• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I Choose Death Before Dishonor

Characters
Here
She frowned atching him and squeezed his hand again "Shh, shh it's okay I know honey I know, I love you too and it's gonna be okay I promie" She murmured, waiting with him until they had put him to sleep and she left to wait in his room.

Jon frowned some and nodded, starting to feel really lightheaded, "I don't... I don't feel so good." He slurred out to her, his vision going blurry

Chris made it through the surgery but just barely. They nearly lost him but got him back quickly. As they wheeled him in they explained to Scarlett what had happened and that he would be put on a therapy schedule within the next week.

Max frowned some as his monitors spiked more and the nurses stepped in quivkly pushing her out of the room.

She thanked them quietly and waited til they moved him back in then sat near him, holding his hand adn watching TV quietly while she waited for him to wake up, glancing over feeling him moving around some and smiled "Hey handsome... How you feeling?" She asked him quietly, giving his hand a squeeze and carefully moved so she was sitting with him and pulled him in so he was laying back against her chest

He frowned as they got him on something to try and relax him and after a short while they went to let Max know that it was because they had brought him out of the anaesthetic too quickly and he'd reacted badly to it then left her to privacy with him and he reached for her "C'mere... I need wifey cuddles." He murmured tiredly

Chris just stared at his leg not saying a word. He heard her, but he was still trying to process that it was actually gone. He reached over with his free hand and patted the empty space where his leg should be.

Max gave a small smile and cuddled him close "Mmmm Ive missed my hubby cuddles." she said giggling softly and kissing his cheek gently

She frowned and kissed the side of his head worried sick about him just keeping him close not knowing what to say to make it better for him but she would try. “You’re Home Chris. You’re home and alive and that’s what matters” she murmured crying a little hating watching him like this.

He smiled and leaned into her more. “I love you... tell me everything you’ve been up to since I left.”’he murmured holding her hands and cuddling her gently.

Chris took a deep breath and nodded softly "Its gone Scarlett.......how do I get around? Who is going to want an amputee workibg for them?" he asked quietly. He was beyond worried about their future now that this had happened to him.

Max smiled softly "Well I havent been up to much, working and playing with the dogs." she explained "Work has been crazy as of late, senior portrait time of year, you would think these kids would know how to pose. Apparently not though."

She frowned and made him look at her, "You listen to me and you listen good... We will cross that bridge when we get to it you hear me? I love you and I'm not going anywhere and I made a promise when we got married that I would be with you to look after you til the day I died and I'm not about to break that promise." She told him, kissing him gently. "Step one, let's get you healed enough to get you home." She murmured. She already had a plan in place to help get him back to being himself but she knew it was gonna be hard.

He chuckled a bit and winced when that hurt his stomach but he leaned back and watched her tiredly "I love you... I missed you so much." He murmured "You're not gonna be in toruble missing work right now are you?" He asked her worried about that for her. "I mean come on, this has got to be special circumstances." He murmured then frowned some "I wanna go home Max." He told her desperately.

Chris let a few tears fall but nodded softly "I dont know what I'd do without you Scarlett, I love you so much." he whispered before kissing her softly and sighing heavily "Have they said when I can go home? I wanna meet this Stumpy dog." he said giving a cheesy grin

Max shook her head some "They told me to take however long I need." she murmured before kissing his forehead "Tomorrow baby, they said we can go tomorrow." she murmured to him softly

"I already told you I renamed him Spud." She giggled, running her fingers through his hair soothingly and kissed his cheek "You're gonna be here for a couple days more okay? Your heart stopped during this surgery so they wanna keep you for observation." She explained quietly kissing his cheek again and held him close "You mean the world to me Chris."

He nodded a bit and smiled at her "I need to walk I think... Can we go see Chris?" He asked her kissing her palm repeatedly just keeping her close grateful that she still stuck around after all the shit they had been through together

Chris chuckled some "I still like Stumpy." he said groaning some when she said he would have to stay "Well can I move around? Go get food with you in the cafeteria or something?" he asked them frowned some "Sh*t havr you talked to my mom?"

