• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Ah lovely. That probably will mean more shouting Nephillim will have to deal with
So I've been thinking of how to address this message so that you wouldn't think you're in trouble, but would still get my point.

This message is written with the attitude of your character, whom doesn't like people. I understand that you were doing this on purpose, to convey how Nephillim might feel about the situation. In a comical/sarcastic way. What I'm worried about going forward, is that our other players think that's how you feel about THEM. When you make comments on behalf of Nephilim's feelings, phrase it something like "Nephillim is going to hate that,"

That way Dragon doesn't feel like you don't want his and your character to interact. Speak positively as a player, and you can be as cynical as you want when you're speaking as or for Nephillim. All I'm worried about is that there's a definite distinction between the two.

To stress, Dragon did NOT say anything about this comment hurting his feelings or anything of the sort. Therefore I don't think it was meaningful in any way to him. I am only taking precautions as a DM, of my own Accord, to ensure everyone feels welcome to interact out of character! You are not in trouble or on thin ice in any way. Capish?

I'd like to wrap up this afternoon in no more than one more round of posts, so I'd like to plan out of character what you'll all be writing.

JayGreen JayGreen if you'd like to suggest any amendments to Garvii's plan that he's shared, such as where to set the traps or how to lure the Bokoblins, say so now. You can also elect to simply help them build more traps! Of course your imagination is at your disposal, I'm just trying to encourage free communication amongst teammates.

Wernburger Wernburger Just_Dragon Just_Dragon unless Saife has a suggestion you two like better, I'll need you to roll Survival to collect supplies/build traps.

chargingdenki chargingdenki if Dragon asked Nephillim if he wanted to help, would he? No is a perfectly acceptable answer, as he might not do it for free and Dragon is out of rupees. In the same boat as Nephillim. Note: when you ask the front desk clerk about work she will tell you most of the horsemen are at the new Akala stable, defending it until it's inhabitants fully establish themselves in the land. A day's walk, and doable in the morning after you stay in your bought bed.

You can then spend the afternoon in any way that you want. It's a true sandbox within the parameters I've told you!

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon now, of course, dragon might not offer for Nephillim to join in the monster eradicating at all! It's up to you there, of course. If Dragon met Saife, and learned of her specialty in monster hunting, would you have any suggestions/amendments for how to deal with the monsters?

Open forum everyone! I'll answer any further questions before we go on so we can proceed efficiently with the afternoon!

chargingdenki chargingdenki if Dragon asked Nephillim if he wanted to help, would he? No is a perfectly acceptable answer, as he might not do it for free and Dragon is out of rupees. In the same boat as Nephillim. Note: when you ask the front desk clerk about work she will tell you most of the horsemen are at the new Akala stable, defending it until it's inhabitants fully establish themselves in the land. A day's walk, and doable in the morning after you stay in your bought bed.

You can then spend the afternoon in any way that you want. It's a true sandbox within the parameters I've told you!
Depending on what Dragon is asking him to do? For example if he makes it sound like more work than it’s worth he probably won’t. But he also doesn’t have much better to do so there is a chance. For example if Dragon can promise him money as soon as he gets some Nephillim would be much more willing to work with him

Depending on what Dragon is asking him to do? For example if he makes it sound like more work than it’s worth he probably won’t. But he also doesn’t have much better to do so there is a chance. For example if Dragon can promise him money as soon as he gets some Nephillim would be much more willing to work with him
Let's assume there's no money involved. How else would Nephillim spend his afternoon?

Let's assume there's no money involved. How else would Nephillim spend his afternoon?
Likely he would settle into his room as much as possible before wandering around the village looking for small odds and ends he could help with in an attempt to find payment of some sorts

All right just as a recap to the plan, Garvii is trying to use the forest area in between the stable and the monster camp to lure in the hordes of bokoblin in smaller numbers and spring spike/pit traps to thin their numbers. The idea was to use a local hunter (Aris) to set traps with useful bait but she indicated there isn't much left due to over hunting from the monsters so he's looking to Saife now to guide the actions forward.

His plan included engaging them in person as well while they are falling into traps to eliminate the stragglers. He's itching to split some skulls after spending so long planning.

Survival roll for Garvii's efforts: 19

Saife would suggest instead of luring bokoblins into traps with food, trying to scare them into them, or challenge them, cause she's also hurting at the state of animal life in the forest
I'd also like to try to make something with the swift violets for when we're engaging with bokoblins

Saife would suggest instead of luring bokoblins into traps with food, trying to scare them into them, or challenge them, cause she's also hurting at the state of animal life in the forest
I'd also like to try to make something with the swift violets for when we're engaging with bokoblins
Good call with the crafting!

Garvii would like to create buffs with the Stamella mushrooms he has. Is Saife familiar with crafting meals/potions and can assist? Garvii has some basic first aid medical know how but I don't think that applies here.

Good call with the crafting!

Garvii would like to create buffs with the Stamella mushrooms he has. Is Saife familiar with crafting meals/potions and can assist? Garvii has some basic first aid medical know how but I don't think that applies here.
She has some familiarity with potion crafting from her backstory and proficiency in nature and survival, so that might help

Wernburger Wernburger would you be willing to yield to not getting bait as Saife prefers?

And if the three ( Just_Dragon Just_Dragon ) of you opt for a hostile approach to utilize the traps, how are you going to do it? Target specific hunting parties, or antagonize the main camp and hope to lead away a large swath of Bokoblins??

I'll be sure to get rolls for meal crafting before the discussion is over, I assure you both. I'll also go searching in my docs for the rules on making meals I wrote up earlier. They're certainly lost in the OOC by now. Which is a good thing!!! We're active!!!

Likely he would settle into his room as much as possible before wandering around the village looking for small odds and ends he could help with in an attempt to find payment of some sorts
I hear you, I hear you. I'll give you more info in that way later on in character then!!

Wernburger Wernburger would you be willing to yield to not getting bait as Saife prefers?
If Aris hadn't told him there's no point to using bait at this stage, he'd have argued but he'll go with Saife's idea given the circumstances.

Garvii's probably overconfident he can take on groups of Bokoblins, he was looking to draw parts of the main horde into the forest traps and finish them off by groups.

I do apologize y'all, feeling under the weather and looking at a screen is making my head hurt

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon unless Saife has a suggestion you two like better, I'll need you to roll Survival to collect supplies/build traps.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon now, of course, dragon might not offer for Nephillim to join in the monster eradicating at all! It's up to you there, of course. If Dragon met Saife, and learned of her specialty in monster hunting, would you have any suggestions/amendments for how to deal with the monsters?
Dragon doesn't have too many plans or suggestions of his own, as he really doesn't know what exactly he's dealing with

If bait is going to be involved (I skimmed everyone's messages, forgive me if I'm skipping over something) he would opt to be the bait. Antagonizing the beasts, them letting them chase him into those traps.

Yes he'd ask Nephillim to help with gathering the needed supplies, and the fighting. Although a simple "no" when it comes to the latter will cause Dragon to back off, as he knows that he can't force Neph to do anything-

And if the three ( Just_Dragon Just_Dragon ) of you opt for a hostile approach to utilize the traps, how are you going to do it? Target specific hunting parties, or antagonize the main camp and hope to lead away a large swath of Bokoblins??

Mmm
He'd try to rid rid of those in the main camp, most likely-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back