• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy i am yours, forever || w/ MoonGem

Erubus listened to what Tadhana was saying but he still felt jealous, he knew it would start with her hanging out with Samuel occasionally, and still visiting Erubus the same, but soon she would be spending wsy more time with Samuel, probably forgetting Erubus eventually.

Erubus sighed at the, "Favorite friend." part. He had developed a bit of a crush on Tadhana over the few months they had spent together. He hoped Samuel wouldn't affect his and Tadhana's relationship.

Tadhana began to worry if she had said something wrong when she heard him sigh. "You can always let me know about any of your concerns, and of course I'd listen," she said. Because she did genuinely value what Erubus thought and had to say. She didn't want to make him feel left out or disappointed or as if she doesn't listen to him, and certainly never on purpose. "If it helps, I like hearing you talk anyway! We can worry about Samuel later...I promise, you're still my favorite person, my friend, and I value you over him."

"I know, you're my favorite person as well." He smiled, bringing his hand to her cheek. Erubus looked into her eye's before slowly looking away. "Just be careful if you choose to become friends with him again." He warned, genuinely concerned about her. Erubus wanted her to be safe, he wanted to keep her safe.

"I promise I will," Tadhana said. She didn't want Erubus to worry. Of course, she didn't mind that he did, but it's more so that she didn't want to make him worry. But she's old enough to take care of herself, and she can certainly know who to make her friends. And she was glad that Erubus was one of the people she had chosen to make a friend. "And besides, I've already got you anyway. You're enough for me right now. And I'll try to be enough for you, whenever I can."

Erubus smiled, "You are enough for me Tadhana, you are more than enough to me." he smiled before looking away. Erubus shouldn't have said that, he was being too forward with Tadhana. He didn't want to ruin anything by acting like this towards her, he didn't want to ruin this friendship they had for a silly little crush that didn't even matter. "So... What would you like to do?"

"How about you help me gather some herbs and flowers, hm?" Tadhana suggested. Her face went a bit warm at his compliment, though she tried not to dwell on it any further than she had to. "I've been meaning to try to find some new varieties to plant in my garden. And I've been considering looking into herbal medicine, so there's that too!" She clapped her hands together eagerly, her eyes shining. "I'd be excited to do this with your help!"

Erubus smiled at her, "I'd love to." he said in a cheerful tone, excited to help and spend more time with her. Erubus grabbed Tadhana's hand softly before leading her left, he had seen some herb looking things there the other day. Erubus wasn't really good with plants like Tadhana was, he was better at cooking and preparing food.

Tadhana smiled and gripped his hand back. Her hand was easily covered by his, though it felt safe and warm there. Just like how she felt in his embrace. With that, she would walk deeper into the forest with a smile and realize that everything would be just fine while she still had him. When she had first arrived in Canterway, when she had first arrived to this new land at all, really, Tadhana hadn't been sure how well she would fit in here. Her parents had sailed across the seas to come here, and she had never felt accepted by her kind. She had even left her old village, her parents, to come to Canterway, where she didn't feel any more accepted or understood here.

But maybe, today, everything would be alright.

(( another time skip woohoo,, and then another after this before we get right into modern day stuff ))

Tadhana felt nervous.

Of course, it was often that she felt nervous. But more recently so, she certainly was. But today, she was going to see her lover and discuss more about what their future together was going to be like. Tadhana already had a strenuous relationship with most of the other villages, and Samuel in particular definitely seemed as if he wanted to get closer to her...and Tadhana wasn't sure whether or not he would take her rejection well. Especially when her heart was already with another man.

She had found Erubus again in the forest, wringing her hands nervously in front of her. But more than that, she did feel...happy, in a way. To know that they had each other, and that they really did love each other. Tadhana knew that, but she was still worried about what that might entail. What difficulties it might bring, what she had to do and what she had to learn now, if she wanted to spend her future with him. But it was still a conversation that they needed to have, so she needed to start it.

"What do you want in our future?" Tadhana had asked him. She looked up toward the rising sun, hugging herself gently as she felt the cold morning breeze around her. "Do you want me to build a new home with you here in the forest?"

Last edited:
Erubus had fallen in love with Tadhana within the three years he had now known her. He had finally had the courage to ask her to be his one day... and the rest was history. Over the time they had been together Erubus had given her several cute pet names, using them all the time. He also had been making her lot's of food so she never grew hungry.

