• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [IC]The Veil To Spurn: A Digimon Survivor Tale

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Azurian Dream

Hello To Nowhere
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The Veil To Spurn: A Digimon Survivor Tale

1710012738666.png

"Digimon almost at the brink of death as an IP in the card world came back swinging out of nowhere in April 2020 taking the trading card industry off guard. The sheer weight of its power helped push the Digimon IP back to the forefront in competition to the likes of other highly successful TCGs. As such in simply four years it is now gracing its appeal to the annual International Digimon World Championships tournament held this year in Toronto, Canada," The announcer continued to gab, and gab about the tournament, and the history of the Digimon franchise as a beanie-wearing girl with a tea slurped lazily watching the massive projector outside the window of the player booth way above the crowds seated.

1710013123494.png

Raven Clow watched as her competition brother paced back, and forth as the extreme weight of his accumulated victories to get into the tournament was turning into intense panic at the sheer size of the stadium crowd excitedly watching from below for the first round of the card game section of the competition for day one of the Digimon celebration. She had accepted a job hilariously as his "bodyguard" knowing it was she knew Mom, or Dad wouldn't agree to come to this chaos. It was funny in the smaller venues up till this point back in the States he never had this problem. Yet now in the implication of true showmanship, her brother was a noodle jello mess.

"Man card games really be racking in the money nowadays don't they," Raven lightly spoke to her brother who had started to gauge the realm of potential mistakes with the edits to his deck for this match.

"What? Ya? Maybe? OH GAWD SHOULD I HAVE GONE WITH MY OMNIMON SET OR INSECT SET INSTEAD MAYBE I CAN EDIT IN A REACH AROUND STRATEGY," her brother freaked out causing her a lazy smile as she placed her hand on his shoulder with him turning to her expecting warm words to ease the tides of panic.

"Bro you already submitted your deck rules state it's too late to change anything," with those words alone her brother dropped to his knees in defeat. While at first this seemed a bit cruel the irony was Raven knew her brother the most, and there was a reason he had asked her to come. He was at his best in a panic so the best thing for her to do was simply help guide him to his epiphany moment without careening into a wall.

"THIS YEAR'S FIRST-ROUND CHALLENGERS ARE NONE OTHER THAN THE TWO NEWEST POPULAR PICKS JAIME CLOW WITH HIS STALWART COMMANDER DECK, AND WILD CARD KIMI"COOL GIRL" YAGA WITH HER GRAND SLAM DECK WITH ITS WELL-KNOWN LATE GAME RUSH STRATEGY."

"THEY PUT ME UP AGAINST THE WILD CARD AHHHHHHHH," Jaime screamed in terror causing Raven to raise an eyebrow remembering her brother talking about this girl a few times when the selection process of the tournament had begun. Apparently if one were to believe the rumors she came swinging into the international scene out of nowhere, and was a strategic force to reckon with.

"Well I mean at least you get to test your defense deck against an aggressive deck like you wanted," Raven pointed out using her pinky to point to the projectors showing his opponent. Jaime sorta froze at the logic there until hilariously he started to nod.

"Ya you know what you're right I got this in the bag I am the unmoveable wall to her unstoppable force all I gotta do is drain her resources to the brink of lethargy," he spoke finally getting up and starting to even jump in place as if getting pumped up for a big workout.

"Ya this is your dojo bro go out swinging or don't go out at all," she smiled humoring at her brother's swift switch nature as she opened the door with him bellowing out a battle cry.

"THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME."

"WOOOO GO JAIME," Raven spoke finally showing some upbeat emotion as her brother went running out towards the competition battle table shaking her head at his boundless energy once he got his mind set on something. Digimon was his thing his bread and butter and though many were confused about a hobby turned into a lifestyle there were few more passionate about it than her brother. Also, it was just nice to have a single thought as to what Christmas and birthday presents for one person were to be too. As she let go of the door to take a seat at VIP seat to watch her brother match there was suddenly... silence.

Raven paused and turned around the straw of her drink finally leaving her mouth at the sight of her brother frozen in place as the whole stadium everything in her sight suddenly was without natural color and dwindled into an unnatural black, and white setting other than herself. She was about to rush to her brother went the computer in the room suddenly unleashed an unbearable scratching sound causing her to drop her drink and take a few steps back away from the noise. As she looked up from the pain the computer screen produced nothing but static as what appeared to be floating veils of cloth made of blue abysmally dark blue started to exit the screen floating out in droves and blocking the door splitting her away from her brother.

"I... Just... Want... To... Feel... That... Warmth... Again..."

Confusion, panic, and sheer overwhelming emotion were now in turn hers to bear as she turned to run away. The static-veiled clothes came alive grabbing all over her body and easily uplifting her with a sudden yank, and scream she was gone along with many other victims as the world returned to its regular color unaware of those it had just lost.

The wind... the wind rushing past her face Raven's mouth opened a gap as if taking a rough breath of air for the first time in a long time yet as she tried to breathe the overwhelming sense of turbulence set back her senses as she opened her eyes wide quickly realizing she is plummeting wildly through the sky. Letting out a baffled scream as she spun around she noticed many others doing similar out in the distance around her. She wasn't the only one falling, and with every ounce of strength she had she coursed corrected herself stomach down to see below. Wide eyes quickly took in a bizarre sight a vast land mass equivalent to a continent filled with unnatural habitat biomes all mixed against one another with the center being overtaken by a massive mountain from the project of their descent she could conclude they would be dying at the edge of a forest like an area's seaside... not much solace in that was there.

Yet in the descent of it all a mass flurry of colors started to emit from everyone's hand as Raven realized her phone was blitzing out a light green. How she hadn't let go of it in her unconscious state or even at this very moment was a mystery in itself. Yet what only aimed to vex her more was its morph from a flip phone into a touch screen-like device extremely similar but at the moment unidentifiable state. As the device went haywire its screen was flooded with her personal information before accumulating it all into an egg-shaped pixel on her screen yet at the apex of confusion she instead returned her sight to the ground shielding herself and expecting an untimely end before realizing... her momentum was gone.

"Huh," Raven bared cluelessly as she found herself seemingly levitating off the ground just by a mere three feet warbling about for a second as her phone rung out a message.

"Digital Data scan complete Bio-Data collecting now."

Without warning, Raven felt a sharp piercing jab from her phone into her palm as a literal sample of blood was drained from her. The once detailess white egg on the screen started to take form with a prominent green web design with mythical-like red flames underneath before topping off with what was at her best guess a design a beehive mirror design on top. Before she could give weight to her opinion her literal weight returned to her as she smacked straight into the ground groaning a bit in pain at the lose of her flightless ability.

A voice chuckles out in the distance causing her to raise her head up turning towards the ocean now realizing she appeared to be atop of some shrine like alter pillar with a massive staircase leading to land. The altar shrine wasn't anything amazing just rather grey with a somewhat simplistic look as far as altars could go. Off at the edge of it towards the ocean though as a woman casually fishing her clothes made up of what almost appeared to be a cosplay on a sleuthing detective.

1710021079422.png

With a twist of a smile, she seemed to wave at Raven and everyone else who was now grounded from the fall. Realizing everything she had just experienced all at once Raven shot up looking around and looking for her brother, or any semblance of society to which none existed it seemed there was just the pillar, the forest, and the fishing woman.

"Well look at that right on annual time this year's victims.... oh don't worry I'll give you the tour of hell once you are all done falling in." Her words were at first confusing as the woman laughed again as the pillar started to shake. Something powerful could be felt in the edge of the pillar edge from the ocean stirring hostile waves before eclipsing a silhouette bashing out from the depths. A powerful creature made of metal looked toward all those present with menacing eyes something they would all recognize all too well... a Digimon... a real-life Digimon.

1710021507268.png

"Welcome to your best and worst nightmare Skyfallers," the woman laughs echoing out into the brand-new world Raven, and the others now found themselves in.

"Chel... be nice to them...," the sea dragon suddenly spoke.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................​

Last edited:
Despite the crowd being wild with anticipation Mei sat in silence watching the stage where the tournament was about to begin. Her parents would have never allowed her to sit amongst the peons nor would they spend money to have her in one of the seats next to the stage like some sort of peasant. After all, it would be far easier to force the winner of the tourney to meet her at a later date if she so desired. Still, Mei was glad to be where she was since such places packed to the brim with excitement were not to her taste and glancing over at her fiancé they didn’t seem to be his either.

Mei was grateful that he had agreed to take her on this single outing before the plans for them to marry proceed...even if she was under supervision from the servants on her parents’ orders. The screen before her listed off some different facts and figures as the announcer talked about how the card game brought the series back from the brink of death but it seemed to have a ways to go to recover if they were holding the world championships in Toronto of all places.

"THIS YEAR'S FIRST-ROUND CHALLENGERS ARE NONE OTHER THAN THE TWO NEWEST POPULAR PICKS JAIME CLOW WITH HIS STALWART COMMANDER DECK, AND WILD CARD KIMI"COOL GIRL" YAGA WITH HER GRAND SLAM DECK WITH ITS WELL-KNOWN LATE GAME RUSH STRATEGY," said the announcer.

Mei understood little to nothing about what those terms meant in context to the game. Turning to her fiancé to ask him if he knew the players at all but the question died in her throat as he seemed busy ordering one of the servants to fetch him something.

A hush fell over the crowed…well, it seemed to be a hush falling over everything before a terrible noise came from the screen in front of Mei. The only thing still colored in the suddenly drab world. Floating blue veils wafted out from the static filled screen and Mei knew it was a moment just like in the stories she had read. They reached for her and Mei bolted out of her seat to reach for them in return. While it was not the way she had planned on escaping she would embrace it all the same. If words were spoken, Mei missed them over the sound of her own heartbeat pounding in her ears.

By the time Mei regained her composure she was falling. The feel of the wind whipping past her the only indication that it was not a dream as an unknown landscape stretched before her. A bright light from what was formerly her phone drew her attention to it. Information flooded the screen, information that as kept from the public, so Mei deemed it a cheeky little device as her fall lessened.

Mei held the former phone to her ear since it seemed like the fitting thing to do.

Before she could respond she felt a sharp pain in her ear. Oh! It had better have not given her a new piercing! Miffed Mei looked at the screen to see if she could see the number of who had called but the only thing on screen was some egg. Only a quick glance was possible since it seemed now was the time reality decided to kick in and continue her fall. Mei had her appearance to uphold and these strange events were not going to cramp her style so full of elegance she fell straight on her ass.

