• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I Choose Death Before Dishonor

Characters
Here

decadent-rider

Twenty Thousand Club
When Jon signed up for the army fresh out of high school, he was still seeing the career through rose-tinted glasses. Now a grown man and leaving for his third tour he's beginning to wonder what it all means and whether the path he is on has ever really been the one for him. Watching his friends die and his marriage start to crumble along with being there while his best friend loses himself even after being honourably discharged, the links that hold his psyche together are beginning to fall apart and the people around him can do nothing to help...
Scarlett stood by the hob, watching the step by step video on her iPad for recipes that she had been dying to try out and finally had an excuse for because she was meant to be cooking for four that evening. It wasn't until close to 4pm that she got the text from Jon to say that him and Max wouldn't be joining them that evening and they would see her another time. Disgruntled, she picked up the phone and called her best friend on the base to chew out her husband. "Hey girly... Uh... I just got a text from Jon, you guys aren't coming over tonight now? This his decision or yours?" She asked, grumpy so ready to snap on anybody. there was no way either of the girls could have possibly known yet he reasoning behind Jon wanting him and Max to have a quiet family evening at home. At least not yet.

Jon worked through the day, getting his jobs done, having lunch in the canteen and going through his phone the whole time, scanning over every photo he had of him and his wife, staring at her beautiful face and trying to take in every minuscule pixel to burn it to his memory. The meeting had happened first thing in the morning. Tonight, when the whole unit would go home, they would get one last evening and one last morning with their families before being shipped off to the front lines of war. So he cancelled their dinner plans with Chris and his wife and sent Max a different text to tell her he was going to pick up whatever takeaway she wanted on the way home from work and they would have a quiet romantic evening to themselves before packing up his bag and getting ready to leave.

Max sat at home relaxing and waiting for Jon to come home so they could go to Chris and Scarlett's for dinner. She sighed softly seeing the phone go off and quickly picked up "Hey girl....no I didn't know about him cancelling. Ill ask him when he gets home." She said smiling as she heard the door open "Ill call you right back." She said happily before hanging up. She went over to Jon and kissed him softly "Hey babe, how was today?" She asked but her smile faded seeing the look on his face "Whats wrong?"

Chris drove home from the base trying to think about how to tell Scarlett about him leaving. His mind was rattled by it and he knew she would not be happy. The last trip he did had tour her apart but he hand to do his part, he had to go. He sighed as he got to the drive way and soon went inside "Babe? Where are you?" He asked not seeing her in the living room. He didnt know Jon had just texted her about dinner and she was already making it. He heard her call from the kitchen and went in seeing her all over the place looking pissed as hell "Everything alright?" He asked

Jon had stopped off at Chick-fil-a on the way home and picked up dinner, setting the bag on the counter once he got in, kissing her back and mumbling a hello in response, just holding her to him and kissing her again and again and again until eventually he pulled away and sighed heavily. "We go tomorrow afternoon. About 2o'clock." He muttered "I cancelled with Chris and Scarlett... I need a night with my wife." He murmured still holding onto her tightly.

Scarlett sighed heavily hearing her hang up and just shook her head muttering about two peas in a pod while she stormed around the kitchen getting these put into Tupperware. "Jon and Max are so alike sometimes it drives me crazy!" She snapped at him, "You better be hungry because we're eating food enough for four. I made it and it's gonna get eaten." She said, not looking at him yet until all the dirty dishes were either soaking in the sink or in the dishwasher and their dinner was sitting in the microwave ready to be heated up once they were hungry. She finally turned around and sighed quietly, "How was your day?" she asked him quietly, stepping over to him and kissing him softly with a smile

Max kissed him happily wondering what had gotten him so affectionate. When she comprehended
what he said though, her smile fell immediately "No...Jon no....you the last time you'd be here for 2 years! Its only been 9 months!" She said shaking her head and crying softly as she held him tightly not wanting him to move.

Chris gave a small chuckle and sighed heavily pulling her close to him "We need to talk." He murmured taking her to the living room to sit down "Don't be mad at Jon, we made the decision to cancel together with good reason." He explained biting his lip as he saw the 'you better have a good reason' look on her face. He took a deep breath and took her hands in his "Tomorrow around 2...we're getting sent off...I don't know for how long." He explained looking at her the entire time

He stayed quiet as he held her not having any answer for her. If he could choose to stay he would. He would have rather been home with her than out in a war zone, but this was beyond his control. As he realised she was crying he gently lifted her up and carried her to the lounge getting the two dogs off the couch and just sat there with her holding her to him tightly kissing her head over and over. “We were only told this morning. They’re not sure how long they want us out there for just yet.” He mumbled.

Scarlett had begun to relax finally, her frustration forgotten until he explained why Jon had cancelled. She just sat there shaking her head and moved in a bit closer wrapping her arms around him tightly, resting her head on his shoulder. “As soon as you know how long, you tell me. You just get back to me safe as quickly as possible.” She murmured kissing his cheek holding onto him tightly for a few minutes until she heard his stomach growling and she got up quietly to go heat up their dinner, breaking down in tears while she was in the kitchen.