Erubus listened as she asked him what he wanted in their future, he already knew what he wanted, he wanted to marry her and live with her, maybe even have children with her-. Erubus's thoughts came to a standstill as she asked him a second question, "Do you want me to build a new home with you here in the forest?" He froze for a second staying in complete silence before looking her in the eye's and nodding, "Yes... Yeah I'd love that."

Tadhana nodded as she took in his answer. It was going to take a lot of work to try to build a new home here by scratch. Clearing out the trees, shaping the logs...and also having to leave behind her old home. Despite everything, it had still been her home for years. The safe place that she could always return to. Of course now she had a new one, she will have a new one, but Tadhana might take some time to say goodbye to it. But she'd always have a home somewhere, and if it was here with Erubus, then she wouldn't mind that.

"Then we will," she said. "And it'll be the loveliest home anyone's ever seen." She smiled softly up at him. "And if we ever have children..." Tadhana trailed off from there. Could they have children together? It would be nice, though the thought did still make her feel apprehensive. Would she ever be a good mother? She had spent so many years struggling, it was hard to believe that she could ever properly provide for any children she could have. And these children would be hybrids, wouldn't they? What would their life be like, if they were brought into the world?

Erubus smiled at her words, happy Tadhana wanted to live here with him, happy that they would be together everyday, and happy that she would be safe with him. Erubus knew it would take some time for their home to be built and that it would also take time for Tadhana to pack and say goodbye to her home, but he didn't mind, not one bit. He didn't care how long it took, he just cared about her, he cared about being able to see her everyday once she was ready.

"And if we ever have children..." Erubus's heart skipped a beat at these words, he had wanted to have children with her but didn't know if she felt the same... Until she said that. "Would you really want to have children with me?" He asked, hoping she actually did. Erubus's mind was racing, what would they look like? Would he be a good father? How would he raise half-human half-demon babies?

"At some point, I would," Tadhana said. They didn't need to have it right away, and Tadhana thought that it was probably a good idea not to have them so soon. She did still want them, though, and maybe once they settled into their new life together and was stable enough to support children, they'll have them. It wasn't an immediate priority to Tadhana. She still had to figure out how to build their home, and having a nice garden as well was still at the forefront of her mind. A nice, clean cottage with plenty of space, with so many flowers and other plants around it...that would indeed be nice.

"I already have so many names that I want to give," she added. And maybe, when they did have children, Tadhana would finally return to her parents and introduce her children to them. If they still wanted to welcome her back after she left anyway...Tadhana might have to just cross that bridge when she got there. "But only if it'd make you happy too, of course."

Erubus smiled brightly, placing his hand on her cheek, excitement taking over him, "That'd make me happier than anything, I mean other than you of course!" He gave her a soft peck on the lips, continuing to smile.

"I can't wait to start a family with you." Erubus really couldn't wait, he couldn't wait for their new home, for their new life together.

Tadhana giggled softly as he pecked a kiss onto her lips. "Me too," she said. Their future together was so close, but it still felt so far away. She was...excited. No, more than that. How could she ever describe her excitement to be with him and have a piece of that life? To experience those years with him...Tadhana then realized that at some point, he would outlive her. She was human. She would age and die like most humans would. She worried a bit that when she grew older, Erubus would become bored of her.

But she shook those thoughts away from her head. He wouldn't do that to her, surely. He had already proven to her again and again that he loved her and was devoted to her. And in the end, when Tadhana passed away peacefully from her age, if they could still smile at each other and say that they would not take back a thing, then that was enough for her. It would be more than enough. He had given her his love, he had promised her love until the end of her life and past it, and Tadhana would gladly accept it. And she didn't know how else to express that except,
"Thank you."

And oh, surely, surely, it was meant to be.

(( wooo last time skip and then...modern day plot ๐Ÿ˜Œ ))

And that life, as it turned out, would not come to pass.

Tadhana had noticed the growing rumors and gossip passing around the village. Whispers of her name that passed between the ears of the other villagers, and she heard them even if she pretended not to. Whispers about how she went into the forest way too often than what certainly must be normal for a human being. But Tadhana tried to pay no mind to them. It wasn't until she rejected Samuel some time ago that those whispers grew. She saw him sitting down beside some of the other villagers, murmuring to them as he cast a dark glance toward her.

