• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I Choose Death Before Dishonor

Characters
Here
The week before and after the funeral had gone by in a blur for Scarlett and she was hoping life would stay that way but she had to take care of Lucas and Chris now and with all the added stress they'd been going through, she had noticed that Chris's breathing had been getting worse and worse and so tonight she had stayed home instead of disappearing for the night for a drive, heading into their room after putting Lucas to bed and frowned at him, helping him get his leg off "I'm getting you an appointment tomorrow." She told him.

Jon frowned some and rest his head back a bit, his hands rubbing his eyes. He'd been working since 6 in the morning on getting all the plans finished and all the contractors organised for turning the place into a gym so that he could go to the bank and tell them how much of a business loan he needed and to say that it was stressing him out would be the worst kind of understatement. Max had gone to bed an hour ago so when he felt hands go to his shoulders, he just about jumped out of his skin

The past two weeks had been nothing but hell for Chris. Dealing with the funeral, his wife disappearing for hours at random times, it was taking its toll. He had missed work the past couple of days because he could barely breathe but he couldnt get checked out, they didnt have the money for a hospital visit right now. He sook his head softly and laid back some "I'll be alright.." he wheezed

Max had gotten up to get some water sighing some when she saw Jon at the dining room table with papers scattered everywhere. She was so proud of how hard he was working on this gym, but she was worried that he was getting too stressed about it. She went over and ran her hands down his chest some "Sorry." She whispered when he jumped "Come to bed babe, you need some sleep."

Scarlett shook her head a little and made him look at her "No... No I already made that mistake once and I left it too late to get her checked out by a doctor and now we have lost our little girl, I can't lose you too." She told him, kissing his cheek and going to get sorted for bed before crawling in noext to him, falling asleep for the night.

He tilted his head and looked up at her "Let me finish this page and I'll be right there." he promised, kissing her hand and let her go, finishing off another two pages before heading up to their room and seeing her curled up with a book. "I love you." He murmured to her, kissing her head and snuggling in close to her in bed

Chris sighed heavily and nodded some sitting up a bit as he tried to fall asleep only able to get into a light sleep

Max gave a soft smile putting her book down snuggling into him "Hey handsome." She whispered kissing his cheek softly before tracing patterns on his chest lightly.

Jon smiled and moved so he was laying with his head by her stomach. “Do we really have to wait 9 months now?” He asked her quietly. They’d found out a week ago that she was pregnant and he couldn’t have been happier. “I want them here now.” He pouted hp at her.

Scarlett didn’t sleep at all that night and she was up and down with the baby all night until about four in the morning and she took Lucas back to their room to lay down with him on her chest but paused and frowned at chris shaking him awake. “Come on I’m taking you to the er.” She told him quietly. He was hardly taking in any air at this point and she wasn’t sure How alert he was when she woke him up, passing him his inhaler and helping him take a couple puffs seeing if that would help.

Max gave a small laugh as she ran her fingers through his hair and nodded softly "Im afraid so." She murmured taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. Ever since she found out she had been terrified,but she knew she had to keep her stress levels down because it would do more damage.

Chris woke up wheezing badly ans still half asleep. He took a few puffs of his inhaler which barely did anything before he slipped on a shirt and his house slippers following Scarlett to the car

Scarlett frowned getting Lucas buckled in and then helped chris in, kissing his cheek and got him buckled in then got in and started driving trying not to panic. “Talk to me... what are you feeling?”

Jon smiled and gently traced circles on her stomach with his thumb lifting her shirt up. “I love you. I can’t wait for this baby.” He murmured tiredly and happily

Chris grumbled incoheriant words before taking in a shaky breath "Tight.....tight." he managed to get out before he fell back into sleep

Max smiled softly "Neither can I." She said softly running her fingers through his hair yawning softly "I love you Jon Bernthal,more than anything in this world."

Scarlett frowned and drove as fast as she could and parked waking him up and helping him out of the car taking Lucas in his carrier and took chris inside and up to the desk feeling slight relief when they came to get him immediately.

Jon smiled and moved to lay with her turning the lights off and kissed her head. “Goodnight I love you.” He murmured.

Max gave a small smile "I love you too." She whispered falling asleep with him.

Chris grunted as he woke up fully hooked up to machines looking for Scarlett but she was outside of the room talking to his doctor.

She frowned some listening to him explain what was happening to him, chewing on her lip and spoke with him for another five minutes before walking into the room and set Lucas down in the buggy again now he had fallen asleep, going to sit with Chris and took his hand gently "Hey handsome..... Oh you have no idea how good it is to see those eyes." She whispered, reaching over and carressing his cheek, "You've been out all night, we got here and you collapsed at the front desk, they got you on a stretcher and soon as they started moving you, you stopped breathing." She whispered frowning. "Total respiratory failure again, the scarring has gotten worse this time and they want to start thinking about double lung transplant." She whispered knowing they didn't have the money for that even for a moment.

