• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Imperium (Futuristic Superpower rp) (O/A)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Events

As the sun was starting to lower on Neo-City, Junction Street was almost back to normal, save for a few craters and cracks. Destroyed cars had been moved, blood cleaned, save for a few spots, and a lot of the bullet casings, and damages had been erased, people already walking up and down the street as if nothing had happened, and those who weren't being ignorant took photos of any remaining marks of the chaos that had ensued at noon.

With the sun lowering, the city's almost hollow, bright, look, started to become vibrant, as the orange tint of the sun's light signaled for buildings to start flipping on their neon lights, and illuminating windows and shops with life. Some people came back from a day at their 9-5's, while other people began flooding out of their apartment buildings and skyscraper studios to go enjoy the nightlife of the city. Parties brewed, club s and more higher end bars opened their doors. The city was breathing at a faster pace.

Elsewhere though, away from the lights and glamor, rats ran along pipes, chasing each other, murky water produced a deathly odor, and the residents were nowhere to be seen. on the Eastern end of the Slums, a gated, yet run down mansion stood, with torches and industrial lights, illuminating graffiti of giant bronze scorpions.

A hand slammed down onto a wooden desk, causing it to crack, but not break. "Those corpo bastards set us up"
cb18d2f0b27a28d29d809514e257227f.png

"Those fucking bastards" a gruff voice continued.

"But boss. They paid us good" a voice responded. The man who had slammed the desk looked up at the SKORPION member who mentioned the pay. He ran his hand through the mohawk on his head, before giving his shaved side a scratch, his eyes closed under his tinted glasses. He let out a groan before pointing his fingers at the goon like a gun, causing the member to cower in fear. Nothing happened however.

"If we didn't lose so many good men today, you'd be a red mist right now Benny! PAID? PAID?! It's the fucking principle of it! We don't have the Yakuza OR the intel AND we lost comrades!" the spikey haired leader yelled, his finger guns thrusting with each emphasis, causing Benny to flinch more and more each time. The other members in the office had various reactions, some relaxed, others not paying attention, and some nervous for Benny's sake. From the corner of the room came a woman's 'tsk' however, causing brown eyes to shift from under the mohawk man's tinted glasses.

"Magnus, don't yell so much. It's not a good look. Besides, this just seems like another opportunity.." a lower, yet soft womanly voice rang out from the corner. For a moment, Magnus, the boss of this band of hooligans, simply stared at the figure in the corner. He squinted his eyes with a glare, before lowering his fingers to his jacket, and readjusting it, before running his other hand through his hair again.

"Ya ya. Just keeping Benny on his toes. You're right though. Alright gang. Load up some vans. It's time for payback"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some time later...

A black limousine, cruised along on one of the highways that headed toward the Acres from Middle Neo-City. In it were four, suited, and well armed men; one driver, one shotgun, and two in the back to each side of a young teenage girl, who was very invested in her portable console. The girl was the daughter of Tundra Industries' CEO. The business was under the umbrella of Imperium and operated in transportation of higher valued items. While the girl, Annie, was a resident of the Acres, she was adamant on having friends from Middle Neo-City, not wanting to live the rich spoiled life. Her father, a very anxious but understanding man, respected her wishes, so long as she had guards at all times.

The limousine had run into few problems, and was keeping a steady pace on the express lane, when suddenly a van pulled up alongside them, before gunning ahead. "Idiot's gonna get a ticket. I mean seriously-" before the guard could finish complaining, the van swerved in front of the limousine, and doors swung open revealing a group of Skorpions armed to the teeth, one of whom had a EMP cannon.

It wasn't long before the limousine was put out of commission, the guards murdered violently, and the teenage girl was thrown into the van. The Skorpions officially kidnapped Annie Baker of Tundra Industries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere at the same exact moment, one of Orion Bank's locations triggered an alarm, followed by a gunshot. "NOBODY ELSE PLAY HERO!" yelled a very cybernetic-altered man yelled out, firing another round at the ceiling. Hostages screamed and cried as blood pooled out from a bank teller's head who had just triggered the alarm.

c15af7174cdd0b7bc50f459a23009aef.png
Four members of the Racketeers, a small gang of punks, were robbing a bank in the south eastern part of Middle City. The gang, although small in numbers, and disliked by just about every other gang, and much weaker, had the advantage of having far more implants and mods in their body and software respectively. They were definitely taking advantage, as they loaded money up into sacks, and planting charges on a back wall, their planned getaway route.

