• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom If I had a Heart

Ivar glared at him, "You don't know the mistake you are making right now Harald." He spat, ignoring his brothers' protests as he snatched the jug from Max's hands, scrambling to stand up and lean on the table before hurling the jug towards him, only missing and it hit the jarl's wife, square in the stomach, Ivar himself going a little wide eyed having not expected it to go like that. "Shit." He muttered.

Carmen smiled and nodded "I like it. To carry on the legacy of your na-" She got cut off as she felt a sharp pain hit her, her hand immediately going there and stared at him a little in shock before turning to see Ivar stood staring back at her. "I... excuse me." She mumbled, getting up quickly but only made it halfway before her legs gave way, already feeling the blood pool between her legs "Aaron!" She called, trying to stop her voice from straining.

Aaron smiled some at her and gave a nod ignoring his father's squarl with Ivar. He frowned though when he saw the jug come into contact with her stomach. He looked over at Ivar staring daggers at him while Carmen got up to leave. He went wide eyed when he heard her yell and jumped up rushing to her "Get help! Someone help!" He called

Maxine went wide eyed as he threw the jug. She didn't even think, her feet having a mind of their own as she rushed to the Jarl's wife. She frowned when he shielded her from him before putting her hands up in defense "I can help her...I have helped other women before." She said gently before kneeling beside them "Please get warm water and cloths...a lot of them." She explained while everyone made their way out of the hall.

Carmeen frowned, just leaning into him when he lifted her and took her straight to their room, frowning more when Max tried to have him leave "No... No he is not like the others... he would do better to stay." She told her quickly, starting to get dizzy and just held onto her husbands arm tightly until they were assured it was all over, "Thank you.... but please leave us." She begged her quietly, trying to keep the tears back until the woman left and her own servants had taken away all of the blood-soaked bedding, leaving just her and Aaron where she finally broke down sobbing into his arms "How could he?!" She cried out, shaking badly.

Ivar got up and went to leave as well, seeing the commotion and wanting to avoid Aaron's wrath but he was so wrapped up in that he had missed the way Ubbe had stormed towards him, "Do not look at me like that. He does not speak of you the same he does of me!" He yelled at him "No one ever shows me respect!" He screamed in fury, seeing it was only him and his brothers left in the hall plus the servants, wondering where Harald had left to

Maxine quickly followed them to their room. She tried pushing Aaron out but stopped when the woman pleaded for him to stay. She helped her through it all before quickly cleaning her "Yes m'lady." She said softly when asked to leave and quickly rushed out.

Aaron held his crying wife to him and frowned deeply "I...I do not know my love. I am sorry." He whispered shutting his eyes tightly as tears threatened to escape. He was devastated as well by this, he had been so extatic to finally have a child of their own.

Ubbe glared at him and pushed Ivar to the ground "And you think acting like a child is the way to get it?!" He yelled before he started in on him letting all of his anger out "Act like a man Ivar, be Viking, not a child." He spat before going to his own room.

She just held onto him tighter until she fell asleep both from the pain and running out of energy, her grip only slightly loosening on him.

Ivar lay there groaning in pain and eventually got himself up, trudging into his room to find max cleaning herself up. “What happened?” He asked her, hiding his face while he dragged himself to the bed.

Aaron moved to lay in bed with her holding her close. He sighed heavily kissing the top of her head before he too fell asleep in their bed.

Maxine looked up when she heard Ivar and gave a heavy sigh "She has lost the child, they will be with the gods now." She said quietly. As she finished cleaning her arms she turned to look at him going a bit wide eyed "What has happened to you Ivar?" She asked quietly starting to prepare another bowl of water for him.

He frowned and sighed. “Better there than here.” He muttered and waved her off. “I’m fine. I am fine!@ he yelled at her, knocking the bowl over onto the floor then sat on the edge of the bed, working on getting his clothes off.

Maxine glared at him as he told her off and spilt the water all over her. She took a shaky breath before finally pushing him into the bed "No! No you will lay here and let me tend to you!" She yelled before catching his hand in hers when he went to smack at her "You are in this position because of yourself Ivar. You killed a woman's child because your childish ways! All because you wanted to upset Harald, because you find it fun. There is a reason no one loves you Ivar the Boneless, because you have no heart or soul. You hate that you are treated as less of a man, as a child, and yet you continue to act as one." She hissed down at him giving him a stern look "The gods will never welcome a man like you to Valhalla." She spat before letting him go and going to make a fresh bowl of water.

He stared after her a little in shock and just kept watching her clean him up; not saying a word but not able to keep his eyes off of her face the whole time, feeling like he was suddenly seeing her in a different light.

Maxine started to clean him up afterwards but stayed quiet. She checked his body and gave a small sigh "Your brother took pity on you. He did not hit your body to break your borns." She muttered before helping get his braces and clothing off "Goodnight my lord." She muttered before moving to lay on the floor like she usually would whenever they traveled.

