• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Imperium (Futuristic Superpower rp) (O/A)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
35c5f647bffdcd17ed80f8af684ea373.png

JACOB HARDWHICK
╬════════════════════════════════════╬
Mood: Curious

╚══════════════╝
Early Morning
The morning light flooded into the window of tiny room, comprised of concrete panels, a few toolboxes, a desk with an older modeled computer, and a full sized cot, held up by two bars in the wall. The cot held the massive frame of a bearded man, dawning a slate tank top and dusty grey jeans covered in dirt and rips. Through the rips, skin meshed with cold metals, and his face dawned pieces of cyberware, a tattoo or two showing from just under the tank top. A silver necklace was looped around his neck, with a ring dangling on it. He shifted over uncomfortably, before opening his green eyes ever so slightly. Emerald orbs scanned the room. "Must've worked overtime" he thought, before collecting himself. He rubbed his eyes as he threw his legs over, sitting up now. It came back to him now, yeah. He had stayed late to work on a client's car that was due later at noon. It was one of the newer models so of course Jacob struggled to fix it up, but it was all but done. Older models, as rickety as they may have been, were better than the new stuff in terms of longevity. Similar to Jacob. He stood now and walked over to a mirror attached to the back room of the auto shop, designed for when he or his employees worked overtime. Stepping into the tiny space he leaned over the sink, groaned and looked into the mirror. "Another day, old man" he thought depressingly. He turned on the faucet and splashed cold water on his face, before brushing his teeth and washing any dirt he may have missed in the shower. Walking over to a duffle bag in the corner of the bathroom, he got changed into black cargo pants, and threw a dark red long sleeve over his tank top, and throwing on his holster, slinging them over his shoulders, and belting them closed.

He made his way out the back room, grabbing his long grey jacket and throwing it over himself, it covering his holsters, and reaching just above his knees. He threw a red scarf around his neck, and made his way to the gate of the auto shop. The auto shop had three lifts, and multiple shelves and rolling steel cabinets, alongside some heavy storage boxes like one would see at a jobsite. It wasn't much to look at, although the employees added some graffiti and artwork around the shop to give it some life. Jacob was always under the belief that word of mouth brought more clients than appearances. He hit a button on the side of the door opening the gates, to see two of his mechanics walking toward the shop.
"Mornin Boss" they each said. Estevan, and Karol were always his early birds. Karol was an immigrant from overseas who worked with some modern models exported from Neo-City. He was always eager to prove himself. Estevan simply had a passion for cars, but working in the Slums, not a lot of auto businesses would take him in, so Jacob offered him a place to work with some of the more custom cars, and modifications.

"Morning boys. Take your time setting up, you're really early. Karol I got most of the Mr. Wentworth's car is working, just needs the transmission fluid changed" he said to his trusted employees. They usually took charge of the other employees who were gonna show up in the next hour or so. Jacob had business to attend to though. "If I'm not back by afternoon, you know the drill. I'm headed out" he said. Met with acknowledgement, Jacob grabbed his gear from atop one of the storage boxes and headed out, with revolver and Vector in their respective holsters, but his rifle pack not in sight.

Noon
Jacob had made his rounds to the deli and a few of the locals. He was headed to his next list item when a comms call came in. "Boss its Jess. Flip on the scout footage" a familiar voice said from over the comms. Jacob moved his left arm from out in front of him, while continuing to walk, a slot in his arm opening up to reveal a small projector, which turned on to display a live feed. One of his scouts was transmitting footage from Junction Street, a part of Neo-City Middle that was close to the border of the Slums. "Tiburon and Skoprions? They never duke it out, outside the Slums. And to this scale..." Jacob thought to himself, suspicions rising. His scout got on the comms and explained the situation, as Jacob watched one of Imperium's heroes show up to the scene along with the mercs. Activating his Accelerated Vision, he started taking specific details in at a rapid pace, having his scout zoom in on key players, civilian supers, and action on the side, including a familiar Yakuza hostage being taken to safety. Two characters on a roof also surveying the fight also caught his attention, although the scout had no idea what Jacob was telling him to broadcast. He deactivated his Accelerated Vision, not wanting to feel the effects so early in the morning. "Keep me posted Arny. Let me know as things develop" Jacob said, hiding the display, his slot on his arm closing but his comms remaining on.

Suspicion grew in Jacob. Those key players wouldn't all be in the same place. Something was fishy. Had the gangs been set up by a third party to create this chaos? With the appearance of a hero from nearby, Jacob wouldn't put it passed Imperium to create such a publicity stunt. There had to be more to the picture. The woman on the roof definitely also caught his attention. He couldn't put his finger on it from the footage the scout was able to show, but she seemed familiar, however the scout was too far to get a close up image. Jacob feared the worst, feeling that this was going to cause more trouble for him and his group than he needed. His thoughts had to stop though, as he had reached his destination. An abandoned building, with loud music and a lot of yelling and laughing. Jacob examined the building and the flashing lights coming from within before making his way in...

Present
"Boss. Jess again. Check the news"
came over the comms. Jacob, breathing a bit unsteadily, but keeping his composure, once again pulled up the display from his arm mod, as he walked away from the massive rubble of what was formerly the abandoned building, now a pile of rocks, with hands, weapons, and blood prodding out from a few rocks here and there, while some junkies and dealers from a particular cartel, Família do Norte, lay dead or unconscious atop some of the rubble. The display from Jacobs arm showed several news feeds, all of which seemed to produce the same message. "Of course" he muttered to himself. "Thanks Jess. Send out a message. Everyone is to lay low today. Anything under a priority red operation is canceled for the day" he said before shutting comms off.

His suspicions were correct. It seemed that Imperium somehow scraped together the ideal situation for these gangs to create chaos, Imperium receive praise, and The Rebels to take the flak. This was part of Jacob's ordeal, his uphill battle. On top of having to somehow get the media out from under Imperium's thumb, he now had the gangs of the Slums to confront. The gangs all had their differences, and Jacob figured that it was their business so long as civilian casualties were low in the Slums. This situation however, would require him to meet with the various leaders. Someone took a payout in one of the gangs, or multiple gangs, that allowed for this to happen. He had to get to the bottom of which gangs, and where to nip the head of the snake.

His thoughts were cut off as now, gunfire, and loud yelling got his attention. Another apartment building. Was it more of the dealers and junkies that Jacob was after today? He had taken it upon himself to try to reduce the drug problem in the Slums, at the request of a few of the families living in the area. If these were more cartel dealers or junkies, it would be better to take care of the situation right away. Without a second thought, Jacob casually stepped over a headless corpse, and into the building. As he climbed the stairs, he found more corpses covering the stairwell, with the gunfire getting increasingly louder. He remained unarmed though, as he approached what seemed to be the source of the abundant noise.

Activating his Eagle Eye, he scanned a room he was approaching, ignoring some of the stray bullets that made their way toward his direction and scanned faces tattoos and weapons. These were definitely junkies, and some of them were affiliated. They seemed to be targeting a man made of metal. His aura was ominous, but he figured that the cartel was Jacob's bigger issue. Jacob placed his palm on the ground, and as the gunfire stopped, the druggies seemingly shook by the metal man's presence, the ground slowly developed white zigzagging cracks, that slowly crept around the metal man, away from an innocent woman and under the gunmen. Suddenly the white lines exploded, in what seemed like a controlled demolition, taking the floor out from under the gunmen and blowing some into the air before they fell to the floor below. The ground under the woman and the metal man were perfectly fine though. Jacob stood back up, still unarmed.

Footsteps scuttled in more of the floors above them as well as in the stairwell.
"Mind filling me in on what you're doing here partner? Seems we've got a mutual enemy but I can't help to wonder what you did to attract so much lead from these lowlifes." Jacob inquired to the man. He didn't want to fight a Supe but was confident he could at the very least avoid an attack from the man if he wasn't going to take kindly to Jacob's appearance. He took in the man's features all the while, although it was tough with current metal state. The footsteps drew closer, but Jacob figured they had just enough time for the man's answer before the two would have to deal with the gunmen inbound.

SidTheSkid SidTheSkid

Last edited:
Mr-William.png

[Location: Lower Neo-City, An apartment in the Slums.]
[Currently: ???]
[Mood: Probably pissed.]

-Before Jacob's Arrival-

"Oh, it seems you've all decided to cease your efforts. How disappointing. I was actually beginning to find this all rather amusing. Well, I suppose it's my turn now, isn't it?"

Faust's cavernous voice reverberated from the darkened corridor where he stood, 'casting' an ominous feeling throughout the air, the posh undertones became interwoven with a nefarious delight; comparable to a sinister melody, a dire tune that promised pain and suffering for those who had procured his wrath. The gangsters ahead of him were taken aback, their firearms still pointed nervously in his direction as they tried to make some sense of the metallic figure before them, undeterred by their efforts to end him. Faust lazily looked down at the flattened bullets that littered around and wedged inside his metal torso, his single eye still glinting with a malevolent light. With a twitch of his moustache, he raised his hand and placed it against the opening of his waist, his palm open and expectant of his next action. In a sudden burst of motion, he descended his other hand down his sturdy chest, swiping away the flattened bullets as if they were mere annoyances; these wads of lead clattered into his waiting palm, each 'ting' of the metal ringing throughout the hall.

Faust once more raised his hand, but this time rearing it back; his muscles rippling beneath his metallic skin before he pitched the back of his hand against his palm, following the momentum through outward, this unleashing a devastating eruption of lead. The bullets exploded outward like a shotgun blast, hurtling toward the gangsters with lethal force. The pellets tore through the space with a deafening roar, their path indiscriminate as they sought out their victims. Screams filled the air as the warped projectiles ripped through flesh and internals; leaving a trail of death and destruction in their wake. Most of the gangsters fell like rag dolls, their bodies crumpling to the ground and plummeting down the steps of the staircase whereas the ones unscathed or injured would scramble with a panic up to the second floor.