One lady out of the hostages, started a live feed of the situation on her social media, trying to be discreet. Unfortunately though, a heavier Racketeer member saw this, and one of the last things on the live feed to be heard was a gunshot, followed by an abrupt stop, that came from the Racketeer stomping on the phone.
"Oi. We gots to hurry. Seems one o' em had a phone out" the heavier grunt called out. Little did they know, the lady was a known name for Supers who looked for odd end jobs. The police wouldn't be the only ones showing up to stop the robbery.

“So, what are you going to spend your cut on?” A pink-haired girl swung her arms as she walked alongside Molly. “Hey, maybe we’ll finally be able to afford our own place!”

“Yeah.” Molly shrugged. “Keep dreaming.”

Cindy Chua was another orphan, so graciously taken in by the White Lotus about the same time Molly was. Considering how Master Yen gave them the same last name on their...tactfully altered electronic records, maybe that made them kind of sisters? It was an idea Molly rarely entertained.

She clutched the envelope close to herself under her jacket as she walked briskly, making a beeline towards the bank. Another typical errand. Someone (probably Yu-jin) had left a package of the usual stuff at a dead drop, and the client who picked it up left the agreed payment. No cheques or cryptocurrencies in this business, and pretty much everyone in the neighborhood knew the consequences of messing with a White Lotus dead drop.

And now all it would take is for Molly to make the deposit to one of many shell accounts to complete the transaction.

“Aw, what’s the hurry? I don’t think Master Lee would blow up at you again if you’re a little late...”

Molly sighed.

The day after the battle at Junction Street

“Sifu.” Molly bowed low at the table that sat at the top floor of one of the most popular restaurants in White Lotus territory, addressing two of the three members of the Triumvirate. Lee was here, having not waited to start his meal even as Yen narrowed her eyes at Molly.

“Ah, Blue Orchid!” Master Lee smiled wide even as his chopsticks snatched up a pig trotter (yes, real meat) to put over his bowl of rice. “So glad you could make it. Sit, sit! Do you know why I called you here?”

“I have a few ideas, sifu.” Molly mumbled as she sat.

“Good, good!” Master Lee chortled as he regarded her. “I can skip the preamble then. I invited you here to commend you on your little contribution. You were on the scene when that messy little fight between the Skorpions and the Tiburon broke out, and you immediately took the initiative to secure our assets. Of course, the manager of that store has already had a firm talking to about the importance of proper security measures from my men.” There was not a drop of insincerity in his words. Which of course, made it even more vicious when his mood changed.

“If only what you did next wasn’t so stupid.” He spat, setting his bowl down. There it was. “You got involved instead of minding your own damn business! OUR business! You joined that fight and for what? Some poor bitch who got taken hostage and a yakuza? All in front of Imperium’s cameras! You know how much it costs to keep Imperium off our backs for people like you? We give them information! We give them a good cut of our drugs! We give them test subjects to test those drugs ON! All so they won’t haul YOU off to their labs! And then you walk right out and show off your freakish little- If you were one of mine, I’d just-”

“But she isn’t one of yours.” Master Yen tilted her head slightly towards Lee. That gesture was enough. “And the woman she saved turned out to be quite the businessperson. I do believe the Czarna Dama will be a lucrative client for your brewery.”

“O-of course.” Master Lee huffed, like a child being disciplined. “As long as more people are giving ME money for their fix, I’m satisfied. And as long as SOMEONE learns to keep quiet after I say...dock all her earnings from operations over the next two months?”

“We’ll keep it that way, won’t we, Molly?”

“Y-yes, sifu.” She bowed to Yen, but not to Lee.

“Hah!” If Lee took that as a further slight, he didn’t show it. “I’m glad we could talk that out. Now, who’s ready for a second helping?”

