• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sole Survivor

Roll for Initiative
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This, dear fellow writers, is my solely TES based partner search. I've always loved the universe; however, recently I've gotten back into the games and in turn I'm dying to write something that takes place there. Namely Skyrim, Oblivion, or ESO.

(that being said if you want to write something high fantasy that isn't based on TES then you can always still shoot me a message. i might say yes!)

The Important Preferences:
Be 18+ for your comfort as well as my own.
Write a minimum of two or so paragraphs per post, always quality over quantity.

What I'm Specifically Looking For:
Prefer Long Term, Character Driven Stories.
Be Alright with MxM, MxF, FxF, Nonbinary, and Platonic Pairing Mentions. I love having diverse characters, rather it be for our main or just background characters.
I have a preference for MxM for main pairings, but I'm ok with all pairings for our main!

General Pairings:
Conjuration Mage x Summoned Daedra
Daedra of One of the Princes x Daedric Cultist
Magic Cautious Nord x Winterhold College Student / Mage
Dragonborn x Follower
Dragonborn x Another Dragonborn (they weren't the last or only one)

Vigilant
of Stendarr x Vampire / Werewolf
Hold Jarl x Hold Thane
Hold Jarl x Bandit Chief
Thalmor Agent x Talos Worshipper
Dark Brotherhood Assassin x Target
Hold Thane x Housecarl
Daedric Cultist x Divine Cleric
Daedric Cultist x Daedric Cultist (Opposing Daedric Princes, of course)
Stormcloak Solider x Imperial Soldier
Fighter's Guild Member x Mage's Guild Member
Worm Cultist x Mage's Guild Higher Up
Adventurer x Adventurer
Bandit Leader x Opposing Bandit Leader
Silverhand x Werewolf
Dark Brotherhood Assassin x Morag Tong Assassin
Vampire Lord x Lesser Vampire
Vampire Lord x Vampire's Thrall
Vampire x Werewolf

Small Plots
Hidden Away, A Forgotten Treasure
Similar to how we meet a certain vampire in Skyrim, this plot starts out with CHARACTER ONE (an adventurer, a scholar or researcher, grave searcher, or even a bandit) ends up in an old Nord tomb for whatever their reason may be. The tomb appears to be left abandoned for quite some time, the only real company for them being skeletons or the undead. Until they come across a large room with a singular pillar in the center. Upon approaching it looks to open some how, but the only spot that could be a keyhole is indent the shape of an amulet. And fairly close, around one of the skeleton's necks that they killed is a similar amulet. When placed within the indention - the front of the pillar cries out and fall forward, revealing a figure inside. They fall forward and gasp for air, the dust settling around them. CHARACTER TWO is a vampire! How they got there or why - that's up for us to decide! What does CHARACTER ONE do with this immortal that they found?

I Knew You Once - In A Dream

The College of Winterhold is a shelter to those who want to learn magic as well as explore their own natural talents. It's not a secret that many are distrusting to magic in general, so, it isn't uncommon for hopeful mages to find friends and a second family within the college. Overtime CHARACTER ONE and CHARACTER TWO have become close, two mages who've come to rely on each other in their studies as well as in their social circles. Everything looked to be on the up and up, right? Well - that's until CHARACTER TWO decided that they wanted to learn more of the darker arts. Slowly, CHARACTER TWO studied in secret. No one seemed to be aware until something catches the eye of another mage (perhaps a book, their journal, or an experiment goes wrong). CHARACTER TWO is banished from the college, leaving CHARACTER ONE behind. Despite CHARACTER TWO asking CHARACTER ONE to come with them, CHARACTER ONE remains behind. However as time passes, CHARACTER ONE can't help but wander what happened to their friend. They decide to go out on a "research trip" -- to research what happened to CHARACTER TWO.

I Loved You Once - In Silence
To be a Thane of a Hold comes with many benefits, one of these being able to have a personal housecarl. It isn't uncommon for housecarls to be at their Thane's beck and call, because what could be better than to serve? Turns out that all the time that CHARACTER ONE (a housecarl) spent with CHARACTER TWO (the Thane of a Hold) has lead to them growing rather attached. It started as duty and honor, but slowly their closeness lit a passion within their heart. How does CHARACTER ONE deal with these emotions? Does CHARACTER TWO feel the same about them?

To Run From One's Past
CHARACTER ONE is on the run from their homeland - their reason, their own. All they have on them is what they could carry on their person. With supplies getting low and their coin purse becoming lighter, they have no choice but to make the nearest port their hideaway. This port happens to be within none other than Skyrim! The harsh winters, hearty people, and vast landscape end up making for good cover. They take on odd jobs here and there, doing their best to just make it day to day. That is until one day while they're in a tavern, CHARACTER TWO starts asking around for a hired hand. When no one jumps on their search for help, CHARACTER TWO leaves behind a flyer. It promises fair pay - but the other details are scarce yet it does give a place to meet up to discuss the details. CHARACTER ONE, with little to their name in this foreign place, goes to the meet up. What adventure awaits?

