her hand through her hair. She always hated the feeling after a party. Not the slight twinge of pain in her head or even the way her makeup smeared over her face, but the look exhaustion in her face. It reminded Willow of the perpetual look on her mother's face. A look she tried her best to hide from Julie because it upset her.

She looked away and changed from her clothes from yesterday to an ACDC shirt and black running shorts. She tossed her hair into a bun on top of her head, took off her makeup in the bathroom and took out the contacts she had slept in. She made a face at the gooey way they stuck to her eyes and put on her black framed glasses. She didnt have to be at the flower shop until later in the afternoon, given that it was now a weekend.

She walked back out into the kitchen and poured herself a cup of black coffee. Taking a sip, she opened the door to the fridge and grabbed a slice of cold pizza. She was surprised someone remembered to put it away. She grabbed her phone, leaned against the counter and scrolled through Twitter while munching on the pizza. She glanced around for a second time. Everyone but Will and Lilly had left. Normal. A lot of them couldn't sleep well and would often leave in the middle of the night just to calm their restlessness.

Blake slept unfitly up against the side of the couch. His glasses had fallen partially off at one point and now laid precariously in the fold of his elbow where it was draped over a knee. His other leg was curled under his propped up leg. His head lolled back against the couch, his ear turning red from the contact against the fabric. He had no dreams while he slept tonight, his sleeping far too restless. He was a partial insomniac, if not a full night owl. Or just, someone who didn't sleep unless forced to by outside parties or his own body's necessity. He slept maybe two to four hours a night and usual late after midnight.

And so, when the couch shifted with Willow's waking weight and then her absence Blake woke with a painful startle, his glasses making a heart stopping noise as the fell to hit his shoe. He silently groaned, his face contorting at the absent noise. He rubbed his face, his eyes blurry with sleep and he shifted so he was cross legged, trying to retrieve his glasses. He put them on and blinked as he looked around. He knew Willow was no longer on the couch so he grabbed the arm and the cushion and lifted himself to sit on it. His hair didn't look much different after he slept than it did normally but he ruffled it anyway to try and make it look like he hadn't just woke up. He looked around disconcerted, bring to memory that he was at Willow's. And this was the after party. It seemed most had left during the night. He vaguely remembered watching a few of them leave, not sure if he should give them a farewell so he had stayed quiet, trying to be half asleep when he wasn't. It was amazing he had managed to get sleep at all. He looked at his phone and cringed. The time was late, his parents would have been at work by now and Austin at school. His parents had only asked if he was alright and that his mother had fixed some breakfast that morning and if he came home it was there for him. The thought sent a pang of hunger through him. He hadn't eaten in a while. He should probably go then. He grabbed his empty glass from the other side of the couch and walked stiffly into the kitchen to put it wherever and leave. He didn't know where Willow was and thought about waiting for her but wasn't sure. He was still a bit confused from last night, she had probably been more drunk than he thought. If he did see her now maybe she would be surprised and wouldn't even remember what she had done.

Willow watched as Blake walked into the kitchen to put his glass in the sink. She fully remembered what had happened last night. Part of her was embarrassed, the other half of her didn't care. He didn't seem to acknowledge her presence so she took a sip of her coffee before speaking up. "Good morning." She mumbled, feeling the embarrassment now. She took a bite of her pizza and uses the same hand to push her glasses up back onto her nose. She put her mug down and rubbed her sticky eyes from the contacts. She wanted to tell him to forget what she had said last night, but that required bringing up what she had said.

Instead, she let out a slow sigh. "Hope you had fun. I think everyone really liked you." She decided to not bring up their conversation last night. If he still wanted to hang out with her then ok, but she was gonna let that be his decision. She took a slow sip of the coffee. It was her 3rd that morning. For once, she felt awkward. She had never been in this situation before.

Blake started at the voice and whirled around, barely managing to make sure the cup he was setting down was indeed setting safely on the counter. He blinked in surprise when he saw Willow and mumbled under his breath, feeling embarrassed for not having seen her. He was still hazy with sleep, and hadn't been paying attention so he wasn't surprised really. But still he was as always embarrassed.