Max held him close and sighed heavily cupping his cheek some. She took in every inch of his face letting another tear fall "You come home to me understand?" She whispered taking a deep breath to calm herself down "I love you." She whispered again kissing him lovingly

Chris sighed heavily hearing her in the kitchen. He got up and went in holding her close to him "I promise its going to be alright Scar....Ill be home before you know it." He said stroking her hair back trying his best to soothe her

He simply nodded and held her close to him, kissing her softly and rubbed her back gently, "Here... I got your favorite from Chik-fil-a." He murmured kissing her head again and picked her up, carrying her back to the kitchen and got them plates and a beer each before putting all the food out that he had picked up, sitting next to her and still kept her close while they ate. "I'm gonna be home tomorrow morning all morning until I gotta go at 2pm." He told her "So you'll be getting me in the morning as well, you wanna go out for breakfast?" He asked her resting his head on top of hers gently watching the dogs begging for food from them, chucking them a small piece each.

Scarlett just leaned heavily into his chest, holding onto him for dear life. "How come it's you guys again? Andrea's had Mike home for 3 years now! It's not fair!" She snapped at him, just spending a few minutes calming down and then managed to compose herself enough to do dinner properly. "There is nothing we can do to stop you going, so what we can do, is have a nice quiet night together before I have to send you off... So that's what we're going to do." She mumbled, sitting with him while they ate reaching over with her free hand to hold his tightly "I love you... And you better come home to me safe."

Max sighed softly and ate quietly "Thanks,and no I want to cuddle in our pjs all morning." She murmured petting the dogs some "I better be getting laid tonight too." She saud smirking at Jon and giving a small laugh kissing him gently afterwards "I love you babe, you know that right? More than anything."

Chris sighed heavily nodding some "Mike is going too....two packs of us." He muttered sitting at the table chuckling a bit before crossing his heart "I promise babe, Im coming back safe and sound." He said kissing her hands softly. He was doing his best to keep up the good mood, he didnt want to be sad around her when she was upset as well.

She sighed a little, chucking the dishes in the sink when they were done not bothered about them until tomorrow before standing with her arms wrapped around him from behind, "When you come home... We are starting a family... The day you get back." she murmured kissing his cheek and just holding onto him "Promise me that and I promise you we will make it through however long they keep you for without me having meltdowns when you get Skype calls." She murmured, taking his hand and leading him upstairs.

He smirked a bit and winked at her "Yes ma'am, I think I can handle that." He told her, lifting her up bridal style and taking her upstairs "I love you too, you've been my world since we were kids and you're gonna be my world til we're old and grey and you hate me cause I can't get it up." He chuckled laying her in their bed and slowly starting to strip off.

Max giggled softly and blushed as she started to strip down as well. She didnt think she would ever get over how he looked at her when he saw her this way. It was admiration and it made her happy to see that even after all these years he still saw her like that. She kissed him lovingly and got down to business as he climbed ontop of her.....she panted after a few rounds and cuddled close to him "Mmm I love you so much." She whispered

Chris smiled some following her upstairs "I promise babe, dont worry too much, Ill be okay I promise." He said picking her up and tossing her on the bed getting down to business quickly....he finished up with her and panted wiping the sweat from his forehead smirking a bit "Damn babe....I sure am going to miss that." He said chuckling as he pulled her close to him

He smiled some pulling her in close and kissing her head gently before getting up to get his boxers on, going down to let the dogs out one last time and finally went up to bed again once the house was locked up laying next to max and holding her closer. “I love you too beautiful.” He murmured tiredly kissing her forehead.

She smiled and watched him carefully. “I should hope so... keeps you coming home.” She teased gently and took his hand in hers just moving in closer until she was snuggled right up into him, holding onto him tighter as she drifted off to sleep mumbling that she loved him more than anyone but she was slurring her words she was so worn out, her frustration at Jon forgotten and she slept peacefully as she could next to her husband all through the night. Forever6A7X Forever6A7X

Max gave a soft smile and snuggled close to him intertwining her legs with him before she started to drift to sleep against him the entire night

Chris lay there holding her the entire time. He stared at the ceiling sighing a bit trying to get to sleep but his mind was running about everything he would need to do when he got out there

Scarlett woke up early and stretched out going to take a shower then wandered back out to the bedroom smiling at him some. “You wanna come down to the trail with me for a couple hours. Then we can go get breakfast then come home and pack for you.” She murmured kissing his cheek and started getting dressed.

Jon got up feeling sick to his stomach. He got like this the first three times he went away but this felt different. This felt wrong. He didn’t like for one the fact they had been given such little notice. He didn’t like how not in his own head he felt and he sat there on the edge of the bed just staring at the wall until he felt arms go around him, flinching a moment but then relaxed.

Max woke up that morning and frowned seeing Jon staring at the wall. She sat up some and wrapped her arms around him "Morning handsome." She murmured kissing his shoulder softly while she watched him

Chris woke up frowning some. He didnt want to go, he wanted to stay with her. He felt wrong about this, usually he was mentally prepared knowing everything he would need to do and knowing this was the right thing. Right now it felt the complete opposite, and he couldnt seem the shake the feeling. He smiled some as Scarlett came in and nodded "Id love to do that." He said quickly pulling her onto the bed and tickling her a bit before he kissed her lovingly

He relaxed once he realised it was her and gently reached up holding her closer to him. “Morning... what did you dream about?” He asked her quietly turning his head to look at her.

