• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Marina took in a deep breath as she closed her eyes as she gently let it out. 'ok Marina your doing good, everyone seems to be here for the meeting..' she went through her thoughts as she opened her eyes and looked around again. To which she noticed and even felt most weren't humans, to which made her relax a bit more. Marina had been worried about being here, not to say she still wasn't, just seeing and feeling magical creatures eased her worrying.

About almost a month ago, the last group she had been with had left an impression. The last night she had spend with them was when she was told about a rumor one of the older member had heard. She had only been with the group for about almost a week and she had held back letting them know that she was not really human. Mostly because the older members weren't found of non-humans. The rumor had been that the collection of magical beings blood might help protect them from shambles. The thought of what the group might be doing now sent shivers down her back, to which she was glad she had left that night while everyone slept.

The sound of a voice next to her pulled her away from her thoughts, looking to her side she saw the women that had been by the door earlier. "oh...um no no...go ahead you can if you like I don't mind" she replied with a small but friendly smile. She looked around seeing a few open seats and then back to the blond haired women, wondering why she wanted to sit next to her.
Jakeberna Jakeberna

Jesse nodded along to Joannies words, “Yeah, um, how long is the gonna be? I’ve got places to got and stuff to do.” She called out the President as well.
She glanced at Joannie when she felt her take off her large coat and raised an eyebrow, “Not a fan of crowds?”
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus PlasticBeach PlasticBeach

cacti.convo cacti.convo PlasticBeach PlasticBeach
Pres. Seavey: I smiled to Joannie.
"Yeah, there's sure more people than I expected. It looks like I'll be starting soon. This shouldn't take more than a half hour, forty-five minutes tops."

Francis: I had sat down, and Sorin sat next to me, when I disappointedly realized the new guy wasn't with us. Maybe he didn't want to be in the building. Oh god! What if he was on his way to becoming a Shambler! Or so I've heard, not speaking and avoiding buildings were signs. But then again, he was still conscious enough to ride on our wagon. I've never seen a Shambler on any sort of vehicle. My stomach twisted at the thought of yet another.... Ugh. Well, if he was Changing, then I suppose I'd find out soon enough.

Last edited:
cacti.convo cacti.convo StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus
"I'm less of a fan of heating up in stuffy rooms, if that's what yer asking." She replied with a small chuckle before looking back at the president with a smile "Let me know if ya need any help with setting up, if not I'll go ahead and get seated."

Argent
Argent smiled and nodded. Therese...

"That's a nice name," she replied. "Oh, and people call me Argent. It works for me." A moment of silence passed. "And you just live around here?"

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus

Therese: I nodded, keeping up and keeping vigilance for Shamblers. At first I thought I saw one in the corner of my eye, but a good look showed me it was just a deer.
"Born and raised."

Pres. Seavey: "That won't be nessessary- Everything's set up already- But thanks very much. And sorry about the wait."

A low, tenor voice made Gabe look up, only to spot a strangely-dressed young man dressing him. He had almost a mischievous kind of expression, as though that were simply how his face rested, and Gabe had to admit that he was a little jealous of his coat, even if it would be far too large for him. The boy shrugged, his hand fluttering from an O into a K, the typical fingerspelling for the response to the question. There were now three people who were trying to talk to him...That was probably a new record for the past few months.

Jakeberna Jakeberna

"No problem at all. After all, ain't got nowhere important to be." The redhead nodded with a smile as she opted to look around, eventually picking the first empty chair she saw. She went to the seat , placed her coat over it, and sat down promptly.
She took off her hat again, as to now obscure the view of anyone behind her, and waited patiently.

Argent
Makes sense, Argent thought. Most people didn't like wandering like she did after all. So she simply nodded, and looked at a few street signs while they walked in silence for a moment.

"This meeting," she started hesitantly, "Is it just something the Supernaturals here do every now and then? Or is this the first time they've held a public meeting?"

Jesse watched as Joannie left and began looking around for somewhere to sit. Part of her wanted to sit next to someone who knew but, she also didn’t want to intrude. Jesse barely knew this people and would probably never see them again after this.
As a compromise she nodded once to the President and sat three chairs down from Joannie.
StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus PlasticBeach PlasticBeach

Therese: I shrugged.
"It started months ago, but they had one last week already. There must be something important going on. Huh, looks like we're there. You going in?"

Euodia lifted the back of her cloak and sat down next to the woman. She put her satchel with the spell book in it on the spot next to her and pulled her hood down. She looked around the room and noticed that everyone seemed to be getting restless. Her eyes move over to the woman beside her and she started, "It looks like everyone has been waiting here for quite some time, are we waiting for someone?" She said in a soft tone.

