• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

StrixDesmodus

Totally human, I swear!
The country may be dying at the hands of the Shamblers, but municipal governments are relatively intact, and so are local paranormal councils, even if they are losing popularity. Many people have come together in this time of disaster to engage in trade and collaboration. Still, the reality is that anyone may be lost to The Change; All it takes is a bite.

Francis: A long way from Detroit, Sorin and I had been traveling by wagon scrounged from a museum in a small town. For a while, I had been the one pulling it in the form of a horse, but we had the fortune of coming across an abandoned farm early on, with some draft horses loose in the pasture.
Those horses weren't the only animals we had accrued- By now we had some laying hens, a pair of dogs, and four goats.
We weren't traveling by choice, or at least Sorin wasn't. Various paranormal councils had banished us for revealing magic to the local humans. I never did get that- Shouldn't people be honest with each other during a crisis?
Eventually, we reached a town called Greenstone Harbor, and it proved a suitable place for us. After two or three days, we had come across signs posted across the area- A manditory meeting, by order of the Paranormal Council, with optional human attendance.

I just don't trust this town..
The stout, red haired woman stared at the sign, then back at the entrance to the location. Joannie, or was her name Joanne? She couldn't remember, nor did she care at this point. For all she knew, her name was Louise.
However, now is not the time to get lost in the world's mysteries. After all, she's gotta make a good first impression. Joannie pulled her dusty, wide brimmed hat low enough to shield her eyes, and entered the scene.

President Seavey: I was sitting in the auditorium's back row, something I often did before I had to speak publicly, when I heard the door open. I turned to see a woman with curly, red hair in a wide brimmed hat.
"Hello," I greeted, holding out my hand to shake, "You're a little early for the meeting, but that's okay. The name's Willow Seavey."

Joannie glanced at the woman, seemingly studying her as she began speaking with a sugary, upbeat southern drawl "Aw well, if ya need to know anythin' about me, it's that I prefer bein' punctual. Joannie, Joannie Mcoffey's mah name." The corners of her crimson lips turned upwards in a pursed smile as she spoke, gripping Miss Seavey's hand, giving it a nice, firm shake.
"Pleased to be of yer acquaintance, Ma'am."

Argent
Argent had been eating beans for a week straight, and she was starting to get sick of them.

She popped the metal can open as she walked through derelict city streets. She readjusted the straps on her backpack every few steps as they continued to dig into her shoulders, and she idly shoveled a spoonful of beans into her mouth. Once upon a time, she would have used a napkin to wipe the smear of food off of her lips, rather than using her sleeve. But such social stigmas died when the apocalypse started.

An hour later, she was checking her map, pinpointing her own location. She pointed at that location with her grungy finger, then moved it across the map, tracing a path through the streets towards her goal. There it was - this city, as all cities did, had a Paranormal Council - and rumor had it, it was holding some very important meeting. The paranormal community had never been as accepting of her as she'd wanted them to be, or at least the one in her hometown hadn't. They expected her to be rich and perfect, to be better than the lowly humans. But maybe, just maybe, this council was better than her hometown's.

It's only ten minutes away, she thought, a slight smile reaching her lips. Better start walking. And as she did, she threw away an empty can of beans.

Pres. Seavey: "Yours too," I said, smiling. "Are you from around here?" I asked. It couldn't hurt to make conversation until all of the required people were here, especially since I had a reputation to uphold.

Therese: I took my usual walk around the area, looking to see if anybody was being attacked Shamblers, an unofficial job of mine. It was a shame that none of the scientists or even the magical creatures could find some way to undo The Change. Maybe in years to come they would, a possibility that made the prospect of killing one weigh on me, but I knew that we'd never find a cure if they managed to Change all of us.
Near the edge of town, I spotted a figure with silver hair.

