• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [IC]The Veil To Spurn: A Digimon Survivor Tale

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Leonard "Leo" Giovanni

1714142025076.png
Leonard was stunned at seeing such a creepy and unsettling display of a Fangmon being ripped to shreds by the same Tendrils that captured as he held the urge to barf. Meanwhile, at least physically, Dracumon seemed to be fine with this as he was mentally just disgusted. Since it broke down into digital coding... that proceeded to break down further until breaking off into multiple spools of code as one of them was being sent to his digivice which was somehow still in his hand s he looked down at this device.

"First off wh-"

He got pulled into a hug as he was going to protest he was outright kissing him on the lips as he then got shoved down. Immediately, afterward, his face instantly heated up s too many thoughts raced across his face, and his face seemed beet red as he did a high-pitched squeal. He got his first kiss, From somebody finally! He wasn't expecting it but he kissed a girl!

"SheKissedme!Shekissedme!SheKissedme!SheLiterallykissedme!" He thought to himself forgetting about the situation again and not noticing Raven approaching.

He was rolling side to side in utter joy, With Dracmon looking at his partner confused and in utter not really hidden disgust this time at Leonard as the small Vampiric Digimon groaned. "I got one, and that is... IS HE OK!?" Dracumon asked extremely confused on Leo's action as he pointed to Leo. He expected for Leo to at least have a semblance of dignity and not be gushing out like a weirdo which was making Dracmon extremely uncomfortable here, as he rubbed his forehead annoyed by this.

"It's going to be fine... This won't be a problem." He mumbled to himself as he walked away from his tamer, taking a seat as he yawned. "I'm going to take me a lil' nap." He leans on under a tree which was not far from Leo and he seemed to be asleep immediately by the snoring.

Ruth Valentine & Impmon
Interactions: Arii ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Metal Seadramon Azurian Dream Azurian Dream

”Bingo!” Impmon cheered snapping their fingers the moment their flames made a direct hit. ”And that’s how it’s done.” He puffs his chest out victoriously. He turns around in hopes Ruth caught a perfect view of his heroic act. Instead, Ruth was preoccupied with Arii. Impmon turns to the kid beside him, leaning towards Ruth who has their arms wide open. At such a height, could be dangerous. Impmon attempted to tug the kid back, but he was too big for the short imp to balance them out. They made it worse by tipping them directly at Ruth. Impmon lets out a shriek as they fall. Out of panic, they cling onto Metal Seadramon’s strand of silver hair while the other holds Arii’s scruff. ”Sorry sea snake.” He said before slipping, and proceeding to fall.

Ruth flails her arms, and catches both of them. She looses her footing in the process causing her to fall on her back with Arii on top, and Impmon on Arii’s back. Ruth was dizzy from the plummet for a minute before she comes back to reality. She sits up helping her friend up, and sighs out of relief to have them safe and sound. “Thank goodness. You’re alive.” Tears begin to well up as emotions rise. She embraces them, the best way she knew how to express content. “I’m so glad. I’m sorry I got you into this mess. Thank you for saving me.” She pulls away realizing she might be hurting the kid than anything. “I guess now we’re equal, right?” She chirped forcing herself to be strong and smile.

Impmon groans, holding their aching head. ”Don’t worry about me. I’m just dandy.” He gives a weak thumbs up while seeing stars. Ruth surprisingly smiles softly at the digimon, then turns pale at the sight of Fangmon’s form melting like some sort of anamotronic burning alive from Impmon’s flames. It was a horrific display as chunks of it’s body fell apart revealing a creepy Fangmon substitute. The blonde knew Fangmon was bad news, but didn’t expect them to be a demon of sorts. She pulls out her purple crystal gripping it tightly while holding Arii’s shoulder for protection.

”Go away evil spirit. Rest in peace, and leave us be, please.”l She takes a couple of breaths trying to slow her heartbeat only for her efforts to be futile. The ragdoll creature was persistent in obtaining Arii. Irritated, Ruth stepped forward hiding Arii behind her by stretching her arms out defensively. ”Go away evil spirit!” The hand holding the crystal is directed at the faux Fangmon. Impmon snaps out of it, assessing the situation. Ruth’s cries were enough for him to jump back to reality.