“Augh,” Mei said before standing up to take in her surroundings seeing others do the same. Scanning over them she wondered who would be good to bring to her side and who would be good to hide behind in case someone tried to shoot them to cut their journey off at the beginning.

Out of all them the woman at the edge of the alter? Shrine? Fishing was quickly disposed of as an option. Someone who had arrived before them was not to be trusted in the least since if she had time to start fishing the woman would have clearly had time to prepare something to break Mei’s fall. Not even some sort of pile of leaves or anything. Ugh!

Whatever irritation she felt was quickly replaced as a large silhouette broke from the ocean’s depths. It was a Digimon! Maybe! Mei had no clue what Digimon it was but it followed the designs she knew only having fewer guns than they normally did.

Wait. She didn’t have time for this. Mei collected herself and set to find the first victim to become her ally and be ready to flee if things went south. After all, dying before she could make a precious memory was not an option.

Last edited:

Ruth Valentine
Mentions: Mei galvanismgal galvanismgal / Interactions: Chel Azurian Dream Azurian Dream
Ruth.jpgFour quarters are inserted into the vending machine, and a tall bottle of water, falls ready to be taken. Ruth takes a sip then sighs. Nerves have taken over, being in a crowded stadium wasn't doing her any good so she steps out for a stroll to collect herself. Ruth was about to partake in the championships. It was a big deal as she's only ever competed in small tournaments. Now there is a huge mass about to watch her every movement, and on television too. Ruth leans against the cool wall disheartened. If only she had moral support, but has no one even though her parents are probably ecstatic their child is participating in a card game they have worked hard on. It wasn't the same as having the person you care about be there for her. What was she thinking? She can't afford to be ungrateful after the blessings her parents have given her. Ruth shakes away the negative thoughts before forcing a determined expression. Hearing the announcer talk about Digimon making a come back was a reminder of how much her family struggled for a bit. It was a scary low-point but they managed to get back up. Ruth never wanted to see her parents in a stressful state again. She felt like a burden taking the brunt of the stick, always in a bad mood while Ruth tried her best as their only daughter to be self-sufficient while trying to make them smile as best as she can.

The first contestants were chosen for the first round. Their names alone sounded tough, especially Kimi the Cool Girl. She's read how strong she is. Her game play is like any other. If Ruth were to go head to head with Kimi, she would have to be on her toes. The chances of her winning her first opponent is a slim chance as she is still a mediocre with luck on her side. "I better get out there and observe if I want to win." As Ruth rounds the corner, the entire hall becomes drained with color and the monitors turn static the moment an high-pitched noise rings throughout the stadium. Ruth covers her ears in hopes of muffling the sound to no avail. It pierces through, disorienting the girl. As if that wasn't enough, dark, veil appendages stretch out like something out of a horror movie. Ruth's complexion pales at the sight. Surely it was fake, right? Nope. The veils coil around her and sweep her into who knows where, blinded by a light.

The cold breeze coaxes Ruth to pry her eyes open. Clouds surround her, and for some reason she felt light as a feather. Her hazel eyes drop beneath her. An island covered in bio domes centered around a massive mountain. "Am I dreaming?" She looks over her shoulders. Several people were screaming in fear of plummeting to her death. Weirdly, some of the faces were contenders from the tournament. It finally struck Ruth. It wasn't a dream. She was falling to her impending doom. Immediately, she starts to freak out flapping her arms in hopes of somehow earning wings. "This can't be happening!" She cried holding her phone close to her chest as she comically weeps. "I know I said I love angels, but this is ridiculous. I'm gonna die." Ruth's phone begins to spazz breaking her out of her panic. The device glows an indigo-purple color transforming to something unrecognizable. "This is new." She mumbled in amazement. Above the screen is an engravement of black wings.

Digital Data scan complete Bio-Data collecting now
The sudden prick of Ruth's thumb causes her to fumble her device. "Get this evil thing away from me." The screen displays information regarding herself detailing down to the type of blood. An egg appears with patterns on it. "Is this-" Ruth is cut off as her descent slows and lands flat on her face. She groans as she turns on her back spewing sand from her mouth. As she lays flat, the ocean waves soothe her enough for her to sit up and dust herself off. As Ruth looks around, she notices she's on the shore side with a shrine nearby. Weirdly, a lady is casually fishing. She chuckles, and says something about annual victims. The word "victim" can mean plenty of things, but it's mainly never good. "Wh-where am I?" Ruth whips her head around searching for answers. The redhead gave her response. Apparently she is in hell. "Hell? No way! I can't be in hell. I've been a very good girl. I focus on my studies, cook for my parents, I even change my own underwear." She grips her brim hat in a fit of panic until a creature as tall as a tree surfaces, blocking out the sun. Their appearance strangely familiar, but it's too good to be true. "It can't be...it's a...Digimon?" She mumbled, fully entranced. "A Metal Seadramon in the flesh. How is this possible?" Ruth beckons the red haired woman. Even more astonishing is the fact that they talk.

Last edited:
Frankly, Arii thought finals was, perhaps, some poor joke some sadist had conceptualized purely for the entertainment value of watching barely-sentient children sob over their futures in the wee hours of the morning. Surely, surely, they thought, eyes trained entirely on the cruel image of 25% of total grade typed in neat Times New Roman, this was just some absurd joke. No one had their head that far in the school-centric clouds, right? There was no way someone could even have the passing thought that 25% of their grade was dependent on a single exam.

The stress headache that had been their companion throughout the whole day sharpened from a throb to a stab, stitches of pain lacing behind their eyes to sew the mouth of the part of them that offered empathy and grace as tightly as they would a thick cloak. They could send an e-mail about it. They could try negotiating.

Instead, they opened the study guide and mechanically navigated their way to the familiar youtube channel, selecting the newest of the livestream archives and setting their volume to a reasonable four percent.

They'd missed the first bit—setup and so—but they supposed it was for the better in the end. They probably wouldn't switch to music this way, and miss the whole thing in their distraction. Snacks in hand, they absently scrolled through the bare—nearly blank, really—study guide, eyes skimming the text and brain processing neither it nor the tournament livestream they had on in the background. Really, they probably should have just chosen music, but temptation was a damning thing.

And then their computer froze.

Their brain skidded to a halt—not that it was going very quickly in the first place, so it was more of a trip, really—and panic that tasted like bile rose from their heart to their tongue. "Shit," they hissed, fingers drumming on the hilt of their hunting knife to the rabbit's tune of their fear. They did not have the time to take their computer to a repair shop, nor the energy, and—

It didn't unfreeze, but the sound that creaked from their earbuds was like a robot with a demon in it, shrieking and scraping. They hadn't even noticed the veils of light at first, eyes scrunched shut as they jerked their earbuds out and pulled their phone—knife perched atop it—from the desk as if the sound was infectious. They fumbled when their arm met resistance they thought at first was their earbud wires, clarity not returning to their poor-sighted eyes for a breath too long.

Their vision didn't clear in time for them to see what engulfed them and drug them into too bright.

Reflexively, they dropped their phone as their hand tightened around their knife, the deer-antler hilt digging lightly into their palm, but the device stuck fast with a sharp pain across their arm, unmoved by their offhand's attempt at tearing it off of the arm it leeched blood from like a particularly gruesome mosquito. They only barely managed to understand the sight of the temple in their desperate scramble before they were falling.

They hit the ground on their shoulder, but just as soon as the pain bloomed a bruise against pale skin, they were rolling to their feet again, glassesless and vision wobbling with their shuddering, copper-flavored breath—injured? They didn't hit the ground hard. Fear, then. They blinked again, focused, refocused their eyes, tilted their head, and when, in the half-inhale half-wheeze they filled their lungs with, nothing immediately tried to kill them, they remembered that their ears existed.

They rung faintly, the distant knowledge of sound brushing against their current understanding of events, but nothing came with clarity, buzzing and muffled against their head where the building migraine behind their eyes reminded them of its existence. Another few heartbeats, and nothing immediately made itself to gut them, the ringing that filled their skull faded into a whistle.

The first thing they noticed was the sound of waves, and the subsequent taste of salt against the tongue that had previously only sensed blood. They flipped the blade around in their fingers from hammer grip to something that placed the back of its blade against their thumb. The second thing was that there was no way they were in their dorm anymore. The floor was solid stone—not cement or a derivative—under their shoes, and the air far too humid. They were not on campus, so it wasn't like they just... spaced out while walking to class.

The device that had been steadily pulling blood from their arm fell to the ground with a clatter and they only noticed it enough to understand what it was before their gaze settled on the... company they seemed to have very suddenly acquired. A woman, fishing lazily in the frothing ocean that rippled such that their common sense blared a warning just quick enough for them to skip back two or three steps to get out from the shadow of the long, sinuous creature that opened its mouth and—

They recognized that design. It had been one of their favorite card art pieces.

Ariiasq decided all at once that they were most definitely hallucinating, and that taking drugs right before a midterm was very irresponsible of them, and they would burn the rest in the campus barbecue grill as soon as they were no longer having what they could only assume was one fucked up fever dream. Still, while they were reliving what must be all of their ten-year-old self's greatest hits, they knelt to retrieve what they now understood was a digivice from the place they'd dropped it, knife still bared in their right hand, but stance relaxing even as they eyed the beast that spoke hesitantly and scowled at the believer-character their drug-addled brain had produced for them.

Their gaze flicked to the screen for just long enough to read the text it displayed before returning to the motley group of entities that stood atop the worn-smooth masonry.

Biodata analysis incomplete. Error.

Right. They'd have to have a talk with themself next time they were of sound mind of what not to do before a big exam.

Having just gotten home from his parttime job as a stockboy at the supermarket Danny decided to finish his homework after a quick break. Remembering that the International Digimon World Championships tournament was airing he turned on his pc hoping he hadn't missed too much.

"..EAR'S FIRST-ROUND CHALLENGERS ARE NONE OTHER THAN THE TWO NEWEST POPULAR PICKS JAIME CLOW WITH HIS STALWART COMMANDER DECK, AND WILD CARD KIMI"COOL GIRL" YAGA WITH HER GRAND SLAM DECK WITH ITS WELL-KNOWN LATE GAME RUSH STRATEGY."

"Good, doesn't look like I missed anything." Honestly Danny had no idea who Jaime Clow or Kimi Yaga were as he didn't follow the cardgame that often but the tournament was still a big deal.

"Who knows, maybe if I had some real cards I could join the World Championships one day." While he hoped he could ever be that good he knew better than to seriously believe something like that, considering he had never even been in a local tournament yet.

As the two competitors walked to the stage Danny's monitor suddenly turned black and white, only for him to realize it wasn't just his screen. Everything except for himself seemed to have lost color.

