• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Wicked Jester

Suit Gangs Infamous Jester
In the aftermath

One week ago a wave of unknown energy swept across the entire globe. This wave knocked out nearly all electronics for an hour and while it has clearly been described as a wave, its origins have been impossible to pinpoint seeming to have originated from everywhere at once defying all logic.

The following morning, initial reports came in that people all around were experiencing strange and unnatural abilities. Reports of people flying and violating airspace laws, lifting cars and destroying property, starting and manipulating fires, unconfirmed cases of people appearing inside of bank vaults as if through teleportation, people altering their bodies at will and all other kinds of inexplicable reports were filed. In addition preliminary research studies have not found a single person with more than one ability, and while largely untested, abilities that unnaturally affect the natural world and perceived laws such as time and space seem to place enormous strain on the user's body. One person with the reported ability to manipulate time in a localized area around then is reported to have vomited and been incredibly weak for the following 12 hours after a single use of their ability. long-term side effects are still unstudied, and it is unknown what kind of strain or damage using these abilities may cause to the human body. It is believed that while some people gained an intrinsic control over their abilities, others are slowly awakening and comprehending their own, and an even smaller part of the population appears to have been entirely unaffected by what has now been termed as the event horizon.

Governments worldwide have tried to enforce order, however with an estimated 70% of the world population now showing powers which defy all preconceived laws of nature, it has been difficult to police individuals who willingly choose to use their abilities to exploit the current chaos. That being said, vigilantism has also skyrocketed with people believing they're helping to try and stop those who are taking advantage of the confusion. In response to both the vigilantes and exploiters, companies have now begun using force to protect all assets, choosing to hire people affected by the wave in order to self-assuredly protect from the collapse of the current economy. Lastly, governments around the world are attempting to reinstate control and force order nationally while still maintaining a global presence. This has led to lock downs and curfews with wide spread military presence in almost every nation around the world while attempting to figure out how to adapt to this sudden change in world state.

The city of New Haven is under a state of emergency. Due to its high population, after the event horizon the city was almost immediately thrust into chaos with large scale destruction, skyrocketing crime rates, an untold number of deaths, and general confusion. A state of emergency was called in less than 3 days and the military was called in to try and help enforce order. Now, the city is on lock-down and while its believed there is still some in and out traffic run by criminals, there is no getting in or out. In this state many people are holed up at home and just trying to adapt to this new world in the aftermath.

Rp will be set in the city of New Haven with very little outside travel even later on. The focus will be on the human interactions in adapting to the changes brought on by the event horizon. How things develop and different groups form and react as well as dealing with other unforeseen effects the wave may have caused that have first gone unnoticed. RP is not combat focused. while there may be occasional combat. That is not the focus of the story. Very often there will be emergency orders, government mandates, statements from various groups that have formed, and other widespread announcements. Some of this information may be conflicting, and dealing with the consequences of not listening to certain groups, or choosing to follow others, will be a key aspect of the story development. It will be up to the characters to interpret, who to choose to listen to, and decide how they want to live and believe in what would be a very changed world from our own. Other side note, out of respect to your fellow members, i request those interested be able to respond to any ongoing interactions within 48 hours, and make at least one post per character (if more than one) at least once a week to keep them relevant.

Id be up for giving this a shot.
Ayy! Count me in :3
Ye, I hope this one gains enough traction. I have a fair number of story beats I want to drive and I think they'll be really cool. I was honestly a bit inspired by covid, but if the entire world changed so much over night how will characters react. Because honestly I don't know. Personally I would probably power trip for a day before intense anxiety sets in at uncertainty for the future. And that's kind of the idea. People don't know how this will play out and live

I'm definitely interested!

Since there's a decent number of people interested, I'll leave this open for a while longer but post a basic CS template later tonight so people can get ideas rolling.

PlusUltra PlusUltra PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Selee-01 Selee-01 trystan trystan Magami Magami raindrop. raindrop.
its obviously very basic, but you can take it as complex or as simple as you want. this is still very much open if more people are interested, but this way those who have expressed interest can begin to write up and create the characters they wish to play once the rp does begin.

PlusUltra PlusUltra PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Selee-01 Selee-01 trystan trystan Magami Magami raindrop. raindrop.
its obviously very basic, but you can take it as complex or as simple as you want. this is still very much open if more people are interested, but this way those who have expressed interest can begin to write up and create the characters they wish to play once the rp does begin.
Awesome! Should have something sorted later today :3

I should have a personal character sheet up today, but if you need ideas or with your own, please feel free to tell me

Once there is another complete character sheet posted, I will make a beginning post and people can begin replying and get things started. Everything will be open until there are 10 unique users in the rp. If those who have already created a character sheet, wish to they're more than welcome to create a second character sheet as long as they make sure to keep regular postings for both characters and keep them relevant.
Anonymous Anonymous PanOtterPus PanOtterPus PlusUltra PlusUltra Selee-01 Selee-01 trystan trystan Magami Magami raindrop. raindrop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back