She smiled some watching him get up and she quickly pulled her clothes on for the day to go for a walk with him. It was nice to go for a hike on the trail when it was super early just because no one else was around and it was finally that time of year where it was light enough before 7 to do that.

Max gave a wide smile "Us, in a park having a picnic with a little baby girl clinging to her daddy and you two playing around." She murmured happily "What did you dream about?"

Chris smiled happily and held her hand as he walked around kissing her cheek "mmm Im gonna miss these." He murmured softly

He didn’t answer for a minute then just stood up and went to take a shower quietly to wake himself up a bit more and getting lost in his thoughts a little just about aware of his surroundings.

She nodded and took his hand in hers. “I know but you’ll be home before you know it like you said and then we are getting started on that family you’ve been promising me.” She murmured kissing his cheek while they walked.

Max sighed softly and walked in to get ready "Mind if I join?" She asked softly smiling a bit as she poked her head into the shower but frowned as he jumped back nearly striking her "Jon!" She exclaimed falling back looking at him very concerned

Chris smiled widely and nodded happily "Mhmmm I promise, trust me thats going to get me through. Knowing that when I get back Ill start a family with the most gorgeous girl in the world." He murmured kissing her cheek

He leaned up against the wall breathing heavy and frowned at her. “You know not to make me jump.” He muttered pulling the shower curtain shut and got washed up quietly then stepped out to go get dressed still not saying a word so lost in his thoughts about what would happen when he got out there.

Scarlett smiled tiredly and gave his hand a squeeze. “Whatever you nerd.” She laughed at him. “If it gets you through it gets your through.” She murmured tiredly kissing his cheek. Forever6A7X Forever6A7X

Max sat downstairs making breakfast and sighed softly as he came into the room "Hey babe, Im making your favorite." She murmured turning her attention back to the eggs infront of her "You feeling okay?"

Chris laughed and walked back home with her on his back for a piggy back ride "So names, if a boy I think it should be Chris junior." He said giving a cheeky grin

She laughed some pecking his cheek. “I’m not even pregnant yet Chris and no we aren’t naming them after you.” She told him kissing his cheek again.

He smiled tiredly kissing her head then sat with the dogs on the floor. “You’re the best.... yeah im alright. Just worn out. Didn’t sleep good.” He mumbled rubbing a hand through his hair.

Max sighed heavily and kissed his forehead softly "Im sorry honey, chill out time and cuddles after breakfast are a definate now." She said smiling at him "We can be fat lazy people." She said with a small laugh

Chris laughed some "Welllll I dont care, Im still thinking of names." He said happily placing her down as they got home "So beautiful, what would you like to do now?”

He smiled watching her a bit and kissed her gently. “I love you.” Helurmured eating breakfast with her and then took her back upstairs making her lay in bed with him holding onto her tightly burying his face against her neck.

She smiled some wandering into the house and plopping onto the couch. “I want you to stay here. And not go away.”

Max kissed him lovingly and hugged him vlose to her sighing softly "I love you too." She said softly cuddling into him "Its going to be fast baby dont worry." She told him trying to make him feel a bit better

Chris sighed softly and nodded a bit "I know babe I know, I wish I could stay." He said kissing her gently "I promise Ill come back fully intact." He murmured

He just nodded and kept her close not wanting to think about it at all. He figured that no matter how short a time they would be out there for it would still feel like an eternity away from her. “When I get home we can go away for a few days. Take the dogs camping or something.” He murmured kissing her cheek.

She sighed quietly and rubbed his chest gently. “I don’t even wanna think about that Chris.” She muttered yawning some and holding onto him tiredly.

Max smiled widely and nodded happily "Id like that." She murmured biting her lip hard "How would you feel about trying for a family again?" She asked softly. They hadnt brought up the subject in a long time since her miscarriage during her first tri-mester when they first got married. It had upset them both but Jon took it the worst.

Chris held her close and set an alarm on his phone "One hour then we gotta get up and pack." He murmured starting to fall asleep with her

He frowned a bit and held her closer. “I don’t want to put you through that again.” He mumbled. “But I know we want kids... I just don’t want you in pain.” He mumbled kissing her softly.

She nodded and curled up into him resting her head against his chest tiredly falling asleep cuddled into him.

Max shook her head softly "I wont be....I want to try again, its been long enough." She said softly before kissing him again "I want a family with you."

Chris smiled softly and fell asleep with her for an hour before his alarm went off. He groaned and got up to start packing making sure he had his favorite photo of Scarlett with him as well.

She groaned a bit curling up but opened her eyes and watched him packing. “They tell you how long yet?” She asked him quietly, stretching out.

He smiled tiredly and nodded. “Then soon as I get back we come home and get started.” He promised kissing her again glancing at the time and groaned getting up to get changed so he was ready to go. He always had a bag packed and ready just in case

Chris sighed heavily shaking his head "No....said maybe 3 months maybe a year....they dont know." He muttered finishing up packing the last of his things.