Before he could freak out about the sudden lack of color Danny was bombarded by a loud scratching noise and noticed that his computer only showed static.

The next thing he knew Danny was lifted up by some weird cloth-like material and was just barely able to grab his phone from his desk before being pulled into his computer screen.

Suddenly finding himself in the air wasn't exactly an improvement and Danny reacted in the only logical way to his new situation. "Aaah!" As he was screaming he missed his phone changing until "Digital Data scan complete Bio-Data collecting now."

As he looked at his changed phone he felt a sharp stab in his hand, but didn't pay too much attention to it as he was distracted by the fact that he was about to hit the ground.

To his surprise the landing didn't hurt nearly as much as it should have, but it wasn't pleasant "Ouch."

"Well look at that right on annual time this year's victims.... oh don't worry I'll give you the tour of hell once you are all done falling in."

Danny had plenty of questions for the strange woman but found himself distracted yet again, this time by the appearance of Metalseadramon ?!!?!!?

Last edited:
Alex "Ace" Turner laced up his running shoes as he prepared for his morning run. Popping in a set of earbuds, he tuned into a stream of the International Digimon World Championships tournament on his phone so he could listen to it while he ran. He knew his friend Ruth ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ) was participating in it so he wanted to check on how she was doing. He knew how nervous she probably was, this was a first major tournament after all, so although he couldn't be there to support her in person, he hoped that she knew he was with her in spirit.

Ace opened the door and could see the morning rays reflecting of the scattered pools of water that littered the roads and walkways from the rain the night before. As his feet pounded the damp pavement, he could hear the tournament announcer call the first two contenders to the stage, Jaime Clow ( Azurian Dream Azurian Dream ) and Kimi Yaga ( Twist Twist ). Ace breathed a small sigh of relief, if these two were the first two then it meant he hadn't missed Ruth's match. The pair's names were unfamiliar to Ace, despite their apparent prominence, but one couldn't expect to know everyone especially if their focus was elsewhere and Ace's focus was definitely elsewhere. On the cusp of a professional athletics career, running had to be his main focus now and he could not afford to divide his attention too readily lest it impact on his chances.

Ace rounded a corner and the vibrant colours of the city faded into a surreal stillness as the world around him seemed to slow to a crawl. Suddenly, a jarring noise erupted from Ace's phone and he ground to a halt as the sound painfully scratched into his ears. Ace ripped out his earbuds and his eyes darted immediately to his malfunctioning device. A strange sensation crept over him and Ace looked around. He saw that everything; cars, vehicles, people, had stopped, as if frozen in place, even the water droplets from his last stride into a puddle hung suspended in mid-air. Directing his gaze upwards, Ace noticed a large electronic billboard mounted on the side of a building producing nothing but static as numerous veiled, almost hand like, tendrils slithered out from the screen and advanced towards him. Panic surged through Ace, he turned to run but the appendages were too fast. They grabbed and restrained him before lifting him into the air and yanking him inside the billboard.

The next thing Ace knew he could hear a rush of wind roaring in his ears as he found himself hurtling through the sky. He could hear the sound of screams (including his own) as he and several others plummeted towards a strange landmass stretching beneath them. Ace put his arms out in front of him to shield his face from the worst of the impact when he noticed he had come to an abrupt stop. Before he could ponder why, he could see his phone in his hand giving off a bright light as it transformed into something else. "Digital Data scan complete Bio-Data collecting now." said the new device as it suddenly pricked his hand, drawing blood and causing Ace to release his grip on it. Ace reached down to try and catch it before it could hit the ground, just as the world lurched back into motion, and his added momentum caused his body to shift on its axis unexpectedly and he fell straight on his back, a bolt of agony shooting through his body as he landed painfully on a rock.

After a few moments, the pain appeared to subside so Ace attempted to climb to his feet. He could hear the sound of a woman's voice a short distance away. However, as he attempted to stand, pain and numbness reared their ugly heads again and his legs fell out from underneath him. Collapsing into the sand, Ace forced himself to remain calm despite the growing panic he felt in his gut. He knew he wasn't alone, having glimpsed others falling alongside him, so he called out in the hopes someone else might hear him and offer some assistance.

Last edited:
Having just finished up Their homework as they placed it away and stretched heaving a sigh of relief. "That's all the classwork and assignments done...." They mumbled. Soon Hikaru opened their laptop, as it seemed like they were just in time for the competition to begin, as They turned into the live stream as Hikaru was glancing the screen, slightly smiling.

"THIS YEAR'S FIRST-ROUND CHALLENGERS ARE NONE OTHER THAN THE TWO NEWEST POPULAR PICKS JAIME CLOW WITH HIS STALWART COMMANDER DECK, AND WILD CARD KIMI"COOL GIRL" YAGA WITH HER GRAND SLAM DECK WITH ITS WELL-KNOWN LATE GAME RUSH STRATEGY."

They seemed interested in this matchup for the first round as they heard some stuff about these two players and their decks and... it made them wonder who would come out on top as Hikaru themselves would've joined the tournament... But they were busy with other stuff not including planning for the school's upcoming events and managing all accounts for the school clubs... Sometimes Hikaru wished they weren't in this position If it wasn't for the constant reminder of them being the future heir of the family company.... and their parents' expectancy of excelling all of the others.

That was until their computer froze as not sound not heard from it as everything slowly turned black and white like an old school movie, except for Hikaru as they looked around confused. " What The...?"

The brunette felt their phone vibrating almost violently in their pocket as they pulled it out in confusion as if it was reacting to something as Hikaru felt some sort of ominous presence creeping upon them before grabbing them as they struggled to get free from it as Hikaru caught a glance of what grabbed them as they was ensnared within the grasp of cloth-like tendrils that was pushing them to the computer with them struggling to get free, and to little and no avail Hikaru couldn't escape from fate.

Soon their vision was filled with a clear blue sky as a startled scream emanated from Hikaru, as they would soon spot others that were falling alongside them as they looked confused. The phone in their hand vibrated and glowed brightly catching their attention as it was covered in a dark grey hue before the device changed before their eyes into something recognizable yet not really, as above the screen as it was black silhouette with wings.

They felt a pricking sensation with the 8-bit style egg, decorated with black and red glitching-like pattern for some reason as before they could question it. Hikaru fell and hit several branches as, each one was more painful than the other as they landed on the grass facefirst with a groan and their glasses not far from them as it seem they fell off from them falling in the tree.

(Skip to 1:38)

By the time the pain subsided and they could get up, They heard someone speaking as it was a woman voice and her talking about a new batch of victims, as they raised themselves to get a sight of the forest surrounding them and spotting several others much to their evident confusion as wasn't they just in their bedroom, Before seeing a Literal MetalSeadramon erupt from the lake as they stood there motionless and in shock.

"Wh.... What...?"

Kimi had found herself a little table and chair from which she penned a postcard to her Grandmother, her deck and a few key cards resting alongside. Overhead, practically surrounding her, were speakers and screens on which the events of the World Tournament were being shown and commented on.

This was a far cry from the little store events she had become used to in her chosen career. Falling in love with the Digimon Card game through a serendipitous gift from her grandmother, Kimi had done her best to learn the rules, master the mechanics and build a winning deck. Though their had been hurdles, with success only coming recently to her, her grandmother Rose had given her the strength to see her dream through.

Staying at home however, Kimi had come out to Montreal with her parents though she had requested they wait in the hotel. Supportive and loving, her parents didn't share the same genuine interest as her Grandmother however when it came Digimon cards. So after a quick conversation with the hotel concierge for directions to the shuttle, in near perfect English thanks to her grandmother, she had taken that instead.

She pushed an auburn hair behind her ear with her pen before resting it on the table, her message now completed. All around her, the speakers spoke as an announcement was made.

"THIS YEAR'S FIRST-ROUND CHALLENGERS ARE NONE OTHER THAN THE TWO NEWEST POPULAR PICKS JAIME CLOW WITH HIS STALWART COMMANDER DECK, AND WILD CARD KIMI "COOL GIRL" YAGA WITH HER GRAND SLAM DECK WITH ITS WELL-KNOWN LATE GAME RUSH STRATEGY."

Nervously tapping her ankle boots together under the table, she turned to her cards, her standout Digimon seemingly standing to attention before her. A number of Bushi-Agumon on which her rush relied, a handful of Piddomon to weather the blows, and last but not least, her esteemed Babamon. A wizened woman at work, this card was the very heart of her Grand Slam Deck, the key to her finishing move and now infamous strategy on the Digimon Circuit though perhaps more importantly, a homage to Grandma Rose.

She placed them back together into her floral deck box, put her postcard in her jacket and got to her feet, the lengthy ivory coattail of her 'Cool Girl' persona hovering just off the floor. Being an unknown in a foreign land and perhaps for a bit of emotional security, Kimi had crafted herself the identity for the world stage. With a long white coat with a deep red exterior and a pair of googles around her neck, Kimi had tried to emulate the 'Cool Boy' card of the DCG. Placing her googles over her eyes, Kimi took a deep breath though her nose and headed for the stage.

The air was deathly still however she could feel the electricity in the air, the excitement of the crowd, as she walked. Though she could feel the audiences anticipation, the crowd remained silent and with each step she took the world seemed to get a little darker. Resting her googles on her head to perhaps bring some colour back to her surroundings, Kimi looked to the hundreds of onlookers in the stands who stared back at her like statues. The confusion Kimi felt was prevalent on her face, though that quickly vanished as her face twisted in pain at the sound of a horrible screech. Her heart beat faster in her chest, as tailored tendrils of blackest blue seeped from every screen around her, with what was the smiling, cheering faces of Digimon fans becoming terrifying, almost mad masks goading them on as scores of the scarfs poured from every recording phone and every digital camera. Though the thousands of tendrils did not compare to the leviathan esque tentacles that burst from the giant monitors above, grabbing up Kimi like a ragdoll and pulling her away into nothingness.

Kimi held her breath, her eyes closed tight as she felt herself plummeting into unknown depths. Her skirt and long coat whipped around her, slapping at her arms and legs but she didn't care about the pain, the young girl more concerned with her deck than anything else. She had poured her very soul into making this deck, to honour her Grandmother, and she was not going to let it go. So concerned with holding on to her cards Kimi couldn't see the strange proboscis unwind from her lit up pocket. Gently it slithered across her dress, wrapping itself around the floral box Kimi desperately clung to her heart before piercing it with untoward force. The jolt made Kimi open her eyes and gasp, her eyes growing wider as she saw the ground coming up swiftly towards her.