"Depends on how ya feel about outsiders." She joked dryly, smirking to herself as she continued "Though seein' that you've got signs posted willy-nilly, suppose you're not that bothered by less than reputable company, are ya?"
Especially in times like these.
She kept that part to herself

Pres. Seavey: I laughed a bit.
"Outsiders are fine, as long as they're not an angry mob or looking to dissect us. That's the problem with outsiders, but luckily we've been able to keep safe around here so far, at least from the outsiders." I frowned at the end of my last sentence. We may have been able to curb human malignancy, but we were in the middle of what might be Armageddon, and things were going to the dogs pretty quickly.

The woman's eyes flickered, though it was barely visible under the shadow of her hat. For a second, her expression was unreadable with a small peccable smile plastered on that pallid face of hers.
"Aw, well..Best to keep on truckin', eh?" Joannie began taking the old hat off her head as she spoke, shaking the mop scarlet ringlets that grew wild "Now, if ya don't mind my asking, what exactly is the purpose of this little 'ol meetin'?"

Last edited:
Jesse huffed in frustration as she trekked to the meeting. What was the point of this dumb thing? The world was ending and everything was going wrong but instead of tying to fix it, everyone is just going to chat and faff around.
Jesse opened the door, her eyes immediately settling on a short red haired woman talking to a powerful, looking blonde woman. Part of her was interested in their conversation, but the other, bigger part, of jesse’s logic told her to blend into the background, to not be seen.

Marina sighed as she kicked a small pebble down the empty road she was walking. It had been a quite and long day, not having seen anyone on her whole trip. Well non-shambles, she did spot two small hordes and ran into two in the morning. Though now she was alone again walking down the road covered in dead leaves. "I do hope im going the right way" she whispered to herself as she had gotten lost before.

Walking for a few minutes more she came up to a sing that read 'Greenstone Harbor'. With a smile on her face she adjusted her backpack and picked up her pace. She was so glad that she had finally found the town, now she just hoped all the rumors were right. As she walked down the street she started to noticed signs posted every so often announcing an welcoming travelers to the meeting. "well...I guess the rumors were right..there is a meeting" she said walking away from one of the signs, making her way towards the meeting.

Argent
Meeting strangers had become rarer, but it still happened, like the rain in the desert. Maybe Argent would have met more strangers, if she'd spent more time looking for them. Nevertheless, she saw one then and there - a woman with curly black hair stood on the other side of the street, and a silent moment passed between them. The woman looked older than Argent, and seemed a little taller than her too. Argent could never tell on sight if someone was another supernatural, but this one looked human.

Well, humans aren't so bad.

Even so, Argent wasn't feeling very talkative. But she couldn't just pass without saying a word, could she?

"Hey," she called, before checking around to make sure none of those Shamblers were nearby. "You going to that meeting as well?"

Looks like more folks are rolling in..
Joannie's eyes shifted from Seavey to see who it was, and spotted a glimpse of dark hair. Her brow furrowed for a short moment, making eye contact with the stranger.
Odd one, ain't she?..Are they a she?
She wasn't sure, having only seen them for a second. Still, for her it was best to be aware of her surroundings and who was in it. Joannie craned her neck to see who the stranger was.

Jesse’s eyes scanned over the crowd, before she locked eyes with the ginger woman she had spotted. Her whole body tensed and she nodded curtly to the woman, pursing her lips into a tight line which made her scar itch.
Don’t do it, Jesse. Focus on the meeting. She had to make sure she wasn’t distracted by anyone... but she couldn’t help but wonder...

The corners of the redhead's lips were tugged upwards in another smile, though it didn't seem to reach her eyes, as she studied the girl with baleful crimson.
Quiet, closed-off; A loner type by the looks of it. Might need to keep an eye on her, never know with these ones.
Joannie politely excused herself from the conversation after a few minutes, turning on her heel.

Last edited:
As the woman spun on her heels Jesse shook her head and cleared her throat, forcing herself to snap out of the idea of talking to people. She wasn’t willing to go through the pain of losing anyone, ever again.
Jesse scanned her eyes over the crowd, there weren’t many people, was this all that was left? The human were a mess but surely the supernaturals were still alive?
Oh who was she kidding, jesse knew exactly how dead the supers were.