Still, Tadhana tried not to pay too much mind to them. She'd be out of Canterway soon and would live a life away from them if they didn't want her around that much.

What she hadn't been expecting was to be dragged right out of her home by her hair. She kicked and screamed at Samuel as he pulled her out of her home again and threw her onto the ground. Tadhana's eyes filled with tears as she recognized the other villagers standing before her, having accusatory looks on their faces, and Tadhana realized that they thought she was some kind of inhuman monster. Or at least, someone who associated with them.

Trembling, Tadhana could barely defend herself. It was barely a fair trial, and the more she spoke, the more she tried to clear herself, the more outraged they became. Their voices roared louder in her ears and she wasn't sure when it was that she knew that she wouldn't escape this alive. Maybe it was when the first blow struck her. Maybe it was when the third blow did. But the past hour was far too blurry for her to recall, especially as she felt more and more pain.

They trampled her flowers, jeering at her as they did so. They destroyed and broke apart her fragile home, even setting it on fire in front of her eyes. And then they circled around her, and Tadhana knew that they would not let her live. Tadhana screamed, she begged and pleaded with them, promising that she would leave and never come back. But when she tried to stand, they threw her onto the ground again and beat her until she could no longer stand.

Her blood stained the ground and she barely had the strength at all to fight. Not to stand up, and she found it hard to even breathe. They left her on the bloodied, coarse dirt as the sun began to set above her, and they all went back to their homes and left her alone, alone, alone, probably to celebrate getting rid of her. Smoke rose in the air from her blazing home and her eyes were stuck on her destroyed garden. She wanted to move. She wanted to call for help. But it felt too hard to do so.

Erubus could feel something was wrong... Especially when Tadhana hadn't come to the forest like she said she would. It had been hours now, Erubus's stomach felt sick... Something was terribly wrong.

Erubus arrived at Canterway in ten minutes, he had run through the forest to get their. His eye's widened as he saw flames in the direction of Tadhana's house. Oh god no... He ran towards her home, not caring if anyone saw him, he was so close as he turned a corner... And he saw her.

Erubus's eyes filled with tears as he quickly crouched down, pacing his arms around her. "Tadhana?! Wh-what happened?" He asked quickly through sobs. No this couldn't be happening... This couldn't be real, they were supposed to live together, supposed to start a family together, supposed to spend the rest of their lives together.

Tadhana could barely breathe. She recognized Erubus when he came for her, and it lifted some kind of weight off of her. She didn't know how to tell him what happened. She could barely find the strength to speak at all. "I'm sorry," she whimpered. "I-I'm so sorry." She thought that maybe if she had done better, if she had acted faster, then she wouldn't be in this situation right now. She didn't want to die, but right now, she cannot see how this could end any other way. And she was sorry. It hurts.

Erubus touched his face to hers, his tears still falling, "It's okay darling, I-It's okay." Erubus knew there was nothing he could do for her... Knew she was going to die here. He didn't want her to though, he wanted her to be okay, he wanted her not to be in any pain. Erubus reached for her hand, holding it in his. He didn't want to kill her but he also didn't want her to be in pain. "I love you s-so much Tadhana I-I... It's okay to go... Please go..." He said quietly, almost whispering, his voice cracked as he spoke through sobs.

Tadhana shut her eyes tightly, tears falling and slipping down past her cheeks. Her breaths hiccupped with both pain and sobs, and it hurt. She couldn't stop it from hurting, and she was so sorry, so sorry, so sorry. But despite it all, she couldn't bring herself to want the people who had done this to her to be harmed. Her eyelids cracked open ever so slightly and trailed over to the rest of the village, the houses that were still so safe and unburned, before she put her gaze back on Erubus. "Please...don't hurt them."

It was the last plea that she could make to him. She was scared of them, she was scared of what he might do to them, and she was scared to die, but she didn't want anyone else to die tonight either. Especially not over herself. Tadhana kept her eyes on him, taking in his face one last time. And she tried to smile. At the very least, he came for her. She wouldn't die alone. So with the slightest smile on her face, Tadhana closed her eyes again, trying to enter peace. Her limbs went limp, and her last breath finally escaped her.