But as soon as she saw the ground racing towards her, Kimi had stopped and with a slight jarring step she was on the ground. More confused than ever, the sound of a cry for help brought her out of her melancholy. Looking to the source, Kimi rushed to a man who lay awkwardly across a rock, though a huge splash from nearby caused her to stop dead in her tracks.

"Chel... be nice to them...," rang out the behemoth that was a real life Metalseadramon....

Raven watched as one of the fellow victims went blazing about as if looking for something to hide behind or latch to. Another girl screamed about evil, and hell acting as if they were all dead. This was a pretty chill hell so far to be honest if that was the case. As Raven stood up as another kid aight the ground flat followed by an apparent error designation from a similar phone device. Raven looked at her... digivice? Shaking her head she turned to the massive Metalseadramon before being distracted by a boy saying ouch off in the distance. That is what brought her full attention to the male that did not stick the landing so luckily. Running over to the edge of the Shrine she could see he hit the rougher jagged ends of its diameter filled with sand.

"Hey someone help me pull him,"
Raven called to another girl who had also rushed over yet paused in her tracks. Rather surprised to see none other than the tournament player her brother was just about to go up against. She went blank for a moment forgetting about the hurt male looking around to see if her brother was amongst the fallen. yet no such comfort presented itself. Shaking her head she returned to Alex signaling Kimi to help her pull him up as the last of the newcomers started to get up releasing a well-understood what from their lips.

The woman designated as Chel simply watched them all, and their unique interactions/actions upon landing she sighed a bit at her partner's request looking up at the massive mega Digimon as she stood up reeling in a rather hefty-looking bass fish. That would be good on the fire tonight. Humming a soft lullaby of a song she turned around back to the newcomers seeming to walk into the center of them all so she had their full attention.

"Alright first off you are not dead, secondly as you can see Digimon are real here, thirdly no there is no known escape from his place so I hope you have survivalist skills. Fourthly there are human settlements, but ya you might want to hold your expectations everyone here arrived the same way you did, and let's just say I expect half of you to be dead within a week so please forgive me if I seem disinterested in learning your names at the moment. Hell honestly surprised you guys fell to this shrine it's rare for Skyfallers to get the forest location. Lucky you brutal nature doesn't get your soul today," Chel spoke rather emotionless and as if she had given this speech quite a few times so much so she seemed to have the first round of questions expected down to a science.

"Chel come on."

"Yes, yes I know we're still good people. While I may not be out to protect you I will at least guide you to a safe location, but after that, I will be cutting ties with you for the most part. Though like I said survive a week, and then we can be friends,"
she expressed clapping her hands together and watching the two girls collect the unfortunate boy she did however seem more interested in the unfortunate soul with the digivice that had given him a error notice pointing at him in particular with her clasped hands.

"You in particular better make friends fast that's all I got to say. Alright, maybe any unique new questions? Come on I am starving to see if there are any unique folk among you,"
Chel asked rather brazenly.

Interactions/Mentions: galvanismgal galvanismgal Pumpkid Pumpkid ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Scatterbrain Scatterbrain Twist Twist Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu

Mentions: Pretty much everyone
Interactions: Azurian Dream Azurian Dream Chel/seadramon

Starting her hunt as Chel spoke the first time Mei already crossed off Raven who lacked the proper build to hide behind. Also, the lack of general panic from her meant she must be level headed but, just like the fishing woman she had done nothing to help Mei when she fell. Maybe the next victim would be better?

Shifting her gaze to Ruth Mei also crossed off her off for lack of proper hiding behind build. Did no one have meat on their bones? Not one person shaped like a brick mansion in her time of need? Regardless while the statements Ruth made in response to Chel saying they were in hell were endearing and painted Ruth as the type who could easily make allies, after all who didn’t want to be friends with someone who changed her own underwear, she had already beckoned to someone else. A pity.

A knife caught Mei’s gaze next. The charm of the intimate weapon was not shared with its wielder. It was wise how Ariiasq moved away from the giant Digimon but such wisdom disqualified them from being Mei’s servant.

Some may have heard an ouch but to Mei she heard a chance. Ready as she was to pounce on the opportunity of allowing Danny to becomes her servant another cry for help distracted her. Mei looked over at Ace on the ground taking note of his situation before looking back at Danny. Based on expression on his face Danny’s fall must have been similar to her own and not left any bad injuries unlike the other lad. It was good how sturdy he seemed. Another crash drew Mei’s attention but Hikaru looked more confused than hurt so they must be pretty sturdy as well.

Mei turned her back to move to assist Ace but it was already too late. The level headed Raven she first spotted was already there calling out to the google headed Kimi. Real main heroine vibes from the both of them since Kimi not only was part of the tourney but had landed gracefully before immediately moving to help Ace. Still, wasn’t it better not to move hurt people right away in case it made their injury worse? Normally Mei would have shouted it out but it seemed the little group was already forming around the injured man. Its not like the situation bothered her at all anyways since Mei was going to be the villainess…plus crowding around an injured person wasn’t a good thing to do either. It was fine. Mei could just find a branch or something to help stabilize something that may have broken or maybe make a Tourniquet.

The high only known to well-behaved kids secretly running in the hallway wearing off Mei looked for not only a stick but also a small hard object to make a blackjack with as well. Her mood didn’t really change much when Chel started to address the group. Mei didn’t even get a chance to draw attention by launching of a single OHOHOHOHO before the woman started monologuing at them from the center.

Firstly, Chel holding a fish meant at least edible things existed. Secondly, not being able to return home left Mei feeling a bit conflicted since she had only planned to be gone for the night but clearly Chel was wrong since a way to return home would appear as it always did in Mei’s stories. Thirdly, hearing that half of them would die Mei glanced back over at Ace since those around him would probably have the moral to survive either by bonding over a common damsel in distress or by sacrificing him. Fourthly, it did explain Chel’s behavior but Mei could forgive her since becoming friends just by surviving a week seemed like a deal weighed in Mei’s favor. Ara? A chance to ask questions. Chance!

“What’s the economy like?” Mei asked brazenly. Given the other info from the Chel she should be able to use her girly intuition for macroeconomics to figure out the state of things. Since the others surely had questions as well smugly, so smugly that Mei imagined her nose to be a point, Mei asked another question but not to Chel.

“Other than sea food what is Chel’s favorite thing to eat?” she asked the skyscraper of a Digimon that seemed to be Chel’s friend while scanning him to see if she could find his guns missing from his design. Ah, what a devious villainess she was opening up a chain of dialog with another woman’s partner. It was so nefarious that this small interaction could lead to them talking on the way to the village Chel would be abandoning them like a baby in allowing them to find out information Chel may be keeping a secret from them. Surely having a second view point of the world around them would be beneficial to the group.

"Chel... be nice to them...," Hearing the giant seamonster say that to the human and not the other way around was surprising at the very least. But if it meant they weren't in immediate danger Danny wasn't gonna wonder about it for too long.

Part of him wanted to keep lying on the ground and take the time to process what just happened but the speech of the woman known as Chell seemed too be to important to ignore. So, unaware of the interest of the pale blackhaired woman who also fell from the sky, he got up just in time to hear that Chell would guide them to a safe location.

Figuring the speech was over he looked around, since he was kinda curious about his surroundings. The first thing he noticed was what he thought was Kimi and some other girl helping her opponent from the tournament out of the water. "No way." It couldn't be them though, that would be way too big a coincidence. It was probably some kids that looked similar to who he saw on screen before getting transported to this place. Either way they seemed to have things under control.

It seemed like her speech actually wasn't over yet as Chell asked if anyone had any question and someone opened up with an odd but sensible question about the local economy before also asking about Chell's favorite food for some reason.

Despite everything that had happend Danny could only think of one pertinent question at the moment. "How far is it to this safe location?" Not only did he have no desire to walk for hours but it seemed like some of the others who fell down wouldn't be able to walk without help at all, which would make the trek even more exhausting as there was no way he was gonna leave anyone, even if he didn't know them, behind.

Mentions: galvanismgal galvanismgal , Azurian Dream Azurian Dream

Ruth Valentine
Interactions: Ariiasq ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon / Mentions: Raven helping Alex Azurian Dream Azurian Dream Twist Twist Venchi1986 Venchi1986 galvanismgal galvanismgal Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

ec8d27458b8006f3bc56abfed807f763.jpg Thump, thump.
The sound of Ruth’s beating heart is all she can hear at the moment. It’s not that she’s trying to seem as though the world revolves around her, but rather reality as she knows it is crashing down around her. She magically fell from the sky, transported by veils to another universe. How in the hell is she supposed to grasp that? Ruth held her device close to her chest as Chel answered a great many questions.

Oh, wonderful! She isn't dead. It still doesn't make it better on the fact that there is apparently no escape, and can possibly die in what is confirmed to be the digital world because some of them feed on humans. None of the information helped the emotional rollercoaster she was going through. They aren’t the only ones who have fallen and it won’t be the last. “S-so I’m stuck here?” Tears begin to well up as she hangs her head in defeat. “No way. There has to be a way out. My parents. My life. Gone?” Ruth balls her hand into fists, raking in a handful of sand completely distraught. She shuts her eyes tight as tears drop onto the sand. “There has to be a way out. I refuse to believe my life is over.”

The cries, and grunts from the others break Ruth from her thoughts. She wasn't the only one who was scared and here she is being selfish. A girl had called out to another with goggles for help on an injured boy. It appeared as though he had fallen wrong. Another stared at their device perplexed and injured as well from their arm. Ruth pats her satchel realizing she could at least be of use. She wipes away her tears before approaching them. “Um…hello.” Ruth started in a small voice. “You look a little hurt.” She eyes Arii’s arm as she pulls out a box of bandaids and a bottle of water. “May I?” She doesn't hesitate to tape around their wound after cleaning it. “There we go. I’m Ruth Valentine by the way. Nice to meet you.”

She turns to Mei asking about currency and Chel’s favorite food while a brunette asks about how far the settlement is. All good questions. One assuring thing is edible food that isn't Digimon looking. The size was immaculate and well worth giving fishing a try for sustenance. What didn't sit right with Ruth is how dismissive Chel is. Cold and honest, allowing a bunch of teens to fend for themselves for a week. It wouldn't be a problem for Ruth with the amount of snacks and supplies she’s carrying in her bag. However, afterwards is the issue. Whatever lies in store, Ruth isn't so sure she will survive. Sure she’s self-sufficient but not exactly knowledgeable with survival skills. She would probably be the first to go. “Why me?” She whined, shaking at the idea of dying in the digital world.

