• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo peeps!

Impossible Victory is a war role-play with slice of life and possible romance undertones available as options to explore.

It takes place largely in a nation called Veilbrand, which is in the middle of a Revolution against a sadistic (that word doesn't do him justice, btw) and tyrannical dictator. The Revolution's leader, the Maiden of Revolution, has realized that the Revolution is losing people faster than they can replace and retrain new ones because there are no doctors in the nation. Those which existed prior are either dead, or imprisoned where the Revolution can't hope to possibly free them. Thus, there's no way for them to maintain the health of their people while they struggle towards freedom.

They need someone to fill that void and be there to ensure their sick and injured have someone to get them back in fighting condition. And thus, we have our inciting incident which is the Maiden, accompanied by three of her closest friends and allies, braving the crossing of the border to the nation of Cre' Est in a desperate attempt to recruit a doctor with a prodigious background, and a reputation to match, to bring back with them. This move is meant to both fill that void, and bring a spark of hope to their people as this particular doctor is known continent-wide for her talents and skills in the medical realm.

This is a medieval time period fantasy RP, and in keeping with the relative time period the flintlock rifle and pistol are the current pinnacle of weapon's technology. As well there is no use of electricity. Everything is fueled either by oil or by coal. Finally, there is no magic. This is meant to be a very grounded and realistic human experience, though there are a few minor tips of the hat to spiritualism and the occult from time to time. However, they will not be so prominent as to affect the core story.

This RP also adheres to the pre-determined roles method of character creation. However, it's only the roles, and small bits of their history which will be necessary to said role, that are pre-determined. Everything else about them is determined by you!

Open Roles - (all still open!)

The Maiden's Right Hand - This is the Maiden's closest friend and confidant. They grew up together (starting around 9-10 years old when she first set foot in this land after she abandoned her birthplace), and their trust in one another is unshakable... She could do without his promiscuous behavior, as he's quite the lady's man and exploratory romantic who enjoys hanging out at brothels to "blow off steam," and will flirt with almost any beautiful woman he sees if he has half the chance. However, for all his womanizing he's got a good head on his shoulders, is very dependable as a combatant with a sword, is a great hunter, and a great cook. And he's a sweetheart when he wants to be.

He carries a custom-made rapier which he received from his grandfather shortly before he passed away, and he loves this blade more than he does women which is saying something. If he's not hunting, cooking, or womanizing, he's polishing/sharpening that rapier and practicing with it.

Resident Thief - The Resident Thief is arguably the most complicated individual in the cast, and will be the most difficult to portray. So this section will be longer than the others.

He was tossed aside by his parents shortly after birth and ended up in an orphanage. The only kindness he knew came from the proprietress of the orphanage who treated him like a genuine surrogate son. She doted on him, always forgave his mistakes with a hug and a kiss to the forehead, cleaned him up when he got dirty, fed him, helped him bathe, and was the mother he always wanted. However, as he now knows all too well, good things are often fragile and can come to a rapid, unexpected end. He (seemingly) lost the proprietress to a fire which burned down the orphanage. She, along with any children who didn't make it out, were presumed dead by morning.

This fire was started by the forces of the dictator just after his rise to power. In fact, to the best anyone can tell, this was the first instance of the dictator's forces abusing the populace to show their power. Growing up in the streets after this event, the thief learned to trust no one as he was taken advantage of far too many times to count and forced to start over with less than nothing time and again.

This thief is a highly distrusting individual who won't give anyone the benefit of the doubt until he's seen, what for him, is enough proof, not evidence, proof that they are trustworthy. The only real friend he has is the next character on the list. Everyone else, even the Maiden, are not worthy of his trust. Yet. He will obey the Maiden's orders out of respect for her leadership role. But he doesn't fully trust her as a person. He won't sit next to her. He won't speak to her unless spoken to first. And he won't share meals with her directly unless invited by the next character on this list.

So yeah. A highly complicated and troubled young man who, deep down, just wants life to make sense again. He wants to go back to simpler times when the worst he had to endure was teasing from other people. Whether he finds a new mother figure, or the seemingly impossible dream of "love," he wants that warmth to return to his life.

The Weapon's Maker - She's a meek, skittish, but hopeful and optimistic young woman who believes with all her heart that the Revolution, under the Maiden's guidance, will find a way to succeed. She idolizes the Maiden, and even though she's been in her direct company for almost a full year she still finds herself star struck to be in her presence from time to time.

She met the resident thief approximately six years ago, and at first it was no different between them then between him and anyone else. He was distant, didn't speak unless spoken to, and didn't care to be around her. However, through her tenacity and optimism, as well as her purity of heart and soul, she managed to remind him a lot of the proprietress of the orphanage he grew up in. She has the same kind heart, the same maternal instinct, and the same sense of forgiveness when things go wrong. Eventually he found himself unable to maintain a defense around her, and he finally admitted to himself that he was fond enough of her to call her a true friend. His only one for the moment.

