• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
cacti.convo cacti.convo Derpy Dev Derpy Dev Jakeberna Jakeberna PlasticBeach PlasticBeach VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Francis: I tried not to space out as the council president continued telling about memorial arrangements for her fallen colleagues and then began asking that anybody who knows anything about how the Change worked or how to reverse it come forward and tell about it, and stated a few things I already knew about the Shamblers. Then, finally, she got to the topic of emergency elections, to be held next month. Apparently, the rules were different now; They were not requiring that the candidates be residents for a month prior to nomination, and she didn't mention anything about banishment being a disqualifier. Still, other rules stood, like humans not being able to run for the seat.
"Sorin," I whispered, "You're eligible now."

Sorin: My suspicious stewing was interrupted, and I spoke with a whisper in response.
"I'm not too sure about that. And even if I can run, who would vote for me? You're not sixteen yet, so you can't. But then again, things seem to be different. Of course, I might end up like the other council members."

Therese: I stood beside my new acquaintance and listened to the speech, though I stayed ready to leave if any evidence pointed to my being unwelcome.

Pres. Seavey: "..... And now, if anybody eligible to run for Paranormal Council would like to run, this would be the time for you to come onstage and form a neat line." I gestured for them, whoever they may be, to come onstage via the stairway in front of stage left.

An Election, lovely.
Joannie folded her arms neatly as she looked around the room and back at the stage. She was sure that as a newcomer, she'd be no match to win against any of the locals. Still, part of her thought it would be at least the slightest bit interesting to take the reigns on such an operation.

The redhead had done pretty well for herself before all this, having owned a small business. Even now, she managed to hunt, gather, fish, and improvise her way across this hell. She knew how to survive, and survival was always key to prosperity.
She turned to Jesse, giving her a questioning look to see what the only other acquaintance she had wanted to do
cacti.convo cacti.convo

Syntyche let out a sigh and took one final drag from his cigarette before dropping it and stepping on it. He stepped off from the wall and dusted off his jacket, "Well, it appears that the meeting has started, and by the sudden sound of silence, I assume something interesting was said." He began walking and looked over his shoulder back at the boy, "If you decide to come in, I'll have a seat beside me for you. If you're inclined." It was the least he could do for the kid. After all, he did just listen to him complain and try to figure out what was going on. NickNacks NickNacks

Euodia nodded at the girls response to her and pursed her lips. It had appeared that no one knew how to reverse or challenge these creatures. "Pointless." she whispered under her breath. Her brother was right, just another town without any answers. Then the mention of another council election was in talks. She let out a frustrated sigh and shook her head. She looked over at the woman beside her, "Looks like this meeting wasn't going where I thought it was." She said as she slowly stood up to a crouch and put her hood back up on her head, "Thank you for letting me sit with you. Best of luck out there." She said giving the girl a reassuring smile. AquaMarie AquaMarie

Jesse caught Joannies eye and smirked, shrugging to show her lack of enthusiasm.
Jesse knew she could try and be part of the council but she would never be elected, she was rude and pessimistic and definitely not council material.
She stood up, but only to move into the seat next to Joannie so she could
lean over and whisper, “You should do it, you give off that kind of wise authority that people need.”
PlasticBeach PlasticBeach

"But they don't even know who I am. I haven't been in this 'ol place for more than maybe a few hours, it'd be a little out of the ordinary. " Joannie whispered back with a soft guffaw before pursing her lips. It was definitely tempting, but was it worth the risk?
If I play my cards right, maybe.
..Aw hell Joan, what are you thinking?

She crossed her legs as she weighed her options.

cacti.convo cacti.convo

Karn hesitated, something about this felt wrong. Standing, he raised his hand and spoke so that he could be heard by all. "President Seavey, many of the people present aren't residents here. Not that it is a slight against them. It's just, they would be running for Council. What would keep them from leaving if things got worse, which they probably will before getting better if getting better is even possible. Why don't you remain in your position even if it's for another 6 months or a year until there is a chance for those who chose to remain to have the opportunity to introduce themselves properly. We don't know them or where they stand. It's crazy for us to believe in someone we don't know or know if we can trust."