Hikaru looked in the direction of Chel confused and hearing Seadramon talk quite speaks as if this was not a dream clearly, they took a breath for a moment... They groaned as they spotted specks of dust on their glasses, took them off, and pulled out a handkerchief, wiping the dirt and grime off before placing them back on. Once Hikaru got a grasp of this situation in what Chel was talking about and her MetalSeadramon pal in their explanation, Quite not trust the pair as they crossed their arms seriously as they needed answers and they needed them now.

" I got a question, Why are we here also, Isn't it impossible for Digimon to even exist? I mean They aren't real yet at the same time..." They trailed off grumbling to themselves slightly in Japanese. Seeing a digimon defeated the question but at the same time, It sparked a curiosity yet inanimate confusion.

They turned towards the others and rubbed the temples of their head in slight frustration and annoyance... Don't get them wrong... They were afraid and shocked nonetheless in being somewhere they shouldn't be and at the same time impossible as they glanced at Mei who also asked some very good questions as they sighed, The brunette glanced at the mysterious device once more before placing it in her pocket, and soon their eyes scanned on the other newcomers as the trans female, and decided on assisting the Raven haired who were assisting with the Injured boy, and they carefully approached somewhat uncertain on this but as a President of the Student Council (Who's role will not help here) it as their duty to assist others out in their issues.

They, stopped and offered a hand in help pulling him up. "Seems like, He banged himself up pretty badly." They quipped, next to Raven as they suddenly spoke. "Need a hand there?"

Interactions: Azurian Dream Azurian Dream Scatterbrain Scatterbrain
Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid Venchi1986 Venchi1986 galvanismgal galvanismgal Twist Twist ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

Where would they even get drugs?

That was the singular thought that consumed Arii's mind as they absently stared at the flickering screen of their digivice, lips curled into a frown more borne of curiosity than frustration. They didn't remember looking for drugs—aside from, of course, their prescription—nor did they think they knew anyone on campus who even took anything stronger than CBD oil. Idle fingers drummed on the orange side of their digivice to a tune they didn't remember hearing. Could CBD oil cause them to have strange hallucinations or dreams? Was that something weed did? Man, their roommate would be pissed if they made the dorm smell weird. Maybe they'd sober up quick enough to try covering it.

All while they mused, their apparent companions scuttled about like frightened chickens, most choosing to stare at the one person who remained calm throughout. Chel, they thought the Metalseadramon said. Something something hell, something something survival, something something death, pain, and all that came with wilderness. Truthfully, they weren't paying too much attention to her until the feeling of a gaze prickled on the side of their face. Their eyes moved, and only when they had line-of-sight did they move their head, a cautious sort of energy tilting their stance. The digivice got shoved into their pocket as the woman who Ariiasq immediately decided they didn't like said something somewhat ominous about making friends quickly. Great, wonderful. Now it was their mum's advice ringing in their dreams.

They nearly jerked back when a shadow crowned in their periphery, and the blade of their knife flashed in the light from the minute movement that brought it in front to guard the injured arm that they had hidden in the deep pockets of their jacket. It took half a heartbeat for them to understand that what stared at them was a person, and another for them to realize that they were talking. They bit their tongue and swallowed a hiss that tasted like bitter venom, and offered the arm the individual in question asked for. Had they been awake, they would have been concerned over poisoning, but they were not awake, so they were not concerned, though their gaze settled firmly on the work their new... ally had started. They did, however, wrinkle their nose at the state of themself. In its gorging on their blood, their digivice had gouged a ravine into their arm, rimmed red with scratches and smeared blood all.

They weren't stupid. As much as they forgot about their past passion, they remembered the plotline of the shorts that had filled their spare time, and knew that the bright error that burned in the back of their brain was a bad thing, but the reminder lodged barbs in their throat as the woman with the sea dragon quipped easily. If looks could kill, anyone in a mile radius would have been atomized. Arii raised their head as their ally finished her work and let the coiling, caustic words from behind their tongue seep from between their teeth in a lazy drawl that dripped with a disrespect they hadn't felt for a hot minute. "Unique is certainly a word I would use to describe you," they chortled with a mirth as fake as the smile that bared teeth. "Y'know, alongside terribly dull, dreadfully lacking in energy, and about as captivating as a twig. Such a strong enterance and you still find a way to sound like the world's worst questgiver NPC." Their mouth tasted like ash and fire even as something in their chest loosened so that it was easier to breathe. "Did you come up with that little speech yourself, or did someone help you?" If they died, they might wake up. The brain couldn't process death very well. Granted, even if they did think they were awake, they didn't think they would have bitten their tongue on that remark.

There was a commotion off to the side, but there were others there and they cared more for their newest ally and the woman whose pressence was the perfect release for the fire that burned in their chest. Then, approximately a minute more than socially acceptable for a response, they registered the words that they had somewhat ran over with their own miniature rant. "Good to know the name of the person who changes their own underwear," they muttered dryly, though the sharpness was gone from their voice for the most part. "Call me Arii if you absolutely must." Their eyes caught on the cotton-white of the bandage, and the "thanks" they mumbled was nearly unintelligable before their attention returned to the woman and her sea dragon. They pointed with the knife in their hands, the tip not shaving-sharp but enough so to gleam in the light. Their fingers were lax around it, the support at the blade's back gone and replaced with a hold that braced it against their thumb and palm as if the knife was nothing more than an odd shape of chopstick. "Alright then, dreadfully-droll—" which seemed to be a name or title—"if you're so keen to see us survive, though I doubt the idea, what are the common toxic plants here." They might as well test their unconcious knowledge against their suspiciously-well-functioning-somewhat-concious brain's.

Kimi couldn't help but stop dead in her tracks as the sight of a real life MetalSeadramon. Truly massive in scale, it's grey skin was lined with cybernetics from head to tail. Absently she reached to the necklace tucked beneath her blouse.

Another call from nearby brought Kimi back, hurrying over to help the fallen man alongside a green garbed girl in a beanie. Dark skinned, with more than her fair share of jewellery, the girl looked like a cross between in a goth and a hipster with her choice of clothing. Her cry for help attracted another person, a brunette with short hair and glasses. Wearing a range of khaki, red and black, she offered a hand in helping the injured man with a laid back, relaxed tone. Standing next to each other, Kimi let them decide how they're were going to go about aiding the man.

Obviously muscular, with an athletic build, the man was on the heavier side so it might have actually taken all three of the girls to lift him. Taking one of his arms she helped the man to his feet, letting him use her body as support. Kimi watched him tenderly, realising the young man was only a few years older than her at best. Clad in a white vest and bottoms and wearing a truckers cap, he didn't seem to have any other obvious injuries but Kimi wasn't a doctor, so she couldn't be sure.

Letting him lead when he was ready, Kimi glanced at the other two girls, though the lingering frame of the monstrous MegaSeadramon in the background kept her attention. Attempting to speak, she found her words choked in the Digimon's presence. Doing her best to focus, Kimi found her hand once again drawn to her necklace. Rather big for a piece of jewellery, the necklace carried a pronounced, rectangular locket which held one of Kimi's most prized possession. Unlocked from her subconscious wandering early, Kimi ran her fingers gently across the card inside.

Wargreymon could easily handle MetalSeadramon with his Dramon Busters she thought to herself, but more importantly, upon his shield was the crest of courage. Reassuring herself with that thought, Kimi swallowed the fear and introduced herself to the small group. "Hi. My name's Kimi" she stated, keeping her focus on the other girl.

Last edited:
Ace's cries didn't remain unanswered for long and a wave of relief flooded through him as a dark-skinned girl, garbed in green, ( Azurian Dream Azurian Dream ) rushed over to offer a helping hand. She attempted to lift him up but the difference in size and body shape made the task difficult and frustration began gnawing at Ace. While she was trying her hardest to help him, his vain attempts to aid her efforts felt like little more than flailing about. The girl called out to others nearby for assistance and a figure in a long coat and goggles ( Twist Twist ) and another wearing glasses and khaki pants ( Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu ) raced to join her. Together, they formed an impromptu rescue team and their combined efforts proved sufficient enough to hoist Ace to his feet.

"Thank you." Ace said quietly to the group through gritted teeth.

Standing upright, Ace's gaze swept over the ragtag group of individuals ( ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon , Pumpkid Pumpkid , Venchi1986 Venchi1986 , galvanismgal galvanismgal ), their faces etched with various emotions, before his attention was quickly drawn to a towering serpent looming amongst the waves, its metallic scales glinting ominously in the light. His knowledge of Digimon was lacking but he managed to recognise the creature's imposing silhouette as that of a Seadramon, although which type exactly eluded him. Ace attempted to make sense of everything that was happening but the screaming voices of pain and numbness preventing him from doing so. Yet, one thing was growing increasingly clear: if he wanted to survive in this unfamiliar realm, Ace knew it would require every ounce of strength and determination he could muster.

Last edited:

Leonard "Leo" Giovanni

Racing home from a delivery run, blonde-haired Leonard burst through the door of Le Costellazioni with a burst of energy, much to his father's chagrin. "Ehi, Signore! Can't you open the door more gently?" his father scolded. "Hey, Padre! Don't sweat the small stuff!" he called out, his voice brimming with youthful exuberance. His father's reproachful glance made him pause, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. "Sorry, Padre! But there's a tournament I can't miss!" he exclaimed, his eyes alight with anticipation. Leonard's father had a small smile as he sighed knowing his son will do anything to watch the live stream, "Why don't you set up the TV so we can watch together while tidying up a bit?"

"Sounds good, Padre!"

Leonard grabbed the remote and swiftly switched on the smart TV, navigating to the live stream of the tournament. "-ROUND CHALLENGERS ARE NONE OTHER THAN THE TWO NEWEST POPULAR PICKS JAIME CLOW WITH HIS STALWART COMMANDER DECK, AND WILD CARD KIMI"COOL GIRL" YAGA WITH HER GRAND SLAM DECK WITH ITS WELL-KNOWN LATE GAME RUSH STRATEGY." Yes! He hadn't missed much, Guess it just started as his eyes sparkled, Both sounded pretty awesome, Especially that Kimi Girl.

"WOOH, GO KIMI!!!!" He exclaimed. His father chuckled at his son's excitement, as Leonard went and grabbed a broom while sweeping as he hummed to himself happily. While busy cleaning he accidentally knocked over a cup full of water and immediately Leo noticed and reached a hand to grab for it, only for it to slow down... and freeze midair..? He realized everything was silent and things grew quiet as he looked around confused, everything was turned black and white, like out of the old movies his grandmother made him watch with her, as he noticed his father was frozen as well and stepped towards him waving his hand in front of his face as he looked confused.

