• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [Ink and Roses] / Poet and Truffle's RP

Blake had pulled his laptop off his desk and was looking through Netflix to see what he felt like watching when his phone went off again. He was sitting with his back against the wall and his legs crossed at the ankles. And with his laptop on his lap it made getting to the phone difficult. He shifted and wrestled the phone out with expected difficulties and looked at the text. He set his laptop aside for the moment, needing a better position to get comfortable in anyway and started to respond.

'Sounds fun.' Blake wasn't one for parties or drinking but he couldn't say he was surprised Willow was the type. That didn't really bother him either. When she said he was welcome to come he smiled and thought for a moment. He did want to, it would be nice. 'Alright, let me know what you decide?'

He still felt a bit foolish texting her but that was starting to wear off. He couldn't help but think about the possibilities of going and hanging out with her. His mind took the idea rampantly as he pulled his laptop closer and opened one of his shows, getting up briefly to open a window. The room had a bad habit of getting stifling and Blake couldn't stand being hot.

//ach, sorry, this seems short

((LOL nbd, I've sent a couple shorter ones))

Willow read the text then looked up at Veronica. "What are we doing? Has it been decided?" She found herself anxious to figure out what was going on so she could reply to Blake. Vee looked up from her phone and nodded. "Yeah. Is it alright if we all just hang out here?"
Willow nodded. "Yeah. Who's coming?"
Vee sat up, studying her phone. "Ok. Me and you. Obviously. Nate. Walter. Lilly's bringing weed. Damon's bringing pizzas. Tanya and Will also." She looked to Willow and grinned. "And I assume your boo?" Vee laughed her loud laugh when Willow threw a pillow at her.

She picked her phone up again and texted back. Sounds like we're all just hanging out here and having a little personal party. She added a sunglasses and confetti emoji before typing out the address of her apartment and hitting send. She looked down at herself and immediately decided she wanted to look at least a little better for her friends than just a tshirt and shorts. But how do you look good but casual enough to sit around with friends at the same time. She got up without saying anything to Vee and wandered into her bedroom. Clothes were everywhere. She groaned and started going through them. She eventually settled on putting on a black crop top and an oversized plaid shirt that went down past her butt.

She heard the door open and walked out to see Damon, Lilly and Walter already standing in her kitchen with pizza. The three were definitely unique people. Lilly had dark, mischevious eyes much like Willows, Walter was a tall string bean of a person with even more tattoos than herself and Damon was shorter and incredibly buff. She was always teasing him about his Napoleon complex.

Blake paused his show when his phone chimed again, eagerly picking it up. He read the reply and smiled to himself before sending her a reply telling her he'd be over soon. Then he got up and replaced his laptop on his desk and slid his phone into his pocket after writing down the address. While he went to get ready he let the address load in google so he would know where to go. He walked over to his small closet rifling through a folded stack of graphic tees. He pulled out a black one with an old Nintendo on the front and put it on, pulling a light gray dress shirt over it.

Going back to his desk to quickly look over the directions Blake palmed his wallet and put it in the back pocket, making sure his phone was also there before shutting the laptop and leaving his room. He made sure he locked the door behind him and briefly wondered if he should leave a note or something for his parents or brother. He decided they could text or call him if they needed anything as he walked down the drive, heading towards Willow's.

He arrived about forty minutes later, he wouldn't admit it but he got a little lost and had to recheck the address on his phone. As he walked up to the door he checked his hair which thanks to the curly nature was a bit unruly and he had no clue why he bothered. Instead he nervously took off his glasses, wiping them on the hen of his tshirt before putting them back on, knocking nervously on the door.

The rest of the six arrived shortly after the first three. Vee forced Willow to tell them all about Blake and the fact that he was coming and not to scare him away.
"So....that means we should whip out all the stories about you? Including the videos of you and Vee dancing down the street?" Will snickered, taking a sip of his alcohol. Willow laughed and shook her head.
"No!!" She did not want that happening.