“I’ll pass.” The old woman, maintaining her misleadingly hunched posture, got out of her chair and made for the exit. Her cane jabbed painfully into Molly’s ankle as she passed, making clear that she was expected to stay. “You won’t embarrass me again.” It was a statement, not a query.

Back in the present...

"NOBODY ELSE PLAY HERO!"

So it was just lovely that this was the day of all days, and the bank of all banks where this would happen.

“Hey, we gotta do something!”

“No, I don’t think we gotta. Not...not right now.”

Molly and Cindy pressed into an alcove near one of the ATMs. Surely something would come along to shake up the situation, as it always would. Molly considered using her threads to just shove the cash into the ATM and make the deposit, but she couldn’t see to enter the account number in. Of course. Very convenient.

(mentions: SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42 Loomis Loomis )

Eddie Gears
Eddie sat in the back of the armored limousine, the screen in front of him showing Archangel; in the shadows as usual. “Now, Sanderson Manor is a few hours away so now is the best time for your briefing.”
Eddie stared as several images went through the monitor; showing blueprints of Imperiums research department facility
“Leonard was given the mission of infiltrating this base following the internship his father arranged. There are many objects of interest but there are a few primary objectives.”

On the screen, blueprints for an advanced android appeared, labeled as Project ATOM. The automaton had many different features, most for combat according to the document.

“This was designed thirty years ago; we have no idea what else has been added since. The next objective will be of interest.”

On the next page showed Project Wraith. On screen where diagrams for several machines; powered by the odd vials he had seen Revenant use in the past.

“We have no clues about Project Wraith, but Dr Cyran managed to send a message to us, telling us that it must be stopped.”

Eddie’s breath caught in the back of his throat at the mention of the doctor; the lead researcher of Project Athena; the project he had been in with Nova Team. Cyran had been a kind woman, the closest thing he had had to a mother;

He knew that he would have ended up an Imperium weapon if it wasn’t for her so he regained his composure and said “What happened to Cyran?”

“Following her message, she disappeared.” Eddie paled at the thought of his mentors death; but he knew he could find her.

“There is another part of the mission we haven’t discussed.” Eddie turned to the noise of a metallic click as a cubbard opened; inside a combat uniform and mask; outfitted with advanced technology.

“The Knights need more eyes on the field, and I feel Nova is a perfect cover.” Archangel said. “Now suit up, we have tech to test.”
IMG_0415.png

8da51c7a12ea52b50a197b55ed2abcd4.jpg
Ayakoa narrowed her eyes as Vera mentioned Kenzo. Yes, it was the exchange of their “hostage” but it wasn’t like the Yakuza had planned on a member of their family being whisked away. It was glaringly obvious that Vera was not going to budge on her stance and see it from the other side, typical Imperium mind washing. Turning away from Vera, hoping the cold shoulder would hint to the woman she was done interacting, she took hold of her drink and took another small sip.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the scientist rise from her seat, Ayako’s hand ready to snap her oxygen mask back in place if need be. Her entire body tensed as the mechanical arm took hold of her shoulder and Vera whispered in her ear. Ayako held her breath, waiting for the other shoe to drop as she eyed the black business card that was placed in front of her.

Ayako locked eyes with the woman for a brief moment before she took her leave. Interesting. Her eyes flicked back onto the card that sat on the bartop, taking it in between her fingers she inspected it briefly before slipping it into her pocket. There wasn’t a chance in hell she would ever work for Imperium, but the offer did have it’s potential to work in her favor.

“Cheers to this crazy city”

She had been so caught up in her interaction with Vera she had completely missed whatever conversation was happening around her. She watched as everyone tossed back the shots that Rachel had so graciously passed around, but Ayako still held onto her own. While the others were comfortable in this environment Ayako was still on edge and wanted to make sure she kept her wits about her.

“If you want it, its yours,” Ayako said and held the shot out for Rachel although she wasn't sure the woman needed anymore alcohol.

