• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

I Will Love You Till The End of Time

IceQueen

The Clawed Fauni
Nanami sighed to herself as she sat at home, a small cup of tea with a little something stronger than tea in her cup as she stirred it around, taking a long sip. It had been a few months since her last baby duckling had left her nest, leavin Nanami with one very big child to take care of who currently wasn't home yet. Nanami was at her wits end with this one. He came back bruised and drink and she wasn't going to baby him this time.

@Axel1313

Ignis had to fiddle with the door handle for some time before he was finally able to get the door open and stumble inside. He was looking really rough tonight, hair messed up, shirt disheveled and a nice new bruise right under his eye. He wreaked of alcohol too, a clear sign of what he'd been up to that night...again. A problem that had only gotten worse as their last little one left the nest. When he spied Nanami sitting there with her tea he raised an eyebrow. "Why're you still up..*hic*..cher?"

Nanami could hear Ignis coming from miles away with his drunken walk, and she already had a dish rag in her hands. Hearing the door finally open, she glared at Ignis across from her, who was ruffled, slightly bruised, and completely filled up the room with the smell of alcohol. Getting off the couch, she set down her mug silently, before walking towards him with full murderous intent in her eyes, a dish rag in her hand as she slammed the door shut behind him, her eyes glowing. "Let's chat, IGNIS." She said angrily, glaring down at him. He was lucky she hadn't seen any lipstick marks yet, or he would be in another world of hurt.

His confusion transformed into a more sour expression. "You didn't have to wait up for me..." He covered his mouth as he felt something rising in this throat for a moment. Luckily he was able to suppress it fairly quickly. "And just wha...what do we need to 'chat' about cher?" He slurred, struggling to stay upright as he stood there. "I'm now...and at a decent time too! So what's the issue this time?"

Nanami looked up at Ignis, twirling the dishtowel in her hand into a tight rope before smacking him upside the head. "What were you thinking! You could have exposed us, again! I am done going after you, or babying you. You need to stop drinking." She said, before hitting him again with her dishtowel. "And that was for making me worry about you."

"Ow!" He snapped, rubbing the side of his head as she smacked him."I'm a grown man! I can do whatever I want..." He grumbled, glaring down at her. "I wasn't gonna expose us again, I just went out fora little drink. S'not like I have a problem y'know." His glare only got more intense as she smacked him again with the towel. "Whoever said you had to worry about me? I can take care of myself jus' fine!"

Nanami groaned, pressing a hand to her forehead. "Iggy, I'm your wife, we are supposed to worry and care for each other." She reminded him. "And grown man or not, this has happened three times this week, you do have a problem, and it's growing. Until you are ready to fix it, you can sleep on the couch." She said, taking her tea and finishing it off before turning back to the bedroom.

"I don't need anyone to care or worry about me..." He grumbled under his breath, although it was clear that at that point he was just replying like a child loosing in a schoolyard fight. He ran a hand through his hair and huffed in frustration before uneasily making his way to the couch. "Fine...I'll sleep on the couch tonight, but I do NOT have a problem!" He shouted as she walked away.

Nanami sighed. "And i dumped the last of the alcohol!" She called as she slammed the bedroom door shut, heaving a large sigh as she let her face fall, numbly climbing into bed. It was almost like she had gone back to her time without dreams, there was nothing sweet for her to think, just a void, a void where she thought she was loosing one of the only things that was around to love anymore. Sighing greatly, she rolled over, closing her eyes and falling into the void.

"Too bad I know where to get more!" He shouted as yet another door was slammed on him. Mumbling angrily to himself he slid over the back of the couch and hit it with a soft thud. Haphazardly removing his boots before shutting off the light and settling in. He absolutely hated the couch...but he deny that he deserved it after coming back drunk again. What was wrong with him? This was definitely no way to deal with a problem, but...in the back of his mind he just couldn't make her worry about what was really wrong. He couldn't stand to make her worry like that! Drinking it away may make her mad, but he could always make up for that somehow. Sighing heavily he hugged the nearest small pillow tightly and let himself drift off to sleep. Unfortunately without Nanami by his side it was only another night filled with old nightmares and a cold sweat.

