• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy i am yours, forever || w/ MoonGem

Erubus let her down softly, "Lead the way." he leaned down and whispered in her ear. He was going to make sure Tadhana got home safely, make sure those vile humans didn't try and harm her. Erubus waited patiently for her to lead the way.

Tadhana nodded, feeling a shiver go down her spine at the way he whispered to her. She found it...interesting, how gentle he was being with her now. "Thank you," she whispered back. She took a quick look around, making sure that no one else was up. It was quiet, and it seemed like most everyone else was asleep in this part of the village...good. Ducking her head a little bit, Tadhana led the way toward her home, feeling more comfortable now to walk alone by herself in the night.

There, her home was situated almost at the outskirts of the village. Still within sight, but there was still some distance between it and the other homes in the village. It was small, only being one story and only having two rooms, where a box staircase led to a loft bedroom. At times, Tadhana did feel as if it was a little cramped, but she had to work with what she had. And hopefully, once she saved up enough money, she could afford a larger, more comfortable house with more space.

Surrounding the house were colorful flowers, more so than any other home in the village. Those had all been planted by Tadhana herself, to occupy herself and also to make her feel a bit better about her home. She wasn't sure how it looked to Erubus, though.
"My home isn't much," she admitted, almost ashamedly. It certainly spoke of how little she had, and even now it was getting harder and harder by the year to maintain the home when the wood creaks and looks like it could break apart at any moment. "But I try to work with what I have."

Erubus walked through the streets with her, looking around and admiring the scenery, it was so nice and little, feeling cozy to him.

Once he saw her house he smiled, it seemed cute and cozy, looking like it would be a nice quiet place. He loved the flowers around it, finding them a nice addition to the scenery.

"It's nice." he said reassuring her. Erubus walked Tadhana to her front door, he crouched down to look her in the eyes, "A bit of advice before I leave, do not trust those humans who left you there, if that imp I killed had found you first, you would've died, so please... Be careful." Erubus got back up, dusting himself off as he did.

Tadhana nodded. "I will," she murmured. Did she still want to be friends with them after tonight? Maybe not. She'd have to figure out what exactly happened tonight first, once she confronted Nicholas and Samuel about it. She watched him rise back up to his full height and then realized something. She couldn't let him leave without a token of her gratitude. "Oh, and before you go." Tadhana looked around herself, moving a bit away before she bent down and picked a rose gently. She held it carefully in her hands, being sure not to prick herself on its thorns in the process.

"I don't have much to give you," she said. "But it'd be impolite to let you leave without giving you anything." So Tadhana held the rose out to him. She still wasn't sure how she felt about him, but he seemed gentle. Kinder with her than most others had been, which was ironic considering how their meeting had went at first. But right now, Tadhana couldn't find it in herself to still be deathly afraid of him when he had done so much to help her get back home. "My parents actually wanted to name me after a rose at first. Something to remember me by, maybe?"

Erubus smiled as she handed him the rose, roses were his favorite flowers, he loved them so much. "Thank you very much, Tadhana." he spoke softly, the smile still on his face.

For some odd reason Erubus didn't find her annoying like all the other humans he had met, she was sweet, very sweet. He didn't understand why people she thought were her friends could just abandon her as they did. He didn't understand why they would just abandon anyone like that...

"I will remember you by this." Erubus said whilst holding the rose and sniffing it. He looked back down at her, smiling once again before he began to walk away.

Tadhana watched him go, and as she did so she tried to think about what she thought of him. He did certainly intrigue her, especially with the way that he had treated her once he had chosen to spare her. And why, anyway? Tadhana didn't think that she was anything special, though of course she was just glad to have made it through the night alive. Maybe she'd be able to think clearer in the morning, once she's had her rest or maybe after she's had a stern word with the others.

Still, as she watched him leave, she found herself smiling.

(( time skip woo))

Over the months since Tadhana had first met Erubus, she had made it a habit to seek him out. It had taken a while for Tadhana to get used to him, and she assumed something similar on his end. But regardless, Tadhana did consider him to be a friend. And, yes, maybe he was a strange one to have. Tadhana didn't know anyone else like him, or anyone else who had a friend like him at all. And it made her feel giddy in a way, to know that this friendship was hers.

She tucked her bouquet of flowers closer into herself as she walked on through the forest. This time, it was a sunny day and the sunlight felt warm on her back as they filtered through the leaves hanging overhead. She had a soft smile on her face as she looked down at the flowers she had grown and picked as a gift just for him. It was an arrangement of daisies and daffodils and dahlias and, of course, roses. She stopped in the middle of a clearing, with the sky open right above her and she looked around. "Erubus?" she called out.

Erubus placed both of his hands on her shoulder, appearing almost instantly as she called out his name. "Hello Tadhana." Erubus said with a bright smile on his face.

Erubus loved when Tad visited him, he had become used to her coming to see him over the months. He was always in a better mood when she visited him. Erubus thought of Tad as a friend, one of his only friends. Tadhana was special to him, he had sworn to protect her from the other demons, which he had over the months.

Erubus leaned over her shoulder, looking at the bouquet,
"Who's that for?"

Tadhana turned to face him as she felt his hands on her shoulders, and she smiled brightly at him. "Hello!" she said cheerfully. It was always nice to see him, and today, right now was no exception. She hadn't expected for them to ever become friends like this, but she didn't mind it. She loved it. She held the bouquet of flowers toward him, her eyes shining. "It's for you."

Erubus's eyes lit up as she handed him the bouquet. He smiled brightly at her before taking and sniffing them, "These smell beautiful Tad, thank you."

He was genuinely happy, he loved this gift so much. Erubus pulled Tad into a hug, still smiling brightly. He could stay like this for hours, with her in his arms.