Interactions: Loxely Loxely & SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42

35c5f647bffdcd17ed80f8af684ea373.png

JACOB HARDWHICK
╬════════════════════════════════════╬
Mood: Relaxed

╚══════════════╝
Before any recollection of the woman could emerge from the depths of Jacob's brain, an arm wrapped around his shoulder and guided him toward the commotion and liveliness of the bar, Faust's voice breaking his thoughts. Jacob turned his attention back to the arms dealer. He was going to protest Faust footing the bill, but the man didn't seem like the type you could argue with in terms of grand gestures. Jacob gave a small smile, "I may dress it but I'm not poor. Nonetheless, you have my thanks" he said in jest at the first part, and with sincere thanks. With that he stepped in alongside Faust, and was met with the bustle of the bar. His eyes scanned the bar, recognizing certain aspects of it from previous visits, but taking it in more so, now that he wasn't there on business. The life was definitely present as the day became afternoon. The few times Jacob had been it hadn't been this packed, but it seemed the bartenders were managing just fine, especially with the second floor seeming a little more quiet, aside from a few sweaty youngsters who seemed to have swapped dancing for drinking.

His eyes turned toward the far side of the bar, where the billiards and darts were located, where his eyes locked with a man who was waiting for his turn at the table. He gave a small nod, one to which Jacob responded with a smaller nod. As his eyes scanned more of the bar, his eyes met with another man, accompanied with a woman and two friends at one of the booths. The man lifted his beer in cheers before quickly returning his attention to his company. It seemed the bar had a few of his own in there, which was no surprise to Jacob. Again, his rebels spoke highly of the bar and it seemed to be a good place for unwinding or talking shop given it's location between Middle and the Slums.

Jacob finally turned his attention to the main bar, where Faust was walking toward to grab one of two empty stools. As Jacob slowly walked behind, he took in the scene here. A few lonely mercs. A younger man, and a very dressed up blonde were in hot debate with..well well well, a familiar face. Not familiar in the sense of Jacob having shaken their hand, but he was familiar with the face of the Omnitech CEO who's tech found it's way into Otto's Chop Shop, another business of Jacob's that was a bit more lowkey. While his rebel status wouldn't be known, he was sure she would be aware of her customers.

His attention then turned to the bar owner, dressed in her usual raven colored style, seemingly plastered off her ass, making small talk and taking a shot with a few around her, including a younger woman that seemed a bit more 'street' than the other civilians. Maybe a super, or a gang member, but Jacob didn't want to linger with his eyes longer than he had to. It was impolite to stare. He had reached the stool next to Faust anyway. "I'll be with you in a moment" Kevin, one of the bartenders called over, mid pour.

Jacob watched as the bartender seemed to juggle his tasks well, before turning back to Faust.
"This place has a lot of life tonight. Makes me wonder how many found shelter, or the closest drink to gossip about Junction Street" Jacob said to his new companion. "Although with the service, and atmosphere I imagine it's always this popular" he continued.

"And I'll be honest. It seems you could find a lot of business here, Mr. Faust. Seems like a lot of rough characters" Jacob said, knowing internally his rebels would for sure need better weapons, but also taking account of the tougher characters of the bar.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

e8dceaddf13609477986927a9c6574ab.png
Rachel Marewski
Rachel watched as the woman with the cybernetics got up and took her leave, not seeming to be interested in taking the free shot that the raven haired bar owner had offered. Rachel pouted with a little bit of frustration. Rachel could understand people turning down a shot but to outright dismiss it without a word? That was an underlying code of dishonor for the drunk bar owner. However before she could drunkenly protest, Vera had gotten up and placed a card for Ayako. Rachel, being in such close proximity couldn't help but overlook, and then watch as Vera left the bar. "I hope Kevin charged her extra" Rachel thought, the alcohol making her thoughts very blunt, intrusive, and incoherent.

She pulled Vera's shot closer to her, to avoid someone freeloading, or worse drugging the drink. She turned her attention back to Ayako, who also was denying her shot, although she seemed a bit nicer about it, which made Rachel smile. "I should probably slow down...but you owe me a drink one of these days then" Rachel said with a grin as she slid Ayako's drink next to Vera's unfinished one and leaned on the counter, her head resting in her palm. "A corpo zhob offer though. Not everyday those fall into your lap" Rachel said with a bit of a slur. "Not any better than any criminal enterprise though" Rachel continued to the Yakuza girl.