”Oh no ya don’t! Ruth!” He calls out jumping straight at the Faux digimon charging an icy punch on their right fist. It glows a neon blue. ”Take dis! Icy punch!”

Lopmon held on as tightly, as her little paws could, around Arii as the two of them slowly glided through the air.

"Don't worry new friend! I got you!!"

And she did, barely, but she did! Her ears twirled at full speed even while she strained to hold onto the young man just keeping them from dropping like a stone to the ground.

Every passing second they grew closer and closer to the giant serpent Digimon.

"A-Almost there!"

Her ears began to tire just a little.

"H-Hold on just a little l-longer!"

Her paws began to slip from their hold around Arii.

"I-I GOT YOU!!"

She didn't have him. A sudden shift in weight and Lopmon found herself flying much easier than before, while Arii fell like a brick, arms and legs outstretched and rock-solid.

"....huh...guess I don't got you..."

Being so close to MetalSeadramon worked well for the young man, caught just barely by the perched Impmon, before both came crashing down onto Ruth further below.

Róisín held onto the jutting fin of the giant Digimon, pulling herself away before she could get caught up in the pile up that followed. Luckily the trio seemed alright, Ruth happily pulling Arii into a tearful embrace while Impmon stood up with a groan of both pain and annoyance.

Relief didn't last too long as Róisín watched Impmon's fire burn away at the Fangmon's eye infested tendrils, causing the large creature to first fling the belt holding Mei before making one last-ditch effort to go after its prey, even as its entire body fell away into a creepy skeleton/wireframe.

As before, Ruth was the first to put herself forward, getting between the zombie Fangmon and Arii, a crystal in her hand as if hoping to ward off the creature like an exorcism.

"God dammit....kids!!"

She hissed to herself, giving a slight tug on one the silver strands of hair to get the Digimon's attention.

"Hey!! Keep any more of those things away from the kids if they show up, okay?! And you two!"

Quickly turning her frustrated glare at Danny and Elecmon.

"Come with me, we gotta help and see if that one's fine!

Slipping down and off MetalSeadramon's body, Róisín landed on the uneven forest ground with a small thud before rushing straight for the thrown Mei. Both Lopmon and Róisín caught sight of one another, the young woman aiming towards Arii and Ruth just as Impmon launched his first towards the Fangmon.

"Ohh! Got ya!!"

Suddenly Lopmon's glide turned into a brief nosedive, threatening to slam right into the Digimon or ground, before pulling itself back up into a cushioned glide and yelling.

"Aerial Blazing Ice!!"

Like a gatling gun, bursts of the rock sized lumps of ice shot out from the little bunny, whizzing by Impmon and splattering the ground with the icy slush, hoping to cover it and Fangmon in as much difficult terrain as possible.

At the same time Róisín soon reached where Mei was and finding the, elegantly dressed, young woman hopefully unharmed from the throw.

"Hey! You good there?!"

---------
Mentions/Interactions: MetalSeadramon Azurian Dream Azurian Dream , Arii ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon , Ruth/Impmon Pumpkid Pumpkid , Mei/BlackGabumon galvanismgal galvanismgal , Danny/Elecmon Venchi1986 Venchi1986

As the dust settled across the beach turned battlefield, Ace's directed his gaze at Fangmon. Despite everything they had thrown at it, the beast refused to stay down. Climbing out of the dirt, it continued its mad advance towards him. Ace tried to rise to his feet and mount an escape but his legs refused to budge, when suddenly the Fangmon stopped in its tracks. From its injuries, emerged a writhing mass of familiar tendrils that proceeded to tear the Digimon apart. Ace couldn't help but take immense satisfaction in the creature's gruesome fate, in his eyes it had gotten what it deserved. As the Fangmon broke down into strings of code, Ace's digivice began to glow and absorb it but for what purpose remained unclear.

Ace attempted to stand up but once again his leg's refused to listen to him. Raven seemingly noticed his distress as she swiftly called out to him. "I'm fine!" He yelled back, waving her off with one hand. "I just need a sec!" Ace was determined to maintain a façade of strength in the face of his own vulnerability but Cutemon, knowing Ace almost better than anyone, rushed to his side, its worried expression betraying its concern. With a gentle touch, it laid its hands upon him, its Healing Glow repairing any damage. Slowly, as strength returned to his limbs, Ace rose to his feet once more. "Thanks, Cutemon."