Faust begun to move forward with deadly efficiency and purpose. He was well aware that there were likely people hiding on the first floor, and he was determined to clear them out before he dealt with the cowards upstairs, so he did. In each room he had entered, Faust left a scene of carnage in his wake, mercilessly slaughtering all those he found without a hint of emotion or hesitance. It didn't matter if they were innocent or not, to him they were all guilty by association and deserved to die by his hands. Faust soon made his way up the staircase in his mission to extinguish any hint of life that he came across. From an outside perspective the flashes of gunfire from inside of the building illuminated the windows in a strobe-like effect, moreover, this being accompanied by the sound of screaming and occasional pauses of eerie silence.

-During Jacob's Entry-

At long last, Faust had reached the third and final floor, his frenzied rampage still showing no sign of abating. His view darted down the long, narrow hallway until they fixed on a pair of solid double doors at its end. He'd noticed a terrified woman had fled past them; she had seen him coming, and now she had desperately entered the room shutting the doors behind her, hoping that this new 'sanctuary' and the men inside would keep her safe, she was wrong. Fueled by madness, Faust strode forward until he met with these doors and with a steady hand, he reached out and grasped the handles, pulling both of them open with a resounding creak. Inside the furniture was overturned all around, forming makeshift barricades for the men who were stacked behind them with their weapons at the ready. They had been waiting for him, it seemed - and they wasted no time in opening fire. The woman from earlier was huddled somewhere in a corner, her gentle figure shaking with every deafening blast that sounded.

Bullets whizzed past Faust, some striking against him; their deadly intent still thwarted by his near-impenetrable body. And then, just as suddenly as it had begun, the shooting stopped. The men's guns clicked empty, their magazines spent. Faust stood before them, clearly fatigued from their incompetence.

"How terribly unfortunate that you all didn't simply use your guns to end your own lives. It would have been a far less painful outcome. By the way, I trust that my workers are currently being held captive in that other room over there? I couldn't help but overhear their muffled noises just now. Quite sad how thoughtlessly planned all of this, should've known better to dawdle in such matters you had no business being in."

The frantic shuffling of feet and the muffled cries of desperation intermingled from the neighboring room, there was also a rabid pounding on the door to the room, as if someone was repeatedly throwing their body against it. With the ransomers now back in his view, Faust's was now prepared to carry out their fatal punishment. Howbeit, once he took a step forward, he witnessed an outline of chalky fissures appearing on the ground, encircling the space where the gunmen were holed up. Faust recoiled backward as a sudden and violent detonation took place, with the ground beneath the gunmen giving way. Some of them tumbled through the air from the blast before descending down, swallowed by the gaping hole that was once the floor. Faust stood bewildered as he staring down at the wreckage below. The room was a mess, dust and debris filling the air that invaded his lungs making him cough momentarily until he was caught off guard by a rugged voice that came from behind him, he'd turn confront Jacob with a response.

"Excuse me, but I believe the question is more aptly directed towards you. My presence here is simply to attend to some rather unsavory business, namely those gentlemen who you just dispatched so unceremoniously through the floor. You see, they had the audacity to abduct some of my employees and were foolish enough not only demand a ransom but give out their location. Their interest was piqued by my reputation, but let's not dwell on such trifles for now... If it so happens that we share a common foe, then I see no reason for us to be at odds. We may discuss matters in greater detail once we have dealt with this worthless scum."

He'd inspect Jacob closer but as the approaching footsteps drew to a halt, a most peculiar sensation overtook the air around them, a curious amalgam of hot and cold, not unlike standing betwixt a furnace and a freezer. Suddenly, a frigid stream burst forth, carrying a humanoid figure along with it, showering poor Jacob with frost and ice, only slightly discomforting him. Faust, however, was not so fortunate, as he was struck full force by this icy deluge and was hurled down into the very pit created by Jacob, along with whoever or whatever was caught in that freezing ray. Meanwhile, Jacob found himself besieged by a most unwelcome assailant, a man wreathed in flames who burst through one of the walls inside the room before setting upon Jacob with a flurry of fiery blows. Each punch carried with it an explosive burst of heat, even their voice made the atmosphere swelter as they spoke in a mocking tone.

"Sorry we're late, didn't think that rich bastard would show up so soon! And would ya look at this, he brought a lackey with him! Saw wha'cha did to the floor too, been a while since I fought 'nother supe! I just hope you don't burn as easily as the rest!"

final.png

[ SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42 ]

Last edited:
e8dceaddf13609477986927a9c6574ab.png
Rachel Marewski
Rachel took another swig of the gin she had taken. She briefly turned her attention to the group of supes who saved her, noticing Ayako seemed to be in a state of urgency, while the Yakuza man she protected before was eager to indulge in the free drinks. The blue haired girl seemed to situate herself in a booth. The one with the cybernetic face also seemed to find an open booth to enjoy their drink. Her attention turned back to Lillian, who she overheard wasn't a fan of the drink Kevin had made. "If you enjoy the taste of liquor it's an early sign of alcoholism you know.." Rachel half-joked to the Omnitech CEO. She noticed in her peripheral that the Yakuza girl seemed to grow in her urgency to leave upon noticing the woman, Lillian, who had walked in with her grunt. Taking note of this Rachel moved closer to Lillian, leaning on the bar top so as to draw her attention. She wasn't sure where the Yakuza girl knew the woman before Rachel from, but with that urgency it was best to avoid unnecessary drama in the packed bar. With the characters present, it wasn't wise to get everyone riled up.

"Straight to biz. I guess I could rent it out. Could use the money for some repairs and projects. The question though is , when, and more importantly what for? I'd rather not attract too much attention from the wrong people, or have the bar's clientele turned off from continuing business here" Rachel explained to the Omnitech CEO, still oblivious to who she was talking to. She took another swig of her gin. It was then that the door opened to two more characters. A tall man with slicked hair and a woman with some noticeable prosthetics. "Hey there. We're open so help yourselves to wherever there's space" Rachel said.

Her attention turned back to Lillian. "So. What is it you exactly need my bar for Miss..." Rachel started to ask, pausing for Lillian to introduce herself. If Rachel was getting into some kind of business she needed to know what it was for. The last think she needed was the wrong people sniffing around. While a lot of her past was covered up due to her incognito work or the help of employers, it didn't take much to find dirt on anyone in Neo-City. Most importantly, Rachel wanted her bar untainted, especially after all the work she had put into it.

Interactions: Sepokku Sepokku Mentions: Loxely Loxely Crocodile Crocodile Nellancholy Nellancholy Loomis Loomis Meatball30 Meatball30

JACOB HARDWHICK
Mood: Cautious, Tense

╚══════════════╝

The man before Jacob, turned his attention to the Rebel leader and explained his reasoning for being in the apartment complex and attacking the men. The way he spoke was eloquent, so obviously he wasn't someone from the Slums, and although it didn't necessarily sing 'Acres' the man was definitely educated and gave off an element of wealth. Jacob couldn't argue with the man's reasoning for being here. He was here to clean up the people who stepped on his toes, those toes belonging to that of a businessman. If Jacob learned anything in Neo-City, it was that businesses were not something to be messed with, be it the Acres, The Middle, or The Slums, especially if the owners were Supers. "Seems we have a mutual enemy. These animals have been pumping some heavy drugs into the neighborhood. Looks like the both of us are just cleaning shop then. No reason to fi-" Jacob didn't conclude his sentence, feeling the air change. Suddenly the weathered man felt like he was standing in a blizzard with a blast furnace in front of him. He turned his attention to a burst from the wall, only to be met with a wave of frost. Although his durability protected him from any physical damage, ice formed and got caught in his beard, and although shielding himself with his left arm, the one that should be durable to the elements, he still felt the immense pain of the cold, although he was firm in his standing.

Turning his vision back slightly, Jacob saw that Faust had fallen to the floor below from the blast of cold. Not good. Jacob turned his attention back to the source of the ice, only to have to immediately take a step back, barely dodging a punch that produced enough heat that the ice immediately melted from Jacob's arm and beard. A barrage of punches started flying at Jacob, from a darker haired assailant, dawning a flaming wreath. Jacob deflected and redirected one punch with his left arm, only to then have to dodge a swing from the assailant's left arm. Despite dodging though, the heat was immense.
"And would ya look at this, he brought a lackey with him! Saw wha'cha did to the floor too, been a while since I fought 'nother supe! I just hope you don't burn as easily as the rest!" the assailant yelled, while continuing to bombard Jacob with punches. Jacob did his best to dodge and parry the punches, feeling burns and stings despite not being hit directly, but the man's use of the word lackey didn't sit right with the Rebel leader.

He allowed for one punch to land, a punch to his stomach, scorching a hole into Jacob's shirt, and starting to burn his skin, but Jacob groaned and endured, as he grabbed the assailant's wrist with his left hand, before reaching for the fiery assailant's face with his right. Despite just arriving, and being in charge of seemingly a bunch of peons, this Icy-Hot super wasn't dumb, and released intense cold to get Jacob to loosen his grip, allowing for him to jump back and not be touched by Jacob's right, however Jacob's goal wasn't the Supers face, but rather the ground, as he continued his motion and slammed his palm into the ground.

Once again white fissures raced through the floor, and exploded taking the ground under the Super, sending him to the same floor as Faust. 'Two powers can only mean Tier 5. However he's undocumented but it seems fire and ice are his gimmicks. He should be easy in a two on one, instead of taking him alone' Jacob thought to himself looking down into the pit. He jumped down to the floor below, at the Super, right fist having a seemingly white glow around it. The Icy-Hot Super dodged, causing Jacob to hit the ground, the force of which caused a small explosion where he punched. Moving to the closest corner Jacob, reached into his jacket while he ran to said corner, and pulled out a handle and trigger. The handle and trigger suddenly unfolded into what was a Vector submachine gun, produced by the very man Jacob was with.