Pres. Seavey: I watched the two watch each other tensely, not saying a word until I remembered I was the paranormal president for Pete's sake, and if I was worth my salt I'd have to do something. I held out my hand to the newcomer, glad that Joannie had excused herself; If they had so much as began to exchange heated words- Well, we couldn't have that.
"The name's Willow Seavey," I said, though the young woman in black didn't seem interested in talking.

Therese: "Hi," I called back while approaching the other, "Maybe. I was thinking about it, but I'm not sure about it. I figure they might not want someone like me around, even if the sign says it's okay, ya know?" I shrugged. Some humans were infuriated by the idea of being left out of any official gathering, but personally I figured it would be better not to intrude on the magical creatures.

The blonde woman’s hand entered Jesse’s view and immediately she tended again. After she said her name Jesse looked up in shock, “Like...President Willow Seavey?” Jesse shook her hand, “Jesse Arganfolk, pleasure to meet you.” She took a deep breath, the meeting mustve been important if the president was there. Jesse felt bad for a second, she seemed like and antisocial asshole now but, what can you do?

Joannie inhaled softly, walking over to one of the adjacent walls while she fiddled with her hat. It felt a little better to rest against something solid and get the pressure off of her feet. She couldn't remember the last time she took a break from the endless journey she knew quite well.
"Damn." She uttered in relief when she felt her back rest against the wall, as she partially kept herself tuned into the conversation.
Much Better

Pres. Seavey: "Pleasure to meet you too, and yes, I'm the president of this paranormal council." And, as I had almost told Joannie, the last paranormal councillor of Greenstone Harbor. I didn't like to admit it to myself, much less announce it from behind a podium, so I didn't volunteer the information just yet, since the one who had asked the question seemed to have left the conversation.

Sorin: Francis and I had agreed to grab some semblance of lunch before the council meeting, and when we could eat no more of our hard boiled eggs and goat cheese, we headed for Cochran High's auditorium, where the signs had said the council would be holding the meeting. However, we had little idea where it was. Coming across a young woman with curly, brown hair, I stopped the wagon when we a few yards away from her.
"Francis, you're faster than me, go ask her if she knows where Cochran High School is."
Francis: "Okay" And with that I jumped down from the wagon and at a quicker pace approached her.
"Hey," I said once close enough, "Do you know which way the paranormal council meeting is?"

I'll have to apologize later for the early leave
Joannie continued to partially listen in, rubbing the back of her leg with one hand as she watched. Her calves were slowly regaining some kind of feeling to them, but with the cost of a horrid aching sensation.

Marina had been following the signs towards the council meeting point. Having come to a dead end a while back, but it seemed now that she was headed the right way. She continued down the street when she heard what seemed to be a vhiacle of some sorts. Turning around she spots a wagon and someone running towards her.

Taking a few steps back she made sure to keep her distance she was unsure if this person ment her harm. Small ice crystals formed around her figure tops. She would be ready if he tried anything funny.

Marina let out a sigh of relief as the ice crystals on her figure tips evaporated. He was only looking for the council like she was. "Well I think I do....I'm not to sure...um to tell you the truth..."she said with a small smile rubbing the back of her neck "I just been following the signs and I think we are close.." she repelied.

The president, Jesse was talking to the president. She frowned slightly, “So what’s the point of this meeting? Surely getting us all in one place is a bad idea if an attack happens.”
Jesse knew she probably shouldn’t be so curt with the President but since the humans had turned she had lost the ability to care about social hierarchy and whether or not she was hurting someone’s feelings.

Last edited:
Argent

Argent thought for a second before smiling. Definitely human. "Well, you're never gonna get a better chance to see them in all their uppity glory, are you?" She suddenly felt more comfortable with this person, after hearing that she was uncomfortable about the place too. It felt... daunting, to say the least. Even before the apocalypse, Argent hadn't liked the other supernaturals, nor had they liked her. But humans? She could work with humans.

"I've got the place marked down on my map," Argent continued with a small smile. "Want me to show you the way?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back