• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Fine.

Karn shoved the last cracker into his mouth and he stood up. Walking to the stage he looked back at the faces that remained in the seats. He walked onto the stage and stood next to the others that had thrown in their hats to join the council. He looked at them and smiled before shuffling over to President Seavey and whispering. "How much longer will this take? I may have to leave soon."

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Pres. Seavey: I was disappointed in the fact that there were only four candidates. Without more, there could be no election and they were all councillors by default. I expected at least one more of the locals to run, or at least wanted that, but nobody was keen to do so.
"It looks like nobody else is running, so I suppose we're done for now."

Joannie furrowed a brow, feeling a twinge of sympathy for the disappointed President. She could tell that Seavey hoped for something of more substance, or at least something slightly more competitive. Nonetheless, she was now a councillor, even if the process it's self was lackluster. The redhead glanced at her new coworkers, seeing how they reacted to the news. "That was a lil' easier than I'd imagined." She muttered under her breath as she shifted her weight.
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow

Sorin: "Yeah. Who'd think so few people wanted to be on the Paranormal Council, of course, I still don't know what to make of the circumstances that led to this emergency election."

Karn looked about nervously and then looked to those on stage.
"It was nice to meet you all but I have to leave soon, pressing matters. Since you will be sticking around you should find a place to stay for tonight. I would be happy to meet you all here tomorrow and show you about our once fair town then."

Karn walked closer to President Seavey and whispered, "Well, let us hope for the sake of this town, this all works out in the end. While I agree we need help, I would much prefer it came from those more familiar than strangers. At least make their positions probationary. I have to go now, the enchantment on my house won't last for much longer. Good day President."

Friendly, ain't he?
Joannie blinked once, then twice, before saying as Karn shuffled away and towards Seavey "Ahm, yeah.. Nice ta meet you too." She then placed her hat back on her head, and turned again to Sorin and said "Suppose he's right, huh? Best not to wait 'til dark to find somewhere to huddle up. I'll probably start lookin' for somethin' suitable." Joannie paused again before saying with an exhausted smile "Oh, and it was nice ta meet ya, Sorin. No doubt we'll all be working together, so I'll see you real soon."
She stuck her hand out, offering a handshake.
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow

The entire event seemed thrown together at the last minute and lacked a clear schedule, not that Christopher was one for order. He did, however, understand the importance of having some general plan of what the hell was going on. With the ending of the half-assed meeting, the male carefully stood up and moved closer to the stage. He looked between the people, a smile growing on his pale face. "Well that was quite the campaign. And to think, I was so worried one of you might not make it into the council." He wiped his brow dramatically. "So what is this place?" He asked more seriously, sliding his hands deep into his pants pockets and leaning back on his heels.

Karn gathered up his things and left the auditorium. As soon as he was outside he tightened his bag and quickly scampered off towards his home. He had stayed longer than he thought he would need to. Who could have known that they were going to be holding elections for the council. He was hoping that there would be news of aid or some other type of assistance. All the town managed to do was draw strangers in with all the signs posted around. He couldn't worry about that now, those were worries for tomorrow. For now, he had to make sure his home was safe. He should have used more glyphs.

He arrived home and the illusion looked like it was still holding. That was until he saw it flicker. He rushed to the backyard and grabbed the glyph stone. Letting out a breath to calm himself he set to etching in another glyph of illusion. While the meeting was stressful he did have time to rest. So this time he poured a little more of his own energy into the new glyph. Placing it back down at the back of his house he stood up with a sigh. He turned to look at the overgrown and aggressive garden.

How much longer would things have to be this way. He knew that the solar panels on the roof would be fine but in a couple of years the batteries that kept his little project in the basement going would need to be replaced and good luck with that now that society had all but collapsed. He would then have to move it outside and that could make his little house an even bigger target. Then there was food. He had already cut his project in half to grow some essentials but growing food outside would be even worse than his pet project. Why couldn't his grandmother had lived in the country or someplace less...populated. With a sigh, he moved to where he knew his backdoor was and unlocked it before passing through the illusory wall.

Everything was dark inside except the glow beneath the basement door. When the news of the Shamblers first spread Karn had freaked out and covered every wall window and door inside with plant growth before petrifying it. His home was now basically a cave and he needed every drop of electricity to keep things going downstairs. So it was back to the dark ages upstairs. He moved to the dining room table and lit a lantern and sat down. He removed his bag and took out his pipe. He kicked back and packed the bowl with weed. Letting out a chuckle, he imagined what his grandmother would say if she saw what he was growing in her basement.

At last things were back to normal, or as normal as they could be these days and the anxiety melted from his face and a weight was lifted from his shoulders. At least until tomorrow. For now, he smiled.

"I believe it's Green Harbor." The redhead replied, still slightly wary of the man "Though, I'm not quite sure about the town's layout yet. I might take the time look 'round." She hopped off the stage, shuffling towards her jacket as she piped up "You don't mind if I do, do ya Seavey?"

Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

sorry for the absence! Band
[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUQ1Wf9N3l9obdWt4Y74LVhA00F8dQMbCJSS_jBZj_cw9DxyF9kw')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/juniper-fox-happiest-instagram-9.jpg')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Peyton & Aleta[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] Convention
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] Marina.
[div class=tag]tags[/div] AquaMarie AquaMarie
[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Peyton Chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassment prickling his body " Well- I- Yeah, I come from a small town. We all stick together and stay out of human sight. When we're younger we can't control our daemons switches and it'd be to hard to explain to the ordinary. Usually our daemons stick to a form that most fits the humans personality when we reach about the age of 12 but obviously. . . I'm a bit behind. My mom says it's because I'm half a shifter but we're not really sure. Wait, So you can actually grow a tail and sing enchantments?" Peyton spoke in a hushed yet curious tone. Aleta -> Aleta nodded and her form shifted from a cat to a foxes figure as she leaned forward to listen. "I don't believe it. You don't have a Daemon? Not even a turtle or other aquatic of some sort?" Aleta looked back at Peyton, amazement spreading across her maw. "They say some daemons are trapped within, But I don't know what I'd do in isolation within Peyton." Aleta circled in his lap, pressing her flamed coat along his chest in affection before settling once again. " Sorry for startling you. Daemons are a little bit more keen of sense when it comes to the dust of another species of. . . the special, type I suppose. " A few glares spread towards the shifting animal and her boy as the spoke softly. Aleta's eyes began to dart and her ears pressed against her head "I don't like their looks Peyton. What if they don't know of daemons." Fur softly bristling Aleta shifted back in Peytons lap, closer to his chest. [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

Marina just smiled as to what he was describing was how most Merfolk lived. Keeping to themselves and away from humans, although like herself there were a few that would get curious about the surface world and venture onto land. "Oh I see..well I think it's nice to have a companion with you. Both who help you with your abilities and keep you company" she replied, though could not help but lightly giggle as Peytons addition and curiosity of her having a tail and such. To which she nodded " yes I do grow a tail and yes also comes with an enchanting voice and other abilities.." she replied with a tiny hushed giggle as she was not used to talking about her true self as much.

Marina looked over to Aleta who was now a fox and shook her head. "No...no demon but did have aquatic friends when I live in the ocean a few years ago...well still do I hope.. after this whole thing that had happened most of others like me and even most sea creatures went into hiding…especially staying away from the shore line." She replied crossing her legs and placing her hands folded over her lap.
She smiled over to the fox
"no need to be sorry Aleta, I just never met anything like you...but you seem friendly and it was nice getting to know more about your and Peyton's kind.." she replied, though her smile exchanged to that of concern when Aleta pointed out a few people glaring at them. "They should not dare try anything funny...this supposed to be natural ground." She whispered looking over towards the group of people and glare back at them. Anonymous Anonymous

Christopher smirked lightly. Was everyone else too anxious to talk to him? He didn't really care though, this red head had already grabbed his attention. "Green Harbor," he echoed with a smile as if trying on the word. "An interesting name for sure. You don't mind if I join you in your expedition, do you?" His eyes glinted, watching her jump from the stage and move to her jacket. His mismatched gaze then followed hers towards the supposed leader.
PlasticBeach PlasticBeach StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Joannie paused, looking at the character again. She furrowed a brow in contemplation as she pondered if she really wanted to have contact with him.
Bah, you could handle yourself before, what's some odd fella to you?
"No, I don't mind at all." She replied, draping her coat over her shoulders. She made sure to make it known that she wasn't hesitant in her decision, at least not externally
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/TZ2Y5po.jpg')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLiBSWeUpeYuRRtKxUoheNQEa-8afiaf0FNAj6LltnhMYYoiLBEw')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Peyton & Aleta.[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] convention
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] Marina
[div class=tag]tags[/div] AquaMarie AquaMarie
[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Peyton's brow narrowed and his eyes grew concerned "This really is a big problem isn't it? It was hard for me to leave my town but I figured someone needed to help. Daemons are great at spotting the unnatural so I figured that Aleta could help point out whatever these Shambled are. Most of my town is down in our tunnels I'm sure. We use them during bombings or tornadoes and such. They're nice ways to stick together for longer periods of time. We probably have our braver few going out to check on things while the rest stay below. It sounds all scary like the worlds about to end, but it's not that bad; right?" Peyton now addressed Aleta as he spoke "Hey it's okay, these people know everyone's a little different, right?" he stroked Aleta and locked eyes with her before looking back at Marina, eyes swelling with concern. Aleta locked eyes back with Peyton before flattening her ears in expression "Everyone here is unique correct? The humans present do know of everyone's abilities, correct?" Her black socked legs needed at Peytons shorts as Aleta's anxiety grew. If only she could remain as a singular shape she wouldn't be drawing attention near to the trio as they spoke. Aleta then froze and her ears perked on a swivel. A small framed woman then entered and made a gesture that suggested she was sorry for being late before she sat and folded her hands in her lap, ready to listen. Aletas gaze held stiffly on the woman and she spoke softly to the other two in a worried tone "She's not right. Her smell is musty and rotted. I suggest we steer clear." Aleta's one ear rotated to catch the sounds of the others movements yet one stayed directed with her eyes at the frail woman. [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

Marina sat quietly listening to Peyton as he spoke, she understood the feeling of leaving your kind, it was a hard thing to do. But Marina gently smiled, as Peyton was out her just wanting to find out what was going on and to help. She felt the same, although she was unsure of what she could do to help herself. However what she did know was that she didn’t want to stay behind and hide in the depths of the ocean. She decided to stay on land and help out, although she was not a warrior she was going to try her best.

The blue eyed girl looked at Aleta and then towards Peyton as they seemed to be worried about the onlookers around them. “They should...from what I know about this meeting...was that it was open to both humans and others like us,...this should be mutual grounds” she softly said becoming a bit worried herself as she looked at her surroundings. Her attention went back towards Aleta as she pointed out a tired and frail looking women that entered the meeting late. “She doesn't look to good ...but hey lets not jump into any conclusions…” she softly whispered to her two companions “....well you know...she could have just stayed up all night right? That would explain why she was late to the meeting?..”she softly added trying to say on the optimistic side of things, really not wanting to believe that small women could possibly be a Shamble. Anonymous Anonymous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back