• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings for infinity > partner search

cheri

uh
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
for infinty & beyond​

I'm in the mood for character-driven stories, something with substance and detail that I can sink my mind into. I still would like it to be casual, in terms that I'm not very strict, but I do want someone committed and hopefully long-term.

As a writer, I'm flexible on a lot of factors. I play most genres, excluding fandoms, canon characters or a rigid historically accurate plot. Aspects of realism are important, but I'm not looking to be constantly corrected or have to pour hours of research into writing one post. It's absolutely no fun and unfair to both you and me. Basically, I like my creative liberty while still keeping structure- I hope I explained that right.

I have romantic elements in plots, but I always wait to see how fast the burn will be since the chemistry can be mixed and I hate forcing anything. All my characters vary in terms of sexualities, backgrounds and traits. I allow every one of my partners to pick their character's gender unless we've talked about it and we both agree on a pairing idea. I've always been a bit prejudiced against female/feminine-writers only because of the drastic ratios, but I'm willing to accept them so long as it's a fxf roleplay. I'm very gay in real life, but I can do hetero relationships, mxm, non-binary and trans characters without any problems!

No, I will not double for the sake of gender and romance. I can double, and we can definitely talk about it further if you're interested!

My writing length is all over the place, I'm gonna be honest. Generally speaking, it's about 500 words or way more. But, I'm okay with anything, as long as I can work with it. Also contribution? I can't be the only one moving the plot or taking charge every time. I communicate if I have problems, and I would appreciate the line to be reciprocated. Considering I'm looking for a long-term partner, OOC chat is welcome but not required. Communication, again, just makes sense. I'm patient to an extent, but if I make a mistake, and I will. Let me know. We can talk!

A sample thread, here, if you wish, but please note, these are works that I'm very proud of, and they usually have high word counts.

Starting off in these tabs, this one contains basic ideas of what I'm interested in, any fandoms, pairings or small ideas. The second tab is where I keep my plots. Both sections are open for interpretation, suggestion and tweaks.

Pairings

001. necromancer + herbalist/medic
002. the hex girls
003. demon + demon hunter
004. knight + royalty
005. ww2 soldier + medic
006. agent + asset
007. vampire doctor
008. vet + injured animal shifter
009. bounty hunter + creature
010. gang member + gang member
011. resurrected being + scientist
012. foreigner + local
013. assassin + other
014. siren + sailor (f//)
015. wandering spirit + host's friend (ask, there's more to this)
016. Frankenstein + their creator
017. CEO + mafia
018. immortals
019. personal caretaker + client's son/daughter
020. angel / demon + human
021. pirate + princess/prince or siren
022. two enemies soldiers
023. witch + demon familiar
024. herbalist + decreased
025. fictional character + real-world person
026. performance-arts students, Hollywood U, so artist + artist, any type
027. ruler of the underworld + this newly added smart ass that annoys them, who might've been sent to the wrong place
028. new trainee + mentor's assistant
Concepts

a. a scientist is developing a new drug that will raise the dead but's stolen. Without anyone to explain it, the thief throws it out. Hours later they find out what the serum was for and decide to see if it's still where they left it. Instead, they find the vials broken and have sunken into the soil. In an unmarked grave, a corpse awakens, fully restored but with hardly any memory of what's happened. This is kind of your responsibility now.
b. adventurers come across a desert island. Its grounds have a terrible curse for the creatures and tribes that inhabit it. This modern (depends on what you consider modern at the time) civilization is stuck on it, deciding to research it while they figure out a way home. The only flaw is that the inhabits plan to use them as a vessel to the mainland, in order to spread their corruption (magical corruption). There was a very specific reason they were cursed to stay upon it.
c. some kind of AOT/SNK inspired world, where there are beasts that run rampant, so a team is created in order to kill them. No canons, please, and I would like to still have liberty instead of just taking right from the script and history.
d. new technology allows you to take control of someone's mind. An agency uses this technology to assassinate people without casting suspicion on anyone. This becomes a problem when the assassin starts confusing themselves with the host + their significant other
e. all-female armies like Valkyries, Dora Milaje, Amazonians
f. a mxm mulan story. Pretty "straight"-forward.
g. I'm interested in dark-academia, likely supernatural but not HP, if that makes sense.
h. in a d&d-esque world, your character makes a very large mistake. They're offered a deal to go back in time to prevent it from happening and they accept. The one catch is now, my character, has a connection to earth again and is granted their physical body. Another catch is that your character needs to live in order for mine to exist in this realm. Little hard when your character's a rogue who does dangerously stupid jobs for money.
i. an extraction team is sent into dangerous territory to recover an asset. They arrive at the meeting spot, only to find out two things. One, it's an ambush, and two, their assets is a person, a prisoner, if you will. One member of the team is separated from the rest, stuck somewhere with the prisoner. Does this work out? In no one's favour, yes, but with enough near-death experiences, it could.
j. a sapphic or gay relationship in the 1960s, soc-greaser type of thing
k. a supernatural detective and a local demon team up to do some good, in really, really bad ways
l. two cop partners. One is dirty, secretly a criminal and the other one is very much not. This is intended to be a "villain corrupts the hero" type of situation. Squint at NBC Hannibal, and you kinda see what I mean.
m. angel hunters, something we don't hear about often, but they exist. Something like that, maybe a strong hunter meets their match with a certain angel? Not by turning them good, no, but just being smart and matching their talents with their own.