By the time there was a knock on the door, most of everyone was high with a few shots in them. The music was practically shaking the walls. Some were sitting in various spots in her small apartment while others were coming up with hairbrained schemes. Will and Walter had a plan to see if they could build an outdoor elevator off her balcony, which Lilly was trying to stop. Nate and Tanya were dancing like idiots in her kitchen. Willow was high and about 4 pieces of pizza in when she heard the knock. She got up to go get it, but not before Veronica hooked her legs, causing her to crash to the floor. The short pink haired girl jumped over her and ran for the door. "Veeeee!!!!" Willow yelled, bursting into laughter.

Veronica flung the door open and grinned at the curly haired guy on the other side. "Darling!!" She cried exuberantly in her Boston accent, "Look at you, you're handsome!! I might steal you from Wills." In the living room, Will perked up. "Who are you stealing from me?!" By this time, Willow had scrambled up and appeared behind Vee.

"Hi." She gave him a grin. "This is Veronica." She pointed to the girl, who only stood at 5'1. Vee had been distracted by Will.
"Not you, Will! Do you have a curly haired boy?" She had turned to yell into the living room.
"What if I do?! You better not steal him!"
Willow watched as Vee scrambled back into the living room to engage in a nonsense argument with Will. She looked back to Blake. "Come in, they're not all like Vee, I promise." She closed the door behind him and walked into the living room. She began introducing people, pointing to the very different individuals. "Vee. Obviously. Will. Walter. Tanya, Nate. And the blonde is Lilly." Some turned to say hi, some were too involved in their own activities.

Walter was already standing up, grabbing a fifth of vodka. His height would be intimidating if he wasn't so skinny. He looked at Blake. "What's your drink huh? I'll see if I can make it? I swear I was a bartender in another life." He smiled a crooked grin.

Blake took a startled half step back as a pink haired whirlwind answered the door. He raised his eyebrows in alarm at her exuberant voice and blushed unbiddingly. He could make out the voices of other people inside and looked at Willow as she approached, a little amused and alarmed at the shout the other girl sent over her shoulder to someone else inside, smiling nervously at Willow. He reluctantly stepped inside, wondering if he had made a mistake but kept close to Willow, nodding at the people he was introduced to. He could smell the alcohol in the room and fought not to wrinkle his nose. He looked wide eyed at the boy who offered to fix him a drink and shook his head mutely.

"I, uh, I'm fine..." He stammered, he didn't want to make the boy feel bad and he half smiled at his comment about being a bartender. "I...don't really drink." He said, feeling heat spread across his face.

He was definitely the odd one out. It seemed like everyone else was drinking and enjoying in other stuff too. Blake felt the cold pit in his stomach form making him aware that this might have definitely been a mistake. But, he was here and he might as well see what he could do. They didn't seem too bad, but he made sure to shy away from the pink haired girl, she made him a little nervous. He tried not to hang too close to Willow but given hat she was the only person she knew -even though he didn't know her well- he stayed close.

Walter shrugged like it was no big deal. It really wasn't. "Hey man no worries. I make a killer water," he gave Blake a wink and filled a glass with water, handing it to him as he passed. Willow shook her head at Walter's silliness and sat down on her couch, curling her legs under her and making room for Blake.

Will had looked up from his scheming with Walter and grinned. "Wait. Willow, is this the one we aren't supposed to tell embarrassing stories to? Not even the one where you and Vee held up traffic for an hour because you guys needed to find the contact that was still in your eye?" Willow's cheeks turned pink and she let out a squeal of a laugh, turning and throwing a pillow across the apartment at Will.

"No!!" She laughed and watched as the rest of the group started ganging up on her, taking turns asking if they shouldn't tell a certain story of Willow's antics. By this time, her face was pink. A lot of the stories were embarrassing and done drunk or high. She pinched the bridge of her nose and spoke to Blake. "You should start drinking tonight in order to forget these stories."