As her title suggests, she's excellent at making and maintaining weapons. However, she's not a blacksmith. She cannot forge or smith the raw materials into refined ones for her purposes. She'll need to buy, steal, or acquire the materials that she needs by other means. But once she has them there's little stopping her. She's already managed to create a wrist-mounted mini crossbow which she gifted to the Resident Thief for his birthday the year prior to this RP's events. And she's currently still trying to figure out a way to create a gun that can fire more than one shot at a time (aka, she's trying to figure out how to make the first revolver).

Note: It will take some time yet for her to figure out how to make the revolver, since it's the first time anyone's really thought about it practically in this world. So, I would actually encourage whomever takes this role to ignore the revolver creation to start, as she and the others are going to be on the road to start things off and she won't have access to her tools and materials to make anything anyway.

How the RP Starts

As stated in the beginning of this thread, the Maiden is going to take these three friends with her to cross the border to Cre' Est. It's going to be a dangerous journey right from the get-go for the trio, as the dictator's forces guard the border with lethal intent. If you're not an established and trusted merchant in the dictator's eyes, it's most likely a "kill first, ask questions later" scenario for you.

However, the Maiden's determined to bring back the doctor known as "The Angel of Cre' Est."

Why?

To call her a "prodigy" does her no justice. She's only in her early 20's (24 to be exact, though her exact age isn't known publicly for personal reasons) she's already invented over fifty new medicines and concoctions for various ailments and illnesses, as well as physical injury treatment, all of which are now in mass production across her homeland as well as being now regular exports to other nation through trade (for example, the dictator has access to these medicines, but the Revolution does not). She's pioneered new surgical practices, including having performed the first successful open-heart surgery. Her surgical methods are currently being observed and studied for the purpose of further development by the Medicinal Operations and Applications organization in her homeland with the purpose of implementing them at medical education facilities across the nation for future generations of medical practitioners. And finally, her expertise with the human body has allowed her to develop and implement new therapeutic practices which include the use of music, massage, and pressure point applications to reduce stress, pain, and reverse numbness. Her expertise with the human body has also made her a partner with local law enforcement who often request that she personally analyze a corpse to determine the cause of death to help better direct their investigations.

The Angel of Cre' Est's reputation is well known throughout Veilbrand. And the general populace has spoken openly on more than one occasion about wishing she were here to help. But at the same time, the general populace has to ask, "why would she come here?" Veilbrand is a broken, war-torn nation gasping for breath with the dictator's knee on their necks. And the Angel lives in paradise, and is idolized by her countrymen. She's got it made.

If the Maiden can convince her to come... If she can just convince this one person to come to Veilbrand and help them, then maybe, just maybe, it will give them the boost they need to finally gain some positive momentum and make some meaningful strides in this war.

What's Happens If/When They Succeed?

Apologies for the info dumping, but I want as much of the RP's setting and the direction to be as clear as possible. So, here comes more info dump!!

We'll start almost immediately in an action sequence while crossing the border to Cre' Est. The hope is to find and recruit the Angel of Cre' Est, whose name they recently learned from a traveling merchant is Doctor Almna. The only details they were able to gather on her are about how kind and compassionate she is, and that her beauty is matched only by her skills as a medical practitioner.

Our Resident Thief, bless his untrusting and sometimes overly cautious heart, has been vocal in his objections about this whole endeavor.

After all... Cre' Est is also home to a legendary assassin known as the Red-Eyed Demon (whom the Thief has caught a glimpse of several years ago), as well as the organization he comes from known as Te'i Sai. As his name might imply, the Red-Eyed Demon is the polar opposite of the Angel of Cre' Est.

Within this RP world there is no greater source of fear than the Red-Eyed Demon. All five nations on the continent know him as the most brutal and efficient assassin in history. And that's not counting his namesake; a pair of glowing red eyes, which he seems to be able to control the intensity of at will. He dual wields a pair of Orichalcum daggers, the blades of which are 14 inches (35.5 cm) in length and are estimated to weigh 35 pounds each. While nobody's seen him in a fight, it's been all but confirmed through aftermath analysis that he's capable of taking between 3-5 men on at once with no significant issues.

Te'i Sai, the organization he comes from, is the largest and most successful assassin organization on the continent and does nothing to try and hide it. They use their victim's blood to leave public messages and warnings about why their victims join the ranks of the dead, as well as to reaffirm their efficiency and supremacy in the "underworld," which is a term universal to the world of thieves, assassins, mercenaries, etc.

If the Maiden and her team can avoid Te'i Sai, and more specifically the Red-Eyed Demon, and manage to convince the Angel of Cre' Est to return to Veilbrand with them, then maybe the Revolution still has a chance.

However... You can probably guess who they're going to encounter along the way to meeting Doctor Almna. 🤣

Once they recruit Doctor Almna and return to Veilbrand, the real meat and potatoes of this RP will commence as a war RP with dedicated missions and battles that all our characters will be involved in.