Jon woke up in the morning and stretched out, going downstairs to get some coffee then took the dogs for a walk to give her some space for the morning seeing as she'd been adamant she didn't want him touching her when she was getting mornign sickness but he didn't mind, he was just happy that they were getting everything on track finally. He stayed out for an hour and then headed home, going to shower and went back downstairs sitting on the couch with Max while she watched TV "Hey, how you feeling?" He asked her quietly

Max looked at him with squinted eyes looking half asleep still "Like shit....baby wont let me keep anything down." She mumbled taking a deep breath trying to not get sick by some smell in the air

Chris frowned listening to her intently. He took as deep of a breath as he could shaking his head a bit "Scarlett....we...we dont have the money for that." He whispered

She shook her head, "Shh... Don't you even worry about that. I don't care about whether we have the money or not I care about you surviving." She told him, kissing his head "I love you, get some rest love, you're gonna need as much as possible." She murmured and kissed his knuckles.

Jon smiled and got her to lay down, gently getting a damp flannel and lay that across her forehead, getting her some ice chips to suck on to try and settle her stomach

Chris nodded some and took a deep breath looking at Lucas smiling some "He been good?" He asked quietly

Max gave him a small smile squeezing his hand gently "Thank you." She said softly smiling as Venice curled up next to her on the floor.

She nodded and gently brushed hair out of chris’s Face. “He’s been well behaved... get some rest love They’re gonna come run more tests in an hour or so.” She explained kissing his head and moved to get some water out of the tap.

Jon smiled and kissed her head gently. “It’s okay... I gotta look after my wife and little boy.” He told her snilingwide.

Chris nodded some and reached for the water "Please....my throat is so dry." He murmured taking the water as she handed it to him.

Max laughed softly "And what if its a girl? I think we should have a girl to balance out the ratio of girls to boys." She said laughing softly again.

He shook his head smiling. “I just know this ones a boy.” He murmured and kissed her head again “I love you so much”

Scarlett helped him take small sips then got him to lay down to rest for a short while for when they came to run more tests just holding his hand while he slept and watched him and Lucas carefully trying to force herself to stay in the room.

Max smiled softly and kissed him gently "Mmmm I love you too." She whispered squeezing his hand gently.

The doctor gave a soft sigh and took his blood work out to run the tests to make sure he didnt have an infection.

Scarlett stayed while he fell asleep again then took Lucas down to the canteen for her to get a bit of food then went back up to the room and sat cradling him close. He was the only thing keeping her grounded right now and the only thing that could make her smile. She hadn't even gone to the funeral in the end, she'd left the house first thing in the morning and had come back late at night but she just couldn't face doing that. She couldn't let herself admit it had all happened.

He smiled and turned the TV on quietly for a bit then went to get to work again on all the paper filing he needed to do for applications and blueprints and planning and he sat there for hours at his laptop trying to get it all finished so he could get everthing handed in by the end of the week

Chris had been having so many issues since Maya's death, he just couldn't hide them anymore from her. He felt like she didn't care about anything anymore. It pissed him off beyond belief that she didn't even show up to the funeral, and her randomly leaving half the time had no help on his recent stress that he had been under.

Max came up and kissed the back of his head smiling softly "You're doing so great babe, I'm so proud of you." she whispered kissing his temple.

His nurse popped in to check on him after Scarlett had taken Lucas to go change his diaper, getting Chris to wake up and helped him sit up, another nurse coming in to join her and she pulled out a couple of pieces of equipment to run the tests with him, showing him the first one and explaining she needed him to blow into it as hard as he could and for as long as he could and then the second would be to test for fluid build up. She frowned some when the first test showed up that his lung function had decreased since yesterday and she got him to take it again but it was still the same result and made a note of that. Scarlett got back in there as they were helping him to lay back again and let him keep the hospital gown pulled down as it was so hot now that it was summer.

He smiled and glanced up at her "All this should be finished by the end of the week, I hope so at the very least." He murmured, stretching some, "What are you up to the rest of today?" He asked, rubbing Bam Bam's head when he came and stood next to him

Chris looked at Scarlett taking deep breaths as he looked at her sweating up a storm from being so hot and not being able to breathe "Everything....okay?" He panted worn out from the tests

Max gave a small smile "Just some editing." She murmured sitting down next to him and holding his hand in hers.

Scarlett frowned and nodded setting Lucas down then got a damp wash cloth and tried to help chris cool down. “I’m just worried about you.” She murmured then let him hold Lucas for a minute ready to take him if he started feeling weak.

He nodded and slipped his arm around her waist holding her close, resting his head against hers. “Okay.... I’m gonna go take a shower then i’ll be right back down okay?”

Chris held his son close and sighed some just watching as Lucas squirmed a little before settling in and staring at him with his big blue eyes.

Max nodded some and yawned quietly rubbing her stomach gently "We cant wait to meet you." She whispered

Scarlett frowned watching him carefully and gently rest her upper body across his leg. “You mean the world to me you know that? I just want everything to be okay and for you to get better.” She murmured.

Jon came back down once he we clean and smiled st her some, leaving to take the dogs for a second walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back