Jacob was about to fire at the Super while running to cover when a few of his lackeys seemed to emerge from the hole and doorways on the floor above and begin firing at Jacob and presumably Faust. Ducking behind a corner to regroup and assess the best plan of attack, Jacob also scanned for Faust, to see where his temporary ally was so he could also gauge off the man how they would approach the Super and his allies, all the while peeking out and taking shots at some of the lackeys on the floor above to thin their numbers.

Interactions: SidTheSkid SidTheSkid

Repemptias dance stops at the man's words, her grin seeming to spread slightly at the little slip-up letting out another innocent laugh to stare at him. There was a small amount of confusion at the man suddenly dropping the knife in favour of the electrical baton before he even got a chance to use it, more so when he even managed to grab it from given the horizontal field they were currently engaging on.

"I mean my comment about your little weapon was kinda hinting at surrendering not swapping out for something else, but hey the whole resisting arrest does help justify so much"

As the words left her lips she took a small step that propelled her like a bullet, shattering the glass as she repelled off it and spin into a wide kick, though at the same time, the offending limb in question seemed to suck in nearby shards and objects towards it with a strong gravitational pull.

If she could just wrap this guy up quickly she might be able to salvage the evening at least, the publicity from the gang fight gave her handlers plenty to work with and the PR team a field day for material. Truth be told she honestly cared very little for this guy, it was more of an additional task annoyance to extend the wrap-up. it's why she tried to avoid this stuff when outside the tower, whenever people see the hero they always end up asking for some annoying meaningless side-quest your not allowed to refuse.

Gears Gears

tumblr_pavsei2ti61qg53joo1_1280.jpgThe bar was noisy, to say the least, Lilian's sensory deprivation devices were working overtime. Her subdermal weave doubled as an insulator to the various electromagnetics that the bar and its clientele had on, in, or around them. The auditory implants that augmented her ability to hear were turned off, as she opted to instead simply read people's lips. It helped slightly, despite the fact that her tinnitus produced a constant ringing in her ears.

"If you enjoy the taste of liquor it's an early sign of alcoholism you know.."

Lilian wanted to tell Rachel that her modified physiology didn't taste in quite the same way that hers did, but the sensory overload proved to be too much. Trying to further cut down on excess noise, she blacklisted everyone in the bar who wasn't immediately important, causing the software that made up most of her HUD to ignore them. That helped marginally. 'Sweet relief.' Lilian closed her eyes, inhaling deeply before opening them and examining the bar once more, now that it was free from extraneous data and she was no longer drowning in a sea of people, it was much easier to focus on why she had come.

Ayako had Kenzo, they were wading through the unseen sea of people and headed toward an exit near the back of the bar. She considered scanning Rachel's hand and using its topography to trick the electronic locks into keeping the door shut, but she had been asked to behave by the very person she was currently trying to convince. It was bad manners to hijack someone else's security system in order to corner their patrons, no? Instead, she calculated which door the duo was headed to and uploaded its location to the Ech0 drone that was lurking nearby. On not quite the opposite side of the bar, sat the white lotus girl, seemingly in a daze.

"So. What is it you exactly need my bar for Miss..."

Lilian used her index finger and thumb to grab the leg of her glasses and readjusted them, a sheen playing across the lenses, "Anderbilt. My company's energy farms provide power to half of Neo-City". Did this woman really not know who she was, or simply not recognize her? "For a bar on the edge of the slums, you run a neat racket here. Fiercely loyal clientele, a cheap and safe supply line; it's more or less a rarity in these parts of the city." The palm of her other hand turned up in a shrug, "I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give you an exact time or date, as that is all still up in the air. I have some... associates, let's say, that live in the lower parts of the city. I was hoping we could meet here, as it is a halfway point between us."

Gesturing about she continued, "The whole bar wouldn't be necessary, just a few rooms or so. Of course, you would be compensated for your discretion, and as we intend to discuss certain things of a clandestine nature, the rooms would need to be checked and secured against prying eyes. I can have that arranged, it's no issue." As if just remembering something she snapped her thumb and middle finger together. "Oh, and I'll need, like, a broom closet, or something similarly sized to store some crap in."

"As for not wanting to attract negative attention, I can perfectly understand that."
Crossing her legs, she folded her hands in her lap and nodded to Rachel, "The rest of your clients won't even know we're here. If there is one thing Omnitech is known for, it's their discretion."

Last edited:
Mr-William.png

[Currently: Assisting Jacob in fighting the Fire/Ice Supe]
[Mood: Cooperative ]

Earlier, before William was launched through the large, gaping hole in the floor by the large stream of blistering frost, he would've discerned Jacob's striking appearance as they spoke; His clothes were a hodgepodge of oil-stained leather fabrics, the light brown beard that adorned his face was thick and rough, and that mohawk fade that ran down the back of his head was without a doubt a bold fashion statement. But it was the plentiful amount of cyberware on Jacob's broadened physique that truly caught William's undivided attention, from the plated intricate circuitry that weaved across his skin to the advanced cybernetic enhancement that consisted on the man's face. Through this it became evident that Jacob was not your ordinary commoner from the slums, and the augmented cyberware suggested that he may've had experienced in the world of biologicaly technology and combat, but the latter idea was already proven through criminals he had just recently dispatched.

Faust had listened to him, and was informed that Jacob was after the criminals who were dealing narcotics throughout the neighborhood, and was doing everything in his power to make things better for the people who lived there. Personally Faust had no interest in the welfare of the slums or their inhabitants, however, he was still able to appreciate someone who was fighting for what they believed in, that kind of conviction is symbolic of a significant and valuable man. When Faust finally hit the bottom, the impact was jarring. His back struck against the concrete surface of the boiler room with a resounding crack, the force of the blow reverberating through his entire body like a tremor. Despite his metal skin protecting him from any physical harm, the sheer force of the impact left him winded and disoriented. A thin layer of ice that had coated his body shattered upon impact, sending freezing crystalline shards scattering in all directions.

The coldness that had been slowly seeping into his body since the earlier blast of frost was beginning to be a frigid embrace, making him feel as if he were encased in a block of ice. As he was regaining his composure and becoming able to recapture the air into his lungs, he became aware of a presence above him. Looking up with an irritated mien, Faust saw the assailant who had sent him hurtling down through the building. The man let out a confident grunt as he gazed down at an injured Faust, a haughty smirk playing on his lips. Suddenly, the same man dissipated into a stream of fire, shooting up through a couple of vents nearby and disappearing back up to the third floor where Jacob was waiting. The flames danced and flickered, casting an eerie glow onto the room and leaving Faust alone to 'lick' his wounds as he stood back up, albeit a bit wobbily at first.

Boiler.png

[The Boiler Room of the Apartment]

As Faust took in his surroundings, he was greeted by a grisly sight. The crumpled forms of the gangsters from earlier lay scattered about, their bodies twisted and broken in unnatural ways, most of which covered in rubble. Some were clearly dead, their eyes staring blankly ahead, while others were barely clinging on, their ragged breaths the only indication of life. But Faust had little time to dwell on the carnage around him. Another explosion rocked the apartment, he could feel the remnants of the shockwave ripple through the ceiling above him, scattering dust and dirt into the air. Soon enough a body came tumbling down through yet another hole in the ceiling. It was the same assailant from earlier who was now engulfed in flames, the heat making Faust shutter off the earlier feeling of coldness. But the chaos was far from over. In a colorful blur of motion, Jacob appeared, hurtling down through the same hole in the ceiling. He had predetermined vicious strike at the assailant, but the man was quick, rolling out of the way at the last moment.

"Haha! Wow! That really was a close one; nearly could've killed me there! Too bad I aint lettin' ya take me down that easily."

The fire-wreathed psychopath was positively gleeful, his twisted toothy grin was a visible expression of this. There was something deeply unsettling about the man's enjoyment, it was as if he were deeply under the influence of some kind of substance. Faust wouldn't care to dwell on whatever delirious state they were in, he was going to pay them back tenfold for that little surprise attack he'd been dealt. With a frustrated and pissed off grunt, Faust slammed his palms into the concrete floor, absorbing the material into his skin. The concrete layer that now covering his body was both shield and a weapon, allowing him to charge headlong into his foe with his rocky body with the force of a speeding truck. The forceful collision was devastating and the ablazed man's body meeting a humanoid mound of concrete made him get pitched backwards, their fiery outline colliding with a collection of pipes and fittings that started spewing out hot steam with a shrill 'hiss'.

Faust could feel bullets ricocheting off his concrete skin, their impact chipping away small pieces of his outer layer but he barely registered any feeling of this. Meanwhile, Jacob's Vector submachine gun spat a deadly stream of bullets at the hostiles above, taking out a good lot of them, leading to them either getting knocked back by the barrage of bullets or sent plummeting through the floor after being hit and striking the boiler room floor with a hefty thud. Jacob would've also saw Faust's stony hands attempting to close in on the assailant's head, intent on crushing it like a melon, but before he could do so, he was blown back by a sudden burst of energy. The force of this sent Faust hurtling backwards, his rocky feet scraping against the floor and leaving deep gouges in the flooring as he skidded to a halt beside Jacob.

"Really?! Going through all this just because you wouldn't pay a ransom? Stubborn bastards! You know what though, that's alright, killing both of you is more than fine by me!"

The psychopath let out a deafening roar, his body now partially covered in a snowy, arctic chill and the other in a torrent of hot flames. The sight was an otherworldy display of elemental prowess that created an intense heat radiating from the flames, while also providing the icy chill of a snowstorm at the same time. The rapid expanding and contracting created by the extreme fluctuating temperatures resonating from this man was making various items, equipment, and HVAC/Plumbing systems in the room become brittle and crack, high-pressure jets of water sprayed out across the floors of the boiler room as water valves shattered, leaving puddles indiscriminately; the defeaning noises of rushing water, hissing steam, and splashing waves filled their ears. Faust remained steadfast as the enemy came walking towards them. he'd looked over at Jacob and gave him a confident nod, letting him know that they were in this together.