[u[Basic genres[/u]
Modern - crime - dramas - romance + platonic - cyberpunk - futurism - 1960s + 1970s + 1980s - 1940s [ww2 focused] - fantasy [high, low, modern] - medieval - d&d - dystopian societies

Plot ideas with some backing, but nothing is truly set in stone and my interests are much wider than what's mentioned in these ones.

UNRAVELLED
fantasy - modern - gods - romantic - slow-burn - angst​
The balance between love and destruction is fine. Various entities have struggled to maintain the balance but have never truly succeeded in tilting the scales too far into their favour. In a modern world, the embodiment of love is cleaning up the mess that the chaotic lust created. This "Cupid" figure is supposed to guide humans on their misadventures through romance while Lust does the opposite. For as long as they can recall, their lives have only ever been about other people and what they want. Having been locked into this lifetime from the very beginning of life, they aren't even sure what the "end goal" is, considering neither plans on relenting or dying (or being killed, at least not yet).

They stumble upon each other on a certain day, upon trying to fix the marriage of a celebrity couple, they meet again. Having beaten each other to the punch, it's now a back and forth as they try to sway the couple in their respective direction (one to sin, the other to purity). It's through this that they begin to realize they aren't that different, that they can understand each other. The reality is that Cupid is exhausted from being this selfless saviour, having never gotten to experience their own love, always giving up their whims to help others. Lust is tired of giving themselves away, searching for some kind of connection that isn't superficial. There are no rules that say they can't fall in love, but since no one's ever tried, no one truly knows what could happen.

WALLS COULD TALK
f/f - medieval - redemption - dark - angsty - dramatic - dystopia​
The kingdom of Argon breeds and shapes soldiers in the art of war. While on the outside it seems like a peaceful country, a nation lead by a kind hand, it hides its flaws behind sky-high walls that surround the palace on a daily. Their version of poverty is not having the right dress to wear to a ball, as in they don't have one (at least not the traditional definition). This kingdom seems perfect, ideal, in a world where everyone is taken care of. What society lacks to notice is that the kingdom thrives on the downfall of others. They steal money from fallen enemies, ransack lesser villages and erase any possible threats to the throne. There is no limit to what this leader won't do in order to dominate the world.

A battle is slowly brewing in the distance, a war between two long-standing rivals. The princess of Argon is set to marry the prince of their enemy, in an effort to appear as peaceful as possible. She travels across the country to move into the castle while they prep for a wedding. What the prince doesn't know is that heir to Argon was actually sent to kill him. It's a plot to overthrow the kingdom once they are married and the land has been shared through signed treaties. However, upon arriving at the foreign castle, the princess comes across the prince's personal guard, a female soldier (as this kingdom trains an all-female army, whereas others select only males for, well, obvious reasons).

Creating an attachment to the personal guard, the princess is at a standstill, unsure of what to do. In that brief period, the guard finds out the plan all along and throws her in jail. The war commences and the princess, faced with the true horror of the battlefield and what consequences her actions, tries to convince the soldier that she can be of use in this battle.

(Note: I'm looking for someone to play the princess. Possible for mxf)

EUPHORIA
modern - drugs - murder - messy - mystery - who dunnit​
Moving on from their troublesome past, Muse A finally feels like they have their life back together. In a prestigious college, with a fair income and a good group of friends, nothing seems to be wrong. On the verge of entering a new relationship, nothing could be going better for them. One of their friends introduces them to Muse B (someone from the opposite spectrum. Not attending fancy schools, definitely not living comfortably), claiming they might get along well. As to why they suddenly decide to make the introduction is unknown, but the two meet very briefly. On that same night, that same friend is tragically killed in what seems to be an accident. The details aren't yet known but that plunges the makeshift family into grief. It's revealed a few days after that Muse A and Muse B find out that they're somehow suspects in a case of foul play.

Their connections to the mutual are complicated, friends of friends starting to get involved as different people begin coming clean about what really happened that night. Everyone thinks the duo had something to do with it but trying to prove their innocence is hard when no one can prove anything. Ending up in a complicated ordeal involving shady drug deals, addicts, sobers, some gang activity, it's a whirlpool that's dragging everyone down with it. It really makes you wonder, how much do you truly know about the people sitting next to you?

This can easily be a doubling roleplay or something with a lot of potential for sides. A lot of development, mystery aspects and plot twists.

Don't see anything you like? Suggest your own ideas! Leave a message if you're interested c:

Last edited:
  • Just some old content that I've pushed down. See something you like? Let me know, we can discuss it!​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back