AquaMarie AquaMarie

After noticing the boys gestures, Syntyche took a drag from his cigarette and exhaled, "Don't say much do you?" He said trying to crack a joke. He wasn't sure if the kid had taken a vow of silence, was deaf, or just simply a mute. Regardless, he did know one thing, they both had no desire to be in that building. He lets out a light sigh and puts one foot against the wall and leans back, "Ya know kid, apparently these elders or whatever in the building are suppose to know how to handle this screwed up situation." He scratched the back of his head and took another puff, "I think it's a bunch of crap honestly. There are some pretty powerful people out there and one of them has had to find a cure or something by now." Whether the boy actually understood him or not, he didn't really mind, he just needed someone to vent to.

NickNacks NickNacks

The comment received only a deadpan stare from Gabriel, no trace of humor on the boy's face. Still, he remained where he was, too obstinate to perhaps too apathetic to surrender his spot to the strange man. The fellow did begin to elaborate on the purpose of the meeting, however, which caught Gabe's interest, and he frowned up at Syntyche before glancing back towards the building. A plan? They were working on a plan now, after so much had already happened? After whole towns were lying like rotting crypts in the desert? Then, the fellow brought up an obvious factor.

It had been so long since the first string of occurrences. If the meeting was happening now, there had to be some kind of strategy behind it. His brow creased. Picking up a stick from the ground, Gabe resorted to stretching out a short sentence in the dirt. The man hadn't seemed to understand his signing from before.

They probably want something.

Jakeberna Jakeberna

Syntyche watched as the boy drew in the dirt. His eyes narrowed to what he had printed out and let out a sigh, "I guess the next question would be what. What do they want? And how does a town meeting give them what they want." It took him a minute to put two and two together and then he looked down at the boy, "People? Maybe to build some sort of an army?" It wasn't strange to think. Some of the towns he and his sister visited had groups of people who tried to fight off these creatures. Syntyche was all for a good fight; but one thing he wasn't about, was becoming a science experiment to the humans.

NickNacks NickNacks

His brow furrowed deeper at the man's elaborations. An army? What would they need an army for, to wipe out the creatures? That was impossible-there were just too damn many of them. And besides, what would they do with one? Gabe shook his head with a small frown, etching another response: Not enough people. Though he might be wrong about that. It seemed as though more and more were showing up by the minute, and Gabe wasn't sure what everyone was trying to accomplish. He amended his statement, scribbling another message.

Too many monsters.

cacti.convo cacti.convo

Joannie noticed Jesse seating herself nearby, and gave a brief wave before folding her arms and resting back in her chair, now considering what the meeting would have in store, and what the redhead could gain from it.

Marina watched the women as she sat down her items next to herself. Seeing the book she wondered what the book contained within its pages.
Looking back to scan the room once more she knodded. "Yes, most seem a bit antsy...they must have gotten here eairly" she replied as she looked over to see if she could spot out the main host of this meeting. "I'm not 100% sure who were are actually waiting for...although if I would have to guess...it might be mainly the elders? right?...that's how it mainly works..." she replied a bit unsure of how things worked in this town or the group that had place together this meeting. But hey it was a good guess she hoped. Jakeberna Jakeberna

AquaMarie AquaMarie cacti.convo cacti.convo Jakeberna Jakeberna PlasticBeach PlasticBeach VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow
Pres. Seavey: When the influx of people slowed down, I made my way to right stage, where the technicians promptly parted the curtains. I wanted to cry, but how would that look? Especially in times like these, when the people needed a strong leader, I couldn't afford to.
"Hello," I began, speaking from my turning stomach so as to sound louder with the lack of a working microphone, " For those of you not from here, I am President Willow Seavey."
"It is with great sadness that I call you all here today, to announce the loss of my fellow council members. I cannot say they died peacefully; We do not often have that comfort in these times, but we may commend that they had made it this far. Let us observe a moment of silence for Leon Davies, Jennifer Castillo, Romulus Fitzlovett....."

Francis: As the president listed off the council members, four total, I wondered what happened that all of them died or Changed presumably yesterday, and unpeacefully, no less.
"Weird," I murmured, "how?"

Sorin: I developed an intense expression, one of suspicion. Of course the surviving town that seemed halfway decent would appear to have undergone a coup. If this paranormal council was led by the standard five people, then this President Seavey was the only one left.