"Morning, sleep well?" He asked, looking at her with a tired smile. He was still waking up. And he rubbed the side of his face, rubbing his ear a little too forcefully to try to undo the pinched pain that had come from sleeping pressed against it wrong. As he rested against the counter with a small yawn Blake wondered if she remembered last night. And then he glanced at her curiously, squinting slightly behind his glasses in surprise at seeing her wearing glasses. He smiled again, taking in how they framed her face and especially her eyes.

Blake smiled at her when she mentioned the others liking him, looking genuinely pleased and relieved. It was hard to tell when someone actually liked you and add alcohol and stuff, and it was more so. "I'm glad. That I could come. And that they like me." He said, finishing the vague and incomplete sentence with stilted additions. "And I did, have fun." He said, trying not too look to closely at her.

He felt confused in her presence now. She wasn't acting flirty and teasing as she had been at the sub shop. She wasn't giggling and drowsy from drinking. She looked absolutely exhausted and he felt his brow furrow slightly before he could help it, a look of slight concern flickering before he attempted to compose himself. He felt distinctly disadvantaged, and vulnerable. Not vulnerable to her exactly, he didn't think she held any threat to him. Especially not from the way she had talked last night.

The memory of her saying those things and touching his hair and falling asleep on his lap made his stomach churn and his cheeks heat. He felt an ache in his chest and he cleared his threat, pushing the thoughts away. She had been drunk, she probably didn't really even remember what she had done. And if she did? Blake gave himself a mental shrug. If she did let her bring it up. He decided. For now he would act like it hadn't happened.

Willow shrugged at his question. "I guess," she waved her hand as if to dismiss it, speaking quietly. She indeed did sleep well, but not for the reason she would like. She took a sip of her coffee and pointed a finger to the pot. "You can have some if you'd like." She moved her finger to point up at a cabinet. "Mugs in there." She mumbled, watching the concerned look flash across his face. He saw the look of exhaustion of her face, but she didn't bother to change it.

She was grappling with whether or not to bring up last night. She sighed and set down her mug. "I'm sorry about last night." Her voice felt weak but she kept going, running a hand through her hair. "I was obnoxious and drunk and high and I probably freaked you out." So many people had abandoned her after she did something like this. No matter what he said, her life was a mess and it sometimes felt like she couldn't stablize it.

Willow wrapped one arm around her stomach and continued leaning against the counter. At some point she would have to pick herself up again. She gave Blake a small smile. "I'm glad you came, actually."

Blake nodded dullly at her offer of coffee. He needed some to shake off the last disliked dredge of sleep. Walking over to where she had pointed out the mugs he carefully grabbed one, walking over and taking a little coffee and sipping it. It burnt his tongue and he winced at the heat but swallowed, letting it warm his hands to an uncomfortable point before setting it down to cool. He didn't like black coffee all that much but he wanted to be awake now so it was necessary. When she apologized Blake's gaze went from shy and uncertain to confused and full of refusal. He shook his head, his curls moving with the motion. He screwed up his mouth to bit his lip as he thought and then shook his head again, crossing his arms over his chest. His solemn expression was momentarily replaced with a glad smile, his lips parting to show his teeth. His face flushed again but not with an over abundance of shame or embarrassment but glee. He was glad to hear that. But he didn't let himself focus on that point for long. He looked at her with a bright expression before looking more serious, an eyebrow raised and honey eyes darkening with concern and thought.

"Why are you sorry?" He said softly, wanting to draw it out of her and everything that seemed to go with it. Her past included. Why she felt the need to apologize. "You freaked me out sure, but if you hadn't noticed it's not that hard. Don't get a big head about it." He tried to joke, a forced smirk trying to light up the mood.

He started moving towards her, drawn to her by the weary, vulnerable persona she had and stopped himself before he made a mistake, resting a hand on the counter. He doubted that worn out expression was intentional, and he felt concerned about her. He wanted her to be okay. He wasn't quite sure why he felt the urge to protect and care for her but he did and he wasn't about to just leave her here, especially after she'd opened the conversation. Or at all for that matter. He wanted to stay, in her life, if not necessarily the apartment. He liked her, found her intriguing as he'd ever known any one to be. And in a way, endearing. She didn't grow on him, it was different, more forceful. And whatever it was Blake realized that it suited her. She had the alluring air about her, one that sucked you in without you realizing it.

