• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern In The Middle (MxF)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

You are halfway there - in the middle.

Paradise High School https://www.google.com/maps/place/Paradise,+CA+95969/@39.7614564,-121.6153244,659m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x80832bd49578303f:0x50c92f9d6b33aa70!8m2!3d39.7596061!4d-121.6219177?hl=en [/hider]

Paradise High School - Home
School Starts 8/14/2018, a Tuesday. (We can start Day 1, or skip a little.)

It is the start of yet another year of high school - Junior year - at Paradise High School (Paradise, CA). Paradise is a town in northern California. The area is pretty rural.

Your Character
Who are you? The new girl? The popular girl? Mathlete? Daddy’s “little” girl who can do no wrong and no boy will ever be good enough?

Yes, you will need a CS with a good pic (no animated gifs please).

My Character
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5000000/Zac-17-Again-zac-efron-5012233-500-400.jpg

Whichever you are, the school is graced by a new face - a boy. But he looks like a real fixer upper. He’s a junior like you. Tall (6’2” and growing still) and would probably be athletic and even handsome if not for a number of flaws that will soon make him a social pariah. He looks like he was a stunt double look alike for the 17 Again star, Zac Efron. Only his face looks like he lost a major fight or had a close brush with death perhaps a month or so ago. He walks with a limp (left hip). He wears blue jeans, black T shirt (one size too big), and wears leather fingerless gloves.

His class schedule is:
Guitar III
US History - Geography
AP Physics
AP Calculus
Lunch
English
PE

(I am NOT going to require we stick to the classes listed on the website. The class schedule is useful though. I can even alter my character’s course choices slightly - like non AP instead of AP if you want them to share a class or two in their course load.)

He lives about 6 miles north of Paradise in the small town of Magalia (just moved there) and takes the bus.

NPC’s
Also, we will need some regularly appearing NPC’s. Just pics and a brief description works here. If we do this via forum we can add them to the OOC folder. Otherwise we’ll need to figure something out.

Teachers (We can use the real ones or make our own. I only used the real school as reference material.)
Remember, the area is a bit rural, so inner city problems will not be likely.
Some bullies.
Jocks
Cheerleaders, pop chicks.
Etc.

Posting
I am looking for a dedicated writer with a modest degree of sophistication. I work a 70 hour work week, so I don’t hang out online. I do check for replies throughout a day, but usually don’t have time to respond until I am done with work. Some days I am simply too tired to think or sick (old age getting to me). And I am one of those people that prefers to write a response in one sitting. (Otherwise I lose my train of thought when I pick it back up.) Posts a week apart won’t hold my interest.

I am not set on the location. I have scenarios for a few other locations as well.

Kalispell, MT (more of a western flavor public school)
Carson, CA (big city, but not quite inner city public school)
Long Beach, CA (big city, more upscale than Carson but same general area - has been used in a number of films for Hollywood)

Love the idea! Love to write with you!! (:

Hey there!! Love the idea! Shoot me a PM and hopefully we can get this all worked out! I️ have a great character in mind for this RP

I'm back on RPN due to a sudden pang of nostalgia but I haven't written anything yet, so I'm kind of choked up over what I ought to do first and hesitating to participate in something this hefty. But I had to say that I'm super impressed by the research/background set up you've put into this. I've always anchored my plots on real world locations et cetera but it never would have occurred to me to find an actual school page and Google Maps location. I like it. This is a great idea and good work. Perhaps I'll be in touch.

LOL, took me about 15 min. I have been to the area personally. The reservoir in Magalia is the site of old 49er panning camps. I would imagine by now retired folks with metal detectors have picked the area pretty clean though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back