• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom I am Legend (Post Canon OC)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Krippin Virus
Darkseekers
Robert Neville (film)
New York City

Of the 688 million who did not die from the virus, only 13.9 million (~0.002% of the original population) were naturally immune to KV; the other 674 million devolved into Darkseekers. (Numbers adjusted to 2021 population levels.)

This is a post canon OC roleplay of the I am Legend movie. (I am still undecided on which Ending I want to go with, but I am leaning toward the theatrical release where Neville Krippin dies - or an alternative original ending.

The human population has begun to recover, but it is a primarily rural civilization. The Darkseekers (referred to some as Moorlocks, after the nocturnal human mutation of the HG Wells book, The Time Machine).

The Outbreak of KV was in 2021. The events of the movie took place three years later . I am allowing 2-3 years for the Cure to be developed, tested and distributed. (I am also willing to discuss pushing this date further out, but we will need to discuss the decisions of the humans once the Cure is distributed - regarding the Darkseekers.

Characters
The nature of our characters will depend on the RP start date. If it starts once the Cure has been distributed, the characters could be from before the plague. If set a generation or more later, obviously not.

Posting
Please use 3rd person, past tense.

I am looking for modestly literate writers. I am not going to be a spelling and grammar Nazi, one liners will not be acceptable. 3 paragraphs to a page+ is expected. That said, content will be far more important. I don’t want 3 pages of useless rambling either.

Try to contribute to the story. Develop your character and relationships with other characters.

Please don’t leave us hanging. My work schedule gets pretty rough too.

Plot
This is, in part, a world building project. You are going to be humanity’s attempt to recover. You may be part of the decision process concerning what to do about the Darkseekers. (Humans can never safely go near the cities.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back