Willow was trying to move on, but when he asked why, she frowned then shrugged. "I dunno. Scares people away a lot of times." She finished up her coffee and placed the mug in the sink. "People don't like messy lives so they leave." She spoke like it was no big deal. She laughed at his comment and just shook her head. "I'm just sorry for it. I don't like dumping my problems on people."

She had always had that mentality. She could grieve all she wanted over her problems but she wouldn't let someone else take them on. Blake's life was too normal and she didn't want to make it complicated.

Her face had gone back to near normal after constant reminders to herself to just get the hell over it. She grinned at Blake when he walked closer. " I'm serious. Don't worry about me. I've gone 22 years and I'm doing alright so far!" She let out a laugh and poked his chest. She looked up at him and smiled. She felt like she had known him for so much longer. Like he was someone she really connected with, someone who she could trust. She reminded herself that they had just met.

Blake frowned thoughtfully at that and gave half shrug. He could understand that, could understand her and her reasons for apologizing. But he didn't have to accept them so much that he had to forgive her of anything. In his mind there was nothing to forgive. She hadn't chosen what had happened to her parents and maybe she made questionable choices on her own but that was of little to him either at this point. He didn't see it the way she did, that much was obvious. When she was finished with the sobering comments Blake stayed quiet for a moment, processing everything as he followed her with his eyes.

"Well," He broke the silence with the forceful word, saying it like a sigh. His face brightening as he looked at her. "I'm glad we sorted that out but i was referring to you using me as a pillow." He said giving her a comical look. He didn't feel nervous at the moment, perhaps it was the coldness of the previous moments talking about Willow's apology and what came with it.

"That definitely freaked me out." He said matter-of-factly, slowly wagging a finger at her as he looked up in the air like he was considering it. When he looked back at her his expression was eager, a smirk tentatively spreading across his face. Perhaps his awful habit of breaking tension with a joke wasn't so bad he decided, if he could make her forget for a moment the things that bothered her, and make her smile.

He grinned as she stepped closer and poked him, looking at her in mock offense. His glasses slipping as he lurched backwards a little and he had started to protest, the scorched tip of his tongue rubbing painfully against the back of his teeth. When he regained composure he smiled back at her, the rawness of his burnt tongue forgotten. He didn't say anything to her comments but gave her a look that said he knew better but his eyes glittered lightheartedly and it was, superficially at least, a joking one. Deep down he determined to look after her to make sure she was okay, because he didn't quite believe that she was "alright". Or perhaps more to it, that not everything was right in her life. But for now he let the conversation turn to more fun things and raised an eyebrow at her, a throaty "mhm" his only verbalized comment.

Willow stared at him with the comment. She opened her mouth to say something, then closed it. Had she really just said all these things to him and it was a misunderstanding? She furrowed her brows for a moment before returning back to a confused expression. What do you say now? She hasn't been planning to bring that up at all. She stayed quiet for a moment, glancing around her apartment kitchen like she hasn't seen it before. Her eyes finally went back to Blake as her face spread into a grin.

" Well it's not my fault! It was comfy!" And whatever cologne you use smells really good and you're good looking don't act shocked. She shook her head at his antics. She threw her hands into the air. "You were comfy, I dunno what to tell ya except go into this world and use this new information for good and not evil." She let out a small giggle at herself.

She liked this side of him. The kind that set her back for a few seconds with a comment she didn't expect. It showed intelligence and wit, something willow appreciated from people. She watched as he stepped backwards and laughed a little. "Alrighty then. You can be a smart ass when you feel like it. I'll have to keep that in mind." She looked at him with a smirk.

Blake watched her look shocked and almost dismayed phase before she turned back to him. He was crestfallen for a moment, worried that she might've missed his humor. He wasn't completely serious, he knew she was apologizing for her "messy life" but he hadn't known completely until that was what she talked about. He had just wanted to make her smile, feel a little better. He was begining to regret it when she turned back to him with a smile.

