• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I Choose Death Before Dishonor

Characters
Here
Chris chuckled softly and gasped feeling where they were kicking smiling more. He kissed her belly softly "Hey there little princess or prince calm down some for your momma huh?" he said quietly

Max came down a little later in her silky rode smiling some at Jon "Hey baby everything okay?" she asked kissing his cheek and taking the mail to look through it but the letter had been taken out.

“Yeah... I’m good.... you wanna go into town? I need to get a hair cut. I can’t handle the long curly anymore.” He told her. He only left out that it wasn’t really a choice to buzz cut it but a necessity as the letter had been informing him they were sending him back out to the front lines in a couple weeks.

Scarlett smiled rubbing her fingers through his hair. “I think it’s a girl.” She murmured tiredly as the baby finally stopped kicking and Scarlett managed to drift off to sleep worrying about Chris as always. She was glad he was in a good mood for the moment but she was terrified of him lately because she never knew how he was going to be from one minute to the next.

Max nodded softly and kissed him gently as she straddled his lap "Mmm yeah we can do that." she murmured against his lips keeping herself close to him. She was awfully clingy as of late, but she didnt know why.

Chris gave a soft smile before she fell asleep. He got in his chair and went to the backyard with Spud sighing heavily "I dont know what to do Spud. The baby will be here and I wont have a leg, I wont be able to support our family. The nightmares...god those nightmares are killing me,I keep seeing that pregnant woman on the ground..but its Scarlett and I just remember all the bombs...those god awful bombs they still ring in my head." he said feel a few tears slip down his cheeks.

She was only able to sleep five minutes before the urge to be sick woke her up and she launched herself to the bathroom chucking up breakfast and sitting there calming down for a minute then sorted herself out. “Well... I guess you’re not a fan of capn crunch then.” She mumbled getting up and washing her mouth out then went to find chris but heard him talking and just stood out of sight but listening to him, worrying more about what he was saying

Jon smiled “well hello there stranger... can I help you?” He chuckled kissing her back. “Honey you cant keep teasing me like this. You know they told me to take it easy with intimacy.l he reminded her kissing her softly again

Chris sighed heavily and looked at Spud "I just dont want to disappoint her, she says she will stay but what if I dont get this? I dont think she would want to be with me if Im like this forever." he said sighing again "I cant loose her though, I wouldnt make it."

Max pouted some and nodded "Alright alright Im sorry." she murmured cuddling up close and wrapping her body around him

Scarlett frowned more wiping at her eyes hating that he felt that way having thought that she had made it clear enough that she loved him and would never leave for something so ridiculous. She stepped out onto the porch and went to his front, gently sitting down on his lap "You know that I love you... More than anything Chris." She murmured holding onto him tightly. "I love you and I will not ever leave you for somethign so superficial.... You are my everything." She promised.

He smiled kissing her head and got up, carrying her to the lounge, laying on the couch with her "Quick nap then town?" He asked her quietly, tucking a bit of hair behind her ear, just keeping his eyes on her. She was the only person left in the world it seemed that he was comfortable around

Chris frowned and listened to her taking a deep breath "How much of that did you hear?" he asked quietly rubbing her back some as he stared at the ground looking at Spud

Max nodded some and let him fall asleep against her. She loved him more than anything in the world and would do anything for him. She just hoped he would be okay in the long run.

"Enough." She mumbled holding him tightly "You'll get your prosthetic before the baby gets here love. I'm sure of it." She murmured "And we will make it work no matter what." She told him, kissing his cheek then rest her head on his shoulder tiredly, still struggling to get rest.

Jon woke up an hour later and went upstairs to get dressed then wandered around the house to find where Max had gone to

Max sat in the back yard letting the dogs play as she sipped her tea smiling some feeling the breeze hit her skin. She wondered if they could get the new dog or not.

Chris nodded some and sighed heavily "I keep....I keep having this nightmare..." he whispered taking in a deep breath. He was trying to find the right words to tell her because he had never explained what he had seen on the front lines to her before but ever since he found out she was pregnant this had been eating away at him

She frowned holding him close "Take your time baby... I'm right here." She murmured kissing his cheek starting to think about help they could get him, placing his hands on her bump when the baby started kicking.

He finally found her and sighed in relief "I thought you'd left me." He mumbled "I couldn't find you... Are you ready to go?"

Chris took another deep breath "When we were there.....we were in a war zone...nowhere was safe and...and this woman was walking. She was pregnant maybe farther than you... and all of a sudden fire opened and she got caught. I started going off but I walked by and I saw her...she was so young Scarlett. I keep seeing you layong there in those nightmares....it haunts me that I couldnt get to her in time." he whispered letting more tears fall

Max frowned softly at him "Oh babe no I just let the dogs out they were restless." she murmured kissing him gently as she got up "Yeah Im ready to head up."