"Let's not waste any more of our precious time on this wretched fool, shall we? I, for one, am getting rather parched and would very much prefer to conclude this matter quickly."

Eddie Gears
Eddie had listened to the so called “hero”, trying to stall until he had enough energy to teleport as far as he could, but the laugh had thrown that idea out of the window. Repemptia’s utter disregard had shocked him, sure he didn’t see humanity like he used too, but laughing about the inhumane treatment he and dozens of other enhanced children went through made him seethe in anger. She might not know how bad it was but how dare she laugh about the horrible things her bosses did to fund her stupid show, that was enough to piss him off.
Usually he wouldn’t go to Nova team protocol, but he remembered Dread, the teams taxtician with the ability of enhanced intelligence’s file on a weaker “hero” who had gravity manipulation, Gravitron or something else equally shitty.

The ability to control any natural phenomena was effective, but there might be ways to negate her, unfortunately Dread had died before he could write up a file on her, so Eddie had done so, but less in depth and useful, like most of his files. When he was in containment, the warmer scientists had given him lessons of sorts; making sure their potential super soldiers wouldn’t be brain dead. Eddie thought for a second, engineering and technology were his strong suits but he could adapt.

Eddie had barely heard Repemptia’s remark before barely dodging the attack. Eddie took this moment to use his baton to strike his opponent, breaking her concentration long enough for her to drop him.

Eddie fell like a stone, instantly regretting his attack; but still, death was better than the labs. Eddie cursed himself for not thinking to bring a parachute or grabbing one from the helicopter in case, he was in an area full of tall buildings. Eddie felt a surge of energy, spurred by his adrenaline.

if his instincts were correct he had enough energy to teleport a few feet at most. He knew that he couldn’t get far enough to avoid the patrolling Imperium officers, but with a well placed distraction he could teleport below the street, into the sewers. He hated the smell and with his damaged mask, he would have to deal with that during his long walk to his base. And he couldn’t just wait out his teleporting cooldown. The wet and humid area would stop that.

Eddie felt a grenade he had and threw it at the ground he was rapidly approaching, trying to time it so that the detonation would conceal his escape, maybe even fake his death in the process. Eddie heard the boom just as he teleported into the sewers, the stench instantly overpowering his sense of smell. He was a few miles away, so he would get used to it.
PlusUltra PlusUltra

vera.transmission.pngᴅʀ. ᴠᴇʀᴀ ꜱᴏᴋᴏʟᴏᴠ
Location // Czarna Dama
▂▂▂____________. . . _____________▂▂▂
Observing the man perform his tasks with a furrowed brow of curiosity. Seeing as he was rather familiar and comfortable with his line of work. In fact, it appeared he relished in it. His crass remarks were met with a lowered gaze, she began to ponder if competence. However, she trusted his work would make up for the lack of professionalism.

Tucking her pistol back within it's rightful place, the leather holder that clung against her torso and clipping it securely. Vera reached into a deep internal pocket to remove a pair of black leather gloves, slipping them on generously.
"I'm very keen on getting to know this employer of yours." She added to his previous statement, although his comment of drinking was quickly brushed off. Vera did not particularly drink, unless it was a glass of a dry red.

Approaching the bar, she paused at his delayed introduction though pleased he was comfortable enough to share the details of his name, "Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Rake." Extending a gloved hand towards him for a proper greeting, "Dr. Sokolov of Imperium." After the brief interaction, he called into the bar.

Vera began glancing around the venue, taking in the demographics of all the patrons. The variety of the bunch was surprising, though she recognized a few from the firefight outside. A voice calling back from behind the bar, addressing Rake's inquiry that they were indeed open. She followed suit behind him and approached the bar, "A glass of merlot." She requested rather dryly to the bartender, a hand placed on the bar as she turned to face her company, "To get to the point, what interest does your employer have with trivial gang fights down here in the slums?"

▂▂▂____________. . . _____________▂▂▂
interactions | Crocodile Crocodile SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42

As the baton came around Repemptia watched it moving in slow motion, idly debating how to spin the impact to make it realistic. Sure she could just avoid it, or drive her leg forward and shatter it but without authorization that would just cause a host of issues, especially given her current target was wanted alive. Alive was annoying in general, given a witness wouldn't let her break the rules and her little secret would get out, ugh she really hated this acting sometimes.

So naturally as the Baton came into contact she decided to release her hold and then threw in a quick spasm for good measure as the mild tingle crossed her skin, watching the man fall. She could jump down and catch him sure, but this wasn't far enough to kill him, break a lot of bones sure, but he would survive. Either way, she jumped to put in the appearance of at least attempting to catch them, only to catch the flicker of the man before an explosion blasted dust up into her face.

"Oh common! Can't they just take the hint for once?!....ugh" putting a finger to her ear "Yeah, He teleported, but lost track of him, Given how hot the streets are Idiot likely went into the sewers, Well you didn't given Authorisation for ....." she paused for several moments before shaking her head "Nope. Na-Uh, Negative, Contract clearly states No Sewers, Waste Processing, Landfills and all those derivatives...Page 326, Well unlike those other morons on the team i do read contacts and got it put in there...Because Im not wallowing around in the filth!... Well take it up with them, Yes even in extenuating circumstances, you want this guy to send some drones through the sewers, heck run the sanitation protocol early if you want I don't care or get those useless mercs from before."

Sighing and putting the call down she removed the earpiece and began to move back to the destroyed diner from before to recover her civilian outfit, doing her best to avoid sight and slip out. She would catch up on the news later, for now? She needed to find a new place to drink given her regular one was now demolished with a supply capsule-shaped hole in the roof. Gears Gears

Rachel Marewski

Rachel was a bit surprised when Lillian said her last name. 'Oh shit. That's embarrassing', Rachel thought to herself, now realizing who it was she was speaking to. Rachel was usually better with faces, given she had to serve hundreds of different ones a day, but she had only seen glimpses of Lillian and otherwise knew her mostly by name alone, and Rachel knew that she was the CEO of Omnitech. Which also meant...Rachel would have to apologize for the drone that exploded earlier. For the time being Rachel listened to Lillian speak about what it was exactly that the CEO needed with her bar, flattered by the compliment of running a successful operation in what was arguably a rougher section of Middle, given its placement by the border of the Slums.

While Rachel wasn't thrilled by the term associates, given that it was vague on who exactly would be making appearances in her bar, she couldn't imagine it would be anything the locals and Rachel couldn't handle. The security measures didn't surprise Rachel. There were a lot of clients who used 'Czarna Dama' to discuss less than legal business between contracts, bounties, laundering, fraud, or hits. Rachel's only policy was that the bar never experiences violence inside it's walls. As Lillian was concluding her needs, Rachel began thinking of space. There was the upstairs office. It actually would be perfect. It was behind the bar on the second floor.

"The second floor has a back office. I kind of turned it into storage, but it should have enough space to convert into whatever you need it to be for your meetings. It has a pretty spacious broom closet. As for security sweeps I have no issue so long as me or one of my bartenders is present for the sweep" Rachel explained, offering up the space upstairs. It would work perfectly as even whether or not the dance floor was empty or full it would be more discreet than the main floor. As for the security the bar owner understood the need for discretion, but also didn't want anything planted without her knowledge. Rachel put her thumb to her lips, and softly bit at her skin, before readjusting herself against the bar. "If you need even more space, I can always close the second floor during your meetings if it's at an hour where it's dead" Rachel suggested. The second floor was usually vacant until nightfall when all the younger bar hoppers wanted to dance.

Rachel took a swig, before snapping for Kevin who was pouring merlot for one of the newcomers.
"There you go ma'am" Kevin said to the woman dawning cyberware, before bringing Rachel a glass, seemingly knowing the drill. He poured some ice in the glass and slid it to Rachel, before going back to serving the other patrons. Rachel proceeded to pour some of the gin into the glass, before reaching with her free hand over the bar and grabbing one of the soda guns, and pouring a fruity chaser into the glass. Putting the gun back, Rachel slid the glass, now filled with a beautiful red color, over to Lillian. "If you're paying, and the space works, I'm on board. We can even take a brief tour of the upstairs if need be" Rachel said, before raising the gin bottle to toast Lillian. "To biz?" Rachel offered.

While the two discussed, Krystal decided to check on the supers who brought Rachel in to see if they needed another round.

Interactions: Sepokku Sepokku Mentions: Loxely Loxely

8da51c7a12ea52b50a197b55ed2abcd4.jpg
Once they were safely outside the bar Ayako let out a long sigh. Kenzo had loudly protested the entire way out of the establishment, she was grateful that no one had followed them.

“Look, you can get all the drinks you want once you are back home, right now we are still actively avoiding potential situations. I need you to rein it in. Now.” Ayako placed her hands roughly on his shoulders as she made eye contact with the older man. For someone that was literally running for their life a few moments ago he really didn’t seem to fully grasp the situation at hand.

“Alright, alright, let’s get going then!” Kenzo laughed and proceeded to walk away, in the wrong direction. Ayako silently threw her hands in the air before pulling him in the opposite direction.

Thankfully the rest of their journey went without any hiccups. The Yakuza safe house was only a few blocks from the bar so they didn’t have to venture far. Once outside the building Ayako punched in the code on the outside door before quickly pushing Kenzo inside.

“You almost didn’t make your cut off,” A slender man cackled from the corner of the entryway. Ayako decided to ignore his snide comment and continued to escort Kenzo further into the building. The only commentary she cared to listen to was her boss and she was not looking forward to the potential lashing she would receive when they spoke later.