His worried expression vanished into a bright grin and escalated into a chuckle. He was glad to see that she was able to return the humor. Blake felt his face redden a little as she explained her reasons. He had already heard her say he was good looking but it, and the rest of it, still made him blush. He gave Willow an embarrassed smile, blinking as he tried to focus.

He was saved when she called him a smart ass and he looked offended, a hand on his best like he'd been wounded. "I prefer wise ass, thank you very much." He said, giving her a feigned, hard look. Then he replaced his hands on the counter, facing Willow with a faint smile.

Willow rolled her eyes. "Oh wise one." She said with a grin and a sarcastic tone. She walked into her living room and sat down on her couch. Her plan for the day was to watch Netflix until work. She wasn't sure if Blake was going to be leaving or staying, so she left space open next to her as an unspoken invitation. She didn't want to keep him there or make him leave. She turned on the tv and grabbed a blanket to wrap around herself. She glanced over at Blake and decided to say something.

" I'm just gonna watch some Shameless. You can join or you can go, whichever tickles your fancy." She half hoped he'd stay because she enjoyed his company. But she also didn't want him to feel like he had to. She was sure he had things he had to do, places he had to be.

Blake flashed her what he tried to make look like a pompous, self assured look, dissolving into a grin. He caught her sarcasm and gave her a hard look, narrowing his eyes. When she walked out of the kitchen Blake turned to follow, fishing his phone out of his pocket to check the time. He went to stand awkwardly by the open place next to Willow and listened to her subtle invitation. He frowned, disappointment sharp in his answer.

"I should probably get home, I need to get ready for work and stuff." He said, hoping she wouldn't think he was making excuses to leave. There was quite a lot he would like to say and talk about with her, and just relaxing after the previous night. But he hadn't been making excuses, he did need to get back. "Thanks for inviting me Willow, I'm glad I could come. I had a really good time." He said, genuine pleasure contained in his soft smile. He stood there looking at her for a split second longer, unsure of what to do before he gave her an uncertain smile and walked towards the door.

Willow looked at him and just nodded. "Yeah gotcha." She watched as he turned towards the door. "Glad you came, Blake. See ya around." She watched as he left. She sat, quiet for a few minutes before stretching out on the couch and starting the episode. She vaguely watched the show, something inside her bothered. She eventually turned it off, took a shower and got dressed.

She applied her makeup in her bathroom and examined her jeans, converse and black fitted band t-shirt. Good enough. She tied her hair into a ponytail and left for the flower shop, deciding she would go in earlier out of boredom.
"Where were you last night?" Julie immediately asked when Willow walked in. "I thought you were coming for dinner."

"Vee came over to watch movies and we kinda lost track of time. I'm sorry Jules." Willow felt a pang of guilt in her stomach. She had totally forgotten about dinner. "I decided to come in early and help you with bouquets to make up for it." She gave Julie a genuine smile and made her way into the back room behind the counter. There, she found herself surrounded by fragrant flowers. She sat down at a table and took her phone out. Upon seeing nothing in the texts, she set it down and grabbed a bundle of roses.

"Have you been talking to that boy?" Julie asked, a glimmer of hope in her voice.

" No. Haven't heard anything from him." She lied, not wanting to give Julie any false hope. Yeah sure he had come over and experienced drunk Willow but she didn't think it would go past that.

Blake turned at the door to give her a bright smile, his cheeks rosy and then shut the door as he stepped out. Willow's place and area looked a lot different in the bright light of mid morning than it had late at night. He walked away from her door though and soon oriented himself, walking towards where he lived. It took him less time getting back home than last nights trip had, the second time lacking the small turn around he had done. When Blake did reach home he eagerly got inside, ready for some of the breakfast his mother had told him about and for a nice warm shower.

He opened the door after twisting his key around in the lock and shit it behind him, striding straight for the kitchen. He slowly chewed through three chunks of his mother's coffee cake and downed a glass of milk before checking the time and walking up stairs, content with his full stomach.

The first half of the afternoon past quickly as Blake showered and changed. He left for the parlor a little early, for a reason even he didn't know. When he got there he greeted everyone, careful not to let them know how he had spent his night. He found himself casting hopeful glances at the store front across the street half way through his day and rubbed his eyes, shoving his glasses up as he did. He would text Willow as soon as he took a break from what he was doing he decided. Checking his watch he realized it would be roughly an hour before that opportunity arose to greet him.

Willow spent the late part of the afternoon putting together elaborate bouquets for brides that would be coming in that afternoon to pick them up. She set aside one she had finished so that Julie could put the decorations on it then chill it. She leaned back in her chair and sighed. Her phone had been silent all morning, but she told herself it meant nothing. He had stuff he had to do. It meant nothing to her anyways. A subtle scowl spread across her face. What did she care?

She supposed part of her was made nervous by Blake. The idea of getting close to him made her nervous. What if he got sick of her and abandoned her like all the others? Sure, past guys had done horrible things to her, but the worst they had done was break her heart.

The bell rang out in the door and Willow lazily got up to walk out to the store. She couldn't help but glance over at the tattoo place then back to the woman, who was already half way through her order. Willow scrambled to write it down and price it out for the woman. After the woman left, Willow leaned against the counter and stared off into space for a few minutes before bringing the order to the back room. She sat down and thought about her plans for that night.

Vee wanted to get her first tattoo. As flamboyant as the woman seemed, Willow was surprised that the girl didn't have any. After reading the text explaining what she had wanted, Willow wondered if it were a good idea to go across the street for it. Of course it was a good idea, they were fantastic artists. But did that make her look desperate?

Blake spent a lot of time wandering through the parlor today than other days. He took the opportunities to be out from behind the desk when he could, it was more fun to be a part of everything. It also wasn't terribly busy today and the door had a chime in it anyway so if someone did come in he could go right back up to the front. It was a relaxed job which Blake really enjoyed. The day still went by slowly though, but he didn't get his phone out to talk to Willow.

It wasn't that he didn't want to talk to Willow, it was more a combination of not wanting to overzealously bombard her with his presence. He was wary of becoming the guest that wouldn't leave, so to speak. But also because he wasn't sure what he would say. There were hundreds of things he would like to talk to her about, stories to share and ask in return, and on and on. But he also drew a blank when forced to have a simple conversation. It was no small wonder that he also endured the teasing of his work mates and his brother that afternoon either. They wanted to know if he had talked with her anymore and whatnot. He hadn't told them about last night, or anything from earlier that morning either. But he mentioned that he met some of her friends and that they seemed like cool people. He tried to leave it at that.

At one point he got bored so he went to sit at the front and got out his pens and markers. It had taken a lot of trial and error to find the right kind of drawing utensil that worked best on skin. Sharpies of course provides a "poor man's" source as Blake thought of it. But he disliked how they drew and smelled, they also stayed longer yes but that wasn't exactly the winning characteristic. Once he found the right kind though he had made sure he had dozens of them in all sorts of colors. He carried them around in a small pencil pouch in a small satchel that contained his sketchbooks and other things too. Spilling the markers out of the bag carefully Blake looked thoughtfully at each one. He was trying to think of what to draw today and rifled through the colors like they might be hiding the idea somewhere in their cluster.

When he stumbled across a very nice cool, luminescent grey Blake stopped, an idea occurring to him. He fished around for a milky white and a specific yellow. For good measure he frees out the black that he had done the humming bird and flower in yesterday. Setting them all down on his left Blake splayed his right hand out, relaxing it and making sure he had a good surface to work on. That was the difficulty with hands, the veins and tendons caused it to be an unsmooth surface. He also had to take into account how it would look with his hand either open or closed, stretching the skin.

The mechanics of it all down and satisfied with how the back of his hand was Blake picked up the pens and started to draw. He spent an hour mostly uninterrupted working, making sure it looked right. He liked taking his time. He could have finished it in thirty minutes or even less perhaps but unlike other artists he didn't push himself to see how fast he could draw something. He liked to enjoy the drawing of something, it made the finished product more enjoyable to him. And besides, he was bored and as much time as he could kill the better.

Willow checked her phone so much in the slow flower shop that she had to separate herself from it. She really wanted to text him, but she thought it would be too much from her part. She had used him as a pillow last night, for God's sake. She knew her personality was over bearing at times and didn't want to scare him away. Yet, she continued to think about the things she wanted to talk to him about. What was he drawing? Could she see them? She sighed and texted Vee.

Haven't heard anything from him today.

Since when did you become a teenage girl? If he doesn't like you, deal with it. But you can't play those stupid games.

Willow knew she was right, but the fact that she was right made her roll her eyes. She didn't want her to be right.

Lunch time finally rolled around and Willow was thankful for something else to do. She slowly sauntered out the door, putting in headphones and walking towards the shops and restaurants. Julie had brought her lunch that day, so Willow was just shopping for herself. She decided on ice cream for lunch. Something to make her day feel better. She walked into the small ice cream parlor and got herself a strawberry cone.

Sitting down at a table outside, she pulled out her phone and frowned at the messages. She put it face down in front of her and settled on people watching. It being lunch time, there were lots of people to watch. She settled into a daze made of summer heat, ice cream and the undeciderable chatter of people walking by.

Blake finished his newest design and looked down at it proudly. He pulled out his phone to take pictures of it and noted the time. He would need to go pick up lunch. Or perhaps he would just order a pizza or three and go pick them up. He got up to go check with the guys in the back to see what they wanted and take a vote. In the end pizza was decided on, and Blake was sent with an order for three large supreme pizzas. He called in to have it delivered to the shop. It would be about thirty minutes.

"Hey Danny do you mind if I go out for a bit, just until the pizza gets here?" Blake didn't usually leave the store while he was supposed to be working, unless it was to play delivery boy, but he was itching to go for a walk and there were no appointments today and any new customers could be easily handled by one of the others. It was not a tightly run ship in regards to who did what. Which made it easy on days someone called in sick or something. Or on days Blake needed to get out for a bit. His brother nodded, and gave him a quizzical look, his mouth starting to open. "No, I don't know, maybe." He didn't need to ask or have his brother even start his question to know he was going to ask after Willow. But Blake did want to see her.

He grabbed his phone from the desk and walked out the doors, looking over at the flower shop. He had no clue where Willow was so he pulled out his phone, it was necessary now, he told himself. 'Hey, I'm on a break for a bit, what are you up to?' He half hoped he might be able to see her for a bit but in case that wasn't to be he headed for the game store a few shops down. He liked it there, they had old board games, rp games, and a very nice collection of dice and cards. It had a nice atmosphere and he enjoyed spending time there. He had bought several of his own games from there, they were his go to supplier.

Willow was half way through an ice cream cone when her phone made a loud buzz on the table. Probably Julie asking where she had gone to. She picked it up and grinned when it was Blake. Thank God, she was driving herself mad. She typed back with one hand, fumbling with typos.

Eating ice cream for lunch. You?

She hit send and set it down again, letting her eyes move to the people walking by on the side walk, trying to fall into the daze again. But she couldn't. The excited feeling in her stomach was distracting and she hated it. Since when did she turn into a school girl fawning over a boy? Her thoughts were interrupted by someone sitting down in front of her. She looked up and her face went dark. Damon. Her ex.

"What do you want." She said, acid in her voice. Of course he would show up. His image of a large guy with tattooes and a leather jacket normally made her stomach flip. It just angered her now.

"Willow I'm sorry. I was wrong and I want you back."
"No."
"I still love you I love you so much. I deserved what you did to my car."

"Damon this is exhausting." She pinched the bridge of her nose in irritation. "You cheated on me. We're never getting back together. Ever." She stood up, trying to get away. "Go back to your little blonde. Go cheat on her!" She sat, her voice becoming louder. She knew if this continues they would draw attention.

Blake had walked inside the game store and was checking out a shelf of Settlers of Catan. He and his father enjoyed playing together and Blake considered getting another set to add on to the ones they had. He picked up one of the smaller add on boxes and was reading the back in contemplation when his phone went off. He expected it to be Willow and quickly pulled it back out. He read her message and gave a quiet chuckle. He juggled the game box in his arm, setting it back on he shelf as he texted her back.

'Nice. Don't tell Thomas though. He might get ideas.' Blake sent a laughing emoji with it and turned to occupy himself with the rack of fluxx games they had. That was a fun game the Donovan family enjoyed. Thomas was exceptionally spiteful during those games. Blake recalled many nights where they had refused to quit until someone won, often staying up past midnight.

He finished up after a few more minutes of browsing and thought about heading for the ice cream store he assumed Willow was at. He pulled out his phone to ask if she minded if he stopped by, asking if she was at the ice cream shop down the street. He added that he was thinking about seeing her, prefacing his questions with that comment. Blake sent the text and then wondered if he had sounded ridiculous, thinking maybe he should rephrase. He adjusted his glasses and let it go. He could wait and see what happened. He headed out to wall around a bit, stopping in to the video game store to say hi to a friend that worked there, asking if there were any new games he might be interested in.

"Willow sit down so we can talk." Damon frowned at her and spoke in a condescending tone.

" No I'm not sitting down with you." Willows voice was quieter now, but still defiant. Her phone buzzed loudly on the table. Both her and Damon glanced down at it. Willow swiped the phone off the table, giving Damon a cold look. "You need to leave me alone. Go away." Damon put his hands up in surrender and stood up, his height towering over Willow.

"Fine" he spoke coldly. "But when no one else will put up with your shit, don't come running to me." He glared at her, turned and walked away.

Willow sighed and sat back down, frowning at her ice cream. It suddenly didn't look very appealing, Damon's comment stinging her ego. She picked up her phone after a few minutes and sighed at the text.

Yeah you can join if you'd like. I won't tell Thomas.

She hit send and put her phone down, leaning back in her chair and frowning at the people walking bye. She didn't feel so content anymore. She slowly started eating her ice cream again.

Blake had left the stores behind by the time he got her text and gladly headed that direction. It took him a few minutes to get there, and he looked around for Willow. He saw her and headed over, coming up beside her and saying hi as he approached before sitting down across from her. He smiled at her and looked (and felt) a bit awkward.

He intertwined his fingers and set his joined hands on the table, leaning forward and trying to keep he sun out of his glasses, the glare awful at times. He watched his right hand carefully for a moment, sure it had dried but he was always worried it might smudge. Blake didn't draw attention to his hand, he didn't like to ever, but he knew, or rather hoped, that if Willow did happen to see what he had done she would enjoy it.

He had drawn the full moon, complete with fairly detailed craters which he had used the silvery gray to do, standing against the milky white. Then made a faint circle around it so it looked illuminated. The rest of the back of his hand was black with tiny stars. It had taken a full hour, most of it just getting the craters right. He had looked up a reference on his phone for that not trusting his imperfect recollection of the moon's surface. Over all, he was impressed with his handiwork this week. He had even chuckled at his own pun. He would have to start calling it that, it was witty.

Willow smiled a small smile when Blake showed up, Damon's words still echoing in her head. "Hey. Fancy seein you here." Her smile went crooked as she took another lick of her ice cream. She watched as he sat down a little awkwardly. She decided she had too much ice cream and got up to throw it away after munching on part of the cone. She looked to Blake, then down to his hand where the drawing caught her eye.

She stared at it for a while, taking in the intricate milky way and even the craters on the moon. The swirling colors against the stark white of the moon was beautiful. She grabbed his wrist and pulled it closer to her, looking at it. He had drawn the moon. A grin spread across her face, forgetting all about her encounter with Damon.

"I want this on my body." She suddenly declared with a nod. "I want the moon on my arm and the stars up to here." She motioned to the space beneath her collerbone. "Its beautiful and I want this one my body." She said again, not paying attention to his reaction. When she saw something beautiful like this, she always wanted it as a tattoo. That's why her arm was covered in flowers and a koi fish and various things all intertwined together over time. She looked up at Blake finally and gave him a grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back