Karn let out a breath. This was madness. This was exhausting.

Pres. Seavey: I addressed his concerns, level despite not liking being questioned.
"We seem to be short on citizens; Over half of the people here are new faces, and certainly if they had no interest in our town and our policies then they would have passed through; Lake Michigan does not completely surround us.
"As well, I plan on remaining president for years to come; That has yet to change.
"You are welcome to run of course, if you are inclined to."

Karn looked down at his feet, then taking in a breath he stared back into President Seavey's eyes. "Alright, I will." Karn looked around at the others in the auditorium and addressed them. "Um...hello, everyone. I am Karn Bluhen and I live here in Greenstone Harbor. Times are hard and I think they may get harder but I will be here and if I am voted for I will be here for you."

Sitting back down Karn took a deep breath. His mind was racing and he questioned his action. At this moment he wanted nothing but to be back home.

Christopher meandered down the streets of the foreign town, whistling a rather upbeat tune. Things had certainly become interesting in the past year, but now it seemed that everyone had reached a point of normality. The shamblers, as they had been named, were nothing new and communities were looking to rebuild themselves. Where was the excitement? He longed for the moments of chaos and panic that had come within those first few months- the screams and gun shots and blood shed. Hence why he was now wandering into this new area. Maybe they'd have something here to preoccupy his mind. Unfortunately though, the past half hour had been filled with absolutely nothing. The young man's whistling seemed to grow more frantic in his new found agitation. What good was traveling if there was nothing to see? After a few more steps, he came across a building with its door slightly ajar, and what was that he heard? Voices? A grin split his face as he began his casual saunter towards the building, whistling all the while. Carefully he nudged the door further open and found himself in what looked like a meeting of some kind. His whistling slowly died down only to be replaced with a grin. A fawn had been giving a speech it would appear, but he quickly took his seat. "My apologies," the words fell from his lips, though his smile suggested little remorse. "Looks like I'm interrupting something important. Girl scouts meeting, perhaps?"
VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Joannie watched 'Karn' sit down, feeling sympathy towards the fellow since it seemed that the speech itself had put more of a damper on his already melancholic demeanor. However, her thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the latest stranger to join the council meeting, and she quickly stood up from her seat defensively.
The redhead's brow furrowed, but she spoke in a clear, cautious tone "Suppose you didn't see all the fliers floatin' around, did you?"
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Marina curiously looked around the meeting area as the lady up at the stage announced that if anyone wanted to run for the council to step up on stage. To which she noticed not a lot of people were making there way up on the stage. She herself was not interested in running for a role in the council as she had just stopped by the town to see if this town had found a way to stop the Shambles. But like she feared, this town had not found a cure or a solution.

“Yep...not what I was hoping to find in this meeting either” she replied back to the women, who had also not found what she was hoping for in the meeting. She looked over and up towards Euodia as she got up and smiled at her “your welcome, and best of luck to you too….be safe out there,” she replied with a friendly smile and a nod and the women walked out of the meeting.
Although Marina was not planning to be apart of the council. She was going to continue to sit in the building and take a long rest before she went off on her way and continue on her traveling.

The male's heterochromatic eyes lazily trailed their way to the woman who stood up. Feisty, curvaceous, and a southern twang, she was certainly an interesting thing. "S'pose I didn't." He fired back with a smile. Casually, Christopher walked over to one of the seats in the back. "Please, don't let me interrupt your neighborhood meeting." He took a seat, crossing one lanky leg over the other. Hopefully this would prove to be entertaining, even if it was just him throwing out sarcastic comments until he was kicked out. Until then, he figured it would only be fitting to hear what it was these people were talking about. Again he let his eyes wander the room, taking note of the many people who occupied the area, including someone who appeared to be leaving. That boring, huh?
PlasticBeach PlasticBeach

The redhead studied the individual, still somewhat wary of him.
Odd one, ain't he?
She thought to herself as she slowly turned back around to sit down, giving the stranger a small "Hmph." in response. Still, seeing that one person has already left, she felt it necessary to apologize to the President for her chiming in "Sorry, ma'am. Please, do continue."
Joannie decided to at wait a moment for Seavey to continue before she decided to leap towards the stage. After all, she wanted to join the council, even if she was a stranger herself.
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Seavey: "Thank you." I said to Joannie, still containing myself from an less than optimal reaction to the young man's interruption. I paraphrased my previous instructions since nobody but one had come forward.
"As I was saying, Anybody else who would like to run for a council seat should come onstage and introduce yourself."