After a long night of reliving her thoughts, Nanami woke up with wet cheeks, and she haphazardly rubbed them dry, sighing gently as she got up to take a shower. She kept it short, but even that reminded her of the days she could snuggle him, and kiss his nose, and stare into his eyes for as long as she wanted, and now all she had to stare at was a cool black stone that covered the walls. Turning off the water, Nanami braided her now long white hair, and she walked out into the kitchen to get coffee.

"Bonjour mon Cheri." Ignis croaked out as she entered the kitchen. Poor man looked even rougher than he did the night before. Dark circles under his eyes, the bruise under one of them had spread and was bright purple and red. His hair was all over the place and shirt even more disheveled than ever. He had a terrible cramp in his neck too from that uncomfortable couch. "I made some fresh crepes to go with the coffee this morning. And even went out and picked some fresh strawberries for them as well."

Nanmi sighed heavily as she looked at her husband, shaking her head. "Don't you mon Cheri me, I'm still mad." She threatened, shaking her head as she went to grab coffee. "You look horrible. And you sound like it too." She said, picking up a mug and poring herself another cup. "Remember that next time you walk out the door."

"Yeah yeah....I know..." He sighed. Rubbing his eyes as he flipped another crepe. "I feel horrible too...I don't think I'm going anywhere today." He turned his head to cough into the crook of his arm. It didn't help to clear his throat much at all. "Maybe to sleep but that's about it until this hangover goes away..."

Nanami clicked her tongue in a motherly way, shaking her head. "Nara would be disappointed." She said, referring to her daughter that had just left to joking the cirque. She had loved her father more than anything, just like her mother. She would be just as concerned. Drinking her coffee, she leaned against the counter in silence.

His face twitched when she said that, that definitely struck a nerve. "Mera wouldn't even know. I'd never let any of them see me this way and you know that." He stated bluntly. When the kids were around he definitely was not as bad or at least tried to hide it. After they left though...things began to spiral out of hand with his habits. And he knew it too, he knew that if any of them saw him like this they would be disappointed.

Nanami sighed gently as he twitched. "I hope you can keep them in mind then if the image of your own wife worring over you isn't enough." She bit back, turning to go sit on the couch.

@Axel1313

"I would if there was ever the chance of them seeing me like this." He replied harshly. Flipping the last crepe onto a plate before dropping the pan and spatula into the sink with a loud crash. Muttering to himself as a glass shattered. He had to take in a deep breath before cleaning that mess up, cutting up his hands in the process. Every little thing was making him more angry. "I'm going to take a shower." He announced frustratedly as he tore off the apron and tossed it aside. "Enjoy the breakfast while it's hot Cher."

Nanami pursed her lips tightly, her lips stuck in a frown as she let him leave, picking up a book to try and ease her thoughts and think of his warm arms around her

Ignis stayed in there for the longest time. Just standing there and letting the warm water was over him, trying to wash the stress away and the creeping sense of emptiness. It was driving him mad and he couldn't explain it or push it away. He took in a deep, shakey breath and pushed it back as much as he could. Only when the water started running cold did he finally wash himself and get out. Bandaging his fingers and slipping on the coziest clean clothes he could find before heading back out to the living room with Nanami.

Nanami hadn't taken a single bite of food. The thought of eating was making her quite nauseated. In fact, Nanami felt awful. Laying down on the couch, Nanami tried to read her book, but the letters kept moving around the page for her. Groaning slightly, she pressed a hand to her forehead, trying to clear her head.

"Are you okay Cher?" Ignis spoke up as soon as he picked up on her slight groan. "You don't look or sound well.." True concern laced his voice. He may have been in terrible shape and in a bad mood as well, but he couldn't help but be worried if she was sick or hurt..

Nanami looked up at Ignis, and sighed, shakily pulling herself up with her paled arms. "I'm fine." She insisted, trying to get off the couch as her vision blurred slightly. She pressed a hand to her eyes, rubbing them gently as she tried to stumble forwards.

Ignis shot up out of the chair as fast as he possible could. Quickly going to her side and gently wrapping his arms around her to stabilize her. "No you're not Cher...I can tell. Please, just sit down if you feel so bad...I can make you a very light soup to ease your stomach if you need to and get some hot or cold towels if you need them."

Nanami leaned against her husband, groaning. "I'm fine." She insisted again, trying to move but her knees had become jello. She felt like she was going to faint, which was odd. Angels almost never got sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back