• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern I'll Make a Man Out of You

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
LINK to FULL OVERVIEW

This RP's concept is inspired by movies like Mulan (either version). In either genre women either never known liberation, or they once had it, but in the wake of a holocaust times have forced women back into the role of subservience. It isn't ALL bad. In some lands women have limited power, such as in Ancient Greece. But they are not warriors, they do not rule. They have no right to determine their fate.

In this RP several women from various lands in the local area have for one reason or another cut their hair and disguised themselves as men. They have "sold" themselves to a "lord" that is in need of mercenaries, but clearly can't afford top of the line quality men to train into soldiers. He is taking the bottom of the barrel. Still as times are harsh - and one must eat to survive - these women need work. And it is either this, or less glamorous positions.

They may come from a variety of backgrounds, should in fact. But I do NOT want a dozen princesses. One country noble's seventh daughter ... maybe. Really, the more common their origins the better. Butcher their families, have their hometowns raped and pillaged, have Dad die of disease or battle, be some blacksmith's daughter disappointed for the lack of a son, or refuse to marry that A-hole of a noble. Lots of options.

They must successfully pass themselves off as men. They will not even know one another are women until later in the RP. Then as the story develops they will begin to learn that they are ALL women - all the new recruits. (The trainers consist of three men and two women.)

Setting

Post Holocaust - Centuries after the Earth has been embroiled in a nuclear war known as Skydark, mankind is finally coming out of another dark age.
Technology includes up to black powder weaponry, a secret closely guarded. Old baronies (city states) are beginning to collect into small kingdoms. Marauders ravage the countryside. The remnants of old cities of the Ancients are being mined for steel - creating Steel Wars.

The recruiting scene that starts the RP takes place in Rock City (near Chattanooga, TN). Old Chattanooga is heavily patrolled by Rock City. The lord of Rock City is conquest hungry and wants to control all the lands visible from his home. He is currently trying to enlarge his castle while expanding his domain. But he is a man of law and order and not a depraved A-hole like many barons.

One contracts have been purchased, the group will head south (toward Florida).

I'm REALLY Interested!!..but I suck at detailed RP's...my max is like..4-6 lines unless I'm doing a starting or character development post..and even then it's only like.. 10-12... (:3)(' :) )

This is a link to another RP I do. It should give an idea of what I am looking for.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/area-53.137982/

Some of the shorter posts don't quite meet the standards I am looking for, but I think the more they RP and develop their characters, the better they will get. Strong suggestion for you would be to get a good idea of your character's personality and background first. A little more effort there before you start will help you RP better later. Bear in mind that I have been roleplaying since 1980. And I won my first short story contest in 1975 at age 13. I published a non fiction book as an editor at age 26. I do NOT expect everyone to write like I do. And in fact there are many on this site that write creatively far better than myself. I consider my own skills mediocre, lol.

Mitheral said:
This is a link to another RP I do. It should give an idea of what I am looking for.
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/area-53.137982/

Some of the shorter posts don't quite meet the standards I am looking for, but I think the more they RP and develop their characters, the better they will get. Strong suggestion for you would be to get a good idea of your character's personality and background first. A little more effort there before you start will help you RP better later. Bear in mind that I have been roleplaying since 1980. And I won my first short story contest in 1975 at age 13. I published a non fiction book as an editor at age 26. I do NOT expect everyone to write like I do. And in fact there are many on this site that write creatively far better than myself. I consider my own skills mediocre, lol.
oh, ok!! xD I'm only 13.... I've won a few writing awards and my auntie is an actual writer... I'm good at grasping my characters personality and backstory and have a high vocabulary although my spelling and grammar can sometimes be a little off, but most off my friends edit for me! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back