Rachel thought briefly to some of the gigs she had, and how Imperium would treat their own. From the outside looking in it was no better than a gang, just with luxury clothing, a better location, fresh paint, and less violent. Abuse was there though, from what she had seen and heard, even through clients at the bar. Verbal abuse. Manipulation. Misconduct. The only thing that separated some suits from the Slums was money and a gun. That was not even considering the rumors Rachel had heard about experimentation.

Before her thoughts could continue on their drunken spiral, Rachel's attention turned to the entrance where two more gentlemen walked in. One, was dressed sharp, with white hair, and a very handsome appearance, albeit with some cuts in his very luxurious attire. He was a familiar face that Rachel had seen in commercials on the teli. An arms dealer, something with an F, but her status of inebriation left her fumbling for the full name. The other guy, looked raggedy, is beard long, with cyberware on his face, and an evident feel of the Slums, but she recognized him somewhat from brief exchanges. However Rachel had to be in similar states to now, or worse, as she had no recollection what his name or occupation were, but the two made their way to the bar, making them clients now.

"Kevin send these shits over to them. Hate letting drinks go to waste" Rachel slurred, sliding Ayako and Vera's shots to Kevin. Although she couldn't put a name on the pair, she was excited to have the arms dealer as a patron. Dollar signs could've filled Rachel's eyes in a cartoonish reality, knowing a big name drinking at the bar could attract more clients. She would have to be sure to introduce herself at one point. However being the ever so good bar owner she was she didn't want to leave her company unattended for long.

Turning her attention to Ayako once more, feeling a bit more open thanks to the liquid courage "You know, if you ever need some back up with your bunch, my name has definitely floated around their ranks. I know how they can be so I can always maybe cash in a favor or two, maybe help you out a bit, as thanks for saving my tits back in that alley" Rachel said. "I'm wondering what's keeping you around with them, if you don't mind my asking. Or rather how you got involved in the life to begin with" Rachel pried, curious to know the woman's situation. Ayako seemed around Rachel's age when she was still doing hits and 'gigs'. Sobering a bit with interest, she wondered if the yakuza would be willing to share with her.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Jacob's attention was briefly taken off Faust as Kevin beckoned for them. "Courtesy of the owner. These are on the house" he said placing the shots, that he had re-chilled in a shaker, in front of them "Now what can I get you gentlemen?"

"Some scotch for me boss, neat" Jacob said, with his usual indifferent tone. He took the free shots offered to them though, and slid one toward Faust. It seemed clear, but Jacob didn't mind mixing. Liquor was liquor and he strayed from having it in excess after his benders back in the day. Giving it a smell first it seemed to be vodka with triple sec and lime juice. A kamikaze. Raising the glass toward Faust, he awaited the usual clink of two new comrades. "Cheers" he said, with some more life, before downing the sour, yet smooth drink and tapping the glass twice on the table before sliding it over.

Interactions: SidTheSkid SidTheSkid Mentions: Meatball30 Meatball30 PlusUltra PlusUltra Sepokku Sepokku
Interactions: Loomis Loomis Mentions: Loxely Loxely

tumblr_pavsei2ti61qg53joo1_1280-jpg.1084067

Having successfully extricated herself from the conversation she had been indulging herself in, Lilian leaned against a wall and took a look at her phone.

She had a message.

'ETA: One minute. Meet me outside, you know I hate to be kept waiting.'

A small frown crossed her face, he was in one of his moods, again. It seemed like every day he was throwing a tantrum about something or other. As a transporter though, his work spoke for itself. Pushing herself off the beam she had been resting on, she made her way out of the bar, passing a familiar acquaintance as she did. Giving him a silent nod of acknowledgment as they passed, she made her way out of the bar.