Scarlett frowned holding him close and rocking him gently not saying anything until he was done and just kissed his cheek. “Chris I.... I don’t know how to help you through things like this... the frustration with injury I can deal with but frontline flashbacks ... I don’t know what it’s like so I can’t help.” She murmured. “Would you... would you be open to going to get professional help?” She asked him quietly.

Jon nodded and smiled getting the dogs inside. “They can come with us.” He told her getting their collars on and their leashes sitting on the floor and fussing all over them. He treated them like his sons and always would do. “I think we should hold off on Venice.... Charlie said he would take her on for now. I still want her but we don’t have the time at the moment.” He said to max.

Chris whimpered some and held her close continuing to cry until he finally calmed down "We cant afford that kind of help Scarlett." he whispered smiling as Spud whined knowing he was upset "I got Spud here....he listens pretty well."

Max nodded some as she got the car keys "Yeah I think thats a good idea." she murmured before kissing him gently "Lets get going." she said happily before getting the dogs in the car.

She shook her head sighing heavily. “We can make exceptions. This isn’t just a case of you feel a bit down... you need help with this and that’s not the kind of help me or the dog can give you.” She coaxed getting concerned that he was going to really be this stubborn.

He nodded and got up going out there with her and got in the front, running a hand through his hair just watching her carefully while she drove. “I love you.” He murmured. “You know that right?”

Chris took a deep breath shaking his head some "No Scarlett Im fine....I just....I just need to get over it." he muttered his army mentality starting to set in. It was always get over it and get onto the next task dont think about what happened.

Max smiled softly "Yes of course babe, and I love you too." she said happily while she hummed along to the radio completely oblivious to the fact her husband was acting so odd because he was getting sent out again.

She frowned sighing heavily. “Christopher.... i think it would help.” She murmured, gently rubbing his chest. “Also I think we need to start planning where baby is going to sleep when they’re born.... seeing as we’ll have to move before they’re six months... i don’t think there’s any point in trying to get their own room set up here.” She pointed out.

Jon just nodded and watched her quietly til they got there and he hopped out going in to get his hair cut promising to text her once he was done or go find her in the buildings nearby. It felt right having his hair buzzed like that it was so ingrained into him but at the same time it made him anxious now because he knew why he was having to do it.

Chris took a deep breath and nodded "Yeah we should just have them in the room with us." he murmured looking at Spud and petting behind his ears "We should train him what a baby will be like." he explained

Max walked around with the dogs smiling widely as she saw Jon come down the way with his hair done. She let the dogs run to him and giggled softly as they licked all over his face "Mmm you look good babe."

He crouched down cuddling them both then got up taking their leashes and walked over to max wrapping an arm around her shoulders kissing her head. “I love you.” He murmured. “You wanna go get something to eat?” He asked her.

Scarlet nodded a little. “Just a little. I think he’s gonna be just fine.” She murmured getting up and starting to take Chris back inside so she could start on food and got him a drink. “Do you have any idea how much more relaxed I am just knowing you won’t get sent out ever again.” She murmured.

Max smiled wide and nodded some "Mhmm that sounds great." she said softly takong his free hand and walking with him to find a restaurant to eat at.

Chris gave a small smile "You and me both." he murmured watching her with Spud in his lap cuddling him close to him "I cant wait to start fresh with this new house."

“Somewhere with outdoor seating.” He reminded her playing with her fingers some while they walked and eventually found a pizza place. “That’ll do.” He mumbled staying close y her side. They longer they were out in public the more agitated he got every time until he ended up having an episode but he needed to try and work through that.

Scarlett smiled watching him some. “I’ll miss this place but then we can make that new one our home rather than a house.” She pointed out

Max squeezed his hand supportively and smiled softly "Youre doing great babe." she murmured to him while they sat outside waiting for their food to be delivered

Chris nodded giving a small smile "Yeah thats true." he murmured before wheeling closer to her "Do you need any help?"

She shook her head a bit. “By the way mister you’re supposed to be using your crutches not the wheel chair. That’s what Jake told you at your session today was it not?” She asked him giving him a pointed look.

Jon just nodded and kept Boss close by sipping st the beer he’d ordered just leaning back in his seat thinking about the letter he’d gotten not sure how to explain to max they were sending him out even though he wasn’t ready to go mentally

Chris groaned some and wheeled his way out of the room before coming back on his crutches "Better?" he muttered

Max smiled softly and held his hand some "So I was thinking maybe we could try for a baby soon?" she asked softly biting her lip some. She knew Scarlett was expecting and it made her want one even more.

He tensed a little not wanting to tell her what was going on but that also meant saying no to actively trying for a baby. “Maybe not just yet.” He mumbled looking at the table.

Scarlett smiled and winked at him. “Yes. Now would you stop being so grumpy about me trying to help you?” She giggled passing him a spoonful of the bolognese she was making. “How’s that?” She asked him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back