Blake returned the lanky boy's wink with a genuine grin. He like this guy, and maybe these people weren't so bad. Even the wild child with pink hair. He gratefully took the glass from him and looked at Willow, going slowly to sit down next to her. As the boy named Will started talking Blake looked at Willow with one eyebrow raised. Partially because she was the one blushing now and partially because she had spoken of him. That probably shouldn't have been a surprise of course.

As Willow threw a pillow Blake started laughing with the rest and listened eagerly. He had set his killer glass of water aside in order to get comfortable and looked at Willow as she pinched her nose, a laugh fading from his lips.

"Oh I don't know. I think I'd like to hear more." He said, enjoying the embarrassment coming off her. She looked even cuter when her cheeks were red and she was laughing like that.

"Oh man we have so many more for ya." Will laughed and looked at Willow. "Willow you should probably speak up. No? Ok how about the one at the strip club?" At the mention of just the beginning of the story, Vee almost spit out the drink she had in her mouth.

Willow shook her head and laughed. "Ok. Then I'll need more to pretend like you aren't hearing them." She stood up and made her way to the kitchen where she poured herself a shot and leaned against the counter, watching the scene in the living room. Her friends knew how to make people relax. She threw back the shot with a wrinkle of her nose at the taste. Will was in the middle of the story.

"That's when we turn around and Willow is in full costume with this guy and they're just dancing like idiots on stage." He could barely contain his laughter, making Willow's cheeks stay a flushed pink. She mixed herself a lemonade and vodka before returning to the couch next to Blake.

Will finished the story and Willow let out a sigh. "Ok. I swear these aren't normal." That was a lie. She was always doing crazy stuff, much to the amusement of her friends. She took a sip of her drink and titled her head to the side to look at him. "Ok I know you say you don't drink and all, which is chill. But have you ever drank before in your life?" She was genuinely curious. To her, it was a normal thing since the age of 16.

Blake grinned at the prospect of another story about Willow and looked up at her as she left to get more to drink, amused by her comment. Shortly after he found himself laughing heartily as the story was told, looking up at Willow every once and a while. He could hardly believe half of the things being told were true but at the same time he for some reason didn't doubt them. He watched the avid storyteller turn colors as he tried to contain his own laughter, his glasses becoming slightly askew from wiping his watering eyes.

He at Willow with a smile, his cheeks flushed from laughter. He shook his head in amusement at her and didn't bother to comment. It didn't seem like that was true considering the staggering amount of stories being shared about her. He fixed his glasses, taking them off for a moment to wipe off a smudge. He could see into the kitchen fairly well, and could make out the others of the group but when Willow spoke and he instinctively turned to face her he could only see a blurry outline. He hastily put them back on, clearing his throat lightly at the question and nodded.

"Mhm, once." He admitted, blanching at the memory. He blinked a few times, adjusting his glasses again, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he did. He considered that they might want the story that went along with his answer so he rolled his shoulders in a shrug and somewhat shyly began.

"A couple of my friends convinced me to go with them to this crazy party one summer, after school ended. So I did," A stupid, stupid decision. "And they convinced me to have a few drinks with them." Blake wrinkled his nose at the memory. "I don't remember much of the night, other than that alcohol tastes kind of awful, I think. Thankfully I know I didn't do anything stupid." He looked with a shy smile at Willow, teasing her a little. "I do remember waking up sick as a dog the next day though.." His friends had teased him for weeks. They still went out and got themselves drunk, but they didn't hang out much anymore. Blake hadnt liked being treated that way, they had pretty much tricked him into drinking so much and hadn't been overly helpful either once they'd gotten him drunk. In fact they'd left him alone to stagger his way home after he was conscious enough. But he didn't hold it against them so much as himself.

Willow wrinkled her nose at him. "Not stupid stuff, just adventures." She held one finger up at him with a smirk of laughter. She knew some of the things were stupid, but they never hurt her and now they make for good stories. She listened, frowning. From the tone of his voice, it didn't sound like it has been overly pleasant. Or that he spoke to those friends anymore. "Well, they don't sound like good people." She mused. Not like this group was good. Some of them had done some pretty bad things in their lives, but they were never the type to abandon people. They had all been abandoned at some point themselves.

