• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

I Will Love You Till The End of Time

Nanami glared after her husband, shutting the door sharply after he walked out. She hated fighting with him, but she wasn't going to be playing nice while he was lying to her. Grabbing some clothes, Nanami took a quick shower before leaving the house without a word, heading for the park.

What was wrong with him? Why did he have to let his temper flare like that again? He could have just asked her nicely not to question him about it because of how terrible he felt at the moment and somehow made her to forget it altogether... What was worse was just thinking about how stupid and careless he was being made him angry and frustrated, which only caused worse attacks. It was a vicious cycle really.

Nanami had ended up storming to the park, and was currently sat at their favorite bench, currently occupied by one. It felt almost lonely without him to sit with her, but she had gotten used to the cold. Aside from the past day or two when she was sick, things had been going less than smoothly. Ignis had become distant, and Nanami herself was loosing a small grip of hope that she had. Sighing, she picked up a small duckling and looked at it intensely. "Oh little duckling, why is it that Ignis has to be ignorant? why can't he just tell me." She sighed to the small creature, who could only respond in soft peeps.

"What is wrong with me? Why can't I just tell her.....and. what is even happening to me..." He sighed heavily. Looking at his reflection in the vent above the stove as the tea boiled. An image of his father flashed in the place of his for a moment. He quickly turned away and rubbed his head as pain shot through it.

"No no no....please no...I'm not like that!" He mumbled to himself. Quickly making his way to the medicine cabinet to grab his pills. They would stop the hallucinations, hopefully...

Nanami gave up trying to console herself with ducks and she ended up leaning against the park bench alone. She sat like that for a long time before a deep chuckle came from her right, revealing a young looking male who walked leasurely to the empty side of the bench. "Rough day huh." He mentioned, looking over at her. Nanami smiled gently, her lips pulled tight into a line. "You have no idea."

9d61458b4c99376361fd20a1efcb420b.jpg

He downed them quickly and grabbed a cup of tea, spiking it with a little something as well. His throat and lungs were killing him, his head was killing him and he couldn't get that image he had seen and so many more out of his head. Sensing something was off, Dero slithered up to him and snugly wrapped himself around Ignis's neck.

Nanami looked over at the male, who looked strikingly familiar. "Do I know you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Well that depends Nanami on how much of your childhood you can remember."

"Merci beaucoup Dero. Mon petit ami." He smiled slightly and reached up to pet his head. Earning a nuzzle in return.

"Master is not well at all....but does not tell life mate. Why?"

"You know why and you know not to question me about it..." He replied bluntly.

"I know...but you are very much hurting. I can feel it and it is troubling...you hurt all of the time nowadays and use those bad means to dull it instead of talking to her or the terrifying one. He would know how to help." The little snake snuggled up to his master's face. "You know you are not stable and that she knows something is wrong. So please, don't be so stubborn."

Nanami stared at the man, confusion written across her face as she stared. The man let out a soft chuckle. "Well you should. My cover name is Ansel, but my real name is Dyte." He said, smiling at her. Nanami nearly fell over herself out of shock. "DYTE!"

"I know Dero I know!" He snapped. The poor little snake coiled back at the harshness of his tone. He'd never really been yelled at before.

"I beg of you my sweet master...this is not you. You are not like this." His tone was saddened and pleading. "Do not become what you've hated so much. You are not like him or the rest of them who hurt you so much. I know you are not....and so do your family and the others who care about you so much. They've sacrificed so much for you and accepted you for who you are."

Nanami looked at Dyte with shock and he chuckled. "Miss me Nana?" He asked, and she wrapped him in a hug. "It's been such a long time since I have seen you, or anyone." She said, and Dyte hugged her back

"I know! You don't need to keep reminding me. I know." He responded in a snippy tone again. Looking at the snake with glare.

Dero let out a small, soft hiss of a sigh and snuggled closer to Ignis's face again. "Please master....do not get mad...I only worry because I can feel what you feel and all I feel anymore is hurt and anger. It has only gotten worse since the argument with your son and since your daughter and Mera left as well.. and even more-so since that priests murder..."

"What?" Ignis sat up with a confused look on his face.

"You did not see the news?...That poor man was shot in his car."

Ignis didn't say a word, but his face screamed with how genuinely upset he was. He hadn't heard about this at all, was he really that out of it lately? He put down his tea and stood up to go get dressed.

"Master?" Dero uncoiled from around Ignis's neck as he walked towards the door.

Again, Ignis didn't say a word. He needed a drink. Today was too much already, first that horrid dream and argument with Nanami and then this news that highlighted and underscored just how much he had been out of it and uncaring lately. He needed something to drown it all out again.

Nanami sighed as she pulled away slightly from Dyte. "How have you been?" She asked and he chuckled. "Ok I guess. I have been missing your presence. The others are really snippy without you." He chuckled and Nanami shook her head. "It must be." She mumbled and Dyte grabbed her hands. "Come home Nanami, you can come live with me for a while, we can get you back on the council. You can see your friends. And..." He trailed off, lacing his fingers with hers. "Maybe we could be together again."

"Master?" Dero watched as his master got dressed in his usual loose silky shirts, snug pants and knee high boots before dabbing on a little cologne and heading out the door. There was the loud revving of a motorcycle and screeching of tires not long after that. "Ignis!!" The little snake hissed as he watched helplessly from the window. He needed to find the angel, his master was definitely not in the right state of mind now.

Ignis hadn't even left Nanami a note before he left. He was too distraught and in desperate need of something to numb the pain again. Drown this distress in as much liquor as he could take.