He frowned and looked over at her. “There is room in this bed.” He told her gently, relaxing when she did eventually join him on the other side, “goodnight.” He mumbled drifting off

Carmen woke up in the morning to see Aaron tending to the fire and she slowly got up, changing into a loose dress for now, leaning back when she felt her husband behind her. “What will you do about our guests?” She asked him quietly.

Maxine frowned softly but eventually moved to lay with him "Goodnight Ivar." She said quietly before she soon fell asleep. She awoke the next morning frowning softly when she saw Ivar laying there awake. She quickly scrambled to get up "I am sorry my lord, I did not mean to sleep late." She said quietly

Aaron heard his wife shuffling around that morning. He finished tending to the fire and went to lay behind her "I will send them away today." He whispered softly to them before kissing the back of her head "They may eat breakfast and leave after."

She nodded and moved to face him. “I love you” she told him quietly. “I’m so sorry.” She whispered, shaking a little.

He just shook his head. “I would have woken you up if you had. I did not sleep. I was worried the jarl was going to come in and kill me.” He chuckled to himself

Maxine gave a small nod and got up going to brush her hair. She looked at him some giving a small sigh "Would you like your braces?" She asked quietly before going over to look at his cuts "You will heal fine." She murmured quietly

Aaron shook his head hushing her as she spoke "Shh do not be sorry. You have done nothing wrong." He whispered before he made her look at him "The gods, possibly Loki, played a cruel joke. We will have our family. I promise it to you."

She frowned but nodded and held him tightly, hearing movement out in the hall and frowned. “I can’t face them.” She told him quietly.

Ivar just nodded and allowed her to help him for once without protest, getting up and went out to get something to eat, seeing Ubbe already there but Ivar tensed when he saw the jarl walk out to them.

Aaron gave a small nod to her and sighed heavily "You do not have to go out." He murmured as he heard the sounds of people in the hall "I will tell them now." He whispered before moving to go out to them. He glared over at Ivar before sitting down "Good morning. I hope the breakfast is good. I apologize but I will have to ask you to leave after this." He explained to them.

Maxine sat behind Ivar eating on the piece of bread he handed her. She gave a heavy sigh as she heard Aaron but kept quiet as they all ate.

He grit his teeth and stood “We travelled four days to get here. And we have been here less than a day. Is that really any way to treat your guests?@ he questioned him.

Ubbe frowned and shook his head. “Ivar! Sit down.” He told him firmly while he stood and followed asron. “How is she?” He asked him frowning.

Maxine frowned deeply at Ivar shaking her head softly 'Ivar she has just lost her child, this can be done another time.' She heard Hvitserk say to the youngest son of Ragnar.

Aaron glared at Ivar and moved to walk with Ubbe. He took a deep breath and watched Ubbe "She is very upset. Broken." He explained quietly before running a hand over his face "I am hoping she will be okay."

He grit his teeth and sat down shaking his head. “Then we should leave.” He muttered rolling his eyes.

Ubbe frowned and shook his head. “Thank you for not taking it out on hkm. We will be gone by the hour.” He assured hkm and left him to it again

Aaron gave Ubbe a small nod and frowned deeply "I cannot promise anything if he starts anything again." He said seriously before going back into his room. He sat down with Carmen and gave a small nod "I will have the thrals bring you some food. You must eat my love."

Maxine got up as she finished her small amount of food and went to pack everything away for Ivar. She looked over at him as he walked into the room and stood straight "Everything is packed my lord." She said softly

She just nodded and watched him. “I want them gone.” She told him quietly, sitting up carefully. “Your father included.”

Ivar nodded and trowned. “The men will take things to the carts. We are riding back.” He told her gently. “Thank you. For helping her…. He would have killed me otherwise.” He told her as they made their way out of the hall to his brothers.

Aaron nodded softly "Ubbe sends his regards in hoping you heal quickly. They will be leaving within the hour. As for my father, he has still yet to make his presence known." He murmured before sitting on their bed beside her.

Maxine gave him a nod as she started to walk with him "It was not a problem my lord." She said softly. She was a bit confused with him at the moment, Ivar was not the one to thank people, especially a servant.

She just nodded and leaned back, frowning with an arm around her middle and staying quiet, not moving until someone brought her food and she nibbled quietly on it, staring at her bedsheets.

He frowned and just nodded, getting help onto his horse and watched her get on hers "You haven't done this much have you?" He grinned with a glint in hiseyes as he saw her looking nervous

Aaron gave a heavy sigh as he watched her. He tha ked the thrawls as they brought her food before stepping out to find a guard "Find out where my fadir is a bring him to me." He commanded before going back to Carmen.

Maxing took a minute to actually get onto her horse and position herself properly. She looked over at Ivar shaking her head "No my lord, I was not able to do such luxuries." She explained

Carmen watched him carefully as he came back in, "We will fix this." She mumbled "We'll have our child." She mumbled.

He smirked and nodded, "Hold on tight then." He chuckled, heading out with everyone and just like the trip there spent the majority of the time being a complete ass to everyone within a 20 metre radius

Users who are viewing this thread

Back