" Yeah! They didn't give you tastey drinks!" Walter chimed in. Willow turned around and looked at him.
"Walter for the love of god you're a motorcycle mechanic, not a bartender!"
"Ok ok but in another life..." he held his hands up in surrender. Willow sighed and shook her head with a smile and looked back to Blake.

Of course Willow had her fair share of waking up sick mornings. But Vee or one of the others had held her hair and brought her Gatorade. "Well it's totally your choice. We don't discrimate. Except for Walter but he's an ass." That got her the pillow she had thrown earlier smacked into the side of her face. She laughed and tossed it aside. Everyone else went back to their own devices, assuming story time was over. Willow turned her body to fave Blake and rested her head on the back of the couch. She looked at him with dark brown eyes. "Tell me more stories." She said with a grin. She loved hearing stories, even if they were embarrassing ones about herself.

Blake raised a hand in surrender at her firm rebuke, pretending to quail at her pointed finger. But he easily returned the smirk, the last of his nervousness forgotten at the door, brushed off by all the laughter and instant comradeship that the group so easily exuded. He nodded a bit at her words and his somber look was broken by Walter's comments. He grinned, looking his usual goofy picture with his glasses and pink, curly haloed face. He looked at the other guy with a smirk and nodded to him, coming to his "aid" as Willow confronted him. He couldn't help but laugh at the friendship the motley group had. They seemed like family almost.

"Don't worry Walter, I'll definitely come to you for a drink, if I ever change my mind." He complimented, giving Willow a smirk before watching in amused silence as the group's antics. She was joking about the boy being an ass of course, he thought the would be bartender was friendly and he made a good glass of water, so how could he be that bad. He ducked out of the way of the pillow as it was returned to Willow, smiling as it hit her and she tossed it aside.

He watched the others go on with their party activities, looking at Willow with a muddled expression. He was still grinning stupidly and his honey colored eyes were studying her as she readjusted herself. He was fighting the urge to study her fully, to use as a reference later for a drawing. He didn't want to give her the wrong idea though so he looked intently at her face instead, looking at her curiously as she asked for more stories. He quirked an eyebrow and grinned.

"You like stories, huh?" He mused, taking a drink of his water before pulling his leg up under him so he could look at her in a more comfortable, less neck craning position. His eyes remained on her, smiling reservedly, the shyness returned, though he could speak unflustered now, which was an improvement.

"What kind of story?" He asked, wanting to fulfill her wish. He wasn't as good a story teller as he was an artist, excluding his own opinion of himself of course, but given that he was often with Thomas and that several of his past times included fictional capacities and that he did indeed have an artist's imagination he was not terrible. He also knew quite a few folk tales and myths which he could spin into good enough bed time stories for his nephew.

Walter shot finger guns at Blake and turned back to Will, who was drawing out the blueprints for a an outdoor elevator. Willow watched them and sighed, hoping they got too drunk to go through with the plans. Her eyes moved back to Blake.

She thought for a moment, her eyes lingering on his honey colored ones before shifting up to the ceiling in thought. "Hmm. Ones about you. You've heard the stories about me, unfortunately." She flashed him a grin, glad to see he was at least a little more relaxed around everyone. "I wanna hear about you. Even if you think it's the least interesting story in the world, I wanna hear it." She craved knowing about people. Knowing their stories and their quirks and fears. Though she would not readily tell them her own.

She felt a chill and pulled a massive blanket off the back of the couch. She wrapped it around herself so that only her face and hair were showing. She looked back to him. "Ok I'm ready now. Go." She grinned

Blake watched her think with amusement in his eyes, moving slightly out of the way as she gathered a blanket around her. He couldn't help but smile at her, peeking out of the blanket like she was, and as he thought about her interest in stories about him he slowly blocked out the sounds of the others. A couple of the guys were discussing building an elevator, which had made Blake chuckle, wondering just how drug and/or high the members of the party were. He looked up from studying the back of his hand, searching for something to tell Willow. He hated talking about himself, it felt like pulling his own teeth, painful and apprehension that kept his hand still. He sighed a little and gave her an exasperated look.