Cutemon looked up at him, its eyes filled with apprehension. "I'm glad I could help," it replied softly. "But... I'm worried... My healing powers don't seem to be working as effectively as they should. I think it might be because you're a human, not a Digimon." Cutemon's expression turned sombre as Ace silently processed it's words.

"I see," he murmured, almost as if already knew what Cutemon was going to say. "Cutemon, don't tell the others," Ace instructed, his gaze directed firmly ahead. "I don't want them worrying about me. They have enough to contend with without adding my problems to the mix." Cutemon regarded Ace with concern and unease about his decision but didn't question it. "C'mon, let's join up with the others." Ace said, before making his way slowly towards the rest of the group, followed closely from behind by Cutemon.

Last edited:
Mentions: Pretty much everyone in the scene
Interactions: Anorgos Anorgos

It seemed her plan worked but what Mei didn’t expect was how frisky the noodle dog would be as it tried to break free from the restraint. Shifting her weight about at the slightest sign of a tug Mei did a good job holding onto the belt and avoid contact with the Digimon’s gross little eye as it tried to touch her. As if it could afford to do so in this situation ugh. Their movement reminded her of those fungus ants or poor people so it would be in everyone’s best interest to not come in contact with them least they get infected.

Impmon was the first to step into the battle launching his fire bullets from his finger gun. Whatever the parasite was fire seemed to be its weakness as the flames ate away at the exposed tendrils before seeming to continue inside the creature’s body.

“Ohoho-oh,” She started before a tug ended up placing her onto fangmons back, side saddle of course, before a final buck sent her careening off. Unfortunately, unlike alligators the Digimon had no issue destroying the belt by opening its mouth once Mei lost her grip on it. As she flew Mei noticed that Arii was able to stick the landing at least. It’s a shame that she herself didn’t.

Sprawled with the wind knocked out of her Mei could only watch as the Digimon tried to yet again snatch Arii. Why would the Digimon choose them instead of her? She was clearly worth more since not to brag but Mei was taller and an educated guess would have her healthier as well. Maybe there was something her body was still missing like the creation of her servant had taken something from her. If that was the case it would make sense since Arii was the only one still eligible for a partner even if Mei always saw them hanging out with undies girl and small goth.

From her spot she witnessed the fangmon shed some of its outer shell leaving only the gross whatever it was. Apparently, the fire didn’t penetrate it enough to cleanse the beast. A pity but what was an adventure without a little hardship.

“Ara? I’m Fine,” Mei said blood trickling out along with her words to Róisín. It was fine since they had a healer after all and even with the adrenalin pumping it just seemed to be coming from where she bit her tongue in her tumble. The other Digimon pressed the advantage the group held by hitting whatever Fangmon had become with ice attacks.

Mei tried to yell, tried to ohoho even, but the only thing that left her mouth was more blood.

“Fire works,” She managed to say to Róisín while waving off any need for assistance before trying to enter the fray again. Her blackjack’s blunt force trauma would most likely just do nothing or cause the creature to burst open like a water balloon hitting a vintage dress. The best course of action she could take is trying to shield one of the Digimon fighting the former Fangmon or use her body to block any of the Digi chunks from getting on them if it decided to just explode. On the bright side it seemed Danny and Elecmon stayed back like Mei implied they should.

Black Gabumon was not having the same adventure Mei was focusing on the surrounding area in case more enemy Digimon appeared and then just focusing on not getting in the way. Thankfully Arii did not come even close to landing on their horn instead landing on the other girl thanks to the help of Lopmon. Even when Mei was getting tossed around, they stuck to their duty until the former fangmon tried to approach. Clearly Mei’s actions did not cause it to start shedding so it must have been the fire shot from Impmon.

Moving over to Ruth and Arii They took a deep breath,

“Blue Fire,” Black gabumon said before breathing out a stream of flame after the other Digimon launched their own attacks. The flame should help discourage the thing from approaching and unlike Petit Fire it would remain more controllable in case they had to redirect to a new target.

Last edited:
Arii was going to throw up.

They could feel it in the back of their throat, bitter acid threatening to expel what little lunch they'd had hours ago. The only thing that stopped their fullbody spasm at just a spasm was the vague advice in the back of their mind that, unless it was poison, the worst thing they could do in a survival situation was puke.