Max sighed softly "Let me ask a nurse okay? I dont know if walking is the best right now." she murmured kissing his cheek before she got up to ask a nurse

She smiled some shaking her head "Of course you do." She murmured then nodded "They want you up this afternoon with crutches to see how it goes and then you and me are gonna go outside to the garden to get you some fresh air for five minutes." She promised then shook her head "I can't get a hold of her, I called her work and they said she's heading down to us but she's not answering her phone." She murmured to him.

His nurse smiled and assured her that it would be good for him to get up and walk. "It'll prevent blood clots my dear and I highly doubt that a heart attack would be a good thing for him." She pointed out going into the room with her and helping him to sit up then helped her get him standing and stable on his feet, giving him a walker for today to get him stable on his feet then gave them directions to Chris' room

Chris chuckled softly and nodded a bit "Id like to go out with you." he murmured before frowning softly "As long as she knows." he murmured kissing her cheek softly smiling as he saw Max and Jon at the door "Let them in." he said happy to see a familiar face

Max nodded some and helped get Jon up before she walked with him to Chris' room "Youre doing great babe." she murmured kissing him temple gently before knocking on the door the Chris' room hoping he would be up for visitors

Jon grunted a bit with the effort having to stop a couple steps outside his door then regathered his energy and walked in with max trying to hide his shock. “Hey... how are you doing?” He asked him going over and taking a seat and smiled.

Scarlett nodded and pecked his cheek holding him close til they walked in and she got up “I’m gonna go get a coffee babe. We’ll be back Alright?” She murmured tiredly pecking his cheek and taking Max’s arm leaving the room and taking her out to the cafeteria. “They had to take his leg off... He’s struggling to get his head around it.” She mumbled. “He’s okay right now but when we get home.... I think it might just crash for him.” She mumbled.

Chris smiled some "Hey man, Im.....well Im trying." he explained giving a heavy sigh looking at his leg "They took it man....how am I supposed to support Scarlett with one leg?" he asked quietly

Max frowned and rubbed her back some "Oh Scarlett....Im so sorry." she whispered shaking her head a bit "Jon is....Jon is physically okay." she said softly takingna deep breath "His mental state isnt the best right now."

Jon frowned some and rubbed his face. “Be there with her I guess... she’s strong man you guys will be alright.” He muttered.

Scarlett frowned shaking her head some. “You can’t let him go back max he won’t make it back in one piece mentally. I think one more might break him.” She muttered shaking a little. “I know they told me they’re regarding him a hero but I just... a hero?! And they take that much away from him and that’s what it takes?!” She whimpered rubbing her face. “It’s not fair to them.”

Chris nodded and sighed heavily "Yeah...I guess man." he mumbled looking down some "How are you man?"

Max nodded letting a tear fall "I cant have him go back....its ridiculous this hero sh*t. Theyll give him a medal but will they help you both get things settled? No its bullsh*t. I cant even get therapy for Jon on our insurance." she said takingna deep breath trying to keep herself calm.

Immediately his guard went up at the question purely out of instinct and shrugged. “Sore but I’ll manage. They’ll want me back out there to finish the tour once I’m healed.” He said like it was nothing. “I got a couple years left in me I think.” He told him frowning some.

Scarlett shook her head in frustration. “It is. They’ll give him five sessions of guidance counselling then send him back out cause five sessions definitely fixes everything.” She muttered getting her drink and getting a table with max. “I still have no idea where the insurance will stand for Chris... where it will stop giving out... he took his vest off max... he took his vest off when you’re not supposed to. Either they commend him or they call it stupidity and the army don’t pay out a dime. Charlie called earlier and said they hadn’t made their mind up about it yet.” She sighed a bit.

Chris frowned more "Jon....Jon they took so much from us, how could you ever think about going back?!" he asked in complete shock, he knew how much Jon hated it there and he has no idea why he would want to go to that horror place

Max frowned more and shook her head some "Jon said he saved 3 guys Scarlett...if he hadnt have done what he had....they wouldnt have made it. If they dont commend him for that theyre f*cking idiots." she said sipping her drink softly taking a deep breath "Ive got to find a better job....if Jon doesnt go back,I dont know what he will do...and I cant pay bills by myself."

She nodded a bit and sighed heavily. “I just wanna get him home and from there I can get us back on track as much as possible. I already have my plan in place to keep him moving forward but it doesn’t mean that he’ll stick to it.” She smiled tiredly. “Get Jon Home. He might end up getting to the counsellor and being told he’s not mentally prepared. It depends who gets appointed as his rep.” She muembled getting up when they finished to go back up to the room.