"Fine, since you ask so nicely." In fact it was because she looked cute curled up like that, and he was still enamored by her. The cold pit in his stomach had long faded once he recognized that this party would not turn out like the last but a warmer thrill had replaced it now, as he looked at her sitting across from him on her couch. He traced the smudged edges of the hummingbird on his hand, frowning as he noted the imperfections wearing on the drawing from the tires of the day. It would be gone by the time he showered tomorrow.

"There really isn't much to tell you know." He said plainly, looking at her again. "I'm not near as exciting as you." This was the pulling teeth part. He pushed himself to get over himself and just talk to her, give her what she wanted. But habit made him hesitate and stall.

He shrugged before sighing in surrender, shaking his head slightly and adjusting his glasses. "Alright, alright. I do know one stupid adventurous thing I did." He said and started to tell her about the time he had run away to chase the moon when he was younger. He was only a little older than Thomas was, and his family lived in a different place than they did now, a place where Blake, young and reckless with imagination could climb out his window late at night while his family slept and go for a long walk at night, keeping the moon in front of him. As a boy, and still, the moon and the nighttime fascinated him, not that day time was any less. But the moon that night had been full and bright and calling to him. So he spent the whole night walking around and as good of a sense of direction that he had always possessed he had gotten lost and, needless to say, caused his parents a lot of heart stricken grief.

"And my parents, they're pretty laid back but I just remember that when I finally got home I wasn't sure if they would be overjoyed I hadn't died or worse or if they would do it themselves." He said, finishing the story. He was sure that if Daniel was here his older brother would have added to the story, he had several unique additions that Blake enjoyed hearing now. "I don't think I've ever gotten out of that one..." Blake admitted ruefully, smiling to himself. Even now, any time Blake was out all night his parents either teased him or questioned him, usually asking how the moon chasing was.

Willow watched patiently as he seemed to have an internal battle. The question made him a bit more flustered as he told her that he wasn't very interesting. She continued to stare at him expectantly until he gave in and began the story. She sat and listened, blocking out the sounds of everyone else around them. By the way he told the story and how he must've been as a child told her that he had a creative mind. She grinned when he finished then laughed at the reaction of his parents.

"That's amazing. I was not a very interesting child, believe it or not. I was very timid." She really only became the way she was around the age of 16 when she rebelled against her mother and tried multiple times to run away.

"I see that you think you aren't an interesting person, but I think you are." She said softly. She found him wonderfully different from everything else in her life. "Give yourself some more credit. Im only inferesting because I'm kind of obnoxious." She wrapped the blanket around herself even tighter and thought for a moment then smiled a little. "You should draw the moon. If you haven't already. I think it would be a beautiful muse." She nodded, wishing she had artistic ability herself so she could draw the moon. The most she could do was have someone draw the moon onto her body.

((My replies are super short lately, I promise they'll get longer XD))

//Ah, nah it's cool. I think mine have been kinda short too. I've been busy so my mind has kinda been elsewhere.

Blake smiled at that and shook his head with a chuckle. He found that very hard to believe. At the mention of her as a child curiosity caught up with him and he wondered again just why she worked at the flower shop and just why she was the way she was now. He didn't ask though, not yet. It seemed presumptuous of him to ask after only knowing her for the day. It had only been a day? Blake thought on that revelation for a moment, surprised.

He gave Willow a smile and raised an eyebrow at her questioningly. "Only kind of obnoxious?" He teased, shifting a bit as his leg started to fall asleep. He tried not to comment on her half compliments-half harolding of due credit. But he couldn't help but notice that she seemed to really impress that word, used it like it meant something really important to her. After all she had used it twice to get him to see his talents or how interesting he was in just the span of an afternoon. She mentioned drawing the moon, thinking it made a good muse and he smiled slightly again, waiting for a moment to decide what to say. Not many people told him they thought he was interesting. And not many of those people were a good looking young woman.