After fumbling their landing and bowling into Ruth—somewhat indirectly thanks to Impmon, who did them the service of landing right on top of the bluing bruise across their spine—they were forced into an embrace that had their skin prickling, the fine hairs along their neck rising with the only thought in their mind blood-coated and snarling. Hunt, it taunted, their attention having locked on the eldritch entity that had stolen them and slathered the back of their jacket in drool.

Hunt.

Ruth's words were water to their ears, muffled under the long, slow breath they drew in.

Hunt.

It was damaged. They could see it. The writhing. Like fresh entrails. There were people in their space. They could feel them. One short, one about the same height as they were. The warmth of their bodies—the smell of them—the feeling of the air compressing to squeeze past. They hated it.

Hunt.

A hand on their shoulder. Something in front of them. They could hear it, though. they could hear the crunch of paws on grass. Their focus was all-consuming. Like falling into an old game and getting lost. Forgetting yourself. They forced themself past the discomfort to roll to their feet into a low crouch, spine arched. What little remained of their mind that was not poisoned with fear so thick and suffocating it wrapped everything in a single, cloying impulse yelled. It screamed and thrashed. Bad idea, it howled with all of its might as they shifted their stance, knees bent minutely. Stop.

There were others, they thought, and the obstacle separating them from the digimon—misted nights spent yowling with the distant coyotes—resolved itself into a person. A person who was pointing a rock at a wolf made of worms.

Their mind was clear and they were on their feet like a person again before they'd even had the thought to identify them. The wolf's head followed them as they reached up to bunch Ruth's shirt in their hand and pull her back. It kept itself low, head bowed and what was left of its lips pulled back. They were not a target of chance. They bared their own teeth, a low rattle building in the back of their throat, like a dying breath. A wheeze if it weren't so deep. They were the prey.

Animals were simple to interact with. They worked on rules that were easy to manipulate and play into. If you were hunted, you must lie through your teeth until the hunter was convince it was hunted. The first to flinch lost. These were easy and agreed upon things that made sense. But there were things in the woods that didn't follow them. Humans, perhaps, but more importantly, diseased.

The first interaction they'd had with rabies had been a distant coyote dying in a field. Their second a deer running circles around a pond convulsing all the while. Third, a raccoon caught in a trap. They remembered each one well. As vividly as they could recall any memory. Maybe more so.

This. This wolf that stared at them with empty eyes and drooled as it stalked closer, sent the same shiver down their spine.

All at once, it was engulfed in blue flames, and Arii jerked their head away to shield their sensitive eyes, impulsively using the free side of their jacket as a barrier between the glare and Ruth. The sound in their throat sputtered out with a hiss that bordered on disgusted. Their voice. They needed their voice back.

Their throat hurt when they forced it from their chest. "Ruth," and it wasn't scathing or sharp. It flowed out from between their teeth like a river on rocks, lacking the grumble they had shown earlier, even if it wasn't exactly a... pleasant tone to take. "I do not think that was a dark spirit."

Kimi watched as the group enacted her plan, with Ace and Cutemon bringing a literal stop to Fangmon, allowing her partner to make an opening for Rave and Wormmon to seal the deal. But despite it all, the Champion did not run. Fur aflame, a lame leg, a sealed snout and still Fangmon continued. Until it didn't.

Kimi lifted her goggles, her eyes wide in disbelief. She watched as Fangmon tore itself apart... no... was torn apart like an unwanted card, by the tendrils that had brought Kimi to this world. Tentomon took a few hasty steps back, unsettled by what was happening. Kimi couldn't help but share her partner's feelings as what was a Champion level Digimon dispersed into a digital code. A stream of data that steadily seeped into her Digivice...

There was a pause, as everyone soaked in what had just happened. Except for Chel. Her excited shriek snapped Kimi from her spell. "Great job, Tentomon!" cried Kimi.

Turning her head, Tentomon rushed back to Kimi, the rookies unease gone at the sight of her partner. "Did you see? Did you see? " said Tentomon, her mandibles chattering with joy. "I helped everyone, just like you asked!"

Kimi couldn't help but smile at her partners infectious glee, letting Tentomon take her hand in hers. "I know I saw! You were so brave!"

A shout from Raven got Kimi's attention. Walking hand in hand with her gushing partner, Kimi regrouped with the others

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back