Max smiled widely and kissed him back "Hurry home." She whispered walking him down to the door "Ill be here waiting for you, all ready for babies." She said giving a small laugh

He just nodded and held her close to him tightly. “I love you.... so very much.” He murmured kissing her lovingly before walking out watching the truck pull up and he said bye one last time before getting on it.

She just nodded and sat up going over wrapping her arms around his shoulders and pulling herself up to wrap her legs around his waist holding onto him tightly until the truck pulled up outside theirs and she got down. “I love you, I will see you when you come home. Call me soon as you can Okay?” She murmured kissing him again then let him go.

Max kissed him and watched as he left. She shut the door and took a deep breath before she finally broke down just wanting him home soon

Chris held her close and kissed her lovingly "I love you more than anything, I promise Ill be home soon." He murmured holding her before he had to leave. He got on the truck and sat with Jon sighing heavily "How did Max take it?”

Jon nodded to him as he sat down "How do you think? What about Scar?" He asked him, leaning back not looking at him and held onto his bag tightly on his lap.

Scarlett shut the door once the truck was out of sight and went to curl up on the couch with a tub of ice cream sighing heavily. He wasn't supposed to go back for another six months at least.

Chris sighed some shaking his heas "P*ssed thay its us again." He mumbled running a hand through his hair some "I cant do this again Jon....this is my last one." He murmured

Max sat at home and sighed heavily picking up the phone to call her bestfriend. She needed someone to talk to about this, someone who really understood what it was like. Everyone in her family tried to understand but they never fully did,Scarlett was the only one who did.

He just nodded in understanding. Jon wasn’t ready to be done with the military yet but he could see exactly why his friend was. He was quiet the rest of the drive to the air strip and he got his bags walking out and got settled onto the plane to take them to Afghanistan.

Scarlett answered sighing heavily. “Hey.... you wanna go find me a dog? You got boss and bam bam.... I need one of those.” She mumbled. “I don’t wanna talk about them I don’t wanna think about them I just want to stay busy.” She mumbled.

Chris sighed heavily and stared at the photo of him and Scarlett the entire time they rode away. He didn't know why Jon wasn't done with this yet, he had done just as many tours and seemed to have more issues adjusting to everything from what Max had told them. Maybe he thought it was better there, it worried him to think his friend might think that way.

Max sighed heavily and nodded some "Yeah sounds like a good plan. I know a great shelter where we got the boys from. They'll have someone there for you definitely." she said before getting ready to go. Once she arrived at the house she quickly hugged her friend with a smile "So what kind of dog do you possibly want?”

-3 months-
Jon walked over to his bed, grabbing a couple things before making his way over to the communication tent where he could finally give max a Skype call after three weeks. He knew she would have been told about the incident. He’d almost been blown up by a grenade. If Chris hadn’t been there and through quick thinking threw it back as far as he could he wouldn’t be there anymore. They would be going out again today for another scouting mission but he had time to speak to his wife first.

Scarlett laughed some as the dog woke her up and she took him down to get him fed. Between her and max thy had found her a dog that was s little bit of everything and needed lots of love. “You ready to meet daddy today buddy?” She cooed to him taking him outside to do his business then went and got set up to skype Chris just getting a bit of work done while she waited with Stumpy on her lap

Max sat at the computer waiting for her husbands call. She has been a wreck this past week when they had called and told her about the incident. Having that thought of her husband not being here made her sick to her stomach. She just hoped he would still be Jon when he came home.

Chris sat the laptop getting ready to call his wife sighing some. He had gotten a letter from her aboit the dog and he was excited to see what she got. She said he was a bit quirky but he knew of she loved it thats all that mattered to him. He was in a bit of shock over the incident with Jon, if that gernade had gone off in his hand theyd both be dead

He smiled a little and relaxed when her face came up on the screen just staring at her for a moment before burying his face in his hands and crying. “God I miss you so bad.” He mumbled looking up at her again shocked.

She smiled tiredly when he called and pressed accept getting stumpy on her lap properly. “Hey handsome! How’s it all going?” She asked him always making sure she kept positive before he could be negative with her. “Look bubba it’s your daddy.” She cooed to the dog. “This is Stumpy. We gotta pick a better name for him though.” She told Chris watching him. “You’re halfway through baby you gotta just keep going.”

Max smiled softly as she saw him pop up om the screen once she accepted the call. As she saw him crying she did her best to keep it together "Its alright baby, youre safe, half way done. Its going to be okay." She assured him smiling softly as Bam Bam ran up to her trying to see the computer getting excited as he saw Jon with Boss following quickly behind

Chris felt a smile spread across his face as he saw his wife on the screen "Im alright babe." He murmured smiling at the dog "I like Stumpy, he is adorable babe good choice." He said happily smiling as the dog barked some at him "I cant wait to see you babe, I miss you so damn much." He said letting a few tears fall "I cant do this anymore Scarlett, its not happening again.”

He just nodded and got himself together some more looking at her and taking in every feature. “I love you.... I miss you so bad.... how are things at home? Have the boys been behaving?” He asked watching their dogs missing them badly too. “I’ve only got a couple more minutes then I have to go. We have things to do today.” He murmured watching her.