"You think I'm interesting?" He breathed, not so aware that he had actually said it until he heard it echo in his ears.

Willow watched him and just nodded when he questioned whether she actually thought he was interesting. " Yeah? I don't enjoy talking to boring people." She wrinkled her nose and grinned. "I think you're pretty cool." She shrugged. She leaned back into the couch and watched her friends around her. They were kind of like her family. Weird aunts and uncles and maybe the overly concerned grandma. She let out a sigh and let her eyes move to Blake again.

"Im not a very interesting person when you take away the parties." She shrugged. "I've never traveled, although that's sort of my dream. I don't have any real talents. So if anything you're the interesting one out of the two of us." She gave him a smile.

Blake grinned back, feeling foolish. Of course that was how she meant that. He watched her look around for a moment and then, when her attention was back on him and she was talking about how uninteresting she was Blake gave her a frown, pushing his glasses up on his nose to look at her keenly. With his eyebrows raised in a look of incredulity he took a hand and gently poked where her tattooed arm was covered by the blanket. He shook his head as he did and gave her a slight smile, mirthless, and gently mocking. His eyes had become a little more serious too.

"Don't be stupid. Credit where credit is due, right? That's what you've been saying." He said, touching her arm again to make his point, feeling like his cheeks would burst into flame as he realized what he had done. Twice. He fought the urge to stutter through or worse to simply shut up. "You have almost a thousand stories written on your arm. Let alone counting yourself." He stressed the word, looking pointedly into her eyes. "You are one of the most interesting people I have ever met. Parties or not."

As little self importance and confidence and esteem and all those good things as Blake himself lacked he didn't let others get away with it so easily. He had often been called out on this, called a hypocrite for it. But that still never stopped him. To him the motives were different and his weren't based in self loathing or anything.

Willow laughed when he poked her arm as if to remind her of her tattoos. She shrugged "whatever," they would never agree on that. She laid back and stretched her legs over his lap. Her eyes fixed on the hummingbird on his hand. It was pretty impressive and half of her wanted it for herself.

She looked back to Blake's face and just studied him. She liked to look at people's faces to take in their features. She caught his eye contact and grinned. "Why does it make you uncomfortable when I look you in the eye?" She often asked the questions that people didn't like, but she wanted the answers. "If I had an uglier face would it make it better? What if i..." She contorted her face to make it look lopsided. One eye went into another direction . "How about if I just looked at you with one eye?" She went back to her normal face and laughed before looking at him seriously.

" What about the fact that I think you're cute. Does that make you uncomfortable?" She tilted her head to the side and stared at him. She thought he was incredibly handsome. The curls were endearing and his eyes were beautiful.

Blake noted her shrug and dismissal of his stern words and let the subject drop. He knew when to quit, but he didn't plan on letting the subject go completely. Blake would get her to see his side sooner or later. He watched her stretch out on the couch and tensed where he sat when her legs were suddenly in his lap. He stifled a startled noise and looked at her oddly, confused by the gesture that belied familiarity or closeness. It wasn't the sort of thing he expected to be done and not from a near stranger. He really needed to stop thinking about her like that, she was hardly a stranger now. And she had her legs across his lap so that definitely moved her up from stranger didn't it? Underneath his startled and blushing exterior though, Blake couldn't help but feel another thrill in his stomach, enjoying the slight closeness.

He moved his attention from her legs tangled over his and followed her gaze to his hand. A flush of deep, long withheld pride faintly overlaid the embarrassed red already on his cheeks. As he looked back up to see her looking at him he felt startled, his face blushing and eyes wide in familiar shyness. He opened his mouth speechless for a moment before he gave a small laugh strained with nervousness at her charade. He shook his head as she finished and looked down, blushing furiously as she told him she thought he was cute. He bit his lip hard and shook his head again before looking up at her, fighting himself to meet her gaze, which was of course already on him.