Last edited:
Why...why were we even here? These people are just a bunch of strangers from off the street. It's inevitable, you'd get all kinds of losers, like the Girlscout and who knows what other kinds of psychos. Then to top it all off you offer them a position in local government even though it's downright apocalyptic outside. This was all too exhausting. Karn wanted nothing more than to be back home. There was still too much to maintain and he couldn't stay for too long or the enchantment would fail.

He rumbled through his bag and wanted nothing more than to call for a smoke break. Instead, he grabbed the almost empty sleeve of crackers and started to finish them off. He looked around the room to see if any other hands shot up. Then he chanced a glance back at the newcomer. Pushing his glasses back up his nose he hoped that guy would get bored and leave as well.

Joannie looked around the room, seeing if anyone else would go up to the front. Soon enough, her lack of patience got the best of her and she took her hat in one hand, standing up straight. Briskly, she waltzed up to the stage and turned towards the crowd.
Here goes nothin'

"Good afternoon, Green Harbor." She said in a strong voice "Name's Joannie Mcoffey, I come from the west, and made my way solo to this quaint 'ol place. As a newcomer, I would like to bring a fresh perspective to the table, along with a hands-on approach when it comes to ensurin' that this town prospers."

Short and sweet, that was the best way to start. While she spoke, she kept a pleasant smile, and did her best to look friendly and relaxed, which seemed believable despite the awkward tension.
AquaMarie AquaMarie Derpy Dev Derpy Dev Jakeberna Jakeberna VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus cacti.convo cacti.convo NickNacks NickNacks

Marina folded her arms under her chest as she leaned back in her chair. She lifted and eyebrow as the newcomer interrupted the meeting. Though as quickly as the interruption started it ended and the meeting continued. Again the president asked if anyone else was interested in stepping up for the offer of being apart of the council. Marina looked away from the stage not wanting to make eye contact with anyone, as she did not want to be apart of the council. Her attention went back towards the stage as a women stood up on stage and announced herself. Marina smile at what the women had to say and she liked her perspective.

Peyton Gail
Peyton shifted uncomfortably as he tried to focus on his surroundings. "I'm A little confused. . ." He admitted in a whisper to Aleta. Aleta laid directly underneath Peyton, under his chair. Peyton was often absent of mind and relied on Aleta to catch him up. Sure Peyton listened, Just not always very well.

Scanning the crowd as members approached the front of the room he locked his eyes on a figure looking towards the ground to his left. sScooting a few seats over, Aleta not far behind, he offered a small smile and tilted his head back towards the stage to listen to the southern sounding speaker.

Mood:Scattered

Tags: AquaMarie AquaMarie
code by apolla apolla

Aleta
Aleta followed intently on the speakers as best she could. Peyton was often off in his own little world, hence their late arrival, and relied on her to catch him up. She never minded helping him out, they were best friends after all, but she did wish he'd learn the manners to listen better. Tilting her head up to listen to Peyton she gave a slight roll of her eyes and replied in a huff "They need a council to help save the human and our population due to the unnatural shambled type. As of now they're finding a Council to lead us with ideas and such."
With a sudden rush of curiosity and boredom from Peyton, Aleta downsized into a Weasel and scurried under chairs to catch where he was going. Settling once again she returned again to the state of a dog and laid under his chair as an easier way to listen to the multiple voices around her.

