• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Immortuos

Lore
Here
Of course he got where she was coming from, basically saying that there was nothing they could do about the red plague for now, but, while he knew that Naphuron didn't need him, he couldn't help but worry about the only family he had left. The connection between a vampire and their sire was strong; the best proof was how long it had taken Diavel himself to actually act against his own sire, Lord Daxten, and how blindly the latter had trusted him. Without the sire bond he would've killed him centuries earlier.
It was the same connection that made his heart drop the second he realized that Lucian would be left to his own devices in surviving the wicked illness now. Yulian was even younger than him, so he wouldn't be of much help either...
He sighed sorrowfully.
But hell he'd never been the person to just stand by and watch. He was in a different world right now, sure, but maybe here he could find a way to eliminate the sickness.

"Okay", he finally said, straightening up and subconsciously placing his hand on hers, which was resting on his arm. Giving it a small squeeze, he mustered a determined smile. "Okay, maybe I'll be able to help from here. I could do some research, find out if there's something in this world that might help. If this traveling between our worlds will happen again, I could come back with a solution. Then I can leave Naphuron in peace and live my last few decades as a human."
That thought actually made him feel so much better.
It was weird, really, he was leading this constant inner debate between feeling guilty for abandoning his country like that and being so relieved about doing just that. Had he done enough for his people? Or did he owe it to them to live on and give his all for Irewood until the sunlight or a wooden stake would end his regency?
But about one thing Isla was right-
Right now, it all didn't really matter, with him being in a whole different world.

"Hey Issie?", he said, finally looking back at her. "Thank you. For reminding me of what really counts."
Growing a little more hesitant, he picked at the zipper of his leather jacket, giving her a puppy-eyed look through his dark lashes and strands of white hair.
"So... Are we good again? Anything else I can do...?"

He seemed to have accepted her thoughts, but perhaps it was just a front. When he said that he could do some research here, in her world, Isla wondered how much he could actually do. She doubted there was anything to learn in this world that would help in the other. But she kept the thoughts to herself. His statement about living his last few days as a human...threw her off a little. He really wanted to stay here, in her world? Perhaps because she hasn't lost her humanity that she doesn't quite understand why Diavel cherished his so much.

"Hm?" She responds at the call of her name and she blinks at his rather shy mannerism. "...Yeah, we're okay," Even if they weren't...They would be later on, she figured. But she'd felt a lot better after talking about it, and that had done a lot for her. "Actually, there is one thing..."

"Nah, I'd never ask that of you, my jealousy is my problem, not yours"

She goes back to that sentence of his and its her turn to avert her gaze. "You can be... a little bit more selfish, in some aspects," Whether he got what she meant or not she hadn't wanted to elaborate on it and would leave him confused without any care about it. "Anyway, let's go," and she turns without waiting for him to process exactly what she had said and walks over to Sol, telling him that it was time to sleep, after they all cleaned up.

That night the two had to share the living room, Isla gave them as much pillows and blankets she could, just to keep them comfortable. Starting tomorrow she'd have to figure out the finances with Diavel, if he really wanted to get a job, along with the cellphone. Aside from that, her father had not given up on tracking her down, and had sent yet another threatening message that he'd come around on Friday. She didn't think much of it, just empty threats, most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back