The moment she stepped into the fresh night air, the telltale roar of a motor could be heard, undoubtedly her associate's bike. A glow of neon rounded the corner, illuminating the road as it sped towards her. The lights were a new addition. Pocketing her phone she took a few more steps to the sidewalk's edge moving her left hand behind her back, holding onto her right elbow with lax fingers. The motorcycle skid to a halt almost touching the pavement, only a half foot from her toes. Her HUD displayed -0:03.00, "You're late."

The person on the bike stood up and removed the parcel that was strapped to their back. "ETA means estimated time of arrival, I'm exactly on time."

"A three-second deviation could mean death for everyone involved. I do wish you'd use my V.A.A.L.D.I.S. system."

"I don't trust you. No one smart should."

"Your partner trusts me."

"No, they are indebted to you. Key difference." The transporter handed her the package.

Lilian frowned, deciding it best to change the subject. She reached out and took the object from him, "I hear you're in charge of the Hanzo transport. I'll warn you, I'm also gunning for the prize there."

"Yeah, you and half the city. If you're trying to throw me off my game, it's not going to work." They got back onto their bike.

"Just a friendly warning."

"Mhmm." The bike revved as it wheelied into the air, tearing off in the same direction it had come from.

"And the game is afoot." Lilian smiled dreamily as she clutched the oversized briefcase to herself. Her best units had already been sent to the safehouse, for now, her best move was to speak with Faust. With purpose, she strode back into the bar, making her way over to the weapons manufacturer and his associate. With a winning smile on her face, she readjusted her glasses and took a seat to the left of Faust, placing the suitcase by her feet.

"I thought that was you Fausty." Leaning forward so that her elbows rested on the bar, Lilian steepled her fingers, resting her head against them so that she could see past Faust to the man that had accompanied him. "Who's your friend?" She feigned innocence. In truth, she knew who he was. At least, she was 99.987% sure she knew who he was. Partially chromed up, hair shaved on the sides, dressed like he bought his outfit at a computer store; he certainly fit the bill. However, it never hurt to check.
SidTheSkid SidTheSkid SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42

Last edited:
Fauster.png

[Location: Czarna Dama. ]
[Currently: Having a discussion with Lillian & Jacob at the bar. ]
[Mood: Pleased. ]

Faust offered a friendly wave as Kevin made his presence known, additionally implying that he understood that the bartender was well occupied attending to other customers and that it would probably require a minute or two before his order could be placed. While biding his time, Faust found himself consciously musing over the surprising number of people who had gathered at Czarna Dama. It seemed almost ironic that this place would somehow thrive in the aftermath of a nearby incident, but perhaps it was precisely the allure of escapism that drew people here or maybe Jacob's suggestion that citizens seeking shelter here during the event or using it as a gossip hub held some truth. The collection of diverse voices and the addition of the establishment's lively atmosphere actually provided them both with an unexpected shroud of privacy, granting the two a sense of seclusion amidst the bustling crowd. Throughout the chatter and clinking of glasses, their discussion could now unfold without undue attention, a hidden conversation shielded by the shroud of the bar's vigorous chatter.

"Opportunities for business may present themselves in just about anywhere, Mr. Hardwhick, but it is succeeding in the challenge of cultivating a loyal clientele that truly separates the exceptional from the ordinary."

Indeed, Judging by appearances alone, there were certainly several potential 'buyers,' and Mr. Faust was quite aware of that. However, he needed customers who would consistently exhibit loyalty, as some individuals would make a single purchase and be content with just that, while others were fickle and outright indecisive about becoming long-term purchasers of his goods. At present, Faust was specifically seeking those who would consistently return to buy his arms. Soon the bartender materialized at their side, placing two delicate glass shots upon the table, and pouring the contests from his shaker inside of them; the glasses held an enchanting blend of liquor, vodka, and lime juice, the ingredients swirling gracefully together as the coldness of these liquids caused a misty fog to envelop the glass, leaving a cool sensation trailing from the rim. The way these drinks were presented left Faust thoroughly impressed, with the bartender exuding a degree of professionalism; and the fact that these shots were being offered free of charge, courtesy of the owner, contributed to the favorable impression that Czarna Dama was leaving.