Forms present: Weasel
images

Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

Mood:Neutral

Tags:none
code by apolla apolla

Marina looked back up from the ground and towards the stage when the president stoped asking for more people to step up on stage. Something caught her eye, some one was moving a few seats down towards her.

Locking eyes with him she returned the small smile. Marina was about to turn her attention back to the stage when she noticed the dog laying under the guy sitting next to her. It had been a long while since she seen a dog with a person, most off the times they were off in a pack. Leaning over towards the guys she whispered as to not disturbed meeting "You have a beautiful dog...been a while since I saw someone with a dog companion.." Anonymous Anonymous

VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow Anonymous Anonymous AquaMarie AquaMarie Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness PlasticBeach PlasticBeach Jakeberna Jakeberna cacti.convo cacti.convo Derpy Dev Derpy Dev
Sorin: After hesitating, I stepped up onstage to introduce myself as the fourth candidate. Nobody after Joannie Mccoffey had came up to the stage, so I figured I aught to at least give Greenstone Harbor a full council by default.
"Hello, everyone. I'm Sorin Dalca and I'm hoping to bring to this town a voice in favor of all who need it. I haven't been here more than a few days, but nonetheless this town has appealed to me, and I want to see it's potential come to full fruition."

Last edited:
Im trying out a new bbc, Instead of having two posts I'll just combine them into one but in separate paragraphs!

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/teen-wolf-pack/images/0/0d/Froygutierrez1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180213230841')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqdtccRg23NsV61WfsgJr-B_q-rQAw_2mXqyRviq27liHX-Fy2')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Peyton & Aleta[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] Council Meeting
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] Marina
[div class=tag]tags[/div] AquaMarie AquaMarie
[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Peyton chuckled and looked down at Aleta "Oh thanks, usually she prefers a smaller form when we're in crowded rooms but she's listening at the moment and prefers to have a dogs ears." Peyton gave Aleta a rub on the head and then looked back up at the girl "Oh um I'm Peyton by the way; And this is Aleta, my daemon." Peyton looked around the new girl and his eyebrows scrunched together "Where's Yours?" Peyton paused to think for a moment before coming across a realization "You must be a witch, right? Where I'm from only Witches can be without their daemons real close." The code doesn't how paragraph breaks but Aleta Is Below! Aleta looked up from where her gaze rested on the stage and gently scolded Peyton "Peyton. Not everyone has a present Daemon, Some are on the inside. These people aren't like us at home, Be polite." Aleta assumed a smaller cats form and lept into Peytons lap to meet the newcomer fully. Flicking her tail she gazed into the girls eyes and gave a small smile "As he said, I'm Aleta his Daemon. What species would you be?" [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

Marina looked down at Aleta as Payton commented about her being able to change into different forms. 'Oh so she's not a normal dog..' she thought as she came to the conclusion the guy next to her must not be human either. Then again she might be wrong it was hard for her to tell at times. But hey he seems nice and his companion is cute.

"I see, the dogs ears would come in handy here and it's nice to meet you Peyton...and nice to meet you too Aleta...I'm Marina" she replied with a small friendly smile. 'Oh she is a daemon,wow' thought ran through her head as she was about to add something to her greeting when she was taken back by his question. Where was her daemon? Merfolk don't have any, at the most a sea creature as a friend but not daemons. Then she could not help but smile at his addition of him thinking she was a witch. She wished she was cool and was an actual witch.

"Its alright Aleta…..and no I'm not a witch...and I don't have a daemon either" she replied as she watched Aleta transform from a dog to a cat. "My species?..." she leaned in a bit closer to them still unsure about humans finding out she was not one of them, due to rumors. "...I'm a Merflok actually ...also known as an Alantien, siren or the more popular name for humans is a Mermaid.." she whispered at them. Anonymous Anonymous

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Joannie gave a nearly inaudible sigh of relief as 'Sorin' joined her on the stage. If she was honest, she was worried that she would have ended up making a fool out of herself as she stood alone, facing the passive and cold audience.

She folded her arms and leaned toward the other lucky contestant, just enough where she could be hear as she whispered sarcastically " Friendly folks, aren't they?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back