• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Indulge me? [FxF]

TheObsessedOne

The Source of Cringe
I'm back after a long hiatus and I'm in the mood for some sweet, sweet FxF. And by that, I actually mean some pretty soul-crushing storylines because who doesn't love drama, right?

I don't actually have any plots that would be set in stone; just settings/themes I like and vague plot hooks. But before I begin, let me tell you something about my writing/posting habits: I used to be the type to write pages upon pages for every single post, but these days are long gone as I have grown impatient with age. I no longer think that it is entertaining or interesting to describe every single thing in flowery detail, so if that's the kind of experience you're looking for, you won't find it here. Sorry. It's quality over quantity now, or at least I believe so. Also, I'm a character focused writer; I'm way more likely to describe the inner thought processes of my characters than their surroundings. As for how often I'm able to post, that honestly varies. Just know that I'm a graduate student who also works, so I may be unavailable for extended periods of time. Then again, I am pretty understanding due to my erratic schedule, so I won't hound you for posts, either! See? There's your silver lining.

Ugh, I probably sound stuck-up, but I swear I'm actually pretty agreeable once you get to know me. It's just that I make the worst first impressions ever (and be glad that you probably don't know me in real life because my terrible impression making skills are amplified there, probably thanks to my permanent resting bitch face. I swear all of my friends hated me at first).

Okay, moving on.

What do I actually want to roleplay, you ask?

Well, I'm fascinated by certain concepts. One of them is isolation and its effects on the human mind. Be it isolation caused by social ostracism, personal choice or reverence, I believe that this is a theme worth exploring. Is my character a hated witch believed to be the cause of plague destroying the land, a beloved priestess imprisoned in her temple to remain pure for her god, a scientist locked in her laboratory or a captain of a spaceship that doesn't let anyone get close to maintain their respect? Doesn't matter, the flavor I want is there. Of course, as this is a 1x1 rp, this isolation isn't going to last forever and my character, used to her solitary life, will have to deal with the repercussions. And this is another thing I love; characters having to deal with new, unprecedented situations.

Notes: While I speak about my character and your character in the prompts, I don't insist on playing the particular character. It's just what I had in mind when coming up with the ideas, but you can absolutely convince me to take the other role.

Romance isn't mandatory, but it's welcome.

Also, what I present aren't really plots, but settings. We'll have to figure out what actually happens to our characters and weave a greater narrative together; I think it's better to work on these things with a partner rather than come up with everything alone so that both people feel attached to the story.

Some quick prompts: A victim of magical terrorism infused with the power of warping reality in a dark ritual spends her days locked in magical prison. Many would not call it prison for it is quite luxurious, but that's essentially what it is; she can never leave because she isn't in control of her abilities. Nobody speaks with her, either, as she is feared even by her guardians, and for a good reason. Before they managed to capture her, many lives were extinguished by her rampaging powers. She has accepted her fate, more or less, though she obviously wonders what life is like beyond her confinement. Your character gets assigned to guard her one day and for one reason or another, she doesn't actually fear the girl. What will happen to the two of them?

A witch bound by an old oath must take an eager apprentice under her wing unexpectedly. The thing is, she's terrible with people and wants to get right of the apprentice as fast as possible. She's always managed to do this somehow, but this one might just prove to be too stubborn for her. (May be classic fantasy or urban fantasy. I can see this one being comedic in nature, although we can always add more serious plot to the comedic set-up).

A woman frozen in a magical crystal is released 500 years later in a dystopian future only to become a symbol of resistance almost by mistake. The other character here would be her advisor; the one who actually pulls the strings here because she understands this world. She sees the woman from the crystal as a figurehead at that time, but how will their relationship develop and what will become of that doomed world?

I'd love to do something in the vast coldness of space as well, but I don't really have an idea. Something with a captain of a ship and a stowaway who is running from something horrible? Yes, this is very rough, but I'm itching for something like that.

Some plot candies I enjoy and would love to incorporate into roleplays:

- cheesy prophecies
- slowburn
- fantastical elements
- betrayal
- grimdark
- revenge
- drama in general, but also...
- humor
- intriguing character dynamics

Message me! I'm also open to other ideas, so contact me if you think I'd like your plots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back