"Ah, splendid! Much obliged my good man, please extend my heartfelt gratitude to the owner as well. For my order, I shall indulge in a 'Godfather', a fusion of whiskey and amaretto; I will trust your expert judgment to select the suitable brands, preferably ones that'll give the drink some potency and sweetness, thank you."

Having abstained from the sweet seduction of a cocktail for quite some time, Faust anticipated the hidden taste that awaited him and the gentle reminder of the flavors and sensations he had long missed could be felt on his tastebuds. The specific brands the bartender brought out probably would've influenced the prince of the drink, but that mattered little to him in that moment; what truly mattered was the simple pleasure of indulging in this long-awaited treat. Upon observing Jacob's raised glass across from him, Faust decided to play along and reciprocate the gesture. "Cheers," And as their glasses made the subtle 'clink', Faust immediately gulped down the 'kamikaze' shot, being sure to cherish the pleasant essence of sooth and sour that the intoxicating liquid provided before swallowing and bringing the bottom of the shot glass back down onto the counter.

Right as he was about to ask Jacob how he enjoyed his drink, a woman's voice caught his attention, one that he hadn't heard in quite some time. "I thought that was you Fausty." Was it possible? No, it couldn't be, and yet, it was. With widened eyes, he noticed the young and brilliant mind of Omnitech occupying the seat directly beside him, re-acquainted after all this time. It was honestly a surprise to see her, the last time these two had met was at a weapons convention; a international expo where weapon manufacturers from across the globe would be given the opportunity present their upcoming projects and engage in networking with other business owners.

"Lillian Anderbilt, if my eyes do not deceive me! You haven't changed a bit by the looks of it either, I say, how is that one 'drone project' of yours doing? Last time we spoke about it was at last year's 'Arms Fair', the short demonstration reel had left quite the impression on everyone, including myself."

Looking back on that event, he still marveled at the integrated propulsion system she had implemented into that specific drone model; its effectiveness triggered thoughts on how he could integrate a comparable feature into one of his weapons. But such thoughts could be set aside and reserved for later. In the present moment, Lillian's curiosity centering around Faust's newfound acquaintance, motivated him to go ahead and initiate their introduction by exchanging their names.

"Ah, right. Lillian, allow me to introduce Jacob Hardwick, he graciously assisted me in resolving certain... unresolved matters. We were enjoying ourselves with a few drinks and just about to discuss the pursuit of a possible business venture between us. Jacob, I present to you Lillian Anderbilt, the prestigious CEO of Omnitech. Her and I crossed paths at a weapons convention about a year ago, and I assure you, she possesses quite the brilliant mind."

[ Interactions: SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42 , Sepokku Sepokku ]

8da51c7a12ea52b50a197b55ed2abcd4.jpg
“I will definitely be back, hopefully on a day it isn’t as…crowded.” She scanned the bar once more and watched as people tossed back their drinks, laughed with their friends and enjoyed themselves. Must be nice.

Ayako thumbed the card in her pocket as Rachel mentioned the job offer. Her entire ‘career’ had been her working against the corporations that surrounded the city, the thought of working with them was foreign to her. It was especially odd for her to receive said job offer when she knew the Yakuza were plotting on sending her to gather some intel on the major corporations, mainly Imperium and Omnitech. Ayako would definitely have to bring this to the attention of the higher ups, see what their thoughts were and how they could use this to their advantage.

“Corporate really isn’t my style,” Ayako said with a slight amusement to her tone, removing her hand from her pocket she reached out for her drink and took another sip. She really should be going, aside from dropping Kenzo off she hadn’t had much contact with work and she knew that there were still things that needed to be done. As anxious as she was sitting in the congested bar, she was more anxious to return and face her boss, so she didn’t make the move to depart just yet.

As Rachel called for the bartender to send off the shots to the most recent attendees Ayako turned to examine the two men a bit more. The man dressed in a suit looked familiar to her, but she couldn’t quite place his face in her memories. Just as she was going to swivel her bar stool back to Rachel’s direction her eyes landed on another familiar face, but this time it was crystal clear as to who it was. Omnitech’s CEO, Lillian Anderbilt, had just entered the bar and made her way up to the two men. Why are so many high level people at a bar in the Slums? It was truly odd, most of them wouldn’t be down here without ulterior motives of some sort. Slowly turning back to face Rachel, Ayako kept her attention partially on the conversation going on behind her.