“This is where I leave you,” Ayako said as she stood outside a door leading to one of the many offices inside. The Yakuza had a small group ready to finish the transport, heavily armed and prepared for an ambush, unlike before.

“Thanks girl, I know I was…difficult but I do appreciate everything you did for me. I will make sure they are aware of what happened.” Ayako was not expecting his response but she nodded her head in a silent thanks before making her exit.

The thought of returning home and relaxing after a stressful afternoon did appeal to her, but she knew that Lillan was potentially still at the bar and she wanted to see if there was anything of interest there. And with that she was headed back to the bar despite her body screaming at her to return home.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――​

Ayako reentered the bar and was glad to see that mostly everyone was still inside. Slinking past Lillian and her small group she took a seat at the other end of the bar, listening in to their conversation as she waited for the bartender to approach her.

68671294-5C20-462C-A90C-CE506B64D966.jpeg
Eddie Gears aka “Wraith”
Eddie sprinted through the sewer system, bullets flying past his head. He had thought that no one had seen his escape but evidently they had known he was there. No drones equipped with machine guns pursued him. He had knocked down a few before they spotted him but these had a ridicules amount of armor. He had been trying to lose them since, unable to teleport out of there. He ran, trying to avoid getting shot in the process when he reached a dead end.

Shit Eddie turned to the drones, their cameras didn’t work down here so they had to be autonomous, perhaps if he tricked them he could escape. Suddenly a flash of light enveloped the room and the drones fell to the ground. Eddie cautiously approached the drones before looking at what could have caused the sudden destruction, something about remit was familiar when suddenly he heard the click of a gun and felt a barrel against the back of his head

“Trying to fake your death again?" A coy voice said behind him. Eddie instantly knew who it was
"Val? What did Arc send you to do this time?" Eddie spun around and grabbed at the gun, only to get a stave to the face. The “Deadend faded away as Valentine Arturo’s lost focus on the illusion she had put in his head.

"You should know not to try that shit Gears" Val said before lowering her gun. "He actually sent me after you." She said before holstering her gun
"Doesn't seem like your here to kill me and you know I am not working for you guys again." Eddie said
"If you want to live hear him out." Val said before pulling a tablet from her satchel, a figure appeared on screen, his body concealed in darkness, again with his dramatic effect bullshit.

"For the last time, I am done working with the knights, nothing you can say will change my mind.”
The man was quiet for a moment before his distorted voice replied “There is something at work in Imperiums bio labs, and if you want to get out of this sewer alive, you will do as I say.”
Eddie groaned and said “What’s the assignment.”

Archangel laughed and said “You might need to escape first. The sanitation protocol has been triggered and around thirty thousand gallons of filth is on its way. Meet us at your bunker if you survive.”

Val tucked the tablet into her satchel and turned to Eddie and said
“Good luck. We need you despite what Arc says.” She then disappeared in a flash of light, most likely the teleporting device he had helped her steal in Brazil. Suddenly he heard the roaring of water and ran

• Echo0 watched as Ayako left the bar followed by Kenzo, the duo snaking their way to a secondary location with trained intent. Without input from Lilian, its organic processes took over. Naturally, there were certain limiters in place, regulated by an AI to ensure the unit didn't get into too much trouble. With a smile, the "drone" tailed the duo from the rooftops. They didn't go far. After a few moments, Ayako left the building, alone. The two had separated. After watching Ayako for a bit, Ech0 came to the realization she was headed back to the bar. So it returned to the building that Kenzo had disappeared into. Unfortunately, there was only so much the unit could do without input from an approved Operator.

It sent a request back to headquarters, asking for squads to be deployed and police assistance in raiding the building. Several minutes passed, then it got a notice that its request had been approved. Omnitech Industrial Solutions had sent out three more drones and was currently drafting up a proposal for NCPD to hit the building. If they tried to move Kenzo before then, well so be it, Ech0 would be ready.

Last edited:

JACOB HARDWHICK
Mood: Cautious, Tense

╚══════════════╝

Bodies were dropping from the floors above, some with a thud and some with a splat. Jacob moved back behind cover and reloaded his Vector. Having thinned some of the gunmen above meant that both he and Faust could focus more on the super at hand, given the two were bulletproof to a degree it seemed. With that thought, Jacob watched as Faust's composition became concrete. "So it's some form of physiological and material manipulation' Jacob noted. If the two were to ever clash it could be problematic, as certain materials took longer to 'burst' than others. Thankfully it seemed what they said to each other earlier had stuck and they indeed had a common enemy now. That in mind, as Faust charged, Jacob moved from cover and started shooting at the IcyHot Super, splitting their attackers attention just enough for Faust to land a gnarly tackle, that sent their enemy into an array of pipes that burst with steam on impact.

With their enemy on the somewhat literal ropes, Jacob pushed, firing from the submachine gun all the while at their assailant. Some of the bullets stuck, while others seemed to quite literally melt upon contact to the super's skin. Feeling a few bullets ricochet off his durable skin, Jacob changed his aim with tactical timing and precision, and fired at some more goons above, causing them to drop. A few more bodies dropped below into the boiler room, and Jacob turned his attention back to Faust and Mr. Fire and Ice, seeing Faust reach for the supers face, with intent to crush. It was then a burst of energy pushed Faust back, as well as Jacob. Their feet skid across the floor as they fought to remain grounded despite the intense pushback of energy.

"Really?! Going through all this just because you wouldn't pay a ransom? Stubborn bastards! You know what though, that's alright, killing both of you is more than fine by me!"

What Jacob saw was a bit unnerving. Their opponent had engulfed himself perfectly in half fire, and half frost. Jacob was thinking during the fight what the weaknesses of this super may be, and that he could not use both simultaneously. It seemed Jacob had miscalculated, or their opponent seemed to be pushing their own limit. Perhaps the help of some drug, steroid or implant? His behavior was erratic, so it would make sense if something was causing this behavior, and that the same thing would be buffing his powers. The attacker's suddenly burst of power, was causing the plumbing and HVAC to burst or malfunction, causing steam and water, but most importantly noise to flood the boiler room. This worked to their advantage.

Jacob took a few steps back, listening to Faust's remark, before he himself meeting the man's eyes and nodding back. A better look at his face now, up close, Jacob recognized the man as the same one who owned the very brand Jacob had been using to mow down the goons from above, who seemed to disperse from the heat and cold their boss was producing. Jacob would have to have a word with Faust when this was done and a drink didn't sound like a bad way to discuss business. That would have to wait though, Jacob thought turning his attention back to the Super.

The steam produced enough noise that Jacob could regulate his voice and talk to Faust at a volume that only the two of them would hear, without letting their opponent be aware of their words. "He's got to have some flaw we are missing. His awareness is a bit lacking though so if we attack from two opposing angles we should be able to get some hits in while we figure him out. I doubt he can push us back with too many bursts of energy either without tiring himself out" Jacob assessed. If they could basically flank, they'd have an advantage with their powers. Only one of them had to make contact with the super to end the fight and finish the assailant with brute crushing force, and a burst of explosive force. Easier said than done though, Jacob thought, the stinging of the burn on his stomach finally kicking in.

Jacob gave Faust one more nod, before breaking out into a sprint first, veering to the right, while firing from his Vector. The steam made for good cover, as Jacob weaved in and out between pipes. The super seemed to train on Jacob for now, moving forward a bit and trying to launch a steady stream of fire at Jacob, who weaved, ducked or rolled to not get burned. Jacob's Vector folded during one his rolls, and he holstered it, before drawing his magnum, all in one continuous motion as he continued to close the gap on the super, who had his frost powers focused on Faust.

Jacob got close enough where he fired a round from his Taurus Raging Bull at the super, his aim unfortunately at the assailant's shoulder. The revolver was loaded with a special type of heavy round, capable of putting a hole through concrete. The super dodged but not before Jacob closed the gap and tried to land a punch with 'Burst' active, his right fist once more coated with a white aura.

"As if I'll let that land!" the super yelled, seeming to know the force of Jacob's attack could be lethal. In that moment, Jacob also activated his Accelerated Vision, while closing the gap. Information flooded him as he observed their multi-powered opponent. To Jacob it was as if time slowed while retaining information at a normal rate. The flames of the attacker seemed more intense and detailed and the cold air emitting from him also had greater detail to Jacob now, as if switching from 720p to 4k.

The super had been using fire toward Jacob, who was on the assailant's left, and frost toward Faust, from his right. This was clear. The super seemed to shift his body more toward Jacob now as Jacob's fist got closer. The flames and frost seemed to diminish, slightly, naked to the slower eye. It was at this moment that another burst of energy blew Jacob back, although Jacob didn't deactivate his eyes while literally being sent back, airborne. Despite the intensity of the pushback, he strained to keep his eyes on the super. The flames and frost, although present, remained a bit less intense, and the frostier side seemed to be more stagnant, while the fire seemed to get stronger at a faster rate.

Jacob blinked, deactivating his eyes. His vision became normal again, as he slammed into a concrete wall with enough force to leave a small indent for his body to lay in. Even with his durability he coughed, the air getting knocked out of him. Faust would temporarily be on his own right now if the blast didn't move him, as Jacob regained his composure. He pushed himself off the indent, and back onto his feet, shaking his head to get back into it. He fired another two rounds at Icy-Hot, to try to land a hit or distract him, all while processing what he just observed.

It seemed the burst of energy their enemy released, was an amalgamation of the frost and ice merging, which lessened his overall use of both, even if slightly. It also gave Jacob a gauge of how much energy was being expended per burst of energy, which was a lot. 'This guy doesn't have a lot of those left in his system' Jacob thought. One of the most important things Jacob picked up on, was that the attacker's frost seemed to return slower than his flames. This meant the frost was his secondary, which also gave Jacob an idea, as he fired again toward the assailant and charged in ready to punch again.

