• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Imperium (superpower/futuristic rp)

Seem Interesting?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Lore
In the year 2035, technology started to advance even quicker than it already had in the decades prior. The products of movies and television shows became reality; hover boards, giant touch holograms, smart homes, and all the other things you'd see in a Black Mirror episode. However with the boom in technology, there came consequences. In the year 2040 a virus had spread across the globe, but given past pandemics and mass spread diseases, scientists were ready this time, especially with the right technology on hand. The cure came with a price though, as certain "patient zeros" started to develop unique traits, or as the media called it "powers".

The few small cases eventually turned into a widespread phenomenon as people left and right were starting to discover new abilities or their children were being born with abilities. The area that was known as Ground Zero, Neo-City, became a popular spot given it was the birthplace of super powered humans. Not everyone was born on the same playing field though, and many began to also misuse their powers, encouraging the CEO's of the cure as well as the government to start hiring people with strong powers to help the police combat crime.

This worked well in the beginning. Corruption though led to the corporations and government to start ruling with unhealthy authority, with their super powered humans doing their dirty work, all the while, the company in charge of the cure, Imperium, started doing experiments under government orders to create even stronger humans. A leak to the press stimulated anger though, and as such a rebellion started to form.

Now a war is subtly breaking out in the heart of Neo-City, with the rebels (The Powered Against Government or PAG) and the corporations and government (with Imperium at the forefront) at odds. The rebels have numbers, however based on classification, their ranks only hold Tier 1- Tier 3 Supers, while Imperium has unique superhumans classified as Tier 5 and 6's.

While there have only been a few battles here and there, the city is tense with pressure building from each side. Its only a matter of time before one comes out on top

id be up for this. Do you have any others already since looks like you started this in February? Also would OOC take place entirely on RPN or would there be a Discord?

id be up for this. Do you have any others already since looks like you started this in February? Also would OOC take place entirely on RPN or would there be a Discord?
Launched in February but with lack of interest and a trip to Colorado I took a break before coming back to it so no others so far

If enough people join/would be interested in joining, I'd be open to making a discord for the rp

Cool, Ill mess around making a CS as i get an idea since might take a bit. How many Players were you looking for in total ideally?

Cool, Ill mess around making a CS as i get an idea since might take a bit. How many Players were you looking for in total ideally?
Haven't considered how many, but I'm. Depends how many characters everyone adds and the pace of the rp!

Interested,got an idea for a power and a character to go with it,though I might have to think a bit about any interesting parts of the backstory.

Think people missed the part not to post in the CS thread so Snow might have removed those. Just for new people to try and avoid doing that,

Was there a separate page for character sheets? The one linked appears to lead only to the actual RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back