“Oh,” Ayako blinked in surprise at the question from Rachel. She had never been asked that before, most of the time when people hear Yakuza the questions kind of stop. Images of her bloodied childhood home flashed across her mind, a spike of anger running through her. Taking a deep breath she brought her drink up to her lips as she pondered how to answer the question. Tipping the glass back she drained it of the remaining alcohol before gently placing it back on the bar.

“Revenge,” She didn’t want to fully reveal everything, especially in a bar with prying ears, but for some reason she felt like she could trust Rachel. “But, that is a story for another time, I wouldn’t want to bring down the mood. Besides,” Ayako shifted her eyes and slightly nodded her head backwards in gesture to those behind her, “I don’t think we are in friendly company.” She was hoping Rachel wasn't intoxicated enough to make things obvious, getting into a conversation with Lillian was not on Ayako's to do list.

Interactions: SnowStorm42 SnowStorm42 | Mentions: Sepokku Sepokku SidTheSkid SidTheSkid

35c5f647bffdcd17ed80f8af684ea373.png

JACOB HARDWHICK
╬════════════════════════════════════╬
Mood: Relaxed

╚══════════════╝

"You make a fair point Mr. Faust. Anyone in here would probably buy one of your weapons in a heartbeat, but what's the point if they go to competition a week later?" Jacob asked rhetorically, in agreeance to what Faust said. He himself found that finding candidates for his cause to fight Imperium wasn't difficult at all. It was making sure they weren't spies, or that they'd stay to fight even when things got a bit hairy. Most times the most loyal were those who were fucked over the most by Imperium, but Jacob couldn't count on finding such extreme cases. He had to branch out, and so he related to what Faust was saying.

"I'm surprised Imperium hasn't bought you out. You have excellent product and I'm sure they had to have extended a hand" Jacob inquired. He was curious if it was competition or morality that kept Faust out of Imperium's pocket. The conglomerate was known to have many weapon suppliers in their pockets, which forced a lot of Rebels to buy off the black market, or import from outside sources. All very costly.

It was then the shots came, and Jacob listened, once again taking notice of how elegantly Faust spoke, even when thanking the bartender and putting in his next order. The order was a more sophisticated one than what Jacob had requested but it was ordered with specific taste. To Jacob, liquor was liquor, but to his new companion, it seemed to Jacob, that the arms dealer craved only the finest of experiences.

A voice cut in, catching both their attentions. Jacob turned to see Lillian Vanderbilt, The Omni-tech CEO, who seemed to have made her way out of her previous debate and was now engaging Faust. The two seemed to have a familiarity. Before Jacob could introduce himself though, Faust did him the favor of offering an introduction. Jacob nodded and extended his hand to the CEO. "A pleasure. I believe an associate of mine, Otto, has consulted with your company. We may have seen each other in passing" Jacob said, referring to Otto's Chop Shop. Another section that Imperium cracked down on was cybernetics, specifically chop shops. Be it legally, or illegally, a lot of chop shops were under fire from Imperium, so that people would buy their overpriced, and invasive implants instead. They did this with fines, raids, or even something as simple as limiting access to tech used in the implants. Omni-tech was helpful in that way, that they still sold to people like Otto, for a fair price, and in turn Otto could give proper implants to people in the Slums.

"Seems like I'm striking gold today in terms of business" Jacob started, only pausing to take notice of both Faust's drink, and his own being slid to them by the bartender. "But maybe we can wait for Ms. Vanderbilt to order a drink and join us?" Jacob asked.

"And perhaps after another toast, I could pry on how you two feel about that notorious resistance that's standing up to Imperium?" Jacob asked, beginning his segue into what he hoped could be a fruitful business partnership, depending on how the two felt about the Rebels, although not exactly giving away his true identity yet.

Interactions: SidTheSkid SidTheSkid Sepokku Sepokku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back