She smiled some. “No we aren’t calling him Stumpy.... I’m not calling that out at the dog park.... I like Spud though.... he’s like a little potato, he chose us though my dear. I’m sure of it.” She pauses watching him carefully. “I miss you too honey, you’ll be back before you know it and when you are we can talk about what it is you want to do.” She murmured. “Make the decision when you get home love.” She said just wanting to be able to reach over and hold his hand but she couldn’t.

Max frowned softly at how short their call woild be "Its been okay..the boys are fine." She murmured taking a deep breath "I love you too babe,and I miss you more than amything." She told him before a tear fell from her eye "You come back to me okay? You come back to us." She whispered

Chris pouted a bit "But Stumpy is a great name." He said chuckling some before blowimg her a kiss "I love you too the moon and back babe, I gotta head out now though. We got a run to do." He said trying to make it sound believable. In all honesty he and Jon had been brought back for a secret covert operation that they had no idea was actually illegal.

She frowned just blowing him a kiss back and nodded. “Alright. Well call me soon as you can Okay? I’ll bring the dog to pick you up when you get home Okay?” She murmured watching him until he had to hang up and she took the dog out for a walk to distract her.

He just nodded as he watched her wanting to get home to her as soon as possible. He hung up and headed out going out to report to his supervisor to get in the truck to their next spot looking over at Chris. “So how weird is your dog?” He asked chuckling a bit trying to make the best of things.

Chris chuckled some at the mention of the dog "He's pretty cute to be honest. Got short little legs and big ears with one blue eye." he said with a small smile "We're gonna try for a baby when I get back." he said trying to stay positive and think about the good things to come.

Max sat at home and cuddled the dogs close as she cried softly. She could tell Jon wasn't himself already, and it scared her that he would'nt be him when he came home.

He nodded some and chuckled. “Three months to go and you two can go at it like jack rabbits. Max wants to try again now but... I dunno.... I’m cautious.” He explained as they got over to the meet point and were given their briefing before getting into the trucks and heading out.

She smiled as she got over to Max’s place and banged on the door hearing Boss start barking on the other side until she opened the door. “Come on. Dog walk. Hey Boss. Hey buddy how you doing?” She fussed over him a lot while they waited and just smiled over at Spud. Forever6A7X Forever6A7X

Chris gave a small chuckle and nodded some "Just take it easy man, let the doctors keep a close eye on her and Im sure she will be fine." He said right before they got out to do their task for the day.

Max came out smiling softly and taking a deep breath "How is he?" She asked softly as she got the leashes on the dogs.

She smiled a little walking with her. “Spud is doing good. He’s so happy all the time. He gets up at 4am every single night to go out for two minutes though. Chris is still being funny... I think he’s gonna quit when he gets home.”

Jon chuckled and put his helmet on leaning back on the way there doing his rounds with Chris until they started hearing the gun shots.

Max nodded softly and gave a heavy sigh "I wish Jon would leave....it takes so much out of him every time he comes back. I know he hates it there." She murmured trying to keep herself together. She was tired of being the army wife, she wanted her husband back and wanted him to stay there.

Chris frowned and went around to see what was happening. He yelled for Jon before firing off shots. He rushed in trying to save his members making sure they were safe before he yelled pit feeling a bullet and then another and another shoot through his body. His had given his vest to a civilian to save them and he was paying for it now.

Jon frowned seeing him over on the other side of the street moving guys back to the truck and he watched in horror as his friend dropped to the ground and he ran over with Carter and grabbed him getting him in the back and trying to keep pressure on it. “No Chris come on keep yourself awake for me dude! Come on you got scar waiting on you with a dog. You’re gonna have a family.” He yelled at him lightly slapping his cheeks to try and keep him awake. “Talk to me! Jackson you gotta take a shortcut he’s bleeding out!” He called to the guy at the front, making the call on his radio to get the medic team ready and he was getting ready one second and the next they were 20 feet away from the truck and his head was ringing, seeing the medic trucks heading their way before he passed out.

She frowned some watching her. “I can try to get Chris to talk to him. But army is all Jon has ever known isn’t it?” She asked her. Her and Chris had been together since high school but they’d both gone through college together and he’d done a year in an office before joining the army so he at least knew a life outside of it.

Max nodded softly and sighed heavily "He was always set on the army, ever since we were kids. Im worried about him Scar...what am I supposed to do if he doesn't make it back?" she asked starting to cry and hyperventilate at the awful thought. She usually had a break down like this around this time of them being gone.

Chris gave a small groan before he passed out not knowing what was happening but he was fading fast. He had no idea they had gone over a mine. The next time he awoke he was in a bed that he didnt recognize. He took a deep breath and tried to calm down but his monitors were spiking quickly.

Scarlett just hugged her tightly and tried to soothe her smiling when boss tried to get up closer to her trying his best to comfort her. “You tryna make your mommy feel better?” She cooed to him.

Jon had already woken up but was asleep again a few beds down and a medic went over to Chris quickly trying to calm him down. “Hemsworth we’re taking you home... you’re on a flight back to the USA, your wife is being informed already. You need to rest. You’re gonna be going in for surgery soon as we get back Alright? Try to stay calm for me.” He coaxed him as he started upping the sedative until he made sure he had blacked out again.