"I...yes it makes me uncomfortable." He said, then screwed up his face like the words tasted bad. He shook his head, trying to get rid of the nonexistent taste. "I don't know. I've always been this way. Everyone says I'm shy, maybe they're right. I guess it's just a personality trait or a habit now." He stammered through, his face burning he was sure he was looking more and more like the human version of Rudolph as the heartbeats past. Had she really told him she thought he looked cute? Even as he quit talking his mouth was parted, his mind running empty trying to convert emptiness into words and coming up empty handed. It made his vision swim to keep from blurting out that he thought she was beautiful. He wasn't sure if he should or even could. Part of him wondered if she was simply toying with him, finding his bafflement and skittishness amusing in her probably drunk and high state.

Willow kept her head tilted to the side, continuing to look at him. It obviously made him uncomfortable, something Willow wasn't used to. She had always been outgoing and open with her feelings towards people but the people she hung out with weren't bothered by it. She looked down at her lap and fiddled with her fingers. After a few seconds she looked back up to him. She sat up to look at him.

" Why did you shake your head?" She smiled a little when she spoke. "Do you not own a mirror?" She laughed and laid back down. Everyone had started to calm down and were sitting with each other. Nate had fallen asleep on the floor wrapped in one of the many blankets in her apartment. She glanced at the time. It was later than she thought it was. She looked back to Blake.

"Im not messing with you. I mess with a lot of guys but not with you. I would actually like to get to know you more. I wanna know the real you." She smiled a bit, then yawned. "I have a good feeling about you." She was already totally enamored with him. She had to remind herself that they had only met that day.

Blake kept his gaze off of Willow for a few moments, kicking himself as the moment to confess passed with a feeling of relief and regret. He looked up suddenly as he felt Willow move, having become used to the weight of her legs on his lap. He looked at her with confusion and then shrugged starting to try and explain but she laughed and his open mouth quirked into a impromptu smile at her little joke. He shook his head at her, amused and leaned back against the arm of the couch, his left hand gently placed on her legs as he did so he didn't disturb her much. He settled back as she did and laid a hand across his chest. The hand with the hummingbird on it played with the edge of the blanket Willow was wrapped in.

He gave her an exasperated look and then a shy smile before nodding. "Okay, you win." He whispered, then blew out a breath and looked at her, his gaze moving from her feet and the legs resting on his lap to her face. "I believe you." He pointed out, then bit his lip again, adjusting his glasses habitually. The comment sounded off handed but his insides belied his lack of such a thing, his heart racing at her brazen personality. "And for the record," He had put his glasses back and tried to give her a joking look, despite his red face and shy eyes. "I do own a mirror."

Willow grinned when he finally gave in. Everyone around them had either fallen asleep or were talking in a hushed tone that implied they were sleepy. The music had been turned down to a low him. She sat up and turned herself around so that her head rested in his lap and she was staring up at the ceiling. That was the bit of alcohol acting.

"This is my favorite part of parties," she whispered and closed her eyes. "Its the most energetic part." She raised her hands up into the air, wiggled her fingers and opened her eyes. "You can feel it buzzing in the air," she giggled and let her arms flop back down onto her stomach. She covered her eyes with her arms and let out another bark of a laugh.

" Oh man I'm sorry. We don't really even know each other. You must think I'm a total mess." She snickered again then sighed, "i mean I kind of am but I usually don't reveal that until the person is totally stuck with me." She returned her arms to her stomach and stared up at the ceiling. Her life was weird. Her friends were weird, her family was weird and she was weird. She took a deep inhale of breath through her nose and let it out sharply.

Blake looked around for a brief moment, lost in the falling quiet of the apartment. He could see most everyone and smiled to himself as he saw the ones asleep and the ones on their way to sleep. When he looked back down Willow was moving and he pulled the arm draped across his chest into the air to move out of the way as she suddenly shifted. Looking down at her puzzled, now that her head was in his lap Blake felt heat overwhelm him, his neck burning just as much as his cheeks. He couldn't admit that he liked this any less than he had before though.