As Jacob continued to apply a pressure of attacks toward the duos opponent, one thought was on his mind.

This would end quickly if he could find an opening to give Faust his necklace.

SidTheSkid SidTheSkid
(Sorry for the Bible page)

Mr-William.png

[Currently: Ready to end this. ]
[Mood: Fed-up. ]

During their exchanged words, Faust's focus was briefly drawn to Jacob's familliar weapon. It was the "FDI Vector Special," a high-tech submachine gun, specially designed for private military/security contractors; the retractable/foldable modification on the firearm allowed for operators maintain a degree of inconspicuousness when in the field or protecting a valueable asset, capable of concealing a large-capacity weapon with a modest rate of fire against the lining of a suit jacket. Its lustrous design was visually sophisticated but the weapon's functionality was practical and easy to use, this product was validation of the ingenuity of the arms dealer's astute engineers. Faust felt a sense of pride and accomplishment knowing that one of his own creations was being utilized by Jacob; perhaps he might make for a potential long-term buyer, given that he was provided with a discount and all. But this would have to wait for now, they had a more pressing concern.

Jacob's strategic thinking was, in all respects, impressive to someone like Faust, this tactical thinking was not what he had expected from him but it was certainly a pleasant surprise. The plan was solid: attacking their fire/Ice wielding foe from two different directions could create plausible openings that they could exploit. Alternatively, it was also possible for them to draw out the assailant's elemental outbursts to fatigue him out before launching a coordinated attack in retaliation. Faust nodded in agreement as Jacob laid out the scheme, his mind already working on how to best execute it. Upon both of them breaking off in opposite directions, Faust darted towards the opponent's side, his agility was fairly remarkable for someone who was composed of concrete, his rocky feet could be heard clattering against the concrete floor.

Their adversary seemed to get a sense of Faust's approach, and quickly pivoted to face him, letting out a blast of frost that filled the air with an eerie mist. Faust would've promptly maneuvered his body to the side, narrowly avoiding the icy attack as he continued to close in on the enemy. As Faust drew closer, the elemental supe unleashed a barrage of frosty blasts at flooring beneath Faust causing it to freeze over, the icy coldness crept up his legs and stopped at his knees, encasing everything below in a thick glacial prison; the frostbite-like sensation made him frimly grit his teeth, however, his focus was not lost as he noticed Jacob closing in for an attack, his fist coated in a ghostly white aura prepared to strike. But the assailant heeded Jacob's visage and shifted his attention back to him, a blazing conflagration spewing outward in his direction.

Another powerful elemental detonation had vented from the center of the supe when the distance between him and Jacob shortened; the foundation of the build quaked in awe at the energetic blast and Jacob was thrown backwards haphazardly, his body slamming and partially embedding into one of the boiler room's concrete walls with an excruciating 'crack'. Meanwhile, the solid block of ice that Faust's lower legs were trapped in had been broken apart, it seemed as if the blast from the enemy unintentionally shattered the ice allowing for Faust to break free and take the fight back to the enemy. It didn't take long for Faust and Mr.IcyFlames to re-engage in a fierce battle, exchanging devastating blows to each other that delivered shockwaves throughout the room. Faust soon stepped back and then charged forward, his stony fists gleaming with a supernatural energy as he brought both of his hands together, lifted his arms up above his head, and landed a downward overhead blow to the assailant's shoulders.

The great impact sent the supe crashing into the ground with a thunderous bang. Faust wasted little time saddling up over him and unleashing destructive flurry of combos, his bulky knuckles repeatedly slamming against the man's face, splintering the floor and leaving a sizable indentation in the ground behind their head. The space trembled with each blow and chunks of concrete debris flew around indiscriminately, further adding to the state of disrepair this room was in. Faust's paused as his clenched fist trembled with raw fury, his eyes blazed with an intensity that could set a forest alight, he was intent on making this man have a closed-casket funeral. Yet, before he could a righteous crushing blow, his adversary unleashed a deadly combination of fire and ice, a lethal cocktail that coursed through Faust's body and rattled his nervous system with agonizing pain. Faust was sent hurtling upwards towards the ceiling, his body contorted a bit as it crashed into the uneven surface before plummeting back to the ground with a resounding thud.

Fortunately for Faust, Jacob was able to recover from earlier and send out a few shots that struck the Supe's back, bringing their attention away from Faust's battered form; The icy-hot menace powers were now flickering and faltering as if struggling to contain the raw power surging through his veins. The ice on one side of his body crackled and shattered, while the flames on the other flickered and dimmed, a clear sign of his mental deterioration. Yet, even as his powers wavered, the Supe's unyielding determination burned brighter than ever. With a feral snarl, he charged at Jacob, meeting his blow with his own. Faust rose unsteadily to his feet, summoning every last shred of strength he had before hurling himself into the fray; Faust and Jacob's attacks were now beginning to overwhelm their adversary, leading him to be more on the receiving end of these hits, it now became clear...

This fight was coming to an end.

dfvymb2-ba4049ce-1061-449b-a087-631d71ccc36423.png

It really was surprising how easy it was to fall under the radar sometimes, despite having her face plastered over countless videos, advertisements and media appearances it turned out all she needed was to not wear a skintight costume and some comfy clothes instead. Sure she threw on the hat, glasses and slight posture change for good measure but all in all once Repemtia became Jupiter she was fine to go about her business as she pleased. There had been a short time that she also included a binder as well, but the whole enhanced durability and strength deal meant that discomfort aside she would need something military grade to keep her figure down, and baggy clothes were far less conspicuous anyway.

Walking casually through the streets she let her eyes wander to the various buildings looking for one that jumped her interest, the lower districts were somewhat more varied than the higher ones, so exploration of their depths was not something she usually took part in. But with her go-to in ruins, that was something she needed to do now, best to pick a new drinking spot by feeling and go from there.

This is what brought her to the Czarna Dama, Sure black lady had a class of her own but maybe the owner thought going for an exotic language would give it a more unique feel? Though if one was to go for exotic Polish would not have been her first choice. Casually pushing open the door, the girl walked in calmly and took in her surroundings for a moment before making her way across to the bar itself, she just wanted something strong and lots of it, so hopefully they would be able to oblige.

[Czarna Dama - Neo-City Middle]

The longer he relaxed at the first floor bar in Czarna Dama, the more Tristan became aware of how acutely displaced he felt - though it didn't bother him much. After all, it was why he'd chosen to move from The Acres in the first place.

He'd spent the last half hour sipping thoughtfully on the whiskey sours he ordered, one, then two, now a third. Whether he was simply getting more comfortable in the bar, or the bartender had been giving him an especially heavy-handed pour, he wasn't certain. Nonetheless, over time he'd been a bit more bold in allowing his eyes to wander the room, getting a feel for the clientele.

The myriad folks who chose to spend their downtime here didn't have entirely too much that unified them, compared to the homogeneity of The Acres. Obviously a bit rougher around the edges, but beyond that, it was as cosmopolitan a room as he'd ever seen. The gruffer attitudes belonging to types like the Yakuza, who he'd noted had returned to the bar, were most common, but not monolithic.

It was loud and smoky, but it felt real in a way that high-end clubs at home didn't quite match.

A few of the folks that had wandered in after they safely returned the - now formerly - unconscious woman to the bar broke the mold more than others. One woman, who the bar's owner was now seated across from, certainly seemed cut from a finer cloth than most patrons. Another, a gaunt figure further down the bar, ordered herself a glass of merlot.

Surely she's not from here, right? Tristian pondered silently.

A similar thought crept in when he noticed another newcomer saunter through the doors. The silvery-blonde dressed the part, more or less.

Be it his Acreite roots, some deeper intuition, or his considerable buzz skewing how he perceived the woman, there was something... rehearsed about her body language, her movement, he confidence. And not badly rehearsed, at least to Tristan's perception.

He finished his third drink with a quick gulp, fishing out the one remaining cherry from between the ice cubes slowly melting away in the glass. The first cherry's stem floated lazily on the shallow water that remained, the last remnant of the fruit he'd been unable to restrain himself from enjoying as soon as the drink arrived.

Uncharacteristically, he decided to test his hunch. It was, if he were to be honest with himself, getting to be a fun little mental game, reading the people he encountered here.

"You don't get in here very often, do you?" he spoke up, loudly as his naturally quite voice allowed. Thankfully, the woman had approached the bar on the side of his face untouched by cybernetics or metal casing, so he was able to offer a slight smile. "I'll get you a drink if I'm wrong."

Mentions: PlusUltra PlusUltra

Last edited:
1E314D8E-682C-4C65-88B8-5682A6415C8D.jpeg
Eddie Gears aka “Wraith”
Eddie sprinted through the sewers the Nav-Watch showing a map, leading to his base. The water was on his heels but he was fast enough to outrun it, as result of many training sessions and his enhancement.

He barely reached the entrance; a seeming dead end that biased open after he pushed a button on his Nav-Watch, letting him into the decontamination room. After he ends in the doors slammed shut, little water getting inside. Instantly, several devices activating; verifying his identity and heating him up until no water remained. His door opened to four people including Val sitting in his recreation area. Watching the door. Val stood forward and said: “You made it, good. Now for the briefing.”

Archangel appeared on the enormous screen on the wall “Greetings comrades, and thank you for joining us wraith.”
Eddie sighed and said “Like I had a choice.”
Archangel ignored Eddie and pulled up an image of Eddie, except a few differences: His bone structure was different, his hair jet black, and a scar on his chin.
“This is Leo Sanderson, son of Grant Sanderson; one of our benefactors.”
Eddie recognized the second name, a member of the Imperium board and Superhuman Rights Speaker, had heard a few of his speeches.

“A few hours ago, Leo died of cardiac arrest, the public believes he is in his family’s private hospital; this is where Wraith comes in.” Eddie had known where this was going, by whatever twist of fate, he looked exactly like one of their top funders son.