Nanami sighed and she slowly retracted her hand from his. "I'm sorry Dyte but...." She trailed off, flashing the ring on her left hand. "I got married about twenty years ago." She said, and he smirked. "Well that little demon doesn't have to know, he barely cares for you." He said, trying to push towards her. Nanami pushed him away and got up from the bench, starting to head home.

Dero slithered around the house anxiously as he awaited Nanami's return. Frustrated a bit that he couldn't just go out and search for her, he would get too lost and be at too much of a risk of getting eaten or attacked.

Ignis sat hunched over the table of a booth in one of his favorite bars. Empty shot glasses of whiskey and vodka already scattered around him and glasses of beer beginning to pile up now as well.

"Hey there handsome. What are you doing out all alone?" A woman spoke smoothly as she slid into the booth beside him. Sliding a nice, cold, fresh glass of beer into his hand as she did so."

Ignis just looked at her with disgust written on his face and moved away from her a few inches. "I'm drinking away my pain." He replied bluntly. Sadly that didn't stop her or several other women from swarming around him and getting real close.

"Aww. A gorgeous honey like you in pain? How is that even possible?" She kissed his cheek.

Nanami swiftly lost her former betrothed and she slid into her house quietly, flipping on the light. As she had expected to see, Ignis was gone, and Nanami sighed softly.

As soon as the light came on Dero rushed to Nanami. He new she hated it, but he quickly slithered up her leg and all the way to her neck. Tugging lightly as he urged her that something was off this time with Ignis leaving again.

"Jus leave me alone." He tried to shove them away as the felt the need to feel him up and try and kiss his neck, chest and face. He may have been on the road to getting plastered out of his mind, but it made him highly uncomfortable.

"Oh come on hun! Just tell us. A gorgeous thing such as yourself shouldn't be out drinking by himself like this." The one who started this swarm of attention twirled her finger around his chest and slid a bit stronger drink into his hands.

"Get lost....I'm a....I'm a married man.." He flashed his ring at them as he took a swig of it. He had no idea how long he'd been gone, but there was no doubt he was drunk out of his mind already. "and I'm fine!"

"Pfft. That doesn't mean you can't tell us and try to have fun. Whoever she is, she doesn't have to know." She smiled and leaned in for the kill. Planting her lips on his hard, despite his struggling as she also removed his ring.

Ignis looked as if he were about to get sick.

Nanami looked at the slithering form, shivering as the snake coiled up her leg. "Dero stop I am not in the mood." She said, ignoring the light tugging if they snake coiled around her neck as she took him off and set him down.

Dero hissed and simply did it again. Trying to get her attention as much as he could. If only she could have actually understood him like Ignis did, that would have made this so much easier.

His temper flared up and he pushed her away as hard as he could and slapped her. The sound echoed throughout the bar and all went silent. He could feel the burning accusing gazes on him now. It was never like him to outright slap anyone like that, but she had pushed him way too far. He stared wide eyed as the women moved away and were replaced by some rather burly and furious looking patrons.

"So. You like hitting women ey pretty boy?" One of them snarled and cracked his knuckles.

"Non non....y-you don't understand...she-" He was cut off when a fist sharply dug into his stomach and they closed around him in a tight circle.

"Shut up you piece of garbage! We were watchin' the whole thing, you got no excuses." He picked Ignis up by the front of his shirt. "And we sure as Hell ain't gonna let you get away with it."

Ignis looked to the bartender and bystanders left there and all of them had turned a blind eye to the severe beatdown that was about to occur.

Nanami looked at the snake and crossed her arms. "Dero what is wrong with you!" She exclaimed, glaring at the snake coiled around her.

The little snake hissed again and urged her to go towards the front door. Hoping that the tire tracks Ignis left when he peeled out would be a good enough indication that something was wrong, as well as the half finished cup of tea on the side table.

"P-p-please..s..stop.." Ignis pleaded as they wailed on him mercilessly. They had moved outside to the alleyway at the barkeepers request to keep too much blood from getting on the tables and floors.

"Not yet, we gotta take out the trash." The one who threw the first punch took it upon himself to throw the last as well. Bashing the poor man's head against the curb to knock him clean out before they picked him up again and tossed him into a dumpster. "And don't even think of coming back!" They took the liberty of spitting on him before heading right back into the bar.

Nanami stared at the snake and rubbed her temples. "Ugg, this is the last thing I need. Seriously Dero you are just......" She trailed off as she opened the door, seeing the faint skid marks on the ground. "God damn it Ignis." She grumbled, and looked at the snake. "You need to tell me where he is." She said, sliding on a helmet and heading for the bike Ignis had. She had learned how to drive it a while back, and she was thankful now as she went speeding off to try and find her probably horribly drunk husband.

Dero nodded and coiled tightly around the handlebars as she sped off so he could point her in the direction she needed to go. He could just barely pick up on his master's scent, but it was enough for him to track him.

Ignis laid there for the longest time before finally coming back to consciousness, barely. He hadn't the slightest clue where he was or what had really happened, but he knew that everything hurt. His stomach and ribs, definitely his face. He could feel scratches and bruises all over it and no doubt a nasty black eye and broken nose.

Nanami followed the direction of the snake curled around the handlebars until she found a alleyway, where a man slumped in the shadows. "Ignis?" She called out to the slumped form with distinctive groaning. She looked at him and walked towards him, taking off her helmet and inspecting his face. "I told you you shouldn't go drinking." She chastised, picking up one of his arms to help support his weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back