Jon just shook his head. “It’s the only thing I know how to do Chris. It’s my job and my duty.” He muttered seeing max walk back in and smiled at her. “Hey beautiful. We going back to bed?” He asked her quietly and nodded when she did getting up and saying bye to Chris and Scarlett starting to make his way back with max.

“Hey handsome... you feeling up to getting up and moving about a little?” She asked him quietly, kissing his cheek and sitting on the edge of the bed running her fingers through his hair.

Chris saw the girls and gave a wave at them saying his goodbyes to Jon and Max nodding a bit "Yeah I am....Scarlett you gotta talk to Max, he is thinking about going back. I dont want to loose my bestfriend." he murmured squeezing her hand tight.

Max helped him to the room and gave a soft smile kissing his cheek some "Was that a good visit?" she asked softly helping him sit back down in bed.

-2 weeks-

Jon rolled out of bed frowning a bit and went down to feed the dogs rubbing at his face some. He wasn’t himself at all at this point. He had forgotten what it was to live a civilian life outside of the army and it had started taking its toll on him this time around. “Max! What time is it?” He called to her hearing her in the study.

Scarlett pulled up to the house after doing the groceries and parked taking all the bags inside. She was hoping that Chris and spuds first morning together had gone well. His mom had left the day before and she was finally more relaxed without her there. “I’m home!” She called to him hearing Spud yapping happily and she smiled seeing them together in the lounger. “You boys having fun?”

Max sat in the study trying to get a head start on her work so she wasnt so behind "Its 11:00 babe!" she yelled to him sighing heavily. His mood swings and not adjusting had taken a big tole on her. She was scared she had lost her husband this time around and she didnt know how to handle him fully this time.

Chris cuddled the dog close and made sure to give him all the love "Oh yeah, Stumpy and I had a blast." he said giving her a giant smile. When he got home and met the dog something clicked between the two of them and he fell in love with him. He could barely be seperated from him. He tried his best to keep his emotions underwraps and just not let everything affect him. It was taking a tole though, his therapy was so much work and he felt like he wouldnt get to walk the way he wanted.

“Oh my god. I should never have told you what his name was... honey please I can’t be yelling out Stumpy in the Park.... Spud. Please. For me.” She winked at him kissing his cheek and pulled out a box of veggie sticks and some hummus. “Here... I’m gonna do sandwiches for lunch but you start on that and I’ll be in in just a second.” She murmured kissing his cheek and unloaded all the groceries before taking their sandwiches into the lounge and passed him a soda as well. “How’s your chest feeling? You sounded like you were having trouble breathing last night” she mused watching the dog just nuzzle against chris’ side and smiled at him.

Jon groaned a little and went upstairs to take a shower before heading down there and got leashes on the dogs. “You coming for a walk?” He asked her, walking over and rubbing her shoulders, kissing the top of her head.

Chris chuckled softly but nodded. He took the food and frowned feeling his heart sink when he saw her haul in all of the groceries. He should be helping her, he almost got up to help but then he remembered he couldnt. He was trying to be optimistic for her but it was hard to think he would be fine in a year if that. He glanced at her and nodded "Yeah, just tightened up a bit. I sat up some and it lessened. They told me it might happen for a little but nothing too serious I promise." he explained squeezing her hand some

Max nodded some "Yeah Im caught up enough. I need a break anyways." she murmured before standing up and kissing his cheek gently before getting the dogs ready to go. As they walked out she bit her lip glancing at him "How are you feeling babe?"

Scarlett nodded a little frowning. “Alright... just ... be careful.” She told him quietly. “So... now that we have you Home... I think we need to have our main focus be getting your physio sorted and get you into your routine, I’ve already spoken to them about good taxi companies that will be helpful with getting you to and from when I go back to work.” She explained tilting her head back and looking up at him.

He smiled and shrugged. “Fine. Am I supposed to feel different?” He muttered. “Good to be home with you and the dogs but I need to get busy. I don’t do sitting around twiddling my thumbs.” He muttered. “I’m hoping they’ll clear me for light duties after tomorrow.” He mumbled tiredly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back