Tadhana giggled softly as he pulled her into an embrace, one that she returned. She felt small in his embrace, though of course that was bound to happen with how much taller he was than her. But really, she mostly just felt warm and safe. "I knew you'd like it," she said. She stayed there for a moment before she pulled away from him, though her hands were still on his arms. "How have you been recently? I know it's been a while since my last visit."

Erubus smiled, "I love it." he said as he looked down into her eyes. He listened to her intently, "I'm doing well, how have you been?" he asked sweetly.

He sniffed the bouquet again, even with all the other flowers the smell of the roses were overwhelming, which he loved.

“I’ve been well,” Tadhana said, though her smile did lessen a little. It was true that life in Canterway had mostly been the same as it always was. Though, things were beginning to change slightly, and there was a more recent event that did upset her a little bit. “I had to work on fixing up my garden, though. Someone trampled a near good chunk of my flowers.Of course, many were spared and saved, and Tadhana didn’t need to restart the whole thing fortunately. There had still been enough to make one bouquet out of them, and she could have made more. Still, others were not so lucky, and she was still a little sad about those. It was hard for her to tell whether it was caused by a young child who had a little too much fun playing around or someone who had done it on purpose.

Erubus gasped, "Who do I need to kill?" he asked, in a more serious tone now. He hoped it was a child who trampled her little garden and not some bratty overage human.

Erubus patted her back softly, hoping to comfort her as she looked a bit disappointed.
"You okay?"

“I-I’m alright!” Tadhana assured him quickly. “I was just a little sad about it, is all. No need for anyone to get injured over this.” She did love and care for those flowers indeed, though she could buy more seeds and plant more flowers. Tadhana had grown many of her own flowers before and now wouldn’t be any different. It would be more effort, but it was preferable to someone actually getting harmed over this. Still, she did try to smile a bit more at him, trying to at least appreciate the sentiment. “Thank you...but I promise you don’t have to hurt anyone over me.”

Erubus nodded, "Okay." he said with an understanding tone to his voice. Erubus knew killing wasn't going to be a liked option by her.

Erubus now noticed he was a bit hungry, he hadn't eaten in a couple days and with his new diet he had developed from meeting Tadhana, he wasn't eating humans causing him to be a little weaker than he was before.
"Have you eaten anything?"

Tadhana nodded reluctantly. "I've eaten some bread," she said. For the most part, she had to grow her own meals, though it was still hard to get anything really filling on the table. The food prices seemed to go up, which was way too unlucky for her. But at the very least, some of the local bakers still kept their food affordable. "It's not a lot, but it's enough for me."

Erubus gave her a look, "Only bread? That's not enough!" He knew she struggled with money, and now with her flowers trampled she must be struggling even more. Erubus shook his head, "I have some dried meat I made, here." Erubus said, reaching through his pockets and pulling out something wrapped in leaves.

Tadhana looked down at what he had given her. She wondered if he had been saving that for himself, though her smile did soften at the offer. "You really don't have to," she murmured. Just in case, because she didn't want to end up taking anything from him. She was a bit hungry, sure, but Tadhana knew how to power on through it. "I promise that I'm fine with what I had."

"No, I insist." Erubus said, he wanted her to take it. Erubus took it back and began to unwrap it, taking a piece of the dried meat and waving it around her mouth. He knew she needed to eat more than bread, so he was going to make sure she did.

Tadhana hesitated before she sighed and took the meat. "Alright. But I'll pay you back for this at some point, I swear," she said. Tadhana couldn't let such a gesture go unrepaid. Or else she would certainly feel far too guilty...she'll find a way to give back to him at some point, once she figured out how. With that, Tadhana took a bite out of the dried meat, eating it until it was gone. Huh. She had been hungrier than she had thought. She looked back up toward Erubus and smiled. "Thank you, really...and I promise I'll give back one day." It did frustrate her how much she always wanted to repay the people who's given her something, and yet having so little to give them.

Erubus sighed, "No Tad, You already gave me this bouqet, just think of this like a gift for you." he said. Erubus knew her kind nature, she always wanted to give back, but he wasn't going to let her, not with how she was struggling. "You can just repay me by coming to visit me more often." He smiled softly, that would be the greatest gift to him.

Tadhana ducked her head. "Alright," she said. "I will, then." She hesitated for a few moments, wondering if she should add any more. But of course, she decided that she might as well indulge it to him. Otherwise she thought she might explode if she had to be stressed with this without any support. "And...there's been something else that's been worrying me." She cleared her throat. "Samuel has been a little more pushy lately. He's nicer, I guess, but I worry that he maybe just wants to trick me again, or that if it is genuine then he won't give me enough space."

Erubus got a bit jealous at hearing this, he had a slight scowl, his eyebrows raised. "I don't think you should trust him." he said almost immediately.

Erubus didn't want Samuel getting close to Tadhana, he knew if Samuel did, he would lose more time with her, which he didn't want at all.

Tadhana nodded slowly. "I'm still a little mad at him," she admitted. It had been beyond rude, after all, to leave her alone in that forest, and if it hadn't been for Erubus who knew what would've happened to her? "Even if he did apologize." But really, wasn't that what Tadhana just wanted? She wanted anyone who had wronged her to just apologize sincerely, and of course she would forgive them. Tadhana wasn't sure how anyone could be angry at the same person for so long.

"I'm just not sure what to think of him," Tadhana said. She wanted to think that he had changed over the course of these past months and that this time he was being genuinely kind to her and wanted to be. He seemed to want to show off to her quite a bit more recently than he ever had before. "But I'll keep your opinion in mind, okay? Don't worry. You're always going to be my favorite friend." That much was true, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back