"This... is... weird..?"

That was until the sound of static filled his ears as he turned to face the TV and took a tentative step back; nearly tripping over the nearby desk, feeling that this was something out of a horror movie. "That doesn't sound nor looks good." as if right on cue, bluish tendrils erupted from the screen and rushed at him as he screamed, but everything went black. Soon his unconscious body was falling into the azure skies, his hair was blown in the strong breeze, unconsciously as the phone in his hand glowed and vibrated, it was covered in a black-purple hue before the device changed into something else.

"-Ow! The Heck!?"

He felt a sharp stab in his hand and he immediately awoke it was only momentarily as he glanced at what was originally his phone and inspected the device concerned and confused... distracted by the device in hand unaware of his plummet until he looked away from the device and saw the ground getting close way too quickly as his eyes widen in alarm. "Holy sh—!" he began, but darkness swallowed him once more, leaving only the sight of a blonde boy crashing into the earth, leaving an indelible impression on the ground.

Everything went bright white the moment the ground met with her face. A splitting headache and a groaning sore body was just a perfect combination to accompany it as well. Tentatively pressing her hand into the dirt...sand...whatever it was, it was enough to get the young woman to gently roll onto her back and relieving at least some of the pressure & pain she felt. Everything still felt sore, tender, her instincts causing her to cover her eyes with an arm as she felt the sun intensive her already bleached white senses even more.

"Well...guess this is different huh..." She mumbled to herself as she just laid there, her thoughts of what happened slowly piecing together as the pain started, and rather quickly, begin to fade.

------10 Minutes Ago------

"...JAIME CLOW WITH HIS STALWART COMMANDER DECK, AND WILD CARD KIMI "COOL GIRL" YAGA WITH HER GRAND SLAM DECK WITH ITS WELL-KNOWN LATE GAME RUSH STRA..."

Róisín was already beginning to tune out the announcement. From waiting the past few hours due to the time difference, to dealing with streaming and lagging issues, to finally get everything sorted just to hear the rattling of names and statistics she already, vaguely, knew about was possibly nearly the final nail in the coffin that would send her off to sleep with a pissed-off mood to a wasted day and night.

With effort and an exasperated grunt, she pushed herself up and away from her bed and laptop, deciding there and then to keep herself busy with a few bouts on the punching bag, at least until something actually resembling a tournament would begin.

Her first few swings were just the initial frustration she felt, but it didn't take much time before she fell into her practised jabs and strikes on the poor hanging bag, covered in small tears and stitches from a clear long time of use.

Soon the sounds from the laptop became a buzzing background noise to her, her full focus on hitting and moving around the bag just as she had done time and time again. So focused that even when the world around her turned black & white, frozen, static rising from the laptop, she continued to punch and hit the bag with a ferocity others always took as a sign to step away and leave her be.

Even as the thin, static, translucent ribbons tentatively reached out from Róisín's laptop screen and suddenly coiled around her, her immediate instinct wasn't to scream or panic, but lash out.

"What...?!! Let go!!" Tugging hard against the tendrils latched to her seemed to do nothing but stall for time. Their pull towards the motionless laptop while not being as immediate or sudden as intended, still were making progress as Róisín's feet slowly slid along the floor, even as she used everything she had to resist.

"What the fuck?!! Let go!!! I said let goooooo...!" Everything was just static. What she saw, what she felt, nothing but noise and prickles all over her. Then just as quickly as it came, it was replaced by a sudden feeling of weightlessness, relief....of rushing wind?

As she opened her eyes to the open sky around, Róisín's first instinct was to flail and try to grab hold of anything she could. The panic was there, the million-thoughts a second of an approaching death rushing through her head was there, but still she swung and grabbed for anything.

Her blindly swiping hand struck something in the space around her, and as she turned to look she let out a defeated little laugh at the sight of her phone falling in line with her. Almost with resignation and no question, she reached again and snatched the phone, holding it close to her chest as she closed her eyes and waited for the end.

She felt the rushing of wind beating against her, the whistling of air as she knew she would meet with the ground any second. Even the tingling of something happening in her clutched hands didn't make her open her eyes. But the voice did.

"Ow!!! What the fuck...?!!"

The sudden pain of something stabbing into her hands like a needle was enough to bring her back to the moment, finally looking at the now changed device in her hands. Even more confusion welled inside her at the transformation, which helped distract her when she slammed into the soft ground, though slightly not as hard or deadly as it should have been.

The few moments she had to herself, just laying on her back, was enough to calm Róisín down. Her quickened breathing, the pain of the fall and her stabbed hands, even the bright white senses, they all soon faded away to the soft sounds of water, wind, and a few more thumps of things hitting the ground.

------Present------

With a little bit of a groan she soon started to prop herself up, dusting the dirt and bits of sand off her and taking stock of her strange surroundings. She quickly noticed the sounds of talking and a gigantic looming figure off in the distance just passed the treeline, but just as she began to take a step in their direction the brief sound of a 'Holy Shit' ( Mirai-chan Mirai-chan ) followed by a noticeable thud caused Róisín to spin around and see a similarly face-planted blonde haired boy laying in the dirt/sand close by.

Quickly rushing over, she skidded onto her knees by the young boy and tentatively patted his back and shoulders, trying her best not to move him in case of any serious harm.

"Hey! Can you hear me?!"

Chel was immediately to laugher at the first question to escape the group's mouth Mei in particular about economic stability, or lack of to be more blunt. It was followed by a more direct approach to her partner in a way that was meant to derive some sort of offer or gesture. Chel could tell Mei would be one of those thorns the type that tried to butter up, but in what manner would be the more interesting to see if she survived long.

"Well, the best way to put it is it has one marketable income survival of the fittest, knowledge, or better yet? Supplies. Money isn't a thing here power is the closes thing you will see to attainable currency really which puts you all specifically on the chopping block since you are so rich with "data"," Chel ominously chuckled waving her hand as MetalSedramon bent down coming close to Mei's person.

"Parfaits but good luck finding the materials for that we nearly died the last time we scrounged enough material to make one of those," Metalseadramon sighed seeming to have a moment of Ptsd from said scenarios as if remembering an extremely epic war-like battle for... a parfait. However, upon that answer, it was Danny's turn to respond as Chel watched his mannerisms and observations he painted the acts of "no one gets left behind" vibes... he was going to get someone killed with that mindset.

"Half a day, and you don't have a choice. Any of you can deny my offer but I promise you will not make it through the night. The forest Biome is the safest section of Kako No Hanketsu E, but for Sky Fallers that's not a comfort your partners will not survive long enough to protect you against the bigger nasties that come out at night... especially if you have the misfortune to run into a clothed fissure," Chel quizzicalled answer yet caused newer questions to no doubt enter their minds even to this point she was extremely casual about it all. Yet she did seem to give off a soft sigh as Ruth kickstarted into a panic attack... a meekish sheep amongst a lost flock however as the girl procured medical attention to another Chel seemed to nod in approval though it would be extremely rough that girl had a chance.

"Couldn't tell you to this day no one has got a lick of the answer to why anyone pulled her it's just by random chance with the only thing in common being well-watching or listening in on Digimon content... ironic isn't it like right out of an anime. Real or not they are real here," Chel sighed giving some form of answer to Ruth's why before moving on to HIkaru's interjection of the situation of madness.

The green beanie girl shook her senses back into place as Mei weirdly passed her as if to ignore the harmed boy she was currently attempting to pull up. As Chel gave her response to everyone thankfully Hikaru came over to help interjecting some conversation.

"Ya, definitely appreciated. Let's get him up, and see if that girl with the satchel can help him a bit," Raven expressed appreciating the helping hand as Chel watched them the dark skin girl showed legit calm in all this which was a rare trait she seemed to be assessing everything in a fixed manner working on damage control before self panic. She would go for, as for Hikaru they were looking for answers, and while disoriented still holding to firm grasp of action... they would both probably have an easier time adjusting though Hikaru... Chel couldn't put her finger on it, but something felt off. Pushing a subtle memory she couldn't recall.

However, before much could be accomplished the person Ruth was helping took to an immediate hiss of venomous insult at Chel pausing the stage. Oh? Chel liked this one. Feisty, irate, and not so well surrendering to what was being explained. A fighter for sure... too bad their fate had been harshly decided for them. With a hand on her hip in a playfully tilted manner she let Arii speak freely to point yet there was a point where MetalSeadramon felt different upon Arii's drull insult the sea beast pulled away menacingly bearing its fangs as it shifted its whole body to level its mouth right into Arii's face with so little room the smell of seawater would overwhelm Arii's senses. The shift in its serpentine form cast a shadow over Chel as a dark purple glow started to emit from her chest pocket casting a foreboding end glow as Chel's smile turned into a grin.

"No, I just simply don't see any reason to give out energy to people who will be gone before they can be remembered. Call it the essential spill tightened over the numerous groups I have given it to that turned naught to ash. Don't need practice after all when the same scene replays on a loop," she chimed still holding that unbreakable grin.

"Best not to talk a tough game when you have nothing to back it up with, or better yet when talking for a group who doesn't know you. Might cause some nasty after-effects if you're willing to pose them danger right out the door," Chel disturbing winked to Arii as it was quite obvious that with one word to her partner, any of them could suddenly cease to exist in a blink of an eye for something as simple as one person's attitude. However, in that same light, she then slapped her knee laughing.

"Oh, you're killing me, kid. Oye who was just telling who about being nice huh," Chel darkly joked teasing Metalseadramon for his reaction to the words of a Sky Faller.

"... they didn't have to be that rude," Metalseadramon grumbled a bit embarrassed as he snaked back down removing the shadow that had been cast originally.

Raven could have freaking sworn she felt her heart stop thankfully before that had happened Kimi had come to the trios add as all three girls finally pulled Alex up. A small but kind jester of accomplishment though before Raven could speak such the scene between Arii, and Chel played out. This was not a place to have an attitude with unknown people that was officially her first lesson to note. That was when Kimi introduced herself.

"Raven... hilariously believe it or not I do know you. You were just about to take my brother on for the first round of the tournament before... well this heh," Raven awkwardly explained as she tried not to concentrate on the other side of things. Raven looked over Alex for a moment. His frustrations about his situation easily seeped out of his facial responses. She couldn't blame him he seemed to have the worst of... nope take that back. As Raven was about to finish her thought the echoes of someone screaming foul language caused her to turn her head to two unknown parties who just like Alex missed the pillar, but much worse as they instead fell all the way down to the coastline around the pillar with one boy biting the ground literally.