Dr. Jewel Krattenstein: I was late, but my reason wasn't flimsy; A patient needed my care. Now that they were stabilized, I was finally able to get to the meeting. A few strangers had stared at me on the way- there was no illusion of humanity about me, which would have made it easier for people to step on my tail- but nonetheless I made it.

Joannie listened quietly, furrowing a brow. Admittedly, she'd never heard of these people before. Hell, she barely knew a thing about this town, nor it's situation. However, it seemed quite odd that these deceased members hardly added a gloomy atmosphere to the room before, much less were they mentioned in passing. She shifted in her chair, starting to focus on the meeting more intently.

Karn bowed his head and observed the moment of silence. His eyes welled up with tears. He had no clue, but why would he. When things started going downhill he closed himself off from the world. No, not from the world but from Greenstone. He hid and waited for it to pass, ignorant of the suffering of others. No, not ignorant...ignoring. Hearing the names of the now dead council members filled him with shame. Had he tried to help anyone, no. If his grandmother was alive she would have hit him with a spoon for even suggesting that they hide away when others were in need. She is dead, they are dead, and more will die.

Wiping his eyes he looked up at President Seavey. Then he looked around the room. How many of us are left? What can we even do? With a sniffle, he looked down to the floor. What a start for a meeting.

Syntyche watched as the boy draw in the sand again, erasing it, then rewriting. He watched as more and more people entered the building. Most looked like humans, but he learned the hard way that looks could be deceiving. He took another puff and looked down at the writing in the dirt, "Too many monsters." He rubbed his chin for a second, "Yeah, you're probably right. Who knows why they're having a council meeting. Maybe to gather a head count of who is still alive?" It was an odd assumption but not one that would be too far fetched.

NickNacks NickNacks

Euodia nodded at the woman, "That's usually how these things work, an elder stands up, talks about the topic at hand," in this case she was hoping to find a solution or some sort of progress on how to handle these creatures, "and then everyone leaves." She let out a sigh and leaned back crossing her legs waiting for this thing to start.

Moments had passed and Euodia noticed the person walking towards the front of the auditorium. She leaned over to her new acquaintance and whispered, "I think it's finally starting." As she sat back, she heard the woman begin and focused in on her words.

"It seems like a Eulogy..." Euodia murmured under her breath. She looks over to the woman beside her and started, "I don't know if you're from this place or not, but is this a normal occurrence?" She looked around at the other members present and noticed that most of their emotions were pretty stale. "Are most of these people outsiders?" she thought to herself.

Wait.

Euodia picked up on an emotion of sorrow and sadness. But the emotion wasn't from someone who is human. "A Faun..." She says quietly. If there was one thing she knew about Fauns it was that they were brilliant creatures and she knew if someone in this room had answers, it was going to be him.

VasiliasMellow VasiliasMellow AquaMarie AquaMarie

Last edited:
Marina nodded “I guess you're right” she whispered back agreeing with her. Euodia was right that was how meetings worked. Well to the extent that Marina knew they did, but most meeting she had seen was in TV. Marina leaned back on her chair looking out towards the front of the auditorium.

The brunette watched as the curtains parted and a woman with black hair welcomed and introduced herself. To which Marina tilted her head and just started at the women up on the stage. She had a familiar feeling ‘could she be?’ she thought as she got a feeling that the woman who called herself President Willow Seavey was like her. Marina was intrigued, she had to find out if her hunch was right.

Marina was pulled back from her thoughts as the tone of the room had changed. The women was listing out names, names of people the town had recently lost. The room got quiet and Marina lowered her head to pay her respects to those lost. Only to look over towards her companion as she asked her a question. “Not from here...and nope...not really a normal thing to start out meetings with...” she replied with a shrug and gently shook her head.

She looked out to the others around her, mainly because Euodia started to scan the room. Few here and there still paying their respects to those that were lost, most looked annoyed and wanting to go home, while a tinny few seemed to have taken the news hard.

He gave a one-shouldered shrug in response to the young man's musings. He seemed more to be thinking aloud than talking to Gabe, which was fine by him. It could be a tad arduous when someone expected him to carry on a conversation. Even with the obvious selective muteness aside, Gabe was something of a quiet person. Plus, he had a lot to think about regarding this meeting. From the sounds of things, it had already started-everyone in there sounded dead silent.

Jakeberna Jakeberna

Argent
Argent nodded. "Yeah," she said slowly. "I guess I am." After that, Argent stepped in. The leader, whatever his name was, seemed to have already started his speech, so she silently leaned against a wall and listened, hoping to be able to catch herself up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back