Final Notes

Doctor Almna, the Red-Eyed Demon, and the Maiden will all be played by yours truly.

I need three people to fulfil the roles of the Maiden's Right Hand, the Thief, and the Weapon's Maker!

And as stated before, the roles and the little bits of information I provided are the only pre-determined parts of each one. You're free to be creative with every other aspect of their names, character history, the full breadth of their personalities, etc.

That's about it!

If you fancy becoming part of this RP about being part of a Revolution chasing a seemingly impossible victory against a brutal and psychopathically sadistic dictator with hundreds of thousands of forces to your one thousand-ish forces, let me know!

Character Sheets

Name:
Age: (The Right Hand is 23, the Thief is 26, and the Weapon's Maker is 20)
Height:
Weight:

Personality: (try to get at least one good paragraph in accordance with the info above, and feel free to add to it using your own creativity)

Bio: (try to get at least one or two solid paragraphs using the info above, as well as your own creativity)

*Optional Inclusions*

Voice Sample:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Unique Quirks/Nervous Ticks:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello! as an anarchist, i would love to be the Maiden! (i can do a rant for revolution but i will save it for the rp)

Last edited:
Hello, this sounds much to my interest, I don't know what process you are using for interested parties because I imagine this will gain traction fast, but I am interested in the Thief role.

Interested in the Right Hand role! Is it first-come first-served or applications?

Oh! Interest already!

Hi guys!

For the roles, it'll be by application. Any number of people can apply for any of the roles, and once I'm ready to start the RP I'll contact those I feel put together the best character sheets and seem to be the best fit for the RP, and me as an RP partner.

Don't let that scare you, though! I'm a nice enough guy, save for my penchant for torturing charact-I mean what?! AHEM!! Nothing, nothing! I said nothing!!

Anywho, if you'd like to play a specific character please put together a character sheet in adherence with the information provided about each one in my content above, and feel free to add any other details you might like about their lives and relationships up until the point the RP begins.

If you need any help understanding the characters, feel free to ask me in the private message and I'll be happy to fill you in on everything you'll need to fill the role while being able to use your own creativity to add more depth and detail than one's already there.

I'm going to collect applications until some time next week, probably either Monday or Tuesday, and once I'm ready I'll pick my favorite submissions to get started!

Cheers!

Sounds good! Any particular sheet we need to use?

Don't let that scare you, though! I'm a nice enough guy, save for my penchant for torturing charact-I mean what?! AHEM!! Nothing, nothing! I said nothing!!

I for one sponsor the wonderful Dark Lord Goji and can safely say that he keeps torture to a maximum of four times. ;D Have fun, all!

Hey all! It came to my attention when someone asked me for more details about Veilbrand that I should probably be sharing more about the place with all of you as well to help with character creation.

So, to that end I've made an OOC page which you can find at this link: Fantasy - Impossible Victory Lore

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Hi sorry I know you are closing applications today I just need a little bit more time I’m really sorry!

Hi guys. No worries!

I'm not gonna close applications until I know that everyone who's expressed interest has been able to submit a CS for review.

You got time!

Bump!

We still need more peeps who'd be interested and willing to submit an application!

One character hasn't gotten any love yet. 😭

Gonna try bumping this again, as I'm not ready to give up on it just yet!!

😤

Boop! Your bumps are successful in garnering my attention. :smilepuff: Your weapon maker has definitely caught my attention! I just hope I'm not too late to apply :dead:

Boop! Your bumps are successful in garnering my attention. :smilepuff: Your weapon maker has definitely caught my attention! I just hope I'm not too late to apply :dead:

Hoyo!

Not too late at all! I never got this off the ground, so all roles are available!

If you're ready, go ahead and work on a CS for the weapon's maker and send it to me in a PM. If you have any questions about Veilbrand's culture or other elements that will be important for crafting her, feel free to ask!

Hoyo!

Not too late at all! I never got this off the ground, so all roles are available!

If you're ready, go ahead and work on a CS for the weapon's maker and send it to me in a PM. If you have any questions about Veilbrand's culture or other elements that will be important for crafting her, feel free to ask!
Thank you for letting me know and sorry for the late reply! Had to sleep and now I'm just dealing with things around my place lol. But I definitely intend to start drumming up ideas for the weapons girly and if I have any questions, which I'm sure I will, I'll definitely reach out to you!

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I am, slowly, working on the weapon's maker. I just had a hectic weekend, ut I should be working on her shortly. I do have a question, but I just wanted to read over your lore page once again before I make another post here with my questions. Also, I completely understand if someone else applies for her instead and gets accepted.

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I am, slowly, working on the weapon's maker. I just had a hectic weekend, ut I should be working on her shortly. I do have a question, but I just wanted to read over your lore page once again before I make another post here with my questions. Also, I completely understand if someone else applies for her instead and gets accepted.

Hoyo!

Currently there aren't any pages posted for the lore of the RP.

I'll put one together and link it for you in a follow-up post. Be back soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back