"Huh, that's irregular," Chel smiled excitedly at something new as she collected her stuff into her carrying case hauling the fish over her shoulder as she ran down the stairwell. In all her years of seeing Sky Fallers, she had never seen anyone miss the landing pad by that much it was an irregular undocumented element, and she was all too invigorated to discover what she could about it. "Wait to follow until your partners are done forming except you kid do what you like," Chel called out to the group as Metalseadramon gave Arii one last disgruntled look before returning to the ocean waves swimming to the coastline after his partner.

Before anyone could question what that meant every single digi-vice except Ariis started to have chain reactions glowing exactly like how Chel's had moments ago as each of the devices gave out a eerily similar message.

BIO-DATA INCUBATION COMPLETE: WORMMON.EXE CONFIGURED... DIGI-HATCH INTIATE.

Ravens watched as the egg on her screen leaped out taking real form as she barely caught the egg in surprise. Without any time to give for reactions the egg glowed brightly green before bursting into pieces before recollecting and forming into the very Digimon it had announced. Raven could only stare as the wide eyes of a Wormmon stared right back into her very soul. Before the girl could utter a single word though the insect digmon screamed in panic.

"OH GAWD SHES RIGHT WERE GOING TO DIE IF NOT BY OUR HANDS SOMEONES ELSE AHHHHHHHH," Raven struggled as the green bug started to crawl all around her body in a panic as Raven moved around in circles trying to regain some control of the situation as she kept trying to nab the insect moving all about.

"WAIT CALM DOWN WE WILL BE ALRIGHT," Raven spoke a little louder not in a panic, but with very much a tone of not knowing how to handle this as Wormmon started to climb onto one of her hands allowing Raven to pull Wormmon into a struggling bear hug as the insect wiggle relentless like crazy screaming their doom. When Raven had enough time to figure things out she finally responded.

"No, we are just fine. Nothing has even happened yet right," she asked the insect who immediately froze mid-wiggle contemplating what Raven had just said.

"Oh... I guess you're right," Wormmon paused going limb in Raven's hold as she looked up at her baffled partner calming down with just a little nudge... she was definitely overreactive nothing like what Raven had ever experienced before.

Once Chel made it to the bottom she mad dashed straight for Róisín shown as attempting to check the life of one unconscious Leonard. Literally dropping to a kneeling dive Chel ended up right next to Róisín in a sitting position with a wide smile. Though before she said anything to the other girl she softly coughed before snatching one of Leonard's hands holding two fingers to his wrist. A moment of awkward silence followed as Chel hummed nodding her head two and through.

"Alright he's fine. Normal heartbeat. Worse case scenario his digivice zaps him awake. Now to you my pretty what was different. Did it say anything different than wanting warmth. How did the tentacles attack you come on details, details very important," Chel extensively claimed getting very close and personal into Róisín's face.

..........................................................................................
Mentions/Interactions
galvanismgal galvanismgal Venchi1986 Venchi1986 Pumpkid Pumpkid Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon Twist Twist Scatterbrain Scatterbrain Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Anorgos Anorgos

Ruth Valentine
Interactions: Ariiasq ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon / Mentions: Rosin Anorgos Anorgos & Leonard Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Chel & Metal Seadramon Azurian Dream Azurian Dream

ec8d27458b8006f3bc56abfed807f763.jpg Ruth’s face burns red at the mention of her previous comment. Out of everything, they chose to dub her as the underwear person. Sure, she should have seen it coming, but to be fair Ruth was busy dreading her situation. She covers her face out of embarrassment and replies, “th-that was not supposed to come out. Please forget I said any of that.” The flustered girl calms down when the person she aided gave their name. They made it sound as if they disliked it. How else would Ruth address them? Ruth smiles in acknowledgement to their mumbled thanks, however, she jerks back at the sight of Arii’s knife pointed at Chel. Why in the hell do they have a weapon, and appear as if they are capable of using it? “Please, calm down. Violence won’t solve anything.” Her plea was pointless as MetalSeadramon rose from its position, its shadow casted overhead to bare its teeth directly at Arii. It did not diminish the horrific view of a sea serpent who could swallow a human whole. It confirmed digimon do indeed exist, and Ruth was no longer in Toronto. “N-nice fishy.” She stuttered.

The purple glow deters Ruth as the redheaded lady retorts with the same venom, unfazed by Arii’s threat. Why would she when she obviously has the advantage with an ultimate level digimon at her fingertips ready to blast everyone away. She wasn’t shy to say so either. It’s a dark thought that such a person is able to laugh it off. Ruth supposed the digital world every fan reverse is actually a nightmare in disguise. To be able to kill someone off with zero remorse is beyond immoral. Ruth clasps the hem of her blouse, and bites her lower lip to keep the tears at bay. As MetalSeadramon retreats, Ruth lets out a breath she was holding. She stood still, staring at the sand beneath her black, leather boots in deep contemplation. Her mind processing the information the redhead kindly provided. Ruth is trapped on an island where knowledge, power, and survival skills will help a person prevail. However, it doesn’t feel like the type of life Ruth can get behind. She’s not a survivalist. She’s certain to be the first one to die. In fact, there is no way of defending herself against vicious digimon.

The sound of colorful curses snaps Ruth back to reality. Two more newcomers were falling, and landed farther away from the group. Chel comments on their fall being unorthodox. Appearing in the middle of the air is not normal to begin with in Ruth’s opinion. As Chel prepared to take off, she recommended for everyone to wait for their partners to form except for Arii for some reason. “Partners?” Ruth parroted confused by the meaning. Did she perhaps mean paring up? And why was Arii excluded? It didn’t seem quite fair. Her hazel eyes glances at Arii apologetically. “Y-you can partner up with me, if you want?” She does her best to mask her fear behind her soft smile. It wouldn’t do any good if both people are worried. She was used to being the rock anyway. Just then, her device pings, and glows an indigo color in her hand notifying her of something. She brings it up to her face as it reads aloud:

Bio-Data Incubation Complete: Impmon.exe Configured…Digi-Hatch Initiate

‘Wait…what did it say?’ The purple and indigo polk-a-dotted egg on Ruth’s screen hovers out life. Immediately, it blinds her with its light as it hatches into data which then takes the shape of what appeared to be an Impmon. The purple demon yawns as it stretches as if awakened from its hibernation. His pinpricked, green orbs stare directly at Ruth. He props his hands on his hips wearing a slanted grin. “Hiya, toots. It’s finally nice ta meetcha.” He greeted. Ruth’s jaw drops, stunned that a digimon materialized in front of her. The silence was loud, and awkward almost like a standoff, until the color on her face drained, replaced with horror. She takes a deep breath and screams, startling Impmon into screaming back at her. “Wh-what’s the matter witchu? Why ya lookin’ at me like some sort of monsta?” He growled. “Y-you’re a virus digimon.” She said. “Yeah, so?”

Impmon_t.gif“That means you’re evil!” Impmon is taken aback by the sudden insult. “I am not!” He retorted. “I mean, sure I like a good prank as much as the next person, but there’s no harm in that. It’s an art.” Ruth rummages through her satchel to pull out a purple crystal, ignoring his defense. She shoves the crystal in Impmon’s face in an attempt to ward him away. “Begone foul creature! You’re not welcome!” Instead, it irritates Impmon finding her freak out fit annoying. He gently pushes her hand away from his face while trying to calm his partner down. “Will you quit actin’ crazy?” Ruth is shocked her crystal has no effect on the imp. She steps back, but with each step Impmon takes one step forward. “Get away from me!” She cried as she ran in circles with Impmon in tow. His words of assurance went one ear and out the other to Ruth. She was too preoccupied with her safety. Eventually, Ruth opted to climb a palm tree, the safest option where Impmon cannot reach. As predicted, Impmon halts at the foot of the tree watching the girl reach the top as she clings to dear life with her eyes shut. She chants something under her breath. A mantra to remove all negative energy and effects around her. The one that sticks out is “this isn’t real.”

Impmon frowns, completely bewildered as to why Ruth is easily disowning him. His ears drop down as beads of sweat run down from his temple from the chase. “What the hell?” He mumbled.

Last edited:
There was something to be said for standing your ground. What Arii was doing, teeth bared in turn at the salt-and-violence serpent that had imposed itself in their space and knife flipped expertly to lock against their fingers, was nothing of the sort. It was pure, adrenal aggression backed by the slimmest sliver of logic as they drew themself up. Were they actually something that could do something impressive—were they a digimon themself—the display may have truly been threatening. However, their teeth were dull, and they were small in the shadow of the seadramon, though they seemed to know it in the shift of their stance and the tiny bow of their head in acceptance. Yielding. They were defensive, cautious, in the face of something they could only hope to survive against with winning a fold out of bounds. Something in their back and the way they held themself loosened as the woman spoke again, and almost quicker than they had begun spitting poison did they glance away from the digimon to Chel, head tipped just so.

They liked this one, they decided, spinning the web of personality they'd roughly constructed around in their head like a piece of decorative art. Yes, this one was okay. She had bite to her, if restrained.

And almost as quickly as it came, the whole interaction was done, and their hands were back in their jacket pockets with their knife out of sight. The smile they shot at the metal serpent was all teeth. That of challenge. "Your patience showed did it not?" Not that it was their intention in the first place, but dangerous habits were not kept. There was a reason their tongue was sharpened as their blade was. "Must and must nots differ." It was an idle motion that had their tongue pinned between two of their canine teeth, even as the corners of their eyes crinkled with condescension. They understood now, more than they had earlier. She was the calm one. Clever, too if they were to hazard a guess. He acted polite, but his defensiveness was easy to prod at, picking away at armor too thin to guard.

Disappointing their question hadn't been answered, but they figured they'd know a poison when they saw one, as had been a theme in most of their dreams.

And then they were being addressed.

"That's not—" was the only thing they managed to fit between their teeth before their eyes snapped down to the digivice of... Ruth, was it? Her device displayed something resembling words to their farsighted-adjusted view before, in a neat flash of light, there was an egg. No sooner had it appeared was it replaced with binary that resolved itself into the form of... augh, they knew that one. It was one of their favorites from the sidestory manga run.

Well, either way, it was abrasive, but not wholly irritating when it spoke, and they found themself with a new item of interest as the woman vanished toward the streak of an unfortunate Sky Faller, as they were apparently called. They would bet this one had some bite, too, unlike his apparent partner. The wounded one was still surrounded in their small throng of people, anyway, and the late arrivals that had hit the surrounding beach with what they could only assume was force enough to break bones, so there was little else for them to do, anyway. The others seemed preoccupied, and they already had one loud one to deal with.