When she started talking Blake put his arm down, careful to place it to her side, between her sprawled form and the back of the couch. He tried to be discreet and not touch her but she was already laying in his lap so what could it matter? He couldn't help but silently grin at her crazy talk, waving her fingers in the air with her eyes closed. He made sure as much as he could that she didn't see how he was looking down at her with a sheen of adoration glossing over his usual nervous facade. When she did open her eyes he only grinned down at her, half-reclined as he was her hair was splayed across his stomach and and he couldn't look down at her fully. But he didn't want to move much, fearful any movement might startle her like a wild creature. She so closely resembled one in her erratic actions.

Blake listened to her apology with a hidden smirk of amusement, knowing she couldn't see his expression and that she had her eyes closed anyway. "I don't know, I'm feeling pretty stuck right about now." He murmured. He was also feeling his legs fall asleep but he was not about to admit that. He would be some kind of idiot to blow this moment. Perhaps he was already one, an idiot that is, but it felt natural and right. That was probably just his infatuation talking, most undoubtedly, but he didn't care that much. Enough to blush and stammer but not to change it.

"What makes you think you're a mess Willow?" He asked, serious then, his voice a careful, gentle whisper as he watched her stare at the ceiling. The group around him was starting to unwind from all the drinks and wild partying but Blake didn't normally get tired. And the later it got the more away he always seemed, he had always been that way. And if it meant getting to peek into Willow's head a little bit, he wanted to take the chance. Even if they were only no better than strangers.

Willow stared at the ceiling then looked up at him and his curls. She sighed and closed her eyes. Of course most of her friends knew her life. Vee knew how it affected her emotionally. She often had nightmares of her childhood and regrets of her teens. Regrets of how Julie found her that night when she was 18. Drunk and doped up on cocaine. Fears that one day she would be her mother, or worse, her father. Feeling like that was the only way to feel ok and maybe get some sleep. She took a slow intake of breath.

"Someone like you is unique to me. I've never had a normal life or a family." She said blankly. Her tone was strained and a little sad. "My dad's dead and my mom's just..." She shook her head and waved her hand, signaling that she was done talking about her family. "Don't even get my started about my past relationships." She let out a laugh and opened her eyes to look at him again. "Its a mess, Blake. I mean it's ok and I love with it, but definitely a mess."

She looked up a him and reached up to gently pull out a curl and let it bounce back. "That's awesome." She giggled lightly, the alcohol coming back out in her personality.

Blake sat still and quiet when she fell silent, watching her eyes move under her eyelids when she closed them, watching or more truthfully feeling her breathing. When she opened her eyes again and started talking he sat still, looking at her intently with quiet observance. In that moment every word she said he clung to and she was the most important thing in the room. When she finished he made sure to remember what she had said. He didn't know what to say so he simply nodded, giving her a small smile that was both caring and tinged with sadness. Her story seemed hard. He felt sorry for her but he also felt that he knew her a little better. If only in a small way.

When Willow suddenly reached up to grasp a lock of his hair Blake blinked in surprise, moving back a little bit then leaning forward just a bit so she could toy with his hair. He wasn't always sure if the moving away from things coming near his face was just him or because he had glasses but sometimes it was problematic. He couldn't help but laugh a little at her. Feeling her hand brush his forehead and her fingers pull on his hair and giggle when it did its bouncy, curly thing. He careful resituated himself so his head was closer to Willow's reach and ran a hand through his curls as he did. He didn't want his glasses falling off so he kept his free hand hook around his ear, holding the glasses in place, of slightly askew. But he would much rather be able to see than not.

Looking down at her he could tell she was starting to act like she had partied and it was to him cute and funny and endearing. As he sat there bent over her just a little, he could feel that flutter in his stomach again and felt himself falling even more into Willow's alluring trap. If tonight was a mistake like he had initially thought, he was very willing to make it. Hesitantly and blushing as per usual but the girl giggling in his lap made his heart skip a beat at the wildness and the newness and he wanted it. She was just as unique to him as she said he was to her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back