“Wraith will assist us by attending the internship his father secured for him to find information on a few projects of interest. He will also need to attend every social event his doppelgänger would have attended. Archangel Out.” The screen went dark

At this the Knights looked at him, and Eddie said “This won’t work, we may look similar but anyone can see we aren’t the same person; besides, the elites will have plenty of gold, and it would be plenty suspicious if I fainted in the middle of one of these events”

Val nodded to the others and said “We have that accounted for, we will deal with the water and gold, hair, and other facial deferences.”

Eddie thought for a second and said “How? My weakness is impossible to avoid and-“ before he could finish speaking an invisible figure forced a small object down his throat.

Eddie keeled over as he felt an immune burning sensation, before it changed to in wave of cold. He got to his feet and said “What the hell was that?”

Val chuckled and said “The answer to our dilemma, Project Viper; a pill able to temporarily disable your weakness and abilities. It lasts a twelve hours, no lasting effects so far…”

Eddie lunged forward, only for the unseen figure to pull him back “Fuck you Val, I am not doing this; I will probably expose myself seconds in and won’t have a way out.” The invisible figure punched him in the chest before Val stood forward

“Poltergeist, that is enough. His reaction is somewhat justified. Now, Eddie; we need this operation to work so your cooperation will be required. If you don’t screw this up, you will receive a cut of our funding and a clear shot at Revenant. Your best chance is with us. Your choice.”

Eddie thought for a second and said “Fine.”

An hour later, Eddie felt his face, a bit of changes by Glamor had changed his facial structure completely, along with his hair. He turned to Val and said “Didn’t Leo have a scar?” Val thought for a second before saying
“Oh I almost forgot, Sabre; could you help us for a second.” Eddie barely reacted before the third Knight drew a short sword and sliced into his chin, making a perfect copy of Leo’s scar
“What the fuck? You could have warned me next time!”
Sabre put the sword in its sheath and said “Apologies my friend, this is for our best interests.”
Eddie sighed and hoped he wouldn’t need any more “adjustments”

Rachel Marewski
Lillian's glass clinked against Rachel's bottle of gin, and the two downed their drink and took a swig respectively. With that, in Rachel's mind, the deal was set in. It was at that moment that Lillian seemed to recognize the cybernetic lady that had walked in earlier. Rachel took the time to look around the bar and see how everyone was doing. It had been a minute since it was this packed. Chaos seemed to reign in business. She took note of the blue haired girl, the young man with the cybernetic face, and the Yakuza girl, who had returned without Kenzo, sitting alone. She took note that while observing each of them her vision was a bit wonky. She was definitely starting to feel the booze. The sight of her saviors, and a packed bar brought a grin to her face, her pale face developing rosy cheeks, and any thoughts of almost dying or her past were replaced with a feeling of joy, warmth, and a hint of friskiness. She decided this would be a good time to do her rounds. Placing her hand gently on Lillian's back she leaned in to her. "I'm gonna do my rounds. Find me when you're ready for that tour. Drinks are on me" Rachel said, before moving away from her, giving her cybernetic lady friend a nod as she moved by.

Rachel figured she would start with Ayako, the Yakuza girl. She would have to give her thanks and she was curious if the hand off went well. As Rachel moved toward the Yakuza girl, a newcomer arrived, who had a familiarity, but Rachel was starting to feel to drunk to pinpoint where from, and the glasses and hat didn't help. Discretion was key in the Czarna Dama though, so Rachel simply raised her arms.
"Welcome welcome. Find yourself a spot. One of the bartenders will be with you shortly" Rachel said. She would normally examine the newcomer more, but she was adamant on sticking to her rounds, before meeting new patrons and asking the old ones how they were doing. She also noticed the cybernetic faced young man who came in with the group was moving toward the newcomer who was at the bar.

With that, Rachel made her way over and sat next to the Yakuza girl, taking her features in now that she was closer. She hadn't noticed the pinky finger earlier, but it didn't take away from her good looks, Rachel thought. "Thanks for saving my ass back there. Glad things didn't escalate. Rachel by the way" the bar owner said, extending her hand. "The hand off went well? I know how the Yakuza can be" Rachel said, a bit more hushed as to not have any stray ears know Ayako's business. her words weren't slurring but she definitely sounded more bubbly, another dead give away that the liquor was starting to hit, which didn't bother her at all, but would probably become a nuisance to her patrons soon enough.

Interactions: Loomis Loomis Mentions: Sepokku Sepokku Meatball30 Meatball30 Loxely Loxely PlusUltra PlusUltra

Power Warper
Zelos
Grant Atonal
Neo-City Middle, Czarna Dama
The atmosphere at the pub was received with anticipation rather than apprehension when he entered Czarna Dama. He was a regular there, so he was more than used to it. Grant moved to the corner of the bar, where he frequently sat, and observed as a man who appeared to be affiliated with the bartender carried the latter in the back, likely to wake her up and get them sober. Grant, who was already hardly able to see the people he had come with, would survey the sea of people in the bank. He was impressed by their resilience as he took the time to take off his mask when he saw the bartender arrive minutes later as if nothing had happened. Although some people were scowling at him and others were just gawking at him while intoxicated, Grant ignored them as he made his way through the crowd of humanity bumping into him.

He had earlier appeared to annoy the oxygen manipulator, who was standing some distance away, listening to the bar owner and the mysterious woman, possibly waiting to speak to them. If only they were aware of how dangerous they could become, it made him consider the lethality of their abilities. Sometimes the most subtle powers frighten him the most, especially those that produce vastly applicable capabilities. The cybernetically enhanced individual that was present at the skirmish in Junction Street was one of the people that Grant spotted. He would soon become aware of the person they were approaching and would know right away by their energy signature that they were Repemtia because no other super in this universe possessed such strong gyrokinetic abilities. Her energy seemed to be trying to consume him as he felt it brush up against his. Although Grant was the only one with these kinds of senses and perceptions, the sensation persisted and made him weary.

Adding to the struggle, he had to force himself to stay focused because many people had the potential to exhibit powers and some of them already did so to varying degrees and types. When he uses his abilities frequently, he occasionally starts to lose control and they can start acting instinctively. He experienced it more than once, and the thought of Repemtia being around made his stomach turn at the prospect. As a result, he clung to his power-altering abilities and buried it deep inside himself while also weaving whatever other psychic defenses he could conjure in his head in an attempt to tame them.

He moved over to a stool by the bar counter so that he could watch the conversation between the bar owner and the Yakuza girl he had earlier seen out of the corner of his eyes. Grant removed his mask in front of the bartender and excused himself before introducing themselves, saying, "My name is Grant, and I've been coming here frequently, but I doubt you've noticed. And I wanted to thank you for saving my ass back there; I suppose we are now even." He gave the bar owner a slight smile as he gave glanced over to Repemtia in diguise. Although he was aware that his Obsidian body armor was still on, the contrast between its color and the lighting in the pub meant that he was easily identifiable.

Grant wasn't sure if it was the fact that his attention was mostly on Repemtia or the fact that his senses were acting strangely as his powers roared within him, clawing at his mind to emerge free from his control, but Grant was surprised by the appearance of a second person who came to speak with the bar owner, and he found the question the other person asked the bartender to be even stranger. Given their proximity and tier 4 status, it wasn't difficult to determine their powers. The illusionist arrived with a single goal in mind and carried themselves with stoicism and poise. Her candor with the bartender demonstrated that they weren't there to socialize.
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
8da51c7a12ea52b50a197b55ed2abcd4.jpg
Ayako kept her eyes on a constant scan of the people around her, she was hoping by the time she returned to the bar that it would have thinned out. She decided she would have one drink since she came back to the bar and then make her final departure from the slums of the city. Keeping the Omnitech founder in her peripherals she tried to concentrate on the words coming from the woman and her companion, but the chatter of the bar was increasing in volume. If she wanted to get anything from their conversation Ayako would have to move closer to them, and she wasn’t sure it was worth it at this point.

The bartender raised a hand and pointed in Ayako's direction and tipped her head in an upward nod as to ask what she wanted. Ayako quickly scanned the bottles of liquor behind the counter, she wasn’t much of a drinker so she wasn’t sure what to get besides sake. “If you have any sake, I’ll take that, chilled preferably.” The bartender turned and quickly poured her a small glass. Her petite hands reached up to her face mask and released the latch, revealing the rest of her facial features. The mask hung from the other latch so that it could easily be reattached if needed.

As Rachel took a seat beside her she took a small sip from her glass. She felt the woman’s eyes travel down to her missing pinky finger, her constant reminder of whom she belonged to.

“Ayako,” she took Rachel’s hand in hers and gave it a firm, quick shake before returning her hand to the glass in front of her.

“I was happy to return the favor. You and the White Lotus member helped me greatly back there, I’m sure the outcome would have been much different if not for your interference.” Ayako turned her head briefly back towards Lillan to make sure the woman was still occupied with her conversation when she noticed another corporate enter the building. The cyber enhanced woman was another big name the Yakuza had mentioned to her, Vera Sokolov, the Imperium’s head scientist. Interesting…

“The hand off went fine, thankfully. It’s in the security transport hands now. I have a meeting with my boss later in the week, so that’s where I will see how it went in their eyes.”
A slight twang of anxiety thumped in her chest at the thought of her impending meeting. She had a lot to prove with this if she wanted to continue to climb the ranks within the Yakuza, if she failed everything she had been working towards would come crumbling down.

The man from earlier that helped the group get Rachel back to the bar approached the two of them, still in his armor. Ayako simply gave him a nod of acknowledgement as he spoke with Rachel.