Besides, they weren't completely ungrateful for the white gauze that had stemmed their bleed from a river to a leaky faucet.

So, they followed the digimon and partner at a leisurely pace as they chased each other, though the digimon did the bulk of the chasing. Something, something data, something something virus, something something—they were never very good with datatypes, anyway. When Ruth managed her way up a tree at a speed that impressed, Arii did little more than stare up at her, a few paces back and to the side of her digimon.

The droop of his ears raised alarm bells in their brain—something about crying, they thought, but they lingered on the thought less than the time it took them to, hands still locked away in their pockets, approach the digimon, head cocked and gait heavier than they would have preferred. Animal or not, body language mattered, and they did their best to say confidence. Curiosity.

"She's gotta come down at some point," they offered in lieu of a greeting.

While the first part of what Chell said about currency didn't strike Danny as immediately vital it was still useful info, the fact that she liked parfaits was less so. Anyway it wasn't too long before she answered his question. "Half a day, and you don't have a choice." He let out a defeated sigh as she explained why they didn't have a choice and mentioned something about partners. Danny wanted to ask more about that bit but she had moved on to a different question from a girl wearing glasses about why they were there and honestly the fact that the answer was basically "No idea." wasn't very reassuring.

Since it seemed Chell was done answering all questions Danny wanted to know about those "partners", but right as he opened his mouth there was a hiss coming from someone in a green jacket who not only swore but also called Chell an useless NPC, making Danny worried Metalseadramon might be angered on his friend's/boss' (?) behalf. Luckily she didn't seem offended by it. "Phew."

This relief didn't last long as with a lot of swearing two more people fell through whatever had brought them all here and landed in the water, causing Chell to run down the stairs, presumably to help them. "Wait to follow until your partners are done forming except you kid do what you like,".

BIO-DATA INCUBATION COMPLETE: ELECMON.EXE CONFIGURED... DIGI-HATCH INTIATE.

Looking where the voice came from Danny finally realized his phone changed appearance and was distracted from what the others were doing by an egg being launched at him from it's screen. He almost managed to catch it but was unable to get any grip on it in time, dropping his phone in the process. Before either object hit the ground though the egg began to glow orange and flew apart, the pieces of the shell quickly fading away.

Danny just stared with wide open eyes as Elecmon fell on the ground landing on his back and on top of his phone. "Little help please? "EH....O..of course" Danny bent over to help Elecmon up, even more confused about everything than before.

Mentions/interacts with: Azurian Dream Azurian Dream , Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu , ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon , Anorgos Anorgos Mirai-chan Mirai-chan

Last edited:
mentions/interactions: Vaugly (Also for clarities sake/my sanity I am just using everyones names even though Mei doesn't know them yet)
digimon state: black gabumon

Chel laughing at Mei’s question didn’t phase her since she was use to it. That alone would have been enough of an answer for her to go off of…the air around Metalseadramon sure smelled fishy but it was a good thing he had moved closer so Mei could get a good read on his expressions and body language.

It seemed like society was pretty grim in terms of functionality here. Supplies taking the forefront made sense with things being in the shape of a barter economy but a lack of universal currency meant there was no or little consolidation of power to enforce the value of a token above its normal worth. Odds were with all the danger Chel was hinting at trade routes didn’t really exist so the flow of information could be a good way to generate revenue but it would be harder to manipulate market values with it. Parfaits being hard to come by pointed to a lack of technology but most likely an issue raising domestic animals since while the fruit and grains needed to create it could be harvested from nature the milk needed to create the yogurt or ice cream would be harder to get. If Chel decided to take a risk for it she must be strong enough to afford the luxury of nostalgia.

Well money was all Mei had so being rich in data wasn’t a bad thing. A human life was normally valued at 10 million but here the black-market prices of half a million was more likely. Mei was pretty confident she could calculate the prices of goods and services in data currency by using that figure. Unfortunately, if people were the most expensive things a slave economy was likely to develop if enough people in power willed it…were Digimon considered people here? Mei left the deeper thoughts about it for later as some others offered their quips and questions to Chel.

Mei glanced at Danny as he asked his question before glancing at the rest of the group. It seemed like he remained one of the few who were not part of the groups forming around their injured members. Half a day’s journey to safety though Mei tugging up her glove…the sea air was getting a bit much for her sensitive skin since she did not want to become a human pickle but it access to the sea meant the village should have salt to preserve the food they harvested from the forest so it made sense why this was considered a safe section for humans. Ara? Clothed fissures? She didn’t have much of an issue with the one that brought them here but they did have strange effects on the surroundings which predators could take advantage of.

When Arii started a snit with Chel Mei only paid vague attention since such insults lacking any wit was the same as an untrained dog barking to her. A shame they didn’t get all the answers they asked for. While the relationship between Chel and the Digimon became clearer the weird glow emanating from the woman made everything else less clear. It seemed that the heroines would need to work hard to find out all the secrets Chel had. Such a troublesome mentor they had but not a bad person just kind of stupid.

It was also clear that Arii would be a problem but they would learn that sometimes the repercussions of their actions didn’t only fall on themselves. Mei gave a glance of pity at Ruth but before she could say anything about it a scream drew her attention as two more figures had fallen from the sky and Chel was off running shouting more advice at them as she went. Mei made no rush to follow since seeing a potential dead body was not on her priority list. Odds were they would have yet another injured person so now, she needed to find even more sticks to make a stretcher of some sort. At least now everyone else should have injured person group to join Mei thought throwing another glance to Danny since he seemed the only not partnered up already.

Mei’s searched didn’t even last a moment before a faint glow came from her former phone in her hand. Nope. Not this time. She set it down on the ground before it would have a chance to prick her again.

BIO-DATA INCUBATION COMPLETE: GABUMON (BLACK).EXE CONFIGURED... DIGI-HATCH INTIATE.

An egg popped out of it and just as quickly hatched into a Digimon she guessed. They did not have any guns it seemed so it would be up to Mei to find some for them…

“Ohohoho, I’m Mei and you are my first servant Gabumon left parentheses black right parentheses,” she said ignoring all the sudden screaming behind her.

“I’m too old for this,” Said the just born black gabumon.

“Well, if you didn’t bring a rock with you from the stone age help me look for one and some sticks.”

Mei pulled off one of her gloves to hold onto one end while black gabumon held onto the other since she was not going to stoop lower to hold their hand. Sometimes posture just had to take priority you know? While the duo started their journey to meet up with Chel they took stock of the current situation everyone was in with their own partners and black gabumon let out a weary sigh. Mei smiled at them reassuringly since even though it seemed like it would be harder than she thought to make a precious memory but Mei wasn’t going to give up hope on it yet especially since she now had someone by her side.

Last edited:
As Ace continued to be assisted by the group of girls, he heard an automated voice come from the device that used to be his phone that lay at his feet.

BIO-DATA INCUBATION COMPLETE: CUTEMON.EXE CONFIGURED... DIGI-HATCH INTIATE.

Turning his head in the direction of the voice, Ace watched in disbelief as the egg on the device's screen took on substance and form before glowing bright crimson and shattering into pieces, leaving what looked like a wire frame behind. The wire frame began to change shape, taking on a short, somewhat humanoid form, and the pieces settled on top of it, taking the form of a Digimon. The pink rabbit looked around as if observing the world for the first time before it's gaze settled on Ace.

"You're hurt!?" Cutemon cried, concerned. "Let me help!"

Before Ace could even attempt to stop it, Cutemon placed its hands on his leg, closed its eyes, and a soothing light began to emanate from them. The pain, that had been so overwhelming before, slowly began to subside and sensation began to return to Ace's lower extremities.

"You can let go of him now." Cutemon said to Raven ( Azurian Dream Azurian Dream ), Kimi ( Twist Twist ) and Hikaru ( Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu ). The group seemed reluctant to do as Cutemon instructed but Ace gave them a reassuring nod. Although he was still in substantial pain, he felt a lot better than he had before and, for whatever reason, he seemed to trust the strange pink rabbit. As they released their grip on him, Ace found that he could now more or less support himself. Attempting to test his mobility, Ace hobbled towards a nearby step, followed closely behind by Cutemon, before sitting down again. Although it was difficult, at least he could move now under his own power.

"You dropped this." Cutemon said, holding out Ace's digivice.

"Thanks." Ace replied, taking it and putting it in his pocket. "I'm Ace."

"I know. You can call me Cutemon."

Ruth Valentine & Impmon
Interactions: Ariiasq ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

Impmon_t.gif Impmon turns to Arii, the person Ruth stood next to during his birth. Their attempts to reassure him somewhat helped but there are doubts considering what he’s encountered from his partner. “Ya think so? I don't know about that. She looks like she’s completely lost it to me. I mean look at her.” He gestures to Ruth clinging onto the palm tree. “Get down from there! Ya gonna hurt ya self.” He shouted.

Ruth shakes her head. “Not until you leave.”

“I can't do that. I have a code. I ain't abandoning my partner no matter how nuts they are.” Not even Impmon’s admirable motto is able to convince Ruth. She is equally determined to stay put. Aggravated, the demon clenches his fist tightly. “You’re gonna slip and fall eventually if ya do.”

ec8d27458b8006f3bc56abfed807f763.jpg“I’m perfectly fine up he-” just as predicted, Ruth could no longer hold on to the tree. Her physique is not trained to hang on for a long period. Her sweaty palms cause her grip to slip. Despite her defiance, it’s clear she won't be able to last and perhaps her decision was not the best. Ruth begins to carefully climb down for her own sake. “M-maybe I should go do-” Halfway down, one false move is all it took for Ruth to slip and fall. Impmon flails his arms in panic searching for the right position to catch her.

Instead, she lands on top of Arii. She groans as her face is planted into their chest. She begins to see stars from the impact. After a minute she sits up, hovering over Arii while trying to keep her head from spinning. She blushes the moment her eyes set on Arii. She realizes she made a fool of herself by rudely landing on top of them. They were practically the cushion to her fall. “Oh my gosh! I-I’m so sorry! I-I mean I hope you’re ok. I didn't mean to-” she pulls away and covers her face in shame. “I'm so sorry! Please be ok. Don't die on me.” She pleaded. Impmon watches with great relief to know Ruth is fine. Impmon pokes Arii by the face to check if they’re alive.

“This looks bad. I think ya killed the poor kid.”

Ruth’s face grows pale hoping she did not just murder on her first day in the digital world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back