To Solve A Murder
CHARACTER ONE is a guard of -insert Hold name here- and thus, it's no surprise that when trouble rears its ugly head they're shoved towards it. Did someone steal someone else's sweet roll?
No - worse. Maybe someone robbed a noble of their fine jewelry? Nope. What could this trouble be? Murder! A young woman is found dead in the center of the Hold's capital, her body and belongings left seemingly untouched after the murder occurred. CHARACTER ONE has to investigate and solve the mystery, but there appeared to be no witnesses. Or that was until CHARACTER TWO comes into the barracks with another guard. They say that they saw someone leave the scene in a hurry. Could they be the breakthrough that CHARACTER ONE was looking for all this time? Well - it sure looks that way! CHARACTER TWO sure seems eager to help. But CHARACTER TWO isn't as helpful as CHARACTER ONE thinks. Why? Because CHARACTER TWO is the murderer. A game of cat and mouse ensues. Will someone innocent be charged with murder? Or will CHARACTER ONE catch on that their assistant is really the one to blame?

You've Got the Wrong Person!
CHARACTER ONE is a bandit chief whose leading a rather small group of bandits. Thanks to the influx of guards and do-gooders, the roads have become surprisingly safer. It's been hard to make an honest pay as a bandit - raiding caravans, shaking down the odd noble here and there that made the mistake of heading out on their expensive horses through questionable stretches of forest, and of course, ransoming off those that they've captured. Tension grows within the group, and CHARACTER ONE is left with little to no choice but find a way to make all their coin purses heavier or risk having their men turn on them. So, when a lone figure is found along the road, well, CHARACTER ONE sends their men to grab them and bring them back. CHARACTER TWO is brought to CHARACTER ONE's hideout whether they like it or not. Face to face - CHARACTER ONE makes it clear. If CHARACTER TWO can make it worth their while (giving them gold or knowing someone who would be willing to pay for their return) , that CHARACTER ONE would let them go. Unfortunately for CHARACTER ONE - CHARACTER TWO isn't just some regular farmer.

The Last Dragonborn
We all know the story of the Dragonborn - the hero who defeated the dragons and saved Skyrim's people! They're a figure of legend. But this starts before their name was on the tongue of all those around them. The Dragonborn, CHARACTER ONE, has just been called called to High Hrothgar and named Dragonborn. Their journey is just beginning, but they'll need the help of friends and companions to succeed. CHARACTER TWO (anyone we want them to be) is just the person they need! Or perhaps, well, they thought! There's always ups and downs, especially when you bring someone on to save the world.

The Slow Burn Heist
Sometimes the Thieves Guild realizes that they can't just break into a place -- sometimes it needs a little gentle nudge. CHARACTER ONE is a fairly well known thief amongst the guild and thus they're the one sent in for the job. Now - what is the job? They need to get up close and personal with a noble who is in possession of a rather expensive item. Several attempts have landed a couple thieves in prison and one dead over the years, so, they've decided to do this differently. CHARACTER ONE is sent in to work their charms on CHARACTER TWO. How do they do this? Perhaps use their charms and charisma to lure them in? Pull off a fake assassination attempt and save their lives? Win them over by using their natural talent in singing as a bard? Who knows! As time passes, will CHARACTER ONE still want to steal from them or will they end up growing close?

The Ghosts of the Past
CHARACTER ONE is a fairly new researcher who always wanted to explore the old ruins that dot the landscape. They've seen others come across so many, many amazing discoveries, so, they've decided that they too would venture out and make a name for themselves! After reading through old tome after old tome, finally they hit the jackpot! There's mention of a long lost fort that crumbled in one itself. CHARACTER ONE manages to piece together the hints and clues, and locates the ruin! It took some time (by themselves or with the help of some hired hands to clear the rumble to access the hatch that led down into the ruins) but they managed to get inside. It's dark, dusty, and clearly abandoned. As they start to explore, they start to feel like they aren't alone. Small touches, whispers, their journals moving, and the dreams? What was with this place? They find a journal, torn and half burnt. It contains very little that can be read as well as a necklace tucked between one of the pages. Upon touching the necklace -- a voice calls out to them. CHARACTER TWO, a lone spirit trapped within the ruins (for whatever reason we decide) has been following CHARACTER ONE since they are the first person to enter their tomb in so long. After the necklace is touched, well, CHARACTER TWO cannot keep themselves hidden any longer.

~ Midday Little Bump ~
I can’t wait to see what we come up with, after all, it is what the scrolls foretold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back