“I’d like to apologize for my short behavior with you earlier,” Ayako interjected herself into his conversation with Rachel. She was rather snappy with him when she knew he was just trying to help, but between the chaos of the fight and Kenzo’s behavior she had reached her tolerance limit. “I do appreciate you coming to our air to get Rachel back here safely.”

Interactions: SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42 , Xen6n Xen6n | Mentions: Sepokku Sepokku , Loxely Loxely

Last edited:

JACOB HARDWHICK
Mood: Confident, in pain

╚══════════════╝

Jacob's face stung as their adversaries fist connected, at the same time his left connecting with their adversaries face. The two began to exchange a series of punches, the IcyHot Supe seeming to have less oomph behind his punches thanks to Faust's wailing on him moments before. Jacob did take note that as Faust had been beating down on their enemy he seemed to have an almost feral rage behind his attacks, a trait Jacob was hoping wouldn't turn toward him. For the time being the arms dealer was taking that rage out on their mutual enemy, as Faust joined the fray and the two began to bombard the junked up Fire and Ice super with blows. Jacob had to admit he was durable, taking punches from two other supers like this.

The Super jumped back to make some distance from the duo, but this was exactly what Jacob had planned for. In the few moments that there was a gap in attacks, Jacob ripped his chain necklace off of himself.
"FAUST!!!" he bellowed, getting his now partner's attention, before tossing the necklace to the man. He immediately ran at their mutual opponent as to not let there be any room to breathe. The necklace he had thrown Faust was a common silver, sure, but on the necklace, there was a ring, with a silver band, and atop the band, a beautiful diamond. Jacob had gotten the gist of Faust's powers, and while he didn't know the extent he figured the arms dealer would be able to do something with the wedding ring.

Jacob in the meantime released a flurry of punches before letting one of their enemies' hits land, only for Jacob to grab the Icy-Hot's wrist. Panic filled the enemy's eyes as they tried to let go, but failed thanks to Faust's barrage earlier. Too weak to pull away *GRAPHIC WARNING* the supers arms began to develop white lines that seemed like cracks. A booming explosion sounded, as the super's arm burst into a red mist, chunks of his ice wielding arm flying throughout the boiler room. Jacob's face was now covered with some of the blood from the arm, but with the arm now missing, he was holding on to nothing, which gave their enemy the opening he needed to counter attack Jacob.

Adrenaline had to be carrying Icy-Hot, as his fire wielding arm released such a powerful attack that it sent Jacob flying backwards, a stream of fire glued to him. It slowly seared through his jacket, so he began to roll, notably toward cover. Although his arms and torso were burned now, he hoped that destroying the frost arm and drawing their attackers gave Faust enough time to work.

Jacob took the moment to catch his breath behind cover before bursting out, revolver in hand, aimed and ready just in case. If Faust followed through, another shot wouldn't be needed. After all, if Jacob was right, their enemy only had fire left, and fire was ineffective against..

Interaction: SidTheSkid SidTheSkid

Rachel Marewski
Rachel was relieved to see Ayako remove her mask. She wanted her patrons to feel comfortable. Underneath the mask, the rest of her facial features revealed someone who wasn't all that much younger than Rachel. It seemed crime liked to sink it's teeth into anyone nowadays, Rachel thought as she swayed in her seat a bit. "Ayako is a nice name" Rachel said with a big grin. She listened as the Yakuza girl said that her and the blue haired girl had helped. "Honestly I'm not sure we would've made it out in one piece, but...glad it went down the way it did" Rachel laughed. The booze was definitely kicking in if the stand off was something for her to laugh at now. In the back of her mind though she knew those drones could pick her apart.

"Hey, if they're not too thrilled with your work, you can always hide out here. I'm told I'm very hospitable" Rachel said to Ayako, leaning in a bit closer, with a smirk on her face. She leaned back though as she took another swig from her gin, realizing the bottle was just a bit under half way. Had she really had that much? She briefly became serious. "I may not have been one directly, but from my experience, as long as the job got done, with few hiccups, you should be fine" Rachel reassured. Although she wasn't entirely certain how an actual member, let alone a woman would be treated, but Rachel usually never got shit from them, or even got more work, so long as errands got done.

"And if not I could always use another pretty bartender. Kevin's face bothers the clients" Rachel joked, turning her gaze to her favorite, overworked, bartender, who was just in ear shot of her comment. He shook his head and flipped her off, only for her to grin and give him the finger back. She was about to continue conversing with Ayako, when in her peripheral she saw a figure approaching. She turned her attention to see one of the people who helped carry her in, the one with the armor. He addressed himself as Grant after taking his mask off, and while Rachel was a bit too buzzed now to remember, she believed him being a regular.

"It get's a bit busy around here, so I'm sorry. And no thanks needed, you saved my ass from that big rock dude" Rachel said with a smile, extending her hand. She couldn't help but notice Grant eyeballing the blonde that had walked in with the hat. A lot. She pouted a bit, her drunk mind getting a bit jealous of someone else getting attention in her own bar.

"What's say we do a round of shots gang" Rachel asked the two she was conversing with now. She figured if the Yakuza girl was stressed about her boss, she could at least give her a drink or five to temporarily forget the anxiety, and she figured she owed Grant a drink despite them being even.

Interactions: Loomis Loomis Xen6n Xen6n

(Feels a bit short let me know if I should give it an edit)

Mr-William.png

[Currently: Speaking to Jacob ]
[Mood: Relieved ]

Diamond.

Faust's muscles tensed and coiled like a spring as he delivered a forceful haymaker to his opponent's face with his clenched fist, its momentum being so energetic that it caused a superficial layer of amassed rock on Faust's knuckles to disintegrate upon impact, a cascade of powdered concrete trailing off from Faust's knuckles as they connected with the man's face. He would've abrupty disengaged from the skirmish once Jacob's urgent cry reached Faust's ears, a desperate plea for attention; as he shifted his posture and casted a sideways glance with the motioning of his head, he observed Jacob tearing off his necklace and flinging it in his direction with all his might. The jewelry hurtled through the tumultuous atmosphere, propelled by both Jacob's determination and his great pitching arm. Reacting on instinct, Faust lunged forward and snatched the necklace out of the air before it could drop to the floor; examining the piece of jewelry, Faust felt a sly grin creep up his scheming mien.

His necklace was exquisitely crafted, the delicate patterns etched into the silver of the band telling a story of ageless beauty, however, what caught his attention was the ring attatched to it, more specifically the center stone of the ring that was captured within its 'gallery'; a flawless diamond stood proudly at the center of the ring, the resplendant gem glistened at the palm of his hand underneath the vague lighting overhead, it was clear that this was no cubic zirconia, this very much real. The calculated move struck Faust with a profound realization. The notion that Jacob had been diligently observing him, meticulously dissecting the intricacies of his powers. "How very perceptive of him." Faust thought, a gleam of respect revealing itself through his amiable expression, appreciating the analytical brilliance that Jacob possessed. Perhaps, once this troublesome affray is concluded, he would extend a prosperous job offering to Jacob—a chance to utilize his clever intellect and physical prowess for greater purposes.

The mystical fusion of the diamond's essence with his own flesh, an exquisite metamorphosis begun to unfold and the radiant material permeated his being, intertwining with his very DNA and enveloping him in an illustrious sheen. As this transformative communion was taking place, the spectacle Jacob and the "Supe" fighting it out was still quite clear; but Jacob had the advantage and was wearing down his opponent with a combination of precisely-timed blows, soon came the climax of this fight as Jacob was able to get ahold of the man's arm and detonate it, shredding apart the "Supe's" arm in the same way holding a stick of dynamite for too long would. Yet, to Faust's astonishment, their adversary endured and through sheer resilience, he pushed Jacob away from him, unleashing a torrent of scorching flames from his remaining arm. It seemed as if now was Faust's chance to strike, so taking the chance to do so, Faust sprung forward and wrenched the Icy/Hot Supe's arm behind his back, his hand clamping down onto the man's bicep with inhuman strength. The man let out a howl of agony as Faust exerted his dominance.

His oponent instinctively reacted in a defensive way by erupting flames from his body, engulfing both him and Faust in a scorching inferno. Unfortunately for him, Faust remained unperturbed by such an attempt; unlike concrete, Diamond was a highly resilient material when it came to heat, in fact, its melting point was six times higher than that of concrete. To say he was impervious to such a degree of warmth their blazing 'friend' had been giving off was an underestatement, To Faust this was nothing more than an ephemeral caress against their diamond skin. Faust's grip tightened in a split-second, his fingers exerting a crushing force that shattered the man's bicep. The Icy/Hot Supe's agonized cries strained his lungs as the muscles in his arm were torn asunder, and the bones within were fractured; the man's panicked cries quickly turned to a choked whimper as Faust swung him to the ground by his throat, kneeling down as his gemstone fingers digging through his skin and clasping over the supe's trachea.

>"Pray tell, do you have any final utterances you wish to convey before embarking upon your own ignoble demise?"

> "Fuck yo-"

With a sudden and brutal motion, Faust interrupted him by twisting his wrist; In a blink of an eye, the man's trachea was completely severed, and their vertebrae shattered under the force of Faust's inhuman strength. In spite of it being quite violent, they were killed instantaneously and wouldn't of suffered further. Faust brought himself up off his knee and for a moment, he'd look down at the corpse with a mixture of disgust and intolerance; Faust couldn't understand what would've caused him to do something so foolish as to cross him, to meet fate in such an unceremonious way, in a boiler room of all places. With a heavy sigh, Faust ambled on over to Jacob after wiping away the blood from his hand onto his pant leg.

""I must express my gratitude for your assistance in dealing with that bothersome individual. I'm sure you're curious so i'll enlighten you of my identity: I am William Faust, a name that surely resonates with you seeing how that one of your firearms is of my own design. I apologize, it really is lamentable that our introduction had to occur amidst such irritating circumstances... Might I ask who you are, sir?"

[Interactions: SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42 ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back