Max wiped her eyes and took a deep breath "Sorry...I didnt mean to break down." She whispered frowning as Scarlett's phone rang multiple times. She took the dogs and played with them a bit while Scarlett took the call.

Chris relaxed some and grunted seeing Jon in bed. He pointed over some looking at the guy before his sedative kicked in and he fell back into the dark sleep

“Oh you’re fine you’re fine.” She waves it off but stood up and answered the phone walking a few steps away. “Hello? Scarlett Hemsworth speaking?” She asked down the line. It had only come up as a number so she was a little confused.

He woke up a bit more as they landed and started trying to get up grabbing one of the attendees by the arm. “My wife.... you have the wrong number.” He grunted still in s lot of pain feeling like someone had put a knife through his head it was pounding so bad.

The general stood away and sighed heavily "Mrs.Hemsworth...your husband has suffered severe injuries while on our last mission. Three bullets to the chest while trying to save his troops, he is a hero m'am. He is being flown home right as we speak and will be put into surgery immediately." He informed her giving a small sigh "We'll have someone come to get you if you'd like to be taken to the hospital he will be stationed in."

Max heard her phone ring as well and picked up "Hello Max Bernthal speaking." She said down the line gasping as she heard the soldier down the line. She dropped her phone not knowing about Chris at all and much worse off he was.

She froze where she stood hearing that and looked over at Spud. “Yes please... I’m not home right now but I’ll be there as soon as possible. Thank you for telling me.” She told him quietly and hung up picking Spud up. “Max I gotta go... Chris is... I’ll call you later.” She whimpered and took off running back towards her house on the base to try and get there and sort the dog out in time for her to get a ride to the hospital.

Jon passed out as they moved him off of the plane and into the ambulance while they rushed him to the hospital to get him in for observation into the CCU.

Max frowned more and quickly went home taking deep breaths. They hadnt given her the option to see him and she was panicking just waiting for the next call to tell her where he was.

The soldier knocked on the Hemsworth's door waiting for her to answer. As she answered he stood at attention "Mrs.Hemsworth, Im here to escort you to the hospital." He said letting her get her things

She nodded and got in the back of the car thanking him while he started driving away quickly with the military police sirens on so they got there in record time just walking in quickly and following him to the waiting room sitting there with her head in her hands and now finally taking the time to process what had happened. It had all gone so quickly.

He lay there staring at the wall and wanting to know where max was finally hearing her voice down the hall a couple hours later and looked up to see her walk in just reaching over to her. He had sustained minor head trauma and a broken leg plus there had been a lot of shrapnel get stuck in his abdomen but he was doing okay.

Max finally got the call and rushed to the hospital off of base trying to keep calm as she drove so she could focus. She gasped seeing him layed up in bed. She took his hand letting tears fall "Oh Jon....they said you'll have surgery tomorrow." She whimpered trying to not stress too much because she knew he would be okay.

Chris layed there unconcious not being responsive to Scarlett being there but he was stable for the time being. His nurse came in and checked him over before handing paper work to Scarlett "They told us you would need to fill out his personal information....take your time m'am, we've scheduled him for surgery as soon as he is stable enough." She assured her before walking out

He shook his head watching her, gripping her hand tighter. “Where’s Chris? He make it?” He asked her frantically. “He got shot... three bullets to the chest. We were taking him back to camp and I think we hit a land mine.” He grunted starting to go into a panic remembering what had happened just pulling her in closer.

She sat down next to the bed taking his hand tightly and kissing his knuckles before filling out the information as much as she could just watching him carefully still in shock and sending out silent prayers he would make it. She couldn’t stop staring at his right leg for now though. She had already been told they were going to have to amputate above the knee and it scared her what that would mean for him but she sat there quietly with him just waiting and murmuring to him how much she loved him.

Forever6A7X Forever6A7X

Max frowned a bit crawling into bed with him quickly and placing his head on her chest. She knew it calmed him quicker than anything else, as she processed what he said about Chris she whimpered softly "You did hit a land mine....I have no clue about Chris baby, I'm sure he will be okay." she whispered kissing his forehead and ran her fingers through his hair trying to stay calm for him.

Chris groaned softly and squeezed her hand softly trying to wake up a bit but it was difficult. He had no idea his leg was about gone, and only knew of the bullets. He took a deep breath and looked at her taking all of his energy to do so "Scarlett......I love you....I'm so sorry if I go..." he whispered taking a deep breath again closing his eyes tight

He whimpered louder and held onto her tightly, scared to close his eyes as it kept playing over and over in his head along with everything else they'd been put through on that tour, holding her hand desperately and starting to hyperventilate, sending his monitors into a frenzy but the nurse that came in to sedate him stood out of sight from him waiting to see if his wife would be able to calm him first. "I can't... How many.... How.... I can't breathe." He grunted.

She frowned not hearing what he said it was so quiet and just rubbed his hand. "Chris? Chris honey I love you, it's gonna be okay baby, I promise you it's gonna be just fine, don't fight against that tube for me bubba, just relax... You gotta try and fight for me okay? I love you so much and I need you to do your best, no matter what that is... I'm so proud of you no matter what Chris okay?" She murmured frowning when she heard alarms going off and she stood up being moved out of the way by staff and watching as he flatlined in front of her, covering her mouth and sank to the floor watching them work on him terrified.