Erubus sobbed loudly as he felt Tadhana go limp. His pained screams could be heard throughout the village, making people scared, they were running and trying to get to safety, which there was none... There was no place safe enough to hide from Erubus's wrath and pain.

He couldn't honor Tadhana's wish, he couldn't not get revenge for taking her away from him. He got up slowly, placing Tadhana's lifeless body gently back onto the ground, he was going to kill them... Kill them all.

After several hours he had hunted down every last person in the village and brutally murdered them, he didn't get the satisfaction he wanted from this though... He just felt empty, he felt like the only light in his life was gone... Because she was.

Last edited:
And that was probably the end of it all.

Canterway was destroyed, and Tadhana was gone. Gone for good. Erubus' revenge of course could not bring back the dead, and she was as still and quiet as she had been the moment she had died. She did not come back, and she wasn't going to. The news of Canterway's destruction would spread quickly, though as it had been a smaller, less important village it would not stick in the minds of many except for those who would become obsessed with trying to find out who or what caused it. And amidst all that, Tadhana's name would slowly become forgotten by all, except for one.

It was the end, but maybe it didn't have to be...

(( and now!! finally!! ))

Modern Day

If there was one word that Annek could use to describe the young succubus, it would be...much. She wore clothes that were a little too bright, a little too over-the-top, and she spoke a little too loudly than what Annek was used to. And were her pupils actually shaped like hearts? It was hard to tell if Annek tried not to pay too much attention to them. But still, whatever kind of person she was, she certainly seemed like one that wanted to suffocate everyone else in her vicinity in her presence.

"Hiiiiii!" Elinoria greeted them cheerfully, her eyes shining bright. A centipede was curled around her shoulders, and she was giving it gentle pets across what Annek assumed was its head. "Ugh, I better hope it's not boring as hell here. What are you gonna make me do anyway? You're not gonna make me wear ugly outfits, right? Please tell me I won't." Elinoria crossed her arms, rolling her eyes. "If we're gonna do boring shit here at least let me wear things that aren't boring."

Elinoria's mother, Kylthine, a succubus of some repute, had sent Elinoria here to work under Lord Erubus. Said that it'd help her get some nice experience anyway until Elinoria was ready to get out there in the world by herself. Annek, for some reason, had the sinking feeling that Kylthine just wanted to lay her daughter off on them. And unfortunately, in all the years that Annek's worked for Lord Erubus, he's never had to deal with anything close to babysitting someone before.

Erubus sat at his desk, glaring at Elinoria, "Dear God... You just got here and you're already annoying the everloving fuck out of me." he said with an annoyed tone.
Erubus was not very happy with this new intern and he had just met her, he could tell she was too much for him.

"You can wear anything you want Elinoria." Erubus replied to her question, rolling his eyes and sighing... He could already tell this internship would cause him to stress.

Elinoria snorted. "Well, at least it's an impression," she said snarkily. Oh, she was bold. Lord or not, Elinoria knew her own worth enough not to just bend over backward for someone she just met. What was the big deal about this guy anyway? Elinoria hmphed as she pet her centipede again. She was used to annoying others, but at least she knew that she was making some kind of impression. The last things Elinoria would ever want to be were boring or, gods forbid, forgettable.

Then she clapped her hands together.
"But I can wear anything I want!" she said. "Good! Now, please tell me that there are some good recreational facilities here. Good food, perhaps? Maybe even handsome and cute people to fight for my hand in courtship." Elinoria sighed. Oh, how badly she wanted some romance in her life. But she didn't think she'd really get any of it here. Not when her mother already told her before that she...well! Elinoria didn't need to think about that right now!

"We could try dealing with these questions one at a time," Annek said, trying to keep his voice even and trying not to let too much of his irritation slip into it. "But if you're looking for comfort, you probably won't find your type of it here."

"So I can make it!"
Elinoria said. "You would let me keep bugs here, right? And I mean...real insects, arachnids, arthropods who happen to all get lumped after that little umbrella of 'bug.' Mother would only let me bring Critter!" She gestured toward her centipede. "She's venomous, but don't worry, she's not hostile! She doesn't bite." Elinoria sighed. "I can raise a colony of crickets here, right? Or maybe even just keep a hornet's nest?"

Annek's first impression of her was certainly proving to be right. She was a lot. She certainly talked much more than Annek would like her to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back