• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [Ink and Roses] / Poet and Truffle's RP

Willow had eventually run off to Nate's apartment where Tanya and Walter were. Nate had opened the door and raised his eyebrows at her cheery, and also tired, attitude. She pushed her way in and stood in the hallway, explaining what had happened that morning. Nate had furrowed his brows and shook his head. "Only you can manage to pull this off, Wills..."

The four had settled in on the couch and lone chair in the living room. They turned on family feud and Willow shared a cigarette with Nate as Tanya and Walter got high. It was when her phone began buzzing in her pocket that she handed the cigarette to Nate and scrambled off the couch. She walked into the front hall of the apartment and answered after a few rings.

"Hey! What's up?" Her stomach began buzzing with butterflies. He had actually called her. She was still surprised that he had granted her forgiveness, even if it wasn't total. She was still shocked that what had happened...happened. Sure, they weren't 'official', but it still brought upon a silly grin on her face.

Blake was pacing a bit nervously in the foyer hallway of Blake’s house. His hand held his phone tightly as if he feared dropping it and he grinned sheepishly as Willow answered. His stomach exploded like firecrackers at her cheerful greeting and he stammered out a small laugh.

“Not much....just...just uh hanging out with my friends.” He struggled, pressing the heel of his hand against the bridge of his nose. He was a stumbling idiot around this girl, from the day he met her. He wondered for a second of teasing her about Boyd’s saying hi to her. He had made a joke when Blake left to call her about telling her it was too bad it wouldn’t ever work out between the two of them. Blake could tell it was a forced joke, him trying to cope with the mistake he had made. Blake had forgiven his friend but Boyd still regretted it. Although Blake doubted that he regretted the kissing. Blake couldn’t truly blame him for that though, not after the small one she had given him.

Blake stirred himself from his thoughts, deciding it best not to bring up what had bothered her so much that day already. He took a deep breath and turned away from the view of the living room where the others were giving him looks.

“So uh how is your day?” He asked, a blush forcing its way across his face as he groped for a lead into a proper conversation. Thoughts of her kiss raced through him and he felt his face burn even more.

(I just got back to school so my replies are gonna slow down for a bit until I get into the groove of things. Just a heads up!)

Willow grinned at the sound of his nervousness. It was rare for a guy to be nervous to talk to her, as if she was something worth being nervous over. “Yeah, me too actually. Tanya, Walter and Nate got together so I joined them.” She could practically feel the awkward. He was awkward, which was kind of endearing. She wondered how it had gone with Boyd and how his friends felt about him leaving to call her. She was sure they hated her. Her friends would hate him if he did something like that.

She let out a small laugh when he stumbled into a question. “Really great actually. It’s nice to have a day off for once.” She glanced into the living room where Tanya was explosively miming something to Nate, who just stared at her with a blank expression. She shook her head and turned away from them.

“Well I would really love to hang out with you again.” She spoke quietly, thoughts of the kiss they shared running through her mind. Her cheeks flushed. “But I’m not sure your friends would appreciate that...”

//Hey no problem : ) I’ll have that problem in a few weeks, I know how it goes.

Blake smiled softly at her voice and was careful to follow every word she said. He felt his heart beating too fast in his chest and he found himself stumbling to respond to her statement about wanting to hang out. He cast a curious look over his shoulder where the other four were entertaining themselves. Blake wasn’t sure either but he wanted to see her again.

“Well...uh...well we could give it a shot?” Blake winced and shook his head. “Or i can just come to you?” That wasn’t any better. Blake pressed his hand to his temple and fought the urge to bang his head against the doorframe he was leaning against. “I mean that I would really like to see you too.” He muttered, his eyes squeezed shut.

His mind was racing with the. consequential embarrassment and he took a small breath. He calmed his erratic heart and peered into the living room again before holding his phone closer to his ear. The screen was growing warm against his ear and he felt the cartilage and his glasses press together as he smashed his ear against the side of his head in eagerness to hear her. He hoped he wasn’t making a huge idiot of himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back