Max rocked him gently and hummed quietly "Jon think of our wedding, remember my dress? How mad I was that it wouldn't zip for an hour and a half? Then finally before I had to walk out it zipped?" she asked giving a small laugh. She knew recalling a happy memory for him helped him a lot as well but this didn't seem to be working "Remember when we found Boss? How he attached to you instantly?" she asked knowing he loved those dogs more than anything. She really didn't want them to sedate him because it wouldn't help in the end when he would wake up again.

Chris grunted softly and tried to say it again but it was too much. He soon felt his chest get tight and breath hard to get before he blacked out again.

She watched as they moved him out of there the moment they had him breathing again to get him into surgery as they had explained that it was now or never and she went to sit in the hallway with her head in her hands trying her best to stay composed but it wasn’t just another broken leg. The threat of losing him right now was very real.

Jon nodded softly listening to her talk about the dogs. “I wanna see them... They’re such good dogs.” He grunted trying to focus on them instead of war and eventually he managed to breathe a bit steadier and once he had settled his nurse nodded over to max and left them both on their own. “Can you go check on Chris please? I need to know if he’s okay... he saved my life and I tried but I made them take a shortcut... I need to know if he’s okay.” He told her as he started falling asleep having exhausted himself.

Max nodded softly and kissed the top of his head "I will baby, I'll try to see if I can get the dogs too." she explained softly before she got up and went to find where Chris was. When she saw Scarlett she quickly rushed over and hugged her tightly "Oh god Scarlett is he okay?" she asked softly letting a few tears fall scared for her best friend and her husband. She loved those two like family and she wanted him to be okay.

She couldn't manage a response beyond shaking her head and sat there trembling until there was nothing more her emotions could give and she sat there staring at the floor "HIs heart stopped...They took him in for surgery... They're still not sure if he's gonna make it or not, they got amputate his leg though, I can't lose him... I can't, I don't know what I'd do without him." She whispered frowning not even registering for ages that Max was there and it wasn't her that had told her what had happened. It wasn't until they came out when the surgery was over that she eventually clicked "How did you get here? Is Jon alright?" She asked her quietly, standing up ready to go back to the room with Chris to be there when he would wake up

Max stayed there with her the entire time. She could tell Scarlett had no idea she was there, but she wasnt going to leave her friend alone. As they wheeled Chris in and Scarlett finally realized she was there "He is okay...just shaken up, he got shrapnel stuck in him." she said softly letting her go in and talk with the nurses. As a nurse walked out she stopped her "Is he okay? He's like my brother, can you tell me what happened?" she asked softly

Chris laid there knocked out while the doctor checked him over once more before turning to Scarlett "We have him scheduled for amputation surgery tomorrow if he goes through well tonight. The body went into shock from the trauma sustained to his body. M'am its a slim chance he'll make it through the night." he explained trying to make sure she was okay.

Scarlett took a seat next to the bed frowning some but nodded "He made it through all of that, I'm not gonna lose him now he's resting." She muttered more to herself than anything, taking his hand in hers tightly and watching him carefully "He's gonna be okay." She whispered tiredly but refusing to go to sleep, too scared that she would lose him if she fell asleep.

The nurse nodded to her and explained that he had coded twice on the table but all three bullets had been removed. "Mostly tissue damage but one had been lodged deep enough in his lung that they had had to remove a portion of the lung as well and that he would be going into surgery again tomorrow for them to amputate the leg. "Your husband woke up a few minutes ago as well ma'am." She told her and left her to it while she went off to do her rounds.

Jon sat up a bit more in bed when he saw her come in. He had a cup of water with a straw on a table over the bed and reached for her when she walked in "I forgot you were still here, how is he?" He asked her quietly wanting her close again

Max thanked her before going to Jon "He is okay now." she whispered holding onto him. She didn't want to fully tell him everything, he didn't need to have another panic attack "How are you feeling?" she asked quietly as she held him close and ran her fingers through his hair kissing his forehead repeatedly.

Chris made it through the night and soon awoke in the morning trying to figure out what was happening as he tugged at the tube in his throat groaning loudly trying to get Scarlett's attention wanting her next to him. He still had no idea about this leg but he was soon starting to realize he could barely feel it at all.

He frowned a bit and shrugged "Not great... They put me on moderate painkillers... I guess it's better than being an opioid addict." He mumbled tiredly, relaxing under her touch "I love you... I missed you so much." He whispered "What did they tell you when they called you?" He asked her quietly, holding her close protectively through the night, not able to sleep much.

Scarlett frowned hearing weird noises and woke up seeing what he was doing, quickly getting up and taking his hands away from his face "No honey look at me, it's okay, I'm right here." She murmured realising she must have fallen asleep at some point "Look at me Chris, it's okay baby I go tyou... I got you you're gonna be okay." She promised kissing his hand repeatedly, "They got the bullets out baby, you're gonna be okay." She promised him

Max woke up in the morning and yawned tiredly before looking down at Jon. She kissed the top of his head and sighed quietly. He would most likely go home today if the surgery goes well to get the shrapnel out of his stomach.

Chris grunted some but relaxed as he saw Scarlett come into his vision. He squeezed her hand tightly and took deep breaths trying to relax just staring at her. He was going to be okay, he wasnt going to loose her and thats what mattered to him.

He woke up shortly after her shivering a little and rest against her exhaustedly. “Morning.” He mumbled. His head was pounding like no tomorrow and the pain was making him feel sick to his stomach while he lay there trying to breathe through it and just held her tightly.

She frowned smoothing his hair back. “Relax baby. You’re gonna be okay.... oh it’s so good to see those beautiful eyes.” She whispered kissing his cheek and got the bed raised so he was almost sat up straight. “Show me with your hand. How are you feeling?” She asked him quietly. She had already pressed the call button so they would know he’d woken up

Max held him close sighing softly "Morning love." she whispered noticing his demenour "Whats wrong?" she asked quietly pulling away from him a small bit

Chris put his thumb down just wanting to hold her and get this tube out of his throat. He ached all over but thankfully the painkillers had taken away his excrutiating pain.

Scarlett frowned some, giving his hand a supportive squeeze "Spud can't wait for you to come home so you're gonna have to get better so you can meet him properly." She murmured kissing his knuckles "Just relax baby they're gonna come get the tube out soon." She promised kissing his head. "Do you remember what happened?" she asked him

He groaned a bit but didn't say anything just trying to pull her back in closer a bit, not having the energy to even speak until a nurse came in to run a physical so they could take him for surgery

Chris gave a small smile at the mention of the dog and gave a small thumbs up. He frowned softly as she mentioned the incident and put a side ways thumb. He rememvered the shooting vividly but the explosion he had no idea about at all.

Max held his hand as the nurse checked him over and sighed softly "Ill be here when you get back okay baby? Its going to be okay." she murmured softly

He frowned a bit shaking his head "Don't go away." HE whimpered refusing to let her leave his side while he was wheeled to the OR, gripping her hand tightly and looking at her with pure terror in his eyes while they got him set up whimpering and shaking still when they put the mask over his face and told him to take deep breaths and start counting back, feeling Max's hand brushing his forehead and just staring up at her, feeling his eyelids get heavier and heavier

Scarlett nodded watching a nurse come in with his doctor while they got the tube out and replaced it with a mask before telling her they were taking him for surgery in a short while and the doctor turned to Chris and sat down, explaining to him that they would be removing his right leg up to mid-thigh because there had been an explosion and it had destroyed his leg beyond repair

Max watched him carefully letting a tear fall as his eyes closed before she was told to step outside "Please.....if he needs me...let me in." she explained trying to stay calm.

Chris felt relaxed as the tube was taken out. He listened to the doctor and frowned looking at his leg going wide eyed before turning to Scarlett with terror in his eyes "Gone?" he asked softly his voice hoarse and dry from the tube

She moved to sit next to him on his better side and just nodded wrapping her arms around his waist kissing his shoulder. “I know honey I know it’s gonna be fine though I swear. I love you and I’m not going anywhere and I’m gonna be here for everything you need.” She murmured kissing his cheek and passed him the cup of ice cubes getting him to suck on one. “Just try to relax.” She whispered.

The nurse assured her everything would be alright and sent her to wait outside as it would be a couple hours at least, suggesting she went and found something to do.

Chris frowned and did his best to relax feeling like he was nothing now. How would he protect his family without a leg? How would he provide? Jobs were so scarce for veterans these days, so many thoughts rsn through his head that he had no idea Scarlett was talking with him

Max sat out there for about an hour waiting for Jon to come out. She rushed up to the nurse who was helping him as the others rolled him into the room "How did it go?" she asked

Scarlett frowned holding him close protectively while she let him process the information just continuously kissing his cheek, getting up when they came to take him for the surgery.

The nurse assured her everything had gone smoothly and he would be able to go home in the morning just so they could keep him for observation overnight letting her go see him.

Max nodded and went in to see him quickly taking his hand "Hey baby." she whispered giggling softly as he looked at her with a doped up smile "How you feeling?" she asked

Chris frowned as they started taking him out "Where are you taking me?! Scarlett don't let them take me!!" he yelled getting a flashback and just seeing his generals taking him away from her again.

He smiled over at her and gave her a thmbs up tiredly. "Ready to go home." He said hoarsely as they'd already taken the tube out from the surgery and he gave her hand a squeeze, trying not to freak out despite feeling the onset of a panic attack for no reason. Although he wasn't showing it, his monitors certainly were and with him being calm on the outside it just made it look like his heart was failing.

She frowned and followed them when they asked her to so it didn't send him into another arrest "I'm here honey, it's alright, it's gonna be fine I promise." She murmured to him taking his hand tightly "Look at me, I'm gonna be right here when you wake up I promise okay?" She murmured, squeezing his hand again

Max frowned softly and kissed his hand softly "Baby look at me, tomorrow we get to see the dogs yeah? They'll be so happy to see you baby." she murmured knowing he was having a panic attack, she could see it in his eyes. Taking deep breaths she gave a small smile "And think about it, we get to try for a family soon too." she said seeing the nurses rush in.

Chris let tears fall and nodded softly trying to keep himself together while he kept his eyes on her "I love you so much Scarlett